PDA

View Full Version : Dying Fetus -- Milwaukee, WI -- May 23rd, 2010

Jochen
05-24-2010, 10:37 PM
This was part of the Midwest Fuckfest, which was three days and was held at The Rave. I didn't go the the first two days, but I went the third day to see Dying Fetus. I got there with two friends around 7:45 and some local band was playing. The sound was really bad and that made their music even worse. The singer flipped into the crowd at one point and missed the crowd, landing right on his back. Anyways, Conducting From The Grave played next (everything was about an hour behind schedule) and I don't like deathcore, but they were pretty decent.

Annotations of an Autopsy played next, the friends I came with were fans of them and they weren't really that bad, they really don't deserve all of the hate they get, there's much worse out there. They played for 25-30 minutes.

Misery Index were next. They were pretty cool, somewhat generic, but still pretty good. Their set was about 35-40 minutes.

Then came Arsis. They were pretty cool, they had great energy and could play really well. The vocals were kind of grating, but the music was good.

Dying Fetus closed the night. Interestingly, whereas the other bands took 15-20 minutes to set up, they only took 10 minutes to set up, however, John's mic went out during one of the songs, and the roadies kept playing around with his monitors. I was kind of surprised at how few people there were, probably only 100 or so, but even so, the crowd was brutal. They didn't end up hitting the stage until around midnight, so judging from other setlists, they had to cut Epidemic of Hate and another song. But yeah, like last time I saw them they really good. Even though about half of their songs kind of drag on they put on a good show and worth seeing.

Praise the Lord
Your Treachery Will Die With You
Eviscerated Offspring
Homicidal Retribution
Conceived Into Enslavement
Your Blood Is My Wine
Killing On Adrenaline
One Shot One Kill
Ethos Of Coercion
Skull Fucked
Grotesque Impalement
Pissing in the Mainstream
Kill Your Mother, Rape Your Dog

hellawaits77ny
06-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Was Misery Index playing as a 3-piece? I know they were w/o Sparky earlier in the tour, just wondering if he had returned yet.

Jochen
06-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Was Misery Index playing as a 3-piece? I know they were w/o Sparky earlier in the tour, just wondering if he had returned yet.

Yeah, they were a 3 piece.