:drool: and cum! :rocker:

I just did both!!!!

JRA
05-25-2010, 12:19 PM
That is 95% perfect.

DethMaiden
05-25-2010, 12:30 PM
That is 95% perfect.

I hope the 5% is the fact that their two best records weren't out yet. ;)

kngdymond
05-25-2010, 02:59 PM
I remember this one
A hot ass day in Hollywood waiting around all day drinking a few beers ( flame away girls) had to get in early to see the opener DARK ANGEL
Outside fights and some serious trouble right before we went in ( thats when they let you in on sunset blvd)

Inside huge crowd rough pit I mean really rough anyways right before they played Praise of Death Tom addressed the crowd and told us that someone had been shot and killed but he knew WE loved it because we were "in praise of death" the place went nuts :party:

JRA
05-25-2010, 05:49 PM
I hope the 5% is the fact that their two best records weren't out yet. ;)

Well, now. There's a stupid comment.

The 5% was the fact that they played Reborn, a crappy song from that album instead of a far superior Show No Mercy effort, like Face The Slayer of Crionics.

DethMaiden
05-25-2010, 05:49 PM

The 5% was the fact that they played Reborn, a crappy song from that album instead of a far superior Show No Mercy effort, like Face The Slayer of Crionics.

I'm a South of Heaven and Seasons in the Abyss man to the grave, sorry. ;)

JRA
05-25-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm a South of Heaven and Seasons in the Abyss man to the grave, sorry. ;)

I was once lectured that most real Slayer fans consider Show No Mercy through Reign In Blood to be the bands most vital period. Whilst I like those two albums you mentioned, my lecturer is correct.

mankvill
05-25-2010, 06:15 PM
I was once lectured that most real Slayer fans consider Show No Mercy through Reign In Blood to be the bands most vital period. Whilst I like those two albums you mentioned, my lecturer is correct.

Vital? Maybe.

Best? Noooooo.

Wizzbang11
05-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Show No Mercy-Reign is BY FAR the best.
Show No Mercy is arguably(by me at least :) ) the best thrash record of all time.
South of Heaven begins the spiral of Slayer becoming the lame band they are today. Granted they are better than all the other big 4 currently are, but nothing they have done can hold a candle to SNM. Nothing.

mankvill
05-25-2010, 06:44 PM
Show No Mercy is arguably(by me at least :) ) the best thrash record of all time.
South of Heaven begins the spiral of Slayer becoming the lame band they are today. Granted they are better than all the other big 4 currently are, but nothing they have done can hold a candle to SNM. Nothing.

man you know i love you with all of my mouth but i'm about to slap you

Wizzbang11
05-25-2010, 06:56 PM
man you know i love you with all of my mouth but i'm about to slap you

I really don't like South of Heaven at all. I don't know why it gets the praise it does. Seasons is decent but beyond that none of the Slayer material after Reign is something I enjoy listening to.

mankvill
05-25-2010, 07:09 PM
I really don't like South of Heaven at all. I don't know why it gets the praise it does. Seasons is decent but beyond that none of the Slayer material after Reign is something I enjoy listening to.

psht!

South of Heaven is the 2nd best thrash album from the big 4

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-25-2010, 07:17 PM
I saw them opening for Wasp in february of '87 and then headlining november of '88 with Overkill and Motorhead as openers.

Dave Lombardo back on drums

I've seen Slayer with all 4 drummers. :D

as far as Slayer's "vital period"? My opinion is: Hell Awaits through Seasons in the Abyss. and Seasons has some filler.

mankvill
05-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Here it comes again

aw shit

you ready for this?

drop that beat (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/536659):

South of Heaven
Seasons in the Abyss
Show No Mercy
Hell Awaits
Reign in Blood

That's my ranking of "good" Slayer, best to least-good.

Haunting the Chapel EP would go in somewhere around Seasons and Show no Mercy I guess.

daimonos
05-25-2010, 07:47 PM
I would rank the Slayer albums:

South of Heaven
Hell Awaits/Reign in Blood
Seasons in the Abyss
Show No Mercy
Divine Intervention
World Painted Blood
Christ Illusion
God Hates Us All
Diabolus in Musica

But in the year 1987, whenever some of those great albums didn't come out yet, and they were just playing older stuff, think of how incredible that show would be. It would be considered "evil as shit" for people in 1987, and sure would beat in the hell out of most things in 1987. But then Mayhem started recording around that time...

ijwthstd
05-25-2010, 07:56 PM
I haven't even listened since 1991 (don't even listen to much Slayer I am afraid) but don't really care for Seasons other than a few songs. Weird they are playing the whole thing when on the Clash Of The Titans tour they only played 3 songs.

DethMaiden
05-25-2010, 08:34 PM

Let me pick this apart piece by piece. :)

1. Show No Mercy to Seasons in the Abyss is by far the best.
2. South of Heaven is in the top probably 5 or 10 thrash albums of all time for me, but nothing by Slayer is the best.
3. South of Heaven was their peak.
4. They are not better than the rest of the Big 4. They're better than Anthrax because as far as I know Anthrax aren't doing anything, but Death Magnetic and Endgame are both pretty awesome albums, and World Painted Blood...isn't. At all.

idrinkwine732
05-25-2010, 08:41 PM
World Painted Blood...isn't. At all.

One of the few statements in that post I agree with. That album was lame.

mankvill
05-25-2010, 08:46 PM

2. South of Heaven is in the top probably 5 or 10 thrash albums of all time for me, but nothing by Slayer is the best.
4. They are not better than the rest of the Big 4. They're better than Anthrax because as far as I know Anthrax aren't doing anything, but Death Magnetic and Endgame are both pretty awesome albums, and World Painted Blood...isn't. At all.

1. Yup.

2. I'd say South of Heaven is right behind Rust in Peace for best by the Big 4, haven't really thought about thrash overall.

3. Sure

4. World Painted Blood is better than Death Magnetic, but not Endgame.

hurrrrrrrrrrrmyopniion

Wizzbang11
05-25-2010, 08:51 PM

I beg to differ.
1. South of Heaven exempts Seasons from being included in the streak.
2. No. And Show No Mercy is pretty damn perfect.
3. I dislike most everything about SoH, but the worst part is Tom Araya's vocals. They don't even sound evil.
4. All 3 sucked, World Painted Blood was equal to Death Magnetic but Slayer as people have much more dignity than Metallica, so I would rank them higher.

:)

Crionics
05-26-2010, 10:35 AM

:lovedup: I like you

JRA
05-26-2010, 11:01 AM
:lovedup: I like you

and I fell in love with you the first time I saw your screenname. :naughty:For those wanting to chime in "get a room," please go google image beecock.

Crionics
05-26-2010, 11:15 AM
and I fell in love with you the first time I saw your screenname. :naughty:For those wanting to chime in "get a room," please go google image beecock.

:party:

hellawaits77ny
05-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Amazing setlist

PowerMaiden
07-28-2010, 03:08 PM
01. Raining Blood
02. Angel Of Death
03. Die By The Sword
04. Praise Of Death
05. Criminally Insane
06. Necrophiliac
07. Aggressive Perfector
08. Black Magic
09. Captor Of Sin
10. Reborn
11. The Antichrist
12. Postmorten
13. Epidemic
14. Hell Awaits
15. Altar Of Sacrifice
16. Jesus Saves
-----
17. At Dawn They Sleep
-----
18. Chemical Warfare
19. Evil Has No Boundaries
20. Raining Blood (ending)

I'm listening to the Birmingham April 19 th, 1987 bootleg show of this tour right now and really it's fucking amazing. No Evil Has No Boundaries though but fuck me it's just pure fucking lovable aggressive Slayer !

funny that Tom was introducing Hell Awaits which I didn't think he ever did

long Live Slayer

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

evildeadjedi
07-28-2010, 03:49 PM

1. Agree
2. Agree
3. I really liked Seasons but, South is better.
4. Agree, so how would you rank the Big 4?

JLRedWing13
07-28-2010, 03:56 PM

Hey, I agree with pretty much all this. Not completely on #2 and #3, but close enough. :party:

PowerMaiden
07-28-2010, 05:14 PM

imho.

1. yes but there are a lot of good post Seasons stuff, a whole damn lot
2. no
3. no
4. no, they are the best of the big 4 and World Painted Blood is a lot better than everything Metallica has done since Justice and Megadeth since mmmm fuck probably better than anything they ever made

have a good day :)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

elturtleboy
07-28-2010, 07:42 PM
that setlist is fuckin sex with two lesbians with big tits while they feed you pizza. But I love all Slayer albums,yes even, Diabolus

My Rank:
Reign in Blood
Show No Mercy
Seasons In The Abyss
Hell Awaits/Haunting The Chapel
South Of Heaven
God Hates Us All
World Painted Blood
Divine Intervention
Christ Illusion
Undisputed Attitude
Diabolus in Musica

Indestructible
07-29-2010, 06:42 AM
Ill rank the Slayer albums to

Seasons in the Abyss
South of Heaven
Reign in Blood
Hell Awaits
Show No Mercy
Haunting the Chapel
God Hates Us All
Christ Illusion
Divine Intervention
Diabolus in Musica
World Painted Blood
Undisputed Attitude

El Gordo
07-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Nice fucking setlist... but to throw my hat in the ring, South of Heaven is by far the best thing Slayer ever did. It is the most "thrash" of any of their albums, easily more than Reign in Blood. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that Reign is the most overrated thrash album of all time. You can barely even call it a thrash album... other than Angel of Death and Raining Blood, the entire album is the same speed, and a hallmark of good thrash is time and tempo changes -- whether it be song to song or within the same song. Show No Mercy and Hell Awaits are both good albums, better than RiB -- but still kind of primitive in comparison to SoH. I stopped caring when I heard Divine Intervention -- seemed like Reign in Blood 2.0 and didn't hold my interest for long at all... I gave the CD to a buddy 2 weeks after buying it......

Whiskey Brother
03-26-2011, 10:18 AM
They opened and closed with "Raining Blood", and both times the place went fuckin crazy!

I was towards the front when the bass triplets hit like a physical force...
Halfway through the song, I got thrown up on top of the crowd, and starting kicking and fighting like a lunatic to keep from being thrown over the barricade, which was a surefire way to get thrown right out the backstage door into the parking lot. I got pretty close, and then literally went down head first about three people from the front. I spent the next song and a half upside down thinking I was gonna be on the front page of the newspaper in the morning. "Slayer Fan Killed At Show"

I literally had to tear a few shirts off, and grab some poor guy by his neck to get upright again. I then headed for the relative safety of the pit....

Without a shirt, missing my necklace, a little bloody and bruised, and glad to be alive!!!

Unless you were there, you have no idea of the sheer power of Slayer on the Reign in Blood tour. I've seen them just about every year since 1986, and the shows at the Hollywood Palladium were the best...

jhdeity
03-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Yeah I see people on here post shit on here like I've seen Slayer and they weren't that brutal or weren't that great. Those people have no idea. Unless you saw Slayer back then, you haven't TRULY seen Slayer. Those club shows were indescribable. The venues were used to overselling shows back then but Slayer changed all of that.

I'll never forget fighting my way to the front row for Slayer on the South of Heaven tour only to be crushed against the barricade. Being crushed then getting a break is one thing but being crushed by 500 people going NORTH and not stopping for 10 minutes was scary as shit. I fought for my life that day. That was and to this date has been the only time I thought I could die at a concert. I earned that spot and I held it down though.

Still one of the best shows I've ever seen....

hellawaits77ny
03-26-2011, 10:33 PM
I've said this before, but I wish I could go back in time see a Slayer show during this era. You guys who were able to are very lucky!!!