PDA

View Full Version : Cynic Re-Traced/Re-Focused Tour

DethMaiden
05-19-2010, 08:36 AM
This is the Hall of Fame Tour after all, support from Intronaut and Dysrythmia. Source: http://decibelmagazine.com/Content.aspx?ncid=371378

RE-TRACED / RE-FOCUSED TOUR DATES:
Thu/Jul-22 - - Los Angeles CA - El Rey Theatre
Fri/Jul-23 - - San Francisco CA - Slim's
Sat/Jul-24 - - Portland OR - Hawthorne
Mon/Jul-26 - - Vancouver BC - Commodore
Wed/Jul-28 - - Denver CO - Marquis
Fri/Jul-30 - - Minneapolis MN - Station 4
Sat/Jul-31 - - Chicago IL - Bottom Lounge
Sun/Aug-01 - - Detroit MI - Magic Stick
Mon/Aug-02 - - Toronto ON - Opera House
Wed/Aug-04 - - Montreal QC - Café Campus
Thu/Aug-05 - - Boston MA - Harpers Ferry
Fri/Aug-06 - - New York NY - Irving Plaza
Sat/Aug-07 - - Philadelphia PA - Trocadero
Sun/Aug-08 - - Washington DC - The Rock and Roll Hotel
Mon/Aug-09 - - Carrboro NC - Cat's Cradle
Tue/Aug-10 - - Atlanta GA - Masquerade
Thu/Aug-12 - - Orlando FL - The Social
Fri/Aug-13 - - Ft Lauderdale FL - Culture Room

Disappointing. No Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky dates, and they aren't bringing Hall of Fame bands out with them. Skiiiiiiiiip.

Natrlhi
05-19-2010, 08:42 AM
Disappointing. No Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky dates, and they aren't bringing Hall of Fame bands out with them. Skiiiiiiiiip.

No, dude. Go to the Detroit show. The Magic Stick is a fucking awesome venue. I've been wanting to go back there ever since I saw Baroness / Earthless / U.S. Christmas there last November. It's a bowling alley with a pool hall / live concert venue above it. What could be cooler than that?!? ;)

EDIT: Plus, IntrOnaut is WAY fucking awesome live, and they'll be playing their new material by then. :drool:

DethMaiden
05-19-2010, 08:46 AM
Three hour drive plus I have to go to God's Asshole aka Detroit to see Cynic when I've already seen them twice? I don't even like Focus as much as Traced in Air, and I've seen everything from Traced in Air. :lol:

Natrlhi
05-19-2010, 08:47 AM
But you would have driven a half hour less to see this in Cleveland?

DethMaiden
05-19-2010, 08:56 AM
But you would have driven a half hour less to see this in Cleveland?

A half hour longer, actually. I guess I just prefer going to Cleveland than going to Detroit...it's not logic I'm using here. :lol: I've just got my eye on too many shows this summer and I can't afford them all, basically. This doesn't make the cut.

Natrlhi
05-19-2010, 09:00 AM
I guess I just prefer going to Cleveland than going to DetroitWell, that part I can understand. :D

Seriously, though - if not this tour, then some time you need to check out IntrOnaut...especially live. They are wicked good. If you've not checked them out at all yet, I suggest their 2008 release "Prehistoricisms". It was in my top five that year. So good. :drool:

MPF
05-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Fri/Jul-30 - - Minneapolis MN - Station 4

I don't give a fuck what's going on I'll be there. I actually have a show at The Terminal the night before, so gas might be an issue but I gotta see Cynic live.

Natrlhi
05-19-2010, 09:54 AM
Sun/Aug-01 - - Detroit MI - Magic StickI was just sitting here at work eating my salad and some stuffed pepper soup, noodling on how cool this show might gonna be, and then it hit me. This is two days before Primus, who I've loved forever and never seen. It's a hard enough sell to my wife as it is, what with the new baby we're gonna have around the house and all, and then to make matters worse, the following weekend is Gagapalooza in Chicago, and I'm pretty sure we're going to that. It's going to be a big music weekend, and it'll cost us a bundle. My chances of seeing this Cynic tour just dropped fucking considerably. That is so fucking uncool. :(

Natrlhi
05-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Saturday July 31, 2010 - Cynic, IntrOnaut and Dysrhythmia at Bottom Lounge

Friday, August 6 thru Sunday, August 8, 2010 - Gagapalooza at Grant Park

Saturday, August 13, 2010 - Crystal Castles with Rusko, Sinden and Destructo at the Congress Theater

Holy fuck I wish I lived near Chicago again (if only for a month or so near the end of this summer)... :snivel:

mankvill
05-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Saturday, August 13, 2010 - Crystal Castles with Rusko, Sinden and Destructo at the Congress Theater

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/6762/310niggaplease.jpg

Uncle_Meat1940
05-19-2010, 10:18 AM
hahahahahahahahaha

idrinkwine732
05-19-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm there.

Day before Tidal Wave...:metal:

TonyD
05-19-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm there.

Day before Tidal Wave...:metal:

Shit yeah.

JuuKun
05-19-2010, 05:16 PM
While I'm definitely underwhelmed at the support, I'll probably be at the MA date. I don't think there's a show at Comcast that night, so I shouldn't have to worry about having work. I've wanted to see Cynic for awhile, especially headlining. All of Focus is a plus.

I think we went the wrong way in thinking about this tour. I definitely expected it to be all Hall of Fame bands, but it also makes sense for it to be a yearly tour headlined by a HOF band, which it sounds like it'll be.

IrritatedTrout
05-19-2010, 07:18 PM
I may be at the NC date but yeah, support is disappointing.

TonyD
05-19-2010, 07:38 PM
I may be at the NC date but yeah, support is disappointing.

Maybe if you were expecting more "hall of fame" bands, but Intronaut is awesome.

moobys37
05-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Pretty disappointed at the routing of this tour. Closest date for me is about 5 hours away. Still, I feel bad for a lot of the south west who aren't getting any close dates outside of LA.

Natrlhi
05-19-2010, 08:45 PM
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/6762/310niggaplease.jpg

You like Daft Punk and STS9 but can't stand Crystal Castles? Nigga please. Crystal Castles are teh shit, and so are Sleigh Bells - another guy / girl electronic duo from Brooklyn. You wouldn't know good punk-edged electronica if it sneaked up behind you and took a chunk outta that ass. :rolleyes:

EDIT: That pic is funny, but you seriously don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Natrlhi
05-19-2010, 08:47 PM
While I'm definitely underwhelmed at the support...

...but yeah, support is disappointing.You two know not of which you speak. The Tony is correct - IntrOnaut will spank that ass. You'll see. :blaze::rocker::blaze:

mankvill
05-19-2010, 09:11 PM
You like Daft Punk and STS9 but can't stand Crystal Castles? Nigga please. Crystal Castles are teh shit, and so are Sleigh Bells - another guy / girl electronic duo from Brooklyn. You wouldn't know good punk-edged electronica if it sneaked up behind you and took a chunk outta that ass. :rolleyes:

EDIT: That pic is funny, but you seriously don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Crystal Castles is capitalizing on the chiptunes genre of music by being complete fucking hipsters so stupid assholes (not you, i mean stupid hipster assholes) buy into it without delving further. They are the Lamb of God of that genre.

Natrlhi
05-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Crystal Castles is capitalizing on the chiptunes genre of music by being complete fucking hipsters so stupid assholes (not you, i mean stupid hipster assholes) buy into it without delving further. They are the Lamb of God of that genre.:lol: You butthurt about something? How do you know this? Have you ever seen them live? Dude, that chick (1) is a natural-born entertainer, and (2) quite possibly has major issues, but one thing is clear: Crystal Castles is not simply a grab for hipster cash. It's wicked catchy music for people who know what sounds cool as fuck (that would be me :cool:). If that makes me a hipster, so be it, but I don't know too many hipsters who listen to as wide a range of shit as I do and have the sincere love for it that I do.

...and while we're throwing around the "h" word (well, you are, not me) - I forgot to bust your chops for the comment about Red Sparowes being hipster-ish because of the long song titles. They're long for a reason. One of these days I'll get around to posting in that thread to explain what I mean, but there is definitely a method to their (apparent) madness.

mankvill
05-19-2010, 09:36 PM
:lol: You butthurt about something? How do you know this? Have you ever seen them live? Dude, that chick (1) is a natural-born entertainer, and (2) quite possibly has major issues, but one thing is clear: Crystal Castles is not simply a grab for hipster cash. It's wicked catchy music for people who know what sounds cool as fuck (that would be me :cool:). If that makes me a hipster, so be it, but I don't know too many hipsters who listen to as wide a range of shit as I do and have the sincere love for it that I do.

...and while we're throwing around the "h" word (well, you are, not me) - I forgot to bust your chops for the comment about Red Sparowes being hipster-ish because of the long song titles. They're long for a reason. One of these days I'll get around to posting in that thread to explain what I mean, but there is definitely a method to their (apparent) madness.

I have several friends who are amateur chiptune composers and are heavily, heavily into the "scene" and they lay this shit on me every fucking time someone brings up Crystal Castles.

Natrlhi
05-19-2010, 09:45 PM
I have several friends who are amateur chiptune composers and are heavily, heavily into the "scene" and they lay this shit on me every fucking time someone brings up Crystal Castles.:lol: Aha, the truth is revealed. It is not you who is butthurt - it is they. I could tell somebody was. It's simple...it's called jealousy. Understandable. Crystal Castles is blowing up right now, that's f'sho. Your friends will likely get their break...if they're good. That's what happened with CC...some of their shit leaked onto the Internet pretty much by accident - it was a demo called "Alice Practice"...next thing you know, they're melting faces at Lollapalooza. Go figure. I love 'em, though. The shit is addicting as fuck to me.

mankvill
05-19-2010, 10:15 PM
:lol: Aha, the truth is revealed. It is not you who is butthurt - it is they. I could tell somebody was. It's simple...it's called jealousy. Understandable. Crystal Castles is blowing up right now, that's f'sho. Your friends will likely get their break...if they're good. That's what happened with CC...some of their shit leaked onto the Internet pretty much by accident - it was a demo called "Alice Practice"...next thing you know, they're melting faces at Lollapalooza. Go figure. I love 'em, though. The shit is addicting as fuck to me.

I think Justice is about as far up that ladder I'm willing to go.

IrritatedTrout
05-19-2010, 10:29 PM
You two know not of which you speak. The Tony is correct - IntrOnaut will spank that ass. You'll see. :blaze::rocker::blaze:

Saw em with Mastodon (actually at the same NC venue that Cynic is playing, a venue I almost never go to... weird :eyes:). Booooring.

TonyD
05-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Sorry I'm behind on teh internet debatez, just got back from watching Sherlock Holmes, not bad.
You two know not of which you speak. The Tony is correct - IntrOnaut will spank that ass. You'll see. :blaze::rocker::blaze:
:lol: I thought I was missing a capital letter in there somewhere
Crystal Castles is capitalizing on the chiptunes genre of music by being complete fucking hipsters so stupid assholes (not you, i mean stupid hipster assholes) buy into it without delving further. They are the Lamb of God of that genre.

Opeth is the Lamb of God of prog metal.
Saw em with Mastodon (actually at the same NC venue that Cynic is playing, a venue I almost never go to... weird :eyes:). Booooring.

Whatever :cool:
They aren't a band with stage antics or presence, but neither is Cynic, right?

IrritatedTrout
05-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Sorry I'm behind on teh internet debatez, just got back from watching Sherlock Holmes, not bad.

:lol: I thought I was missing a capital letter in there somewhere

Opeth is the Lamb of God of prog metal.

Whatever :cool:
They aren't a band with stage antics or presence, but neither is Cynic, right?

Nope, but Cynic play good music.:tongue:

TonyD
05-19-2010, 11:18 PM
Nope, but Cynic play good music.:tongue:

GO SEE JETHRO TULL

IrritatedTrout
05-19-2010, 11:31 PM
OH I WILL, RESPECT THE FLUTE, SON.

Natrlhi
05-20-2010, 06:26 AM
Saw em with Mastodon (actually at the same NC venue that Cynic is playing, a venue I almost never go to... weird :eyes:). Booooring.Wow - I didn't expect this reply. Anybody I know who has seen them live was impressed. I guess they just really aren't your thing. Fair enough.

I don't know if I'd call them "boring", though. They're too unique and different to be painted with that brush, I think. They're talented, progressive and above all, HEAVY. Kind of like BTBAM, but without the shitty clean vocals and breakdowns that really don't fit the music. (easy, Brad - I'm just kidding)

DethMaiden
05-20-2010, 09:31 AM
Wow - I didn't expect this reply. Anybody I know who has seen them live was impressed. I guess they just really aren't your thing. Fair enough.

I don't know if I'd call them "boring", though. They're too unique and different to be painted with that brush, I think. They're talented, progressive and above all, HEAVY. Kind of like BTBAM, but without the shitty clean vocals and breakdowns that really don't fit the music. (easy, Brad - I'm just kidding)

You'd better be! :mad:

smearCampaign
05-21-2010, 12:26 PM
If I was moving to Austin later in the summer this could've been a great final show at the Magic Stick for me... by far my favorite venue in Detroit.

Natrlhi
05-21-2010, 01:12 PM
If I was moving to Austin later in the summer this could've been a great final show at the Magic Stick for me... by far my favorite venue in Detroit.:agree: Love love love that joint (even if it is in Detroit). ;)