PDA

View Full Version : Project featuring Mikael Akerfeldt, Mike Portnoy, and Steve Wilson

Fires Of Sedition
05-24-2010, 11:16 AM
http://www.metalinjection.net/finally/project-feature-mikael-akerfeldt-mike-portnoy-steven-wilson-finally-launched

Sounds like this could be pretty awesome

Maiden33
05-24-2010, 11:18 AM
I know a few people (one specifically) that have probably been touching themselves nonstop since reading about this. For me? Big-ass yawn.

Derelict
05-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Wait, I thought Mike Portnoy was the drummer for Avenged Sevenfold?

The Green and Black
05-24-2010, 11:28 AM
I know a few people (one specifically) that have probably been touching themselves nonstop since reading about this. For me? Big-ass yawn.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have to agree with you, I don't give a shit about this either.

ravenheart
05-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Ancient, ancient news.

Literally like five years old. I got tired of waiting. And seeing as that article offers absolutely no new information at all, I guess waiting is still all we have.

Three of the best musicians around though, so it should be good.

daimonos
05-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Ancient, ancient news.

Literally like five years old. I got tired of waiting. And seeing as that article offers absolutely no new information at all, I guess waiting is still all we have.

Everything I've read about it before just said it was an idea, but the article says they actually started writing.

I am very excited for this.

ChildrenofSodom
05-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Finally....this shit is going to rock.

DethMaiden
05-24-2010, 04:30 PM
I dunno what "launched" means. Wake me up when there's an album announcement.

This should be great, though, as long as it isn't hopelessly self-indulgent. I'm most worried about Wilson there, incidentally.

ravenheart
05-24-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm most worried about Wilson there, incidentally.

'Insurgentes' was pretty awful.

Fires Of Sedition
05-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Ancient, ancient news.

Damn..I hadn't heard anything about it until I saw it earlier. :eyes:

Maiden33
05-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Pretty much everything Steven Wilson does is pretty awful.

I fixed it. :D

The Green and Black
05-25-2010, 07:40 AM
Damn..I hadn't heard anything about it until I saw it earlier. :eyes:

It seems everyone loves to slag your news. :eyes:

:lol:

Fires Of Sedition
05-25-2010, 09:17 AM
It seems everyone loves to slag your news. :eyes:

:lol:

I KNOW. Everytime I post something I think "hell yeah, I found something cool" and then I find out that it's old news and I look like a retard. :(

daimonos
03-26-2011, 06:40 AM
According to Blabbermouth they've finished writing material for the album "Storm Corrosion":
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=155866

plus an interview with Steven Wilson regarding the project

:party:

jd091
03-26-2011, 05:58 PM

:eyes:

I have to admit, I saw that headline and thought to myself, "This sounds like the greatest band in the universe".

El Gordo
03-27-2011, 04:18 PM

I'm with you on this one. I'd rather listen to almost anything else than Opeth or Dream Theater. And I've never bothered with Porcupine Tree. Who knows though, could be great.

ravenheart
09-26-2011, 03:56 AM
Recording complete. Release for April 2012.

SomewhereInTime72
09-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Why do I not completely believe that... probably the fact that this has been 'happening' for years now. :D

ravenheart
09-27-2011, 01:22 AM
Why do I not completely believe that... probably the fact that this has been 'happening' for years now. :D

Yeah, it's only taken them, what, five years? Hell, Portnoy was still in Dream Theater when they announced it ;)

But they say it's done now. Off to be mixed and mastered. No label yet though.