PDA

View Full Version : US Sodom shows cancelled???

christopher
05-19-2010, 05:02 PM
I just got an update on Facebook that the event Sodom at HOB Sunset was canceled. I investigated to find out on the HOB's website that the show is in fact canceled.:mad: Is there any reason why? Looks like I'm going to see Goatwhore that night instead

Wizzbang11
05-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Hopefully Angelripper didn't die and they held off announcing it until this whole Dio thing blows over.

I'd be sooooo fucking pissed if I had tickets...

JuuKun
05-19-2010, 05:54 PM
No reason known yet, but yes, their US dates are canceled. NYC, LA, and MDF.

Post on the MDF board:

We just found out that it is true after reading internet rumors and noticing that other US dates have been cancelled as well, so we contacted their representative. We still don't know exactly how to word the reason for the cancellation, and we're trying to get to the bottom of it. This is truly the LAST possible thing we'd like to deal with ONE WEEK before the festival, but rather than dwell on it, we have over 60 other bands to welcome to MDF next weekend, and that's where our main focus needs to be. An official statement will be announced as soon as we know what can be stated.

IrritatedTrout
05-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Shit, I'm glad I decided not to go to MDF this year. Sure there are other great bands but Sodom would've been who I wanted to see the most.

idrinkwine732
05-19-2010, 07:00 PM
That sounds serious...

rjturtle9
05-19-2010, 09:36 PM
They couldn't get their visa according to the promoter at HOB.

bt11763
05-19-2010, 09:52 PM
They couldn't get their visa according to the promoter at HOB.

yeah that's what one of the opening bands from the NYC show said too. i wonder if that means they have to scrap deathfest too.

GameFreac
05-19-2010, 10:28 PM
i wonder if that means they have to scrap deathfest too.

Read a few posts up...

bt11763
05-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Read a few posts up...

ah shit thank you for pointing that out haha. well, at least i didn't get tickets for Saturday too or else i would have been extremely pissed. definitely sucks though.

ravenheart
05-20-2010, 05:22 AM
""Due to solid problems with our local tour promoter and getting our Visa in time, we are forced to cancel the upcoming shows. We already had our suitcases packed and were ready to go. We are awfully sorry to take these steps, but everybody acquainted with the entering provisions of the USA knows what we're talking about. We are deeply disappointed by this situation, but in the end there's the awareness, that not everything is done to our entire satisfaction. We are "only" the musicians, who would have loved to rock the USA again. We owe this to our fans, even more because we made ourselves scarce in the US since the foundation of this band, of course through no fault of our own. The one who botched this up will have to be confronted with the local organizers and club owners and account for his faults. We surely will catch up on these shows as soon as possible, which we especially owe to our fans. In the end, this set of problems redounds upon us, because we're in the front line and have to be answerable to our fans. I hope we didn't lose too many fans due to this mess, but all people who know us are aware of the fact, that we would do anything for our fans. The risk of being forbidden to enter the USA for 10 years or even getting arrested is too high. We hope for your understanding and keep you informed about the latest facts."

Natrlhi
05-20-2010, 05:31 AM
""Due to solid problems with our local tour promoter and getting our Visa in time, we are forced to cancel the upcoming shows. We already had our suitcases packed and were ready to go. We are awfully sorry to take these steps, but everybody acquainted with the entering provisions of the USA knows what we're talking about. We are deeply disappointed by this situation, but in the end there's the awareness, that not everything is done to our entire satisfaction. We are "only" the musicians, who would have loved to rock the USA again. We owe this to our fans, even more because we made ourselves scarce in the US since the foundation of this band, of course through no fault of our own. The one who botched this up will have to be confronted with the local organizers and club owners and account for his faults. We surely will catch up on these shows as soon as possible, which we especially owe to our fans. In the end, this set of problems redounds upon us, because we're in the front line and have to be answerable to our fans. I hope we didn't lose too many fans due to this mess, but all people who know us are aware of the fact, that we would do anything for our fans. The risk of being forbidden to enter the USA for 10 years or even getting arrested is too high. We hope for your understanding and keep you informed about the latest facts."
Thank you, terrorists.

Thank you, over-reacting security personnel. No nobody can get into our country without a complete fucking hassle anymore. Well done. I feel so much safer now. :rolleyes:

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-20-2010, 05:54 AM
Sigh. Well, saves me the cash I guess. Would have loved to see Sodom though. I hope they don't come during the school year, that would be no fun at all :snivel:.

b_halperin
05-20-2010, 06:24 AM
I just got an update on Facebook that the event Sodom at HOB Sunset was canceled. I investigated to find out on the HOB's website that the show is in fact canceled.:mad: Is there any reason why? Looks like I'm going to see Goatwhore that night instead

i was planning to go to goatwhore originally, just because of the money, but my douchebag parents aren't letting me go even when i have the full day after off school and then only half day on friday... so pissed off! goatwhore is one of my favorite bands and ill try to see them whenever they play nearby

makethemsuffer12
05-20-2010, 10:55 AM
I'm actually kind of happy in a way. I wasn't going to go to this, but I would've felt a little guilty. But now I don't have to worry about that :D

idrinkwine732
05-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Hopefully they come back with a real tour...

Crionics
05-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Hopefully they come back with a real tour...

This

jhdeity
05-21-2010, 08:42 AM
There goes the #1 reason to go to Sat night of the Deathfest. Fukkin SUCKS!

ravenheart
05-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Cancelled you say?

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13496