PDA

View Full Version : Mastodon Cancels Summer Tour

MPF
05-24-2010, 06:31 PM
...And no, it's not because of Brent.

Atlanta progressive metallers MASTODON have cancelled their previously announced summer tour, which scheduled to launch in Germany on June 5 and be completed in Finland on July 3. The band's guitarist, Bill Kelleher, was diagnosed with pancreatitis (a sudden inflammation of the pancreas which can have severe complications and high mortality despite treatment) and was advised by doctors to pursue further medication. Doctors are optimistic and expect a full recovery in the coming weeks for Bill, as the band is eager to take part in the BlackDiamondSkye tour, along with ALICE IN CHAINS and DEFTONES, scheduled to open in Chicago on September 16.

I feel for Bill, some of my family has also had pancreatitis as well. I really hope while they take this time off Brent will also get his shit together.

DethMaiden
05-24-2010, 06:32 PM
:snivel: Get well soon, Bill.

Hate to say it, but this should be Brent's liver, not Bill's pancreas.

300%_Density
05-24-2010, 06:36 PM
Damn when I was guessing they wouldn't make the AIC/Deftones tour I figured it would be other reasons but not this. What a fun depressing metal day this has turned out to be.

idrinkwine732
05-24-2010, 06:39 PM
Their long term future is in jeopardy...

MPF
05-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Damn when I was guessing they wouldn't make the AIC/Deftones tour I figured it would be other reasons but not this. What a fun depressing metal day this has turned out to be.

You did read the last sentance right?

Doctors are optimistic and expect a full recovery in the coming weeks for Bill, as the band is eager to take part in the BlackDiamondSkye tour, along with ALICE IN CHAINS and DEFTONES, scheduled to open in Chicago on September 16.

idrinkwine732
05-24-2010, 06:43 PM
Just a question, do you guys consider any of the members of this band replaceable?

I don't know if any are...

DethMaiden
05-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Just a question, do you guys consider any of the members of this band replaceable?

Troy and Brann are the least expendable by far. Both guitarists are extremely good, but less essential to what makes Mastodon Mastodon in my opinion.

300%_Density
05-24-2010, 07:06 PM
You did read the last sentance right?

Doctors are optimistic and expect a full recovery in the coming weeks for Bill, as the band is eager to take part in the BlackDiamondSkye tour, along with ALICE IN CHAINS and DEFTONES, scheduled to open in Chicago on September 16.

Damnit, the English language apparently failed me. Reading the 2nd time made me feel that much more stupid but yes thank you for pointing that out for me.

TonyD
05-24-2010, 07:11 PM
None of the dates affect me but this could be terrible.

No. If something were to happen I think they would have the integrity to stop using the title of Mastodon.

Dextrimental
05-24-2010, 07:24 PM
FUCK.. means they wont play graspop...... ballsss...

Derelict
05-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Hope he's ok, as far as I know this isn't bad if treated and you take care of yourself.

Hm, I wonder who headlines Tuska
now?

Crionics
05-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Get well Bill!

Natrlhi
05-25-2010, 11:27 AM
A close relative of mine almost died from pancreatitis. The situation is very serious, but as has been pointed out, the prognosis can be good with the proper treatment. Alcohol intake can often be the cause - and a major irritant to - this condition. Often, patients have to give up drinking altogether - for good. This is what happened to the person I know. Don't know if this even applies to Bill, but I hope he gets better soon, and does what he needs to do to stay healthy. :metal:

ravenheart
05-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Hope he's ok, as far as I know this isn't bad if treated and you take care of yourself.

Hm, I wonder who headlines Tuska
now?

If they promote bands, then Kamelot. Otherwise they'll just try to book a replacement. Not that I care, I'm flying home that day ;)

ravenheart
05-25-2010, 11:51 AM
FUCK.. means they wont play graspop...... ballsss...

Or Sweden Rock, but I was going to watch Billy Idol anyway.

evildeadjedi
05-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Get well Bill!

TonyD
05-25-2010, 01:12 PM
A close relative of mine almost died from pancreatitis. The situation is very serious, but as has been pointed out, the prognosis can be good with the proper treatment. Alcohol intake can often be the cause - and a major irritant to - this condition. Often, patients have to give up drinking altogether - for good. This is what happened to the person I know. Don't know if this even applies to Bill, but I hope he gets better soon, and does what he needs to do to stay healthy. :metal:

From what I understand he went into the hospital last summer because of health issues, they told him to not have more than 1 or two drinks at a time and he just dropped it all together, which doesn't seem out of the question since they all still smoke a lot of weed.
If he started drinking again it's his own fault, but I have a hard time believing he did, if this just came out of nowhere, its terrible luck.

Natrlhi
05-25-2010, 02:00 PM
they told him to not have more than 1 or two drinks at a time and he just dropped it all together, which doesn't seem out of the question since they all still smoke a lot of weed.That's what the person I know did... ;)

Derelict
05-25-2010, 02:14 PM
That's what the person I know did... ;)

I think that's the way to do it - 1 beer turns into 2, which turns into 14. If you have to keep your intake that low, its easier just to not drink.