PowerMaiden
05-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Shitty band

fixed

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PlaysWithKnives
05-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Yeah that isn't a great set. Too black album heavy. A MOP or Justice heavy set would be great. They do realize they don't have to play SBT or that piece of trash NEM every night? I can't complain too much though. They put on a good show most nights and when I saw them back in october.

idrinkwine732
05-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Yeah that isn't a great set. Too black album heavy. A MOP or Justice heavy set would be great. They do realize they don't have to play SBT or that piece of trash NEM every night? I can't complain too much though. They put on a good show most nights and when I saw them back in october.

Hey, I like Nothing Else Matters...

PlaysWithKnives
05-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Hey, I like Nothing Else Matters...
That's nice. Whatever makes your ears happy. They still don't need to play it every night

Skinny Juice
05-23-2010, 07:13 PM
This thread is proof that even if one of the greatest metal bands of all time does a 2+ year tour where they drastically change the set nightly, some folks still bitch. Why don't I see as many posts whining about sets under artists who play the same short sets night in and night out. Does Iron Maiden play as long of a set and change their set up nightly like Metallica? If you don't like the band, shut up and don't read the thread. Is that hard? Go back over to blabbermouth to hate.

mankvill
05-23-2010, 07:45 PM
This thread is proof that even if one of the greatest metal bands of all time does a 2+ year tour where they drastically change the set nightly, some folks still bitch. Why don't I see as many posts whining about sets under artists who play the same short sets night in and night out. Does Iron Maiden play as long of a set and change their set up nightly like Metallica? If you don't like the band, shut up and don't read the thread. Is that hard? Go back over to blabbermouth to hate.

More or less, this is true. Hate on Metallica all you want, but they definitely give their fans their money's worth and then some.

TonyD
05-23-2010, 11:29 PM
More or less, this is true. Hate on Metallica all you want, but they definitely give their fans their money's worth and then some.

For $30-40? Yes.
For the actual price ($60-100)? Once was enough for me.

mankvill
05-24-2010, 12:00 AM
For $30-40? Yes.
For the actual price ($60-100)? Once was enough for me.

:lol: Yeah

MetalIsArt
05-24-2010, 01:39 AM

Because people still can't accept the fact that Metallica is the biggest heavy metal band in the world, even with altering their style. You have to play the same year after year, which is fine with me, but even then people complain.

I despise most of St. Anger, but that doesn't mean I think they're "shitty".

Maidenmagic
05-24-2010, 04:48 AM
A setlist like that is not going to cut it for a "Big Four' show. When you're sharing a stage with Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax you can't afford to go out playing a weak song like Nothing else matters.

PlaysWithKnives
05-24-2010, 05:11 AM
I'm as big a metallica fan as anyone but some fans are way too sensative when they get criticized. Metallica did a lot of people wrong back in the mid 90s with their half crap albums and bad setlists. As for me I didn't take it that way. Their first 5 albums the few good songs from the loads and plenty of other music got me by just fine. But when they get criticized I understand. By the way. Iron Maiden is the biggest metal band in the world. Metallica is second

PowerMaiden
05-24-2010, 05:15 AM
. By the way. Iron Maiden is the biggest metal band in the world

I wanna be your friend

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Maple Syrup
05-24-2010, 05:44 AM
once again makes it a not sgr8 setlist (for me)..

Sanitarium78
05-24-2010, 05:51 AM
The original poster missed a song. They did Battery after MOP. Metallica always does 18 songs a night on this tour not 17 like the first post has:nonono: