PDA

View Full Version : Dio Tribute on my Radio Show tonight!

Maiden33
05-17-2010, 11:06 AM
For anyone who is interested, I will be doing a Dio Tribute Show on my radio show tonight, featuring at least a good hour of Dio's music. We broadcast from 6-9pm EST. http://www.wpapu.com

ravenheart
05-17-2010, 11:14 AM
By my calculations that's three hours of available Dio airtime, right there.

evildeadjedi
05-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Granted, since you do a Prog rock station I can understand why the full 3 hrs is not dedicated to DIO.

SomewhereInTime72
05-17-2010, 01:29 PM
We broadcast from 6-9pm EST.

The exact hours I have to be at work tonight. :D :lol:

really though I'm more bothered that I'll be missing the season finale of House :eyes:

Maiden33
05-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Yes, if it were up to me I'd be doing a complete show of Dio material, but unfortunately I have a co-host, who is an apprehensive asshole about me taking up air-time with stuff.

ravenheart
05-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Yes, if it were up to me I'd be doing a complete show of Dio material, but unfortunately I have a co-host, who is an apprehensive asshole about me taking up air-time with stuff.

Ordinarily, I would be too ;) But not in this instance. Kick his ass and play three hours of Dio, damnit.

Maiden33
05-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Ordinarily, I would be too ;) But not in this instance. Kick his ass and play three hours of Dio, damnit.

I'll be doing over an hour of stuff (16 songs total I think), that'll have to do. Are you gonna tune in?

evildeadjedi
05-17-2010, 02:27 PM

Hell yea lock yourself in the booth and play nothing but Dio music all three hours!:rocker::rocker::rocker: Take back the airways!!!

Maiden33
05-17-2010, 02:29 PM
Hell yea lock yourself in the booth and play nothing but Dio music all three hours!:rocker::rocker::rocker: Take back the airways!!!

We broadcast from his apartment. :eyes:

evildeadjedi
05-17-2010, 02:30 PM
We broadcast from his apartment. :eyes:

Well scratch that then, I'll be listening though. :)

Maiden33
05-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Well scratch that then, I'll be listening though. :)

Cool. I don't really know what music you really love, but the style of our show is gonna be kinda distorted tonight, because I'll be eating up pretty much all of my personal playing time with the Dio material - so the traditional/power and even progressive metal side of our program will be nothing but that. So basically it's gonna be like half-RJD material and half prog rock.

evildeadjedi
05-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Cool. I don't really know what music you really love, but the style of our show is gonna be kinda distorted tonight, because I'll be eating up pretty much all of my personal playing time with the Dio material - so the traditional/power and even progressive metal side of our program will be nothing but that. So basically it's gonna be like half-RJD material and half prog rock.

I like Prog rock like Rush, Yes, Pink Floyd, and Genesis.

Power Metal like Iron Maiden, Iced Earth, Running Wild, Blind Guardian, Demons and Wizards, Hammerfall, etc.

Prog metal like Into Eternity, Savatage, Dream Theater, Opeth, Sonata Arctica,etc

ravenheart
05-17-2010, 03:26 PM
I'll be doing over an hour of stuff (16 songs total I think), that'll have to do. Are you gonna tune in?

Tuned in just in time for 'I' :D

Bed soon, though.

evildeadjedi
05-17-2010, 03:58 PM
All right Caught in the Middle, Don't Talk to Strangers, All The Fools Sail Away, This is Your Life (he sounds a little like Freddie Mercury in that one, hell it even sounds like a Queen song too), and One More For The Road!

The Primal Fear cover of "Die Young" is pretty bad ass, along with the Iron Saviour one of "Neon Knights", The Gamma Ray one of "Long Live Rock n Roll", and Jag Panzer doing "Children of the Sea", noticing most of these are from the Holy Dio Tribute album.

"Stargazer" is such an awesome song! Was that Queensryche and Dio? "Sacred Heart" hell yea that's a great track!

I think you guys did a good job. :party:

Maiden33
05-17-2010, 05:10 PM
So, all in all - we played the following selections:

Dio - We Rock (opened the show)
Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell
Black Sabbath - Falling Off the Edge of the World
Black Sabbath - I
Black Sabbath - Shadow of the Wind (live)
Dio - Caught in the Middle
Dio - Don't Talk to Strangers
Dio - All the Fools Sailed Away
Dio - This is Your Life
Dio - One More For the Road
Primal Fear - Die Young (Black Sabbath)
Jorn - Lonely is the Word / Letters From Earth / Children of the Sea (Black Sabbath)
Iron Savior - Neon Knights (Black Sabbath)
Gamma Ray - Long Live Rock N Roll (Rainbow)
Jag Panzer - Children of the Sea (Black Sabbath)
Rainbow - Stargazer
Queensryche - The Chase
Dio - Sacred Heart

PowerMaiden
05-17-2010, 05:16 PM
:horns:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

The Green and Black
05-17-2010, 05:44 PM
So, all in all - we played the following selections:

Dio - We Rock (opened the show)
Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell
Black Sabbath - Falling Off the Edge of the World
Black Sabbath - I
Black Sabbath - Shadow of the Wind (live)
Dio - Caught in the Middle
Dio - Don't Talk to Strangers
Dio - All the Fools Sailed Away
Dio - This is Your Life
Dio - One More For the Road
Primal Fear - Die Young (Black Sabbath)
Jorn - Lonely is the Word / Letters From Earth / Children of the Sea (Black Sabbath)
Iron Savior - Neon Knights (Black Sabbath)
Gamma Ray - Long Live Rock N Roll (Rainbow)
Jag Panzer - Children of the Sea (Black Sabbath)
Rainbow - Stargazer
Queensryche - The Chase
Dio - Sacred Heart

Sorry I missed this! I got home late. Your co-host should give you more air time since you clearly have better taste. ;)