PDA

View Full Version : Cynic/Intronaut tour?

mastodon421
05-18-2010, 07:34 AM
Cynic,Intronaut,Dysrhitmia are playing a show at Harpers Ferry in Alston,MA on August 5th. I have no no clure if this a full tour but I just thought I would share this with all of you.

b_halperin
05-18-2010, 07:37 AM
would love to see that if it becomes a tour. Never seen Cynic. From what I've heard you either love or hate their live show..

mastodon421
05-18-2010, 07:47 AM
would love to see that if it becomes a tour. Never seen Cynic. From what I've heard you either love or hate their live show..

For sure I saw them in January. I am not really into Cynic but I am sure if you love them their live show is fantastic.

TonyD
05-18-2010, 08:20 AM
This would suit my interests. The Focus/Hall of Fame tour is supposed to be in July-August so this would be about right.

Natrlhi
05-18-2010, 09:16 AM
This would be an interesting tour. I have all of Cynic's and IntrOnaut's stuff. Dysrhythmia is OK. They are an instrumental math metal band whose latest release was a little underwhelming, but they're not terrible. They do fit well enough with the odd time signatures of IntrOnaut and the progginess of Cynic. Barring schedule conflicts with other awesome stuff in August, I would probably haul my ass out to see something like this.

I'd really be happier if IntrOnaut was headlining, though. I've already seen them do a supporting set for Kylesa and Mastodon last year, and I just couldn't get enough. These guys will melt your face live - they are really fucking good.

P.S. - Cynic is good live if you already like them. They don't do much on stage, but it is really rather about being there live as the actual music is being created in your presence. It's probably just as well to stand there with your eyes closed and just drink it all in (which is what I did about a year and a half ago, and it was great). If you're looking for stage antics, though, Cynic will not meet your expectations.

mankvill
05-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Mmmm, Cynic + Intronaut. Would be sex.

ChildrenofSodom
05-18-2010, 12:37 PM
This show would be AWESOME! I hope they do tour, and come somewhere that isn't Cleveland.

MPF
05-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Please let a US tour happen and it let it come to Minnesota!

Natrlhi
05-18-2010, 12:55 PM
This show would be AWESOME! I hope they do tour, and come somewhere that isn't Cleveland.:mad:

JuuKun
05-18-2010, 01:01 PM
:party: Went to my first Harpers Ferry show the other night. Not a bad place. Should be cool to see Cynic play there.

If this is that Hall of Fame tour, though, I'm completely underwhelmed at the support. But it'll still be cool to hear all of Focus.

Natrlhi
05-18-2010, 01:08 PM
If this is that Hall of Fame tour, though, I'm completely underwhelmed at the support. But it'll still be cool to hear all of Focus.
Oh, snap! I forgot about that.

Hell yeah...if this does prove to be the Hall of Fame thing, then I take back what I said about wishing IntrOnaut were the headliner (but ONLY if that's the case ;)).

bt11763
05-18-2010, 09:57 PM
This would suit my interests. The Focus/Hall of Fame tour is supposed to be in July-August so this would be about right.

what's going on with that anyway?

TonyD
05-18-2010, 10:44 PM
No news, but this could be the first tip.

DigMySpanky
05-19-2010, 09:20 AM
I'll be at the Harper's Show. Just a week ago my friend and I were talking about how Cynic fell off hard after the Meshuggah tour. Even then, they were only great to watch because of How Could I added to the other two Focus songs. Then they toured with shit bands (BTBAM, Dragon Farce) and even played shows without so much as a Veil... in the set.

Now, low and behold they're not only headlining, but playing Focus front to back. :shred: SCHWING!