PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, why the fuck does everyone care so much?

Derelict
05-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Why the fuck does everyone care so much what other people listen to and enjoy?

Maiden33
05-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Was this inspired by something in particular that I didn't see?

Derelict
05-25-2010, 09:43 AM
Nothing in particular, just people feeling the need to chime in on every band/subject/show just to shit all over what other people like.

Probably shouldn't have posted this, just irritated today. Oh well.

Sanitarium78
05-25-2010, 09:45 AM
I really don't myself. As for the people who chime in on every topic weather they like the band or not. YES! that is extremely annoying. If I don't like a band on here I don't purposely go on the thread and talk shit about them. If I have no intrest I don't bother saying nothing. But some people just wanna do that all the time because they think it makes them "cool". Well it doesn't, it just makes you an asshole.

Fires Of Sedition
05-25-2010, 10:16 AM
I really don't myself. As for the people who chime in on every topic weather they like the band or not. YES! that is extremely annoying. If I don't like a band on here I don't purposely go on the thread and talk shit about them. If I have no intrest I don't bother saying nothing. But some people just wanna do that all the time because they think it makes them "cool". Well it doesn't, it just makes you an asshole.

:agree:

mastodon421
05-25-2010, 10:37 AM

100% agree. Very well put.

The Green and Black
05-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Was this inspired by something in particular that I didn't see?

I think he's mad because we said we didn't care about the Opeth dude's side project. :eyes:

ravenheart
05-25-2010, 10:57 AM
I think people are under the impression that pointing out how a popular band sucks makes them knowledgable on what is actually good in metal.

I agree, if I have no interest I don't comment. When I do comment negatively on a band, it's because it's a band I should be interested in but I think they've done whatever it is wrong/badly. So I do have interest, I just don't think it turned out well. That's called debate/discussion and has ever right to go on.

If I weigh into a thread about a death metal band saying they suck, because I don't like death metal bands. That's different.

Derelict
05-25-2010, 10:59 AM
I think he's mad because we said we didn't care about the Opeth dude's side project. :eyes:

No, it was nothing in particular. That wasn't my thread anyway.

mankvill
05-25-2010, 12:08 PM
if i comment enough, maybe the band will break up

SomewhereInTime72
05-25-2010, 12:21 PM
if i comment enough, maybe the band will break up

:lol: :lol:

I don't really comment on things I don't like, unless it's a genre or band that I normally like, but I think has failed in this particular occasion. In that case, it's more noteworthy that it sucks. I wouldn't jump into a conversation about things I don't like because I'm not interested in them... because that may very well be (or might not be, but how could I even tell?) one of the cases of "it's not them, it's me".

ChildrenofSodom
05-25-2010, 12:26 PM
"I hate when people say they like the same thing as me. Hey guys, I'm posting something about how I like Band A. I don't give a fucking shit if you also like them, just leave me alone. I hate people that compliment my tastes."

I turned it around for you, but its the same idea. If you are going to post your opinion (on something as subjective as music) in a public forum, then you open yourself up to comments. You presumably told us all that you like Band A because you expect other people to, but if everyone hates that band, then thats your own fault. Go sit in your closet by yourself and talk about how good that band is if you don't want input.

ravenheart
05-25-2010, 12:35 PM
"I hate when people say they like the same thing as me. Hey guys, I'm posting something about how I like Band A. I don't give a fucking shit if you also like them, just leave me alone. I hate people that compliment my tastes."

I turned it around for you, but its the same idea. If you are going to post your opinion (on something as subjective as music) in a public forum, then you open yourself up to comments. You presumably told us all that you like Band A because you expect other people to, but if everyone hates that band, then thats your own fault. Go sit in your closet by yourself and talk about how good that band is if you don't want input.

Only valid if it's from people who normally like the style Band A plays. If it's, to go back to my previous example, a death metal band, and people who don't like death metal say the band sucks, that's irrelevant and irritating.

DethMaiden
05-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Only valid if it's from people who normally like the style Band A plays. If it's, to go back to my previous example, a death metal band, and people who don't like death metal say the band sucks, that's irrelevant and irritating.

I only like good bands so I can't comment on bad ones. :(

Natrlhi
05-25-2010, 12:37 PM
if i comment enough, maybe the band will break upSorry, dude - TOOL isn't going to break up no matter how hard you complain. ;)

The Green and Black
05-25-2010, 01:02 PM

Wow, I am in shock. We finally agree on something. :eyes: I don't go out of my way to participate in threads of no interest to me, most times I don't even click on them (unless I'm really really bored). But yeah, if you are posting something on a public forum, you open yourself up for a variety of opinions, positive or negative. I consider myself well rounded in all types of rock/metal music, so I have just as much right to bitch about say, the Goo Goo Dolls, as I would about Amon Amarth. Not that I have a complaint about either band at the moment, just using two ends of the spectrum as an example.

mankvill
05-25-2010, 01:03 PM
Sorry, dude - TOOL isn't going to break up no matter how hard you complain. ;)

I'll light Maynard's vineyard on fire!

ChildrenofSodom
05-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Wow, I am in shock. We finally agree on something. :eyes:

Well, all the guys you agree with here have vaginas, so I'm not surprised we disagree normally.

mankvill
05-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Well, all the guys you agree with here have vaginas, so I'm not surprised we disagree normally.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6285/1269805170842.gif

ChildrenofSodom
05-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Mank, you have a gif for posting funny things.

mankvill
05-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Mank, you have a gif for posting funny things.

NO

WE ARE NOT STARTING THIS SHIT AGAIN

SomewhereInTime72
05-25-2010, 03:05 PM
NO

WE ARE NOT STARTING THIS SHIT AGAIN

theres no stop.png it

ChildrenofSodom
05-25-2010, 03:38 PM
theres no stop.png it

YES!

idrinkwine732
05-25-2010, 05:23 PM
If people can compliment any band they like, then I reserve the right to complain about any band I don't like.

mankvill
05-25-2010, 05:33 PM
theres no stop.png it

No need to get in a .tiff over it.

FUCK

Wizzbang11
05-25-2010, 05:47 PM
If people can compliment any band they like, then I reserve the right to complain about any band I don't like.

And what Cameron said.

SomewhereInTime72
05-25-2010, 06:01 PM
No need to get in a .tiff over it.

FUCK

my thoughts .exectly

ChildrenofSodom
05-25-2010, 06:58 PM
Glad to see this .wav of puns.

idrinkwine732
05-25-2010, 07:35 PM
It's .rar to see this many puns on one page.

mankvill
05-25-2010, 07:45 PM
It's .rar to see this many puns on one page.

Zip it. :mad:

Cynicist
05-25-2010, 07:53 PM
http://andy-lee.com/blog/Nerds.jpg

xStructualDefect
05-25-2010, 08:08 PM

yeah of course you have the right to, but there's really no point in it in my opinion. if people want to complain about a band they hate so much, then that's all on them. i'd rather not waste my time saying how much i don't like a band.

idrinkwine732
05-25-2010, 08:23 PM
yeah of course you have the right to, but there's really no point in it in my opinion. if people want to complain about a band they hate so much, then that's all on them. i'd rather not waste my time saying how much i don't like a band.

Then what's the point of praising bands?

xStructualDefect
05-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Then what's the point of praising bands?

i guess no point really, to talk to people with similar interest to the band. but in my opinion going to threads and commenting on bands you hate or just complaining about a band you hate in general is a waste of time.

idrinkwine732
05-25-2010, 09:43 PM
The way I see it is just be honest. You either like a band, or you don't. However it's just wrong to go into a thread and go "these guys fucking suck they're a disgrace to music, they should be shot like dogs, etc...."

I agree with avoiding negativity, but I see it just the same way I see positivity.

es156
05-25-2010, 09:55 PM
:lol: Well done guys.

theres no stop.png it

Winner.

xStructualDefect
05-25-2010, 11:07 PM
The way I see it is just be honest. You either like a band, or you don't. However it's just wrong to go into a thread and go "these guys fucking suck they're a disgrace to music, they should be shot like dogs, etc...."

I agree with avoiding negativity, but I see it just the same way I see positivity.

yea i agree it's a waste of time in my opinion. haters should leave the thread to the people who actually like and want to talk about the band. i'm sure they would want the same with threads with bands they like. i'm sure everyone would throw a shit fit and think it's completely wrong if someone bashed on a band like Iron Maiden, Behemoth, Mastodon, etc, but they think it's perfectly okay to bash on a band like Lamb of God.

i don't know but i love positivity and get irritated with people who only have negative things to say.

Maiden33
05-25-2010, 11:09 PM
think it's completely wrong if someone bashed on a band like Iron Maiden

The only band it is wrong to bash. Seriously, anyone else, no matter how much I love them - have at it. :D

Natrlhi
05-26-2010, 08:49 AM
Zip it. :mad:

No. I didn't get to participate, so I'm giving the pun side-topic a .bmp.

SomewhereInTime72
05-26-2010, 09:42 AM
No. I didn't get to participate, so I'm giving the pun side-topic a .bmp.

Now .dats what I'm talkin' bout!

Natrlhi
05-26-2010, 09:48 AM
These puns make me feel s.exe

Sanitarium78
05-26-2010, 11:16 AM
However it's just wrong to go into a thread and go "these guys fucking suck they're a disgrace to music, they should be shot like dogs, etc...."

That's the thing that bothers me. If you have reasons why you don't like a band you should at least try to explain them in a better way. But most of the time people say stupid shit like that and it just makes them come off as immature assholes.

The main reason I avoid bashing bands I don't like is becasue you never know what that band may truly mean to somebody else. No matter how much you may not like a band that particular artist could've been around for someone else here and helped them through some hard times, or even saved somebody's life by discovering them. So people need to think before they thoughtlessly bash a band. Just because they aren't shit to you, doesn't mean that they don't mean the world to another person.

The Green and Black
05-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Not directed to anyone in particular, but most of you bash the hell out of Fonzbears shit! So I see a lot of the pot calling the kettle, just saying. :cool:

mankvill
05-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Not directed to anyone in particular, but most of you bash the hell out of Fonzbears shit! So I see a lot of the pot calling the kettle, just saying. :cool:

I'm still waiting for him to say whether or not he believes that fucked up ATLAH shit

ChildrenofSodom
05-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Now .dats what I'm talkin' bout!

Word.

mankvill
05-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Word.

You Excel at these puns.

xStructualDefect
05-26-2010, 04:04 PM
The main reason I avoid bashing bands I don't like is becasue you never know what that band may truly mean to somebody else. No matter how much you may not like a band that particular artist could've been around for someone else here and helped them through some hard times, or even saved somebody's life by discovering them. So people need to think before they thoughtlessly bash a band. Just because they aren't shit to you, doesn't mean that they don't mean the world to another person.

THIS.

Wizzbang11
05-26-2010, 04:11 PM

Sort of agree, but also, the point of this was "why does everyone care about other people's music tastes", but why do you(those complaining) care what other people think about your music taste?
Honestly I'd hope most metalheads were thick skinned enough to not give a fuck about others opinions on how what they love sucks, considering this is how the general public views all sorts of extreme music.

mankvill
05-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Sort of agree, but also, the point of this was "why does everyone care about other people's music tastes", but why do you(those complaining) care what other people think about your music taste?
Honestly I'd hope most metalheads were thick skinned enough to not give a fuck about others opinions on how what they love sucks, considering this is how the general public views all sorts of extreme music.

Exactly.

Crionics
05-26-2010, 04:22 PM

This and That sorta

SomewhereInTime72
05-26-2010, 04:35 PM

Not gonna lie, I see pretty much 0 connection between the underlined bit and the rest of the post.

xStructualDefect
05-26-2010, 04:56 PM

i usually disagree with you, but i actually agree with everything you just said.

who the fuck cares if someone else listens to something someone you might hate. like does it not let some people sleep at night or what?

b_halperin
05-26-2010, 05:16 PM
I think its cool to share opinions, but when people go from showing their opinion to attacking the band and the poster, then I think it's really immature.

For example, I don't like Limp Bizkit, but that doesn't mean I hate you or the people in Limp Bizkit (except for Fred Durst)

mankvill
05-26-2010, 05:17 PM
I think its cool to share opinions, but when people go from showing their opinion to attacking the band and the poster, then I think it's really immature.

For example, I don't like Limp Bizkit, but that doesn't mean I hate you or the people in Limp Bizkit (except for Fred Durst)

I know why you want to hate me
Cuz hate is all the world thatís even seen me
Now I know why you want to hate me
Cuz hate is all the world thatís ever seen lately
why you want to hate me
Cuz hate is all the world thatís even seen lately
Now you wanna hate me
Now you wanna hate me

Sanitarium78
05-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Not gonna lie, I see pretty much 0 connection between the underlined bit and the rest of the post.

Yeah, I see that now. Thanks for pointing that out. I guess I just lost my train of thought for a second.