Living Dead Girl
House Of 1000 Corpses/Drum solo
Demonoid Phenomenon
Never Gonna Stop (The Red, Red Kroovy)
Thunder Kiss '65/John 5 solo
Encore:
Werewolf Women of the SS
Dragula

Alice Cooper great as always if you ever get a chance to see Alice Cooper live dont hesitate go you will be glade that you did Alice is a master at live shows/theatrics. Only Women Bleed,I never Cry,Ballad of Dwight Fry,Billion Dollar Babies and Poison were my favorite songs of the night. I wonder if Alice would do Brutal Planet or Somewhere in the jungle he likes to throw in one or two obscure songs in his shows.

I cant say the same for Rob Zombie I was expecting alot better from him. I dont think Zombie is the greatest artist in the world but he should able to put on a good live show and I dont think he did. His songs are fine there was just something missing from Rob Zombie that I have seen in alot of other bands live shows.

Indestructible
05-22-2010, 09:30 PM
The show was May 22nd can someone edit the thread title.

HackedUpForBBQ
05-23-2010, 08:48 AM
I was at this show and it was fucking amazing, I thought Zombie kicked ass last night! He also played Sick Bubblegum

PlaysWithKnives
05-23-2010, 11:07 AM
I was also at the show. My main reason for going was Alice Cooper. He was fantastic as ever. Rob Zombie was very good also. A couple more White zombie songs would have been cool though. Cooper and Zombie compliment each other well. Cooper as a master at the theatrics and Zombie using his movie making talents live. 10 foot dancing monsters seem to keep my attention span :D It was an enjoyable night for me. Maybe Indestructible is hard to please or he really doesnt like Zombie.

Other than Artpark being smack in the middle of a residential neighborhood and having strange parking, it works well as a place for this type of show. The biggest act that would normally play there is the tragically hip or Kansas. It would be the perfect place for Alice In Chains.

TonyD
05-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Other than Artpark being smack in the middle of a residential neighborhood and having strange parking, it works well as a place for this type of show. The biggest act that would normally play there is the tragically hip or Kansas. It would be the perfect place for Alice In Chains.

That's really weird :eyes:
Zombie hasn't really changed his set since the last tour, or lately at all. It will probably stay the same for Mayhem, which is one more mark in the "reasons not to go" column.

Indestructible
05-23-2010, 02:42 PM
\Who edited the thread and made it say Rob Zombie. Its Alice Cooper and Rob Zombie.

mankvill
05-23-2010, 03:10 PM
\Who edited the thread and made it say Rob Zombie. Its Alice Cooper and Rob Zombie.

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=7278

We generally only put the headliner in the title. Support bands are shit out of luck. :fingers:

:thelaw:

Indestructible
05-23-2010, 03:18 PM
We generally only put the headliner in the title. Support bands are shit out of luck.

But Alice Cooper is amazing and a master of live shows and should of headlined. Alice deserved a mention in the thread title

mankvill
05-23-2010, 03:22 PM
But Alice Cooper is amazing and a master of live shows and should of headlined. Alice deserved a mention in the thread title

:thelaw: too bad

Dissimulate
05-23-2010, 03:56 PM
FWIW this is a coheadlining tour.

mankvill
05-23-2010, 03:58 PM
FWIW this is a coheadlining tour.

:thelaw: !!!

TonyD
05-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Can't you put "The Grusome Twosome Tour"?

mankvill
05-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Can't you put "The Grusome Twosome Tour"?

Would also be acceptable.

PlaysWithKnives
05-23-2010, 06:12 PM
How about we get over it :D

Travis The Dragon
05-23-2010, 06:31 PM
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=7278
We generally only put the headliner in the title. Support bands are shit out of luck.

:thelaw:

Actually, they're co-headlining. And in other threads with their setlist, the title is called the name of the tour:
http://www.metalsetlists.com/search.php?searchid=785926

mankvill
05-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Actually, they're co-headlining. And in other threads with their setlist, the title is called the name of the tour:
http://www.metalsetlists.com/search.php?searchid=785926

see above posts

Travis The Dragon
05-23-2010, 06:34 PM
see above posts

Ya, by the time I posted this, I then noticed those. It's all good. :)

Sanitarium78
05-24-2010, 06:14 AM
It doesn't really matter who's in the thread title because if someone goes searching for Alice Cooper sets on here this will still show up on the search because it's in the thread. Now because of my fucked up schedule recently at work i'm a little late with my review, so here it is:

First of all there needs to be a metal law passed that unless your bands name is Metallica or Iron Maiden you are not allowed to go on stage after Alice Cooper because you just won't messure up to what he can do. Alice was awesome as always and he continues to show at age 62 how it's suppose to be done live. I'm not just talking about theatrics i'm talking about song performances as well. Alice gives you something special each time and you get a different show every tour. But most importantly you always get the feeling that Alice wants to be there and he and his band love each and every perfromance. The reason I say this will be evident in my review of Zombie coming up shortly but back to the master and his show. The one thing I always love about Alice's set is the deep cuts he does to please the die hard fans like myself. He did several songs that I haven't heard him do before: Wicked Young Man, Go To Hell, Guilty, From The Inside, Nurse Rozetta, I Never Cry and Vengeance Is Mine. Those were the highlights of the night for me personally along with Cold Ethly, Ballad Of Dwight Fry and Only Women Bleed. Yes, the big hits are always cool as well and do make to whole crowd happy. But he always has a well rounded set to please whatever kind of Cooper fan you might be. I could go on and on praising him but I do that enough around here already:D

To be honest i'm in a simular place as Indestructible is when it comes to Zombie's performance. The show was OK but I didn't feel it was anything that special. When I saw him with Ozzy in 2001 his show was 100 times better and he put Ozzy to shame. I got the impression from Zombie and his bandmates on this night that they were just going through the motions and would rather be anywhere else but playing. Also, Zombie's been performing live for how long now? Can he please learn how the fuck to sing complete lines and not miss so many words? That dragged down the perfomance as well. Also they've got 75 mins to play and ten of that was wasted talking to the audience. I don't mind a "hey how's everyone doing tonight?" but after that get to the music. I didn't pay to hear you say stupid ass concert cliches like "is everyone here for a rock and roll party" and is "everyone havin a good time." Just shut the fuck up and play. His set was pretty much a greatest hits and the only real highlight for me was Demonoid Phenomenon and even Rob fucked that one up. Instead of signing the chours the first time he found it more important to go and chat with his guitar player in stead. Nice one Rob, way to fuck up your best song when you play it.

Overall Cooper was great and I will remember his peformance for a long time. Zombie was just so-so as far as i'm conserned and his peformance won't be remembered as fondly for me unfrotunately. I will contiune to see Cooper when ever I get the chance and while i'm also a Zombie fan, i'll pass next time he comes around unless he's with someone I really wanna see.

300%_Density
05-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Was this arguement really worth 2 pages?

Indestructible
05-24-2010, 01:17 PM
I lost intrest half way threw zombies set. I tried to get into but I just said fuck it and stood there til it was over.
I tried getting into it but when i did he would say something stupid to the crowd or play something from the new album or waste five minutes with a movie clip. The best songs from zombie of the night were More Human than Human and Demonoid Phenominon but even those songs didnt sound that good and those two songs were the zombie songs I was most looking forward to.

Indestructible
05-24-2010, 01:44 PM
When I first heard that zombie was headlining over cooper i didnt mind because I knew cooper would be fine and I thought zombie would be the same as alice but thats not how it was when rob zombie played. There was just nothing to his live show. Maybe its because Zombie went on after alice cooper. Alice cooper did so well and zombie couldnt live up to it.

powerslave_85
05-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Was this arguement really worth 2 pages?
It wouldn't be if you made your settings to show 30 posts per page like everyone else.

Anyways, this was at Artpark??! I used to live right near there (in Youngstown, actually) and my mom worked for them for a little while.

Sanitarium78
05-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Anyways, this was at Artpark??! I used to live right near there (in Youngstown, actually) and my mom worked for them for a little while.

Yeah in all my years of going to shows around here this was my first time at the venue. It's a cool place, just the parking situation there sucks. The lot was full when we got there and we got re-directed to some abandoned lot about a mile from the venue with a bunch of other people. We had to haul ass and we made it in just as Cooper was taking the stage. I've never been at a venue where that's happened before and it really pissed me off. Serioulsy though they really need to make the parking lot capacity equal to the venue capacity. I guess that's the problem you run into when they build a venue so far out of the way in a remote residential area. At least I know for next time though.

Indestructible
05-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Yeah in all my years of going to shows around here this was my first time at the venue. It's a cool place, just the parking situation there sucks. The lot was full when we got there and we got re-directed to some abandoned lot about a mile from the venue with a bunch of other people. We had to haul ass and we made it in just as Cooper was taking the stage. I've never been at a venue where that's happened before and it really pissed me off. Serioulsy though they really need to make the parking lot capacity equal to the venue capacity. I guess that's the problem you run into when they build a venue so far out of the way in a remote residential area. At least I know for next time though.

Happened to me to. I didnt mind the mile walk. That was the first time i have been to a show where the band started just has i walked in. Most shows im there before the first opener comes on.