PDA

View Full Version : Nevermore Tour

moobys37
05-23-2010, 09:03 AM
Full dates not announced yet, but they're selling tickets for the Pittsburgh show:

http://www.elkoconcerts.com/event-details/?tfly_event_id=9435

Nevermore
Warbringer
Mutiny Within
Hatesphere

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Sweet! Warbringer and Mutiny Within are really going everywhere and anywhere....regardless I hope this show comes by at a point where I can attend....school makes everything so complicated.

Akumu
05-23-2010, 09:12 AM
:confused:

So is Nevermore/SymX/Candlemass going to be a European tour, or nonexistent?

Chyck
05-23-2010, 09:19 AM
:confused:

Yeah! I'm all excited for that idea. Though this is fine and I'll probably go, I've seen enough of Warbringer and Mutiny Within lately.

makethemsuffer12
05-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Awesome. Though I was looking forward to a tour with Symphony X, I'm perfectly satisfied with seeing Warbringer on there as they are one of my favorite thrash bands and alwayts put on an awesome show. Though I don't think they really fit in with the rest of the bill.

JuuKun
05-23-2010, 09:38 AM
I'll be happy seeing Nevermore headline no matter what...but, yeah, what happened to Symphony X and Candlemass?

Crionics
05-23-2010, 09:41 AM
If this comes to Richmond I'd go

ravenheart
05-23-2010, 10:27 AM

There's no word of that tour here... I was fully expecting that to be a US tour. Interesting...

If that does turn out to be a European tour, I will be there. Even if it doesn't come to London I'll find a date I can get to.

DethMaiden
05-23-2010, 11:19 AM
HUGELY disappointing support considering what we were sorta promised. I hate these fucking bands who play every single tour on earth. Someone needs to round up Blackguard, Warbringer, Swashbuckle, and Mutiny Within and shoot them.

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-23-2010, 11:22 AM
HUGELY disappointing support considering what we were sorta promised. I hate these fucking bands who play every single tour on earth. Someone needs to round up Blackguard, Warbringer, Swashbuckle, and Mutiny Within and shoot them.

While I like every single one of those bands, I agree to an extent. It's getting a little bit annoying to see them do nothing but support and see them play nearly the same set EVERY time. Can't they do a mini headlining tour or something? It just gets old.

DethMaiden
05-23-2010, 11:25 AM
While I like every single one of those bands, I agree to an extent. It's getting a little bit annoying to see them do nothing but support and see them play nearly the same set EVERY time. Can't they do a mini headlining tour or something? It just gets old.

Maybe they should all tour together. Then no one who just wants to see the headliner will have to see them. :eek:

Chyck
05-23-2010, 11:31 AM
I can take one at a time no problem (especially Swashbuckle) - it's when more than one is on a tour that I sigh.

Maiden33
05-23-2010, 11:31 AM

Hahaha. Into Eternity have dropped off in the past 2 years, but they were totally in this category for like 3 years.

And you forgot Powerglove. :D

DethMaiden
05-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Hahaha. Into Eternity have dropped off in the past 2 years, but they were totally in this category for like 3 years.

And you forgot Powerglove. :D

Yeah, even though I kind of like Into Eternity they were definitely *that band* for a while. And Powerglove...I don't even feel like I have to give them the time of day. I'll say the same about them that I say about Swashbuckle: if you need a fucking shtick for people to be interested, you suck.

Maiden33
05-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Yeah, even though I kind of like Into Eternity they were definitely *that band* for a while. And Powerglove...I don't even feel like I have to give them the time of day. I'll say the same about them that I say about Swashbuckle: if you need a fucking shtick for people to be interested, you suck.

I say this all the time. I hate gimmick/shtick metal of any/all kinds.

mastodon421
05-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Out of all the "herpes" bands Blackguard and Warbringer the only good ones. Mutiny Within is meh and Swashbuckle is beyond lame.

ravenheart
05-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Someone needs to round up Blackguard, Warbringer, Swashbuckle, and Mutiny Within and shoot them.

Cauldron too please.

ravenheart
05-23-2010, 11:59 AM
And Powerglove...I don't even feel like I have to give them the time of day. I'll say the same about them that I say about Swashbuckle: if you need a fucking shtick for people to be interested, you suck.

Alestorm... Sabaton... Austrian Death Machine

DethMaiden
05-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Alestorm... Sabaton... Austrian Death Machine

Suck, dunno, suck

ravenheart
05-23-2010, 12:13 PM
Lol, Sabaton are the biggest of those three.

Power metal, every song is about an historic battle or similar.

DethMaiden
05-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Lol, Sabaton are the biggest of those three.

Power metal, every song is about an historic battle or similar.

Ah. Well, lyrical content I can deal with if the music has the muscle to back it up. I have no problem with Amon Amarth, for example, because strip away the Viking lyrics and it still sounds like melodic death metal with balls.

Now, if they used "Viking instruments" like so many of their Scandinavian brethren, I'd lose all patience.

Chyck
05-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Man - ya'll are grumpy today. Funny quirky stuff is funny and quirky. I'm surprised that bands that are relatively harmless get as many complaints from ya'll as they do.

ravenheart
05-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Ah. Well, lyrical content I can deal with if the music has the muscle to back it up.

They're... average.

ravenheart
05-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Man - ya'll are grumpy today. Funny quirky stuff is funny and quirky.

And very often it's done to cover up a lack of either creativity or talent. I think people take particular offence when there's no reason to be "fun and quirky" and it's just done to try and sell on novelty value alone.

DethMaiden
05-23-2010, 12:52 PM
And very often it's done to cover up a lack of either creativity or talent. I think people take particular offence when there's no reason to be "fun and quirky" and it's just done to try and sell on novelty value alone.

Precisely. See Amon Amarth. Kinda shticky, very good.

xStructualDefect
05-23-2010, 01:08 PM
call gimmick bands lame or whatever you want, but they always put on a really fun show. Austrian Death Machine and Alestorm are a lot of fun live, i heard Swashbuckle was pretty fun live as well. it's fun to listen to bands every now and then knowing you're not supposed to take them seriously.

mankvill
05-23-2010, 01:54 PM
all deathcore bands are gimmick bands and I've never had fun during them

mastodon421
05-23-2010, 02:04 PM
I will say Austrian Death Machine is hillarious. I saw them live and they were a lot of fun. I really don't have an issue with gimmick bands but Swashbuckle's gimmick is just lame.

ravenheart
05-23-2010, 02:28 PM
All this said about gimmick bands, but Lordi > all of you ;)

DethMaiden
05-23-2010, 02:42 PM
All this said about gimmick bands, but Lordi > all of you ;)

:barf:

One of my most disappointing concert experiences ever, because I actually expected to enjoy them in a really tongue-in-cheek kind of way, but they were just dreadful.

ravenheart
05-23-2010, 02:48 PM
The first time I saw them they were great. Really good show, big stage production etc.

After the Eurovision novelty died off I think people stopped paying attention, because when they came back they played a venue less than half the size of the previous tour, which was far too small for any stage setup (last time it was huge) or pyro.

Needless to say, without all that they were just another average band in costumes.

Dissimulate
05-23-2010, 03:25 PM
I might be alone here, but I could enjoy Lordi without the massive stage show.

ravenheart
05-23-2010, 03:43 PM

I thought I could too. Although I was disappointed with the 'Deadache' album, I still enjoy the other albums a lot. But there was just no energy without the stage show.

Sanitarium78
05-24-2010, 06:34 AM

I actually saw them in a club in 2007 opening for Type O Negative. I've never seen the big stage show they have which is probably exclusive to Europe anyways. But I was up front and it was deffinately intresting to see them up close like that in these costumes with no room to move on stage. The singer couldn't do much because he didn't really have anywhere to move with the small stage and the big costume. It was enjoyable even though I don't care much for their music. Besides 'Blood Red Sandman' and a couple others they aren't that special at all. Which is probably exactly why they do the gimmick thing otherwise i'm fairly certian myself along with many others wouldn't have a clue who the hell they were.

Now back to the more important topic of Nevermore. I hope they get another good US tour going again. They were building up some good momentum in 2005 when they played Gigantour and their following seemed to be growing. I hope that even though it's been a few years now that can get that back with a new US tour. I'm not sure if they'll play my city but I like them enough that I might travel a short distance to see them if they end up playing within reasonable driving distance of where I live.

The Green and Black
05-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Foolish me, I saw the title of this thread and thought all this talk would have been information on the Nevermore tour! :lol:

As far as gimmicks go, I like the Viking stuff, but am annoyed by the Pirate stuff.

And as for Nevermore, I have not seen them live since they opened for Opeth about 5 years ago, can't wait for Nevermore's tour!!!!!!!!!!

Sanitarium78
05-24-2010, 04:12 PM
And as for Nevermore, I have not seen them live since they opened for Opeth about 5 years ago, can't wait for Nevermore's tour!!!!!!!!!!

That tour was the last I saw them to:mad: It's been way too long now. Also, my friend and I went to that show just for Nevermore. We hung out for Opeth just to give them a chance but they were so boring that we left by like the fourth song:D It might not have been so bad if the singer didn't give a speach between each song. It really killed the vibe Nevermore had left in the audience. I don't mind when someone exchanges some plesantries with the crowd but I didn't need to hear the singer recite a whole dissertation on the song they were about to play.

Very cool to learn that you like Nevermore. I think you've become my favorite poster on here:party:

makethemsuffer12
05-24-2010, 04:19 PM
I still have yet to see Nevermore. I'm anxiously waiting for the tour announcement.

andrew_metalhead
05-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Wow man. All of you suck. You get to see possibly every fucking band on tour every fucking year and you complain about not liking or "getting bored" by the openers. If you don't like them, call the venue, ask them what time the headliner hits the stage, and DON'T DARE ENTER THE VENUE BEFORE THAT.

DethMaiden
05-24-2010, 11:03 PM
Wow man. All of you suck. You get to see possibly every fucking band on tour every fucking year and you complain about not liking or "getting bored" by the openers. If you don't like them, call the venue, ask them what time the headliner hits the stage, and DON'T DARE ENTER THE VENUE BEFORE THAT.

in b4 people rightfully tell you this is bullshit

andrew_metalhead
05-24-2010, 11:05 PM
in b4 people rightfully tell you this is bullshit

Didn't get you.

DethMaiden
05-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Didn't get you.

What you're saying=bullshit.

People have every right to complain about shitty openers. Most shows I go to, I actually look forward to the support acts, sometimes as much as or even more than the headliner. But when those acts DO suck, there's no reason we can't say so, and we certainly shouldn't have to wait to show up until the headliner is going to go on and inevitably have to stand towards the back for their set. We also don't have to rock out incredibly hard during the openers if we don't like them. They are openers, and the nature of that makes them realize that the people didn't buy a ticket to see them. If they're lucky, some people will be there to see them and they'll sell some merch, and maybe even convert some people, but they aren't the main attraction or they'd be going on last.

So yes, I will absolutely complain about this support considering it should be Symphony X and Candlemass and now it's just some fucking cancerous trend metal bands that get on every tour.

andrew_metalhead
05-24-2010, 11:11 PM
What you're saying=bullshit.

People have every right to complain about shitty openers. Most shows I go to, I actually look forward to the support acts, sometimes as much as or even more than the headliner. But when those acts DO suck, there's no reason we can't say so, and we certainly shouldn't have to wait to show up until the headliner is going to go on and inevitably have to stand towards the back for their set. We also don't have to rock out incredibly hard during the openers if we don't like them. They are openers, and the nature of that makes them realize that the people didn't buy a ticket to see them. If they're lucky, some people will be there to see them and they'll sell some merch, and maybe even convert some people, but they aren't the main attraction or they'd be going on last.

So yes, I will absolutely complain about this support considering it should be Symphony X and Candlemass and now it's just some fucking cancerous trend metal bands that get on every tour.

Go ahead and keep complaining then. You obviously don't get my point.

I don't go a show to expect amazing opening bands. I go to see headliners. Anything other than that is a bonus (for example Skeletonwitch opening for Cannibal Corpse). So I find it fucking lame and annoying that people complain about not having their desired openers. If I'd really want to see Symphony X I'd prefer seeing them play their own show, with a full set. Not as a support act. Enough said.

DethMaiden
05-24-2010, 11:14 PM
Go ahead and keep complaining then. You obviously don't get my point.

I don't go a show to expect amazing opening bands. I go to see headliners. Anything other than that is a bonus (for example Skeletonwitch opening for Cannibal Corpse). So I find it fucking lame and annoying that people complain about not having their desired openers. If I'd really want to see Symphony X I'd prefer seeing them play their own show, with a full set. Not as a support act. Enough said.

But seeing a package tour with three or four bands that you actually like can be a lot more fun, and save you money, no? I can't necessarily afford to see more than a show or two a month, and I like the shows I go to to be chock full of bands I want to see.

andrew_metalhead
05-24-2010, 11:20 PM
But seeing a package tour with three or four bands that you actually like can be a lot more fun, and save you money, no? I can't necessarily afford to see more than a show or two a month, and I like the shows I go to to be chock full of bands I want to see.

Yeah I do agree with that .. but doesn't really work out like that most of the times. Your point about saving money and going to see all the bands at one show rather than seeing their seperate headline shows is perfectly valid, but think of it from the bands' perspective. Wouldn't they lose money that way?

So well my only point was, people should be happy they are getting to see Nevermore (even if its not part of a package tour) and saying stuff like 'someone should round up Blackguard, Swashbuckle, Warbringer, Mutiny Within and shoot them down' is really not cool. They are bands who are working hard to make it big and successful and the only way to do it these days is by constant touring.

DethMaiden
05-24-2010, 11:22 PM
Yeah I do agree with that .. but doesn't really work out like that most of the times. Your point about saving money and going to see all the bands at one show rather than seeing their seperate headline shows is perfectly valid, but think of it from the bands' perspective. Wouldn't they lose money that way?

So well my only point was, people should be happy they are getting to see Nevermore (even if its not part of a package tour) and saying stuff like 'someone should round up Blackguard, Swashbuckle, Warbringer, Mutiny Within and shoot them down' is really not cool. They are bands who are working hard to make it big and successful and the only way to do it these days is by constant touring.

Yeah, I mean, I was obviously kidding, but I dig.

andrew_metalhead
05-24-2010, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I mean, I was obviously kidding, but I dig.

Of course .. but yeah .. Symphony X wouldn't get anywhere near the same amount of money supporting Nevermore as they'd get if they headlined. So as fans we should say 'thank God that there's at least Megadeth putting together Rust In Peace and American Carnage tours' :lol:

I really want to see Symphony X btw .. never seen that band. I love their stuff!

Maiden33
05-24-2010, 11:27 PM
I really want to see Symphony X btw .. never seen that band. I love their stuff!

My favorite live band. Saw them 4 times in 2007/2008. When they get back into the swing of things again (probably by the end of the year), I plan to see them a few more times.

I recently heard a rumor that Pagan's Mind are touring here in November. Now, logic would suggest Pagan's Mind can't/shouldn't tour the US themselves, so I have a feeling someone I want to see is going to do a US tour this fall and have Pagan's Mind support them. I'm crossing my fingers for Symphony X, or better yet, Evergrey.

MPF
05-24-2010, 11:40 PM
I recently heard a rumor that Pagan's Mind are touring here in November. Now, logic would suggest Pagan's Mind can't/shouldn't tour the US themselves, so I have a feeling someone I want to see is going to do a US tour this fall and have Pagan's Mind support them. I'm crossing my fingers for Symphony X, or better yet, Evergrey.

Please don't get my hopes up like that. :D

Seeing Symphony X, Pagan's Mind, or Evergrey would be a dream come true for me. Especially Evergrey.

SomewhereInTime72
05-25-2010, 06:47 AM
My favorite live band. Saw them 4 times in 2007/2008. When they get back into the swing of things again (probably by the end of the year), I plan to see them a few more times.

Aw, hell yeah.

xStructualDefect
05-25-2010, 07:15 AM
yeah Symphony X is amazing live. i wasn't tooo big of a fan before seeing them but after that they quickly became one of my favorite bands, and especially one of my favorite live bands. i'm stoked for the new album and a US tour. hopefully they change the setlist a bit and play something like Out of the Ashes, Seven, Evolution, Accolade, Wicked, etc.

The Green and Black
05-25-2010, 08:12 AM
That tour was the last I saw them to:mad: It's been way too long now. Also, my friend and I went to that show just for Nevermore. We hung out for Opeth just to give them a chance but they were so boring that we left by like the fourth song:D It might not have been so bad if the singer didn't give a speach between each song. It really killed the vibe Nevermore had left in the audience. I don't mind when someone exchanges some plesantries with the crowd but I didn't need to hear the singer recite a whole dissertation on the song they were about to play.

Very cool to learn that you like Nevermore. I think you've become my favorite poster on here:party:

Yes! I love Nevermore!!! I saw them live for the first time back when the In Memory EP was out. They were opening for Testament, maybe? You know, my memory is bad! I just remember it was that tour because I bought the EP and an In Memory long sleeve shirt at the show! I only went to the Opeth show for Nevermore as well. I remember it was on Halloween! My friends went for Opeth, I went for Nevermore! I remember being bored during Opeth's set, and wanting to leave! :lol: I have seen Nevermore live I estimate around 10 times total, but always as an opening act. I saw them with Testament, Savatage (a few times) Overkill (maybe?)trying to remember the rest! I want to see them headline. :demonwing
Year of the Voyager is the closest I have come to that so far!

JuuKun
05-25-2010, 08:19 AM

:drool::drool:

That would be fantastic. Supporting SymX or Evergrey would be even better, holy shit. But seeing PM again would be awesome :party:

Sanitarium78
05-25-2010, 09:34 AM
Yes! I love Nevermore!!! I saw them live for the first time back when the In Memory EP was out. They were opening for Testament, maybe? You know, my memory is bad! I just remember it was that tour because I bought the EP and an In Memory long sleeve shirt at the show! I only went to the Opeth show for Nevermore as well. I remember it was on Halloween! My friends went for Opeth, I went for Nevermore! I remember being bored during Opeth's set, and wanting to leave! :lol: I have seen Nevermore live I estimate around 10 times total, but always as an opening act. I saw them with Testament, Savatage (a few times) Overkill (maybe?)trying to remember the rest! I want to see them headline. :demonwing
Year of the Voyager is the closest I have come to that so far!

I didn't even know who Nevermore was yet when In Memory came out. I didn't get into them until Dead Heart, In A Dead World. The only other time I've seen them live was on 2005's Gigantour which was just a few months before the tour with Opeth. They don't hit my area too often and the few times they have it's been in support of somebody else. There's a new venue in my city now that's really good at booking metal acts. They're getting bands that haven't been around for years or bands who would regularly ignore my area. So, I'm hoping they can book Nevermore once they start their headlining tour. Nevermore is one of those bands that doesn't get enough respect for how good they are and I really can't figure out why that is? They're better than the vast majority or bands that are around right now. Yet there are many infeirior bands who out sell and headline over them:confused:

The Green and Black
05-25-2010, 11:39 AM
I didn't even know who Nevermore was yet when In Memory came out. I didn't get into them until Dead Heart, In A Dead World. The only other time I've seen them live was on 2005's Gigantour which was just a few months before the tour with Opeth. They don't hit my area too often and the few times they have it's been in support of somebody else. There's a new venue in my city now that's really good at booking metal acts. They're getting bands that haven't been around for years or bands who would regularly ignore my area. So, I'm hoping they can book Nevermore once they start their headlining tour. Nevermore is one of those bands that doesn't get enough respect for how good they are and I really can't figure out why that is? They're better than the vast majority or bands that are around right now. Yet there are many infeirior bands who out sell and headline over them:confused:

I agree! As for Nevermore, I totally discovered them by chance by going to see Testament back in 1996-1997 My favorite albums by Nevermore to this day are Dead Heart and In Memory! I saw them on the Dead Heart tour when they opened for Savatage!

ravenheart
05-25-2010, 11:44 AM
I saw Nevermore for the first time supporting Disturbed. Watched them from the VIP section the fucked off. Much to the annoyance of the Disturbed fans :lol:

ravenheart
05-25-2010, 11:45 AM
People have every right to complain about shitty openers.

This. Absolutely.

Openers are important and there's no excuse for booking shit bands. People who only turn up for the headliners should be kicked in the head until dead. Only excuse is if the support bill is announced in advance and it sucks. Then skip them, so they know they fucked up.

The Green and Black
05-25-2010, 01:12 PM
I saw Nevermore for the first time supporting Disturbed. Watched them from the VIP section the fucked off. Much to the annoyance of the Disturbed fans :lol:

Disturbed fans deserve to be annoyed. ;)

This. Absolutely.

Openers are important and there's no excuse for booking shit bands. People who only turn up for the headliners should be kicked in the head until dead. Only excuse is if the support bill is announced in advance and it sucks. Then skip them, so they know they fucked up.

Well most shows locally here, the openers do suck, so I do try and avoid them, if possible. But I always check out the openers online before a show, or when the full lineup is announced, if they are any good, I'll go early to check them out. Sometimes I find cool bands that way, but sadly, most of the time not. Now years ago, I discovered quite a few openers who ended up being some of my favorite bands, Tad Morose opening for Edguy, Sentenced opening for In Flames, Nevermore opening for Testament, Strapping Young Lad opening for Testament. But that just doesnt seem to happen anymore, sadly.

idrinkwine732
05-25-2010, 05:19 PM
fucking cancerous trend metal bands that get on every tour.

Hey man, Mutiny Within are in it for the long haul ;)

makethemsuffer12
05-25-2010, 05:46 PM
I can understand why people get tired of seeing the same opening bands over and over, except for Warbringer. If you ask me they are a fucking great band and deserve every fucking opening slot they get. You can't deny that they absolutely dominate whenever they are on the stage.

DethMaiden
05-25-2010, 06:26 PM
This was in an chain email I get from a Louisville promoter:

"Tuesday October 26th @ Headliners Music Hall
Nevermore w/ Entropy"

Fuck, it's a Tuesday, and I may not have a car or be able to convince anyone to drive. :(

xStructualDefect
05-25-2010, 07:56 PM
This. Absolutely.

disagree. some people don't care about any band besides the headliner. it's not like all tour packages are going to be amazing with amazing support acts each time. i think for the most part metal tour packages are booked well with choosing support acts.

mankvill
05-25-2010, 08:12 PM
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5695/1270527062412.jpg

why you cryin?

PlaysWithKnives
05-26-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm a big fan of Nevermore and I personally don't give a crap who they're touring with. I'm just glad they're doing a headline tour finally.

Natrlhi
05-26-2010, 10:09 AM
People have every right to complain about shitty openers.

This. Absolutely.

disagree. some people don't care about any band besides the headliner. it's not like all tour packages are going to be amazing with amazing support acts each time. i think for the most part metal tour packages are booked well with choosing support acts.A couple of things here:

Firstly, when someone says that they think that people who do a certain thing should be "kicked in the head until dead", chances are, the person who is saying this is probably being just a little sarcastic (that, or they are a complete sociopath, which is very rare). Hence, taking the rest of their comment too seriously - and by this, I mean too literally - is probably not the correct course of action. Just sayin'.

Secondly, I agree with Ravenheart and DethMaiden that openers do matter, and that the people who book shitty openers and / or opening bands who don't fit with the headliner (or at least the majority of other bands on the bill) should be advised that they don't know what the hell they are doing - otherwise, the shitty trends will just continue. There is no excuse for not doing your job. We're all accountable for something, and if you're a tour promoter or organizer, that's your fucking job.

Lastly, nobody here is expecting perfection. Not every tour is going to be perfect. We realize that. However, I personally reserve the right to make comments about lineups that suck if I'm going to be expected to shell out my hard-earned money to go to a show. Nothing pisses me off more than wanting to see a headliner (or even a main support band or whatever) when the rest of the bands on the bill make me want to hurl. That usually means I'm going to pass on the tour when I'd rather not, and that's an opportunity that may never happen again...look at all the deaths and band break-up's we've all been frothing at the mouth about lately. Not to mention that some of us just can't go waltzing out of the house whenever we feel like it, in order to go to every single show that comes to town (except Mankvill, of course ;)). Really good show opportunities are somewhat rare for some of us, and promoters need to do their jobs well so that the fans don't get screwed. Period.

MPF
05-26-2010, 10:16 AM
Sometimes openers matter, sometimes they don't.

I've played plenty of opening spots for bands where we were the only band liked. Other times, we played with those same bands and we didn't have ANYONE watching us and only came to watch the band after us.

As for bigger bands...

It is because of the opening band that I've found some of my favorite bands. Likewise I've been to shows where the opening band sucks donkey balls.

It's give or take. Go for the bands you wanna see. You might enjoy the opening bands, you might hate them. But never skip out on a show because of who's opening.

DethMaiden
05-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Lastly, nobody here is expecting perfection. Not every tour is going to be perfect. We realize that. However, I personally reserve the right to make comments about lineups that suck if I'm going to be expected to shell out my hard-earned money to go to a show. Nothing pisses me off more than wanting to see a headliner (or even a main support band or whatever) when the rest of the bands on the bill make me want to hurl. That usually means I'm going to pass on the tour when I'd rather not, and that's an opportunity that may never happen again...look at all the deaths and band break-up's we've all been frothing at the mouth about lately. Not to mention that some of us just can't go waltzing out of the house whenever we feel like it, in order to go to every single show that comes to town (except Mankvill, of course ;)). Really good show opportunities are somewhat rare for some of us, and promoters need to do their jobs well so that the fans don't get screwed. Period.

Pre-fucking-cisely. The list of bands that I'll see, let's say, on a weekday no matter the ticket cost and no matter who opens, is very, very short. There have to be a lot of factors to get me out to a show or I'd never have any money. ;)

Sanitarium78
05-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Just chiming in on the whole opening bands discussion.

If I like the headliner I will go no matter what and could care less who's opening. It's deffinately cool if they can get a band or bands that you also like. But most of the time that doesn't happen, at least for me anyways. I've never gone to a show just for a support band. To me it doesn't make any sense to waste money on a ticket to see a support act play under 30 mins like at lot of them do. Even when I don't know the support bands I always give the them a chance when i'm at a show. I'll always watch them and listen to them with an open mind. Which I think is better than a lot of people who just wait out in the lobby or wait until the openers are finished before even coming into the venue. If I don't like a band after a few songs I'll just go and get a drink and wait for the next one to come on.

Maiden33
05-26-2010, 11:03 AM
It should be noted that most of the time, the headliners don't pick their own support - obviously never when it's local, but even most of the time they don't pick their own tour support. It's all politics of their labels, management, etc. Obviously if a band wanted to take a stand against a certain support band, they could, but most of them just don't really care, and aside from the really big ones, no one ever goes out of their way to make sure their tour support band(s) are exactly what their audience wants.

mankvill
05-26-2010, 01:41 PM
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5695/1270527062412.jpg

why you cryin?

WHY

YOU

CRYIN

Indestructible
05-26-2010, 01:44 PM
This. Absolutely.

I mostly show up for headliners. Someone should kick me in the head for doing that im so sorry i went against your wishes and did what i wanted to. Alot of openers suck and the headliners are the only good bands on most of the time.

PlaysWithKnives
05-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Holy shit. I can't believe this thread has went from its humble begining to such violent intentions:D. Anyway for me unless a support band is someone I really love, for the most part I'm not going to go just any concert. I'm going to go see Dream Theater in july. I don't care if they have or who is support. Ticket sold for me. If they come with someone good then bonus. Ill watch to see if there any good. I know some people will go to a concert for the hell of it. And that's great. A couple times recently I've gone to a show just for the support or co headliner. But in my long concert going life there has been only a handful of times I've gone for a support band or co-headliner or maybe to see 3 or 4 bands at one of the clusterfuck fests. The headliners for those are usually some crap band anyway. A lot of us don't have the money to go to concerts all the time. Have to choose wisely. For those that do have the time and money, that's great. Knock yourselves out.

xStructualDefect
05-27-2010, 07:32 AM
just listened to Nevermore's Obsidian Conspiracy last night.

what the fuck have i been missing out on? i've always known about this band but never got into them, but this stuff is ace. this album sort of reminds me of Symphony X's Paradise Lost. i'll definently be checking out more from this band in the next few days.

The Green and Black
05-27-2010, 07:35 AM

what the fuck have i been missing out on? i've always known about this band but never got into them, but this stuff is ace. this album sort of reminds me of Symphony X's Paradise Lost. i'll definently be checking out more from this band in the next few days.

Dead Heart in a Dead World! :horns:

Sanitarium78
05-27-2010, 10:33 AM

You've been missing out on a ton my friend. There one of those bands that just flys under the radar and doesn't get that much attention. I think the band just prefers it that way, honestly. That way they can always do their best and what they want on each and every album, without worrying about pressure from the label to produce something huge sales wise. It's worked for them so far as every album is great in it's own way. I've always referred to them as "the best band nobody's ever heard of". Because most people I know who are into metal when I ask if they know them they always say "who?". Needless to say i've converted a few people to Nevermore over the last few years.

Their first album came out in 1995 so you do have some catching up to do:D Dead Heart In A Dead World, Dreaming Neon Black and This Godless Endeavor are the best albums i'd recommened to check out for a Nevermore newbie:rocker:

xStructualDefect
05-27-2010, 10:53 AM
i've known about this band for a few years now, and have given them a chance a few times but i don't remember liking it too much. i thought it was good stuff but couldn't get into it. maybe Obsidian Conspiracy is different or heavier than the other albums, but that album really caught my attention.

i'll be sure to check out those albums and thanks for the recommendations.

es156
05-31-2010, 07:47 PM
Chicago show is on TicketMaster now. October 29th at Reggie's. Same night as Roger Waters in St. Louis.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

DethMaiden
05-31-2010, 07:53 PM
Chicago show is on TicketMaster now. October 29th at Reggie's. Same night as Roger Waters in St. Louis.

Hmm. Now I can't decide if I should try to go to Louisville or Chicago. Either way, I'll be renting a car and therefore dropping over 100 bucks to see the show. :mad:

MPF
05-31-2010, 07:56 PM
By the looks of the two dates shown on Ticketmaster the tour is getting announced this week.

I noticed The KY dates has the band Entropy (which is funny because I know it's not the Wisconsin band, Entropy that I've played shows with) and the Chicago show is Warbringer, Mutiny Within and Hatesphere.

es156
05-31-2010, 07:57 PM
Hmm. Now I can't decide if I should try to go to Louisville or Chicago. Either way, I'll be renting a car and therefore dropping over 100 bucks to see the show. :mad:

I will have to consider alternatives as well. If they are playing Louisville, which I consider to be a smaller market, then maybe they will play either Indy or St. Louis. If not, I might have to consider Louisville.

Sanitarium78
05-31-2010, 08:12 PM

I'd go see Nevermore. I like Pink Floyd and The Wall as much as anyone, but performance wise I'm sure Nevermore will have the upper hand here. If Gilmour was playing the descision would be a harder though.

gilpdawg
06-01-2010, 12:44 AM
I shall be going to Louisville. Never seen Nevermore except for at the first Gigantour where they only played 20 minutes and once when they opened for Savatage in 2001 before I knew who they were.

maidenpriest
06-01-2010, 03:51 AM
seems like full tour dates are on enterthevault.com .. sadly im moving to NM and they arent getting a date even though AZ is *sigh* :(

Sinfulsot
06-01-2010, 05:49 AM
Never seen Nevermore except for at the first Gigantour where they only played 20 minutes

I was hoping to catch them there, but i was late. Stupid Boston!

To ensure that I see them, I might have to catch multiple dates. And Philly and Manhat work best for me.

youngandaspiring
06-01-2010, 07:22 AM
I'd love to see them. One of the best bands around, and they've released solid albums since Dreaming Neon Black.

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Figures that the NY date is on a Tuesday. In October. Fuck, missing Nevermore with their fantastic new album, probably to-be fantastic set. Just great.

Maiden33
06-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Figures that the NY date is on a Tuesday. In October. Fuck, missing Nevermore with their fantastic new album, probably to-be fantastic set. Just great.

Why is it impossible? (Not trying to be a dick, just curious why exactly it's impossible for you to go)

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Why is it impossible? (Not trying to be a dick, just curious why exactly it's impossible for you to go)

It turns out I will not be bringing my car with me up to school with me next semester, so it's the same reason as to why any other show this past school year was difficult: no transportation. And not only is it ridiculously expensive to go to the city and back from Bing ($65 round trip), it's on a Tuesday. A school day. Impossible with the school work/extracurricular crap I'd have to juggle. A weekend is barely doable as is, a weekday is a flatout no-go :bouville:.

MPF
06-01-2010, 11:16 AM
For those as lazy as me...

9/23/2010
Rickshaw Theater
Vancouver BC

9/24/2010
El Corazon
Seattle WA

9/25/2010
Hawthorne Theater
Portland OR

9/28/2010
Key Club
West Hollywood CA

9/30/2010
Galaxy Theatre
Santa Ana CA

10/1/2010
Ramona Mainstage
Ramona CA

10/2/2010
U.B.'s Bar
Mesa AZ

10/3/2010
The Rock
Tucson AZ

10/5/2010
Bluebird Theater
Denver CO

10/6/2010
Marquee
Tulsa OK

10/7/2010
Ridglea Theater
Ft Worth TX

10/8/2010
Scout Bar
San Antonio Tx

10/9/2010
Numbers
Houston TX

10/11/2010
Emo's Austin
Austin TX

10/13/2010
The Masquerade
Atlanta GA

10/14/2010
Volume 11
Raleigh NC

10/15/2010
Jaxx Nightclub
West Springfield VA

10/17/2010
Trocadero Theater
Philadelphia PA

10/19/2010
The Gramercy Theatre
New York NY

10/20/2010
Foufounes Electriques
Montreal QC

10/21/2010
Music Hall
London ON

10/22/2010
The Opera House
Toronto OT

10/23/2010
Peabody's
Cleveland OH

10/25/2010
Diesel Nightclub
Pitt PA

10/26/2010
Headliner's Music Hall
Louisville KY

10/29/2010
Reggie's Rock Club
Chicago Il

10/30/2010
The Rave
Milwaukee WI

10/31/2010
Station 4
St. Paul MN

11/1/2010
Royal Albert Arms
Winnipeg Manitoba CA

11/2/2010
Exchange
Regina SK

11/2/2010
Exchange
Regina SK

11/4/2010
The Republik
Calgary Ab

11/5/2010
The Pawn Shop
Edmonton AB

I'll be there on Halloween!

300%_Density
06-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Tulsa!!!!!!!!!!

makethemsuffer12
06-01-2010, 03:25 PM
A Tuesday... Hopefully I can work this out. I would hate to have to miss this.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-01-2010, 05:05 PM
I'll be going to the FT Worth show. Haven't seen Nevermore since '99. Plus I want to see Warbringer.

JuuKun
06-01-2010, 06:27 PM
I know enterthevault doesn't have the Palladium date listed, so I don't know how many others it missed, but here's the full dates:

Sep. 23 - The Rickshaw Theater - Vancouver, BC
Sep. 24 - El Corazon - Seattle, WA
Sep. 25 - Hawthorne Theatre - Portland, OR
Sep. 26 - Slim's - San Francisco, CA
Sep. 28 - Key Club - Los Angeles, CA
Sep. 30 - The Galaxy Theatre - Santa Ana, CA
Oct. 01 - Ramona Mainstage - Ramona, CA
Oct. 02 - U.B.'s Bar - Mesa, AZ
Oct. 03 - The Rock - Tucson, AZ
Oct. 05 - Bluebird Theater - Denver, CO
Oct. 06 - Marquee - Tulsa, OK
Oct. 07 - Ridglea Theater - Ft. Worth, TX
Oct. 08 - Scout Bar - San Antonio, TX
Oct. 09 - Numbers - Houston, TX
Oct. 11 - Emo's Alternative Lounging - Austin, TX
Oct. 13 - The Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
Oct. 14 - Volume 11 - Raleigh, NC
Oct. 15 - Jaxx - West Springfield - VA
Oct. 16 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA
Oct. 17 - The Trocadero - Philadelphia, PA
Oct. 19 - The Gramercy Theatre - New York, NY
Oct. 20 - FouFounes - Montreal, Que
Oct. 21 - Music Hall - London, Ont
Oct. 22 - Opera House - Toronto, Ont
Oct. 23 - Peabody's - Cleveland, OH
Oct. 25 - Diesel Nightclub - Pittsburgh, PA
Oct. 26 - Headliner’s Music Hall - Louisville, KY
Oct. 27 - Blondies - Detroit, MI
Oct. 29 - Reggie's - Chicago, IL
Oct. 30 - The Rave - Milwaukee, WI
Oct. 31 - Station 4 - St. Paul, MN
Nov. 01 - Royal Albert Arms - Winnipeg, MB
Nov. 02 - The Exchange - Regina, SK
Nov. 03 - The Republik - Calgary, AB
Nov. 04 - Pawn Shop - Edmonton, AB

:rocker:

JLRedWing13
06-01-2010, 07:30 PM
There's a MI date after all. I shall try to go.

Sinfulsot
06-03-2010, 03:32 AM
When Pollstar dropped the Palladium date in my inbox, i was very psyched. Partially, because I don't have to plan an expedition into Philly.

gilpdawg
06-03-2010, 03:59 AM
By the looks of the two dates shown on Ticketmaster the tour is getting announced this week.

I noticed The KY dates has the band Entropy (which is funny because I know it's not the Wisconsin band, Entropy that I've played shows with) and the Chicago show is Warbringer, Mutiny Within and Hatesphere.
The KY show also has Warbringer and the others. I *think* that Entropy is a local. I'm not that local to there, so I'm not sure.

moobys37
06-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Oh and for the two people that probably care, the guy who won the metalsucks contest is singing at the Pittsburgh show.

Sinfulsot
07-01-2010, 09:36 AM
:rocker:

It's looking like this is not going to happen.

here is the thread at the Nevermore forum on Ultimate Metal (http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/nevermore/604705-they-playing-worcester-not.html)

:bouville::angry::wallbang::foaming: :soapbox::censored: :wallbang::angry::bouville:

evildeadjedi
07-01-2010, 10:33 AM
I wish Cleveland was not on a Saturday night. Oh well, this is now a top priority for a future show.

Akumu
07-01-2010, 02:23 PM
It's looking like this is not going to happen.

here is the thread at the Nevermore forum on Ultimate Metal (http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/nevermore/604705-they-playing-worcester-not.html)

:bouville::angry::wallbang::foaming: :soapbox::censored: :wallbang::angry::bouville:

WTF. :flame:

There's another thread on there asking why the Vancouver show ~mysteriously disappeared~ the same way; WD replied that the promoter had dropped it because of "too many shows at the same time" or something. I hope that's not why Worcester got dropped, because afaik we're a pretty big market...

Chyck
07-01-2010, 05:15 PM

Wow... and I thought we were an immature bunch. I didn't make it very far down the thread.

To all of you that actually manage to get this tour... :bigfinger

Sinfulsot
07-02-2010, 03:55 AM
On some levels, i get it, because they'd be coming from West Springfield, VA the day before. then Philly on Sunday. then Manhat on Tues.

whoever does their booking obviously didn't look at a map.

So, now i have to contemplate if i want to plan an odyssey into philly.

Akumu
07-02-2010, 01:02 PM
The 18th seems to be a free day... but that'd still be going from Philly to Worcester to NYC if they decided to fill that in, which I doubt will happen. Lamesauce.

Sinfulsot
07-04-2010, 05:03 AM
Make that a second helping of lamesauce.

Chyck
07-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Continuing with the Massachusetts debate - I heard from a friend that the Nevermore tour is part of Rock n' Shock this year. So they probably ARE coming, but we might not get a full set.

JuuKun
07-21-2010, 06:39 PM
http://rockandshock.com/ has a slideshow of what I imagine is stuff confirmed for this year. GWAR, Nevermore, and Suffocation are on it. No mention of if they're all playing the same date - but if they're playing with Suffo and/or GWAR, I won't complain about NM not headlining. I was upset about God Dethroned having a shorter set last year, but it was made better by them playing with Saint Vitus, Misfits, and Type O Negative (even if I left before the latter two bands played).

So, Worcester gets Nevermore after all, I'd imagine.

Sinfulsot
07-22-2010, 06:09 AM
Nice. And i'd like to see Gwar again. they were fun!

With any luck, i'll be seeing Nevermore in Manhat and Philly. Let the envy and other hating commence. :D

mastodon421
07-22-2010, 11:05 AM
http://rockandshock.com/ has a slideshow of what I imagine is stuff confirmed for this year. GWAR, Nevermore, and Suffocation are on it. No mention of if they're all playing the same date - but if they're playing with Suffo and/or GWAR, I won't complain about NM not headlining. I was upset about God Dethroned having a shorter set last year, but it was made better by them playing with Saint Vitus, Misfits, and Type O Negative (even if I left before the latter two bands played).

So, Worcester gets Nevermore after all, I'd imagine.

If GWAR and Suffocation are there on the same night:drool: Not really to into Nevermore but they would be cool to see.

Chyck
07-22-2010, 03:07 PM
If GWAR and Suffocation are there on the same night:drool: Not really to into Nevermore but they would be cool to see.

I just hope GWAR is at the end of whatever night this happens. I wouldn't look forward to wandering around covered in fake blood all night.

... Wait... this is Rock n' Shock... some of us might show up like that anyway

mastodon421
07-22-2010, 06:08 PM
I just hope GWAR is at the end of whatever night this happens. I wouldn't look forward to wandering around covered in fake blood all night.

... Wait... this is Rock n' Shock... some of us might show up like that anyway

GWAR most likely will headline whatever night they play. Rock and Shock is 3 nights however and since it seems the fucking Insane Clown Posse headlines the last night every year I would assume GWAR headlines the first night and Nevermore headlines the second night.

moobys37
09-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Mutiny Within dropped of and got replaced by a band we've never seen before....

Blackguard :bouville:

MPF
09-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Mutiny within is holding Youtube auditions now for Images and Lethean.

I'll be putting up my auditions hopefully tomorrow.

MPF
10-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Just read this on Facebook from the promoter of the Minnesota show:

ABIGAIL WILLIAMS has been added to the Nevermore show on 10/31 @ Station 4! (Corner of Sibley & 4th Street in downtown St. Paul) Doors @ 6:00pm

Not a bad choice actually.