PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. DIO

MPF
05-15-2010, 10:12 PM
The worst news of 2010 has happened. Full details to come soon.

I hope Dio will slay the dragons up in Heaven.

You will be severely missed!!!

maidenpriest
05-15-2010, 10:15 PM
uh where did you hear this?

SomewhereInTime72
05-15-2010, 10:16 PM
SHUT THE FUCK UP NO THAT IS NOT FUNNY

IrritatedTrout
05-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Can't find confirmation of this anywhere. What's your source?

maidenpriest
05-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Can't find confirmation of this anywhere. What's your source?

yeah thats what im wondering...

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-15-2010, 10:18 PM
News is hitting the internet about Dio passing. Sad news, he seemed like such a nice man. :bawling:

MPF
05-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Trust me guys. I wouldn't joke about this. I love Dio so fucking much. I'm in no way a troll.

It was on his site briefly before it was shut down. My guess is that they are going to have it down until all the details are final.

IrritatedTrout
05-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Are you sure about this? I can't find anything about this anywhere.

maidenpriest
05-15-2010, 10:19 PM
yeah says the website server crashed

IrritatedTrout
05-15-2010, 10:20 PM
I did notice that the official Dio site is down. Shit, I hope this isn't true.

MPF
05-15-2010, 10:20 PM
I told you I wasn't kidding...

FUUUUUUCK!!!

Uncle_Meat1940
05-15-2010, 10:21 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHY DOES CANCER TAKE AWAY EVERYONE I LOVE :mad:

MPF
05-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Like I said earlier. I'm not a trool, I never want Dio to die. He's one of the few musicans left that desevee to be immortal.

FUCK!!!!

MPF
05-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Guy on Sirius/XM just posted this on facebook. Looks like it's becoming more and more true:

Just got some info from trusted sources that Ronnie James Dio passed away tonight. RIP. Another legend gone :( - Mario.

SomewhereInTime72
05-15-2010, 10:25 PM
i don't doubt your non-trollness but with no legit source on any of this and just tons of rumor on the internet, i just suspect that this might just be one cruel troll that has pervaded internet rumors; also denial

Maiden33
Oh my god. Waiting on confirmation before I totally freak out, but I already am ready to have a heart attack.

mankvill
MetalInsider's twitter says it's confirmed. I know it's Twitter and all, but that's how I first heard of Peter Steele.

Uncle_Meat1940
05-15-2010, 10:28 PM
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK :bouville:

MPF
05-15-2010, 10:29 PM
GOD MOTHERFUCKING DAMN IT!!!!

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-15-2010, 10:30 PM
I got it from two sources: a executive @ Metal Blade Records & then in a text from a member of BLS. Sorry to say this is legit :(

idrinkwine732
05-15-2010, 10:30 PM
I can't believe this...

TonyD
05-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Oh no :(

SomewhereInTime72
05-15-2010, 10:31 PM
sounds dramatic but this being true definitely pushes this month into a series contender for worst month of my life :bouville: :eyes: :hecho:

mankvill
05-15-2010, 10:32 PM
I will say Peter Steele's death affected me more personally, but this is by far the biggest loss the metal community has suffered...ever. Bigger than Dimebag, bigger than Quorthon...this is honestly the biggest hit we've had since metal "began".

I had been looking to get into Dio's solo stuff for a really long time, but never started. God damn.

One of the greatest voices in rock history. RIP.

MPF
05-15-2010, 10:32 PM
It's now starting to pop up everywhere.

I know I'm just going through the inital shock right now, but this is going to take me a HELL of a LONG time before I ever get over this.

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-15-2010, 10:33 PM
I got 2 texts about it. One fron metal blade records employee & another from a member of BLS. Sorry to say this is true :(

Uncle_Meat1940
Me too, 'The Last in Line' was one of the first LPs I ever bought...

NecroRob
Damn...RIP

MPF
05-15-2010, 10:34 PM
I got 2 texts about it. One fron metal blade records employee & another from a member of BLS. Sorry to say this is true :(

Probably a wrong time to ask but which member of BLS? Not that I question your soruces. I just think it's cool you know someone in BLS.

Regardless...THIS FUCKING SUCKS!!!

idrinkwine732
05-15-2010, 10:37 PM
It's not outside of the question for all of these people to have the same source, and that source is wrong. But...

MPF
05-15-2010, 10:39 PM
It's not outside of the question for all of these people to have the same source, and that source is wrong. But...

Wishful thinking is only wishful.

idrinkwine732
05-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Wishful thinking is only wishful.

That's why I put the but in there...

MPF
05-15-2010, 10:48 PM
That's why I put the but in there...

I know.....

Sorry!

TonyD
05-15-2010, 10:53 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140115

:D

maidenpriest
05-15-2010, 10:53 PM
thank god...

MPF
05-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Contrary to published reports, legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) **has not** died after a six-month battle with stomach cancer.

After a flood of rumors started spreading via the Internet late Saturday that Dio had lost cancer fight, BLABBERMOUTH.NET reached out to Ronnie's wife/manager Wendy Dio, who sent back the following message at approximately 2:35 a.m. EST on Sunday, May 16:

"I am at the hospital and Ronnie has NOT passed away!!!! He is not doing
good, but he is not dead.

"I will let you know if anything changes.

"Thank you for your concern."

mankvill
05-15-2010, 10:56 PM
GOD DAMN

SomewhereInTime72
05-15-2010, 10:57 PM
hate to say I told you so but suck my dick

MPF
05-15-2010, 10:58 PM
GOD DAMN

I know I feel the same way. I swear I was on the verge of a heart attack.

Maiden33
Not funny. I am so fucking pissed off right now. I mean, obviously I am VERY happy he's not dead - that should go without saying. But whoever started this needs to die now - and a painful and horrible death. What just happened is not something I should ever have to go through twice, nor should anyone. This is fucking ridiculous, and the amount of uproar stirred up for no reason is very annoying.

IrritatedTrout
It's embarrassing but I was listening to Too Late and crying now I have I turned up full blast. The knife can't cut the hero down.:horns:

MPF
05-15-2010, 10:59 PM
hate to say I told you so but suck my dick

I don't remember you saying to suck your dick. Sorry man, my battle axe only swings one way...straight.

Hey I feel just as bad about it as you do. In fact worse because I was the first one to report on it here.

idrinkwine732
05-15-2010, 10:59 PM
I am sending an email to Sirius within the hour. This is fucking terrible.

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-15-2010, 11:00 PM
Liquid Metal host Mario is the one calling everyone- people are pissed!!!

SomewhereInTime72
05-15-2010, 11:01 PM
I don't remember you saying to suck your dick. Sorry man, my battle axe only swings one way...straight.

Hey I feel just as bad about it as you do. In fact worse because I was the first one to report on it here.

just a turn of phrase, my dick isn't in particular need of attention at the moment :eek:

edit: Apparently this was all started by someone editing wikipedia without a source. Yep.

MPF
05-15-2010, 11:04 PM
just a turn of phrase, my dick isn't in particular need of attention at the moment :eek:

edit: Apparently this was all started by someone editing wikipedia without a source. Yep.

Haha yeah I know. Just trying to crack a smile out of this horrible douchy experience.

Should have known....fucking Wikipedia.

Maiden33
05-15-2010, 11:05 PM
I don't know, I checked Wikipedia like 2 minutes after I saw it on here and it wasn't changed.

maidenpriest
05-15-2010, 11:08 PM
yeah i checked Wiki too once i saw this. it was exactly the same as it always had been. either way im pissed, stupid rumor starters

mankvill
05-15-2010, 11:12 PM

Your sources, once again, need to get their shit together. :lol:

mankvill
05-15-2010, 11:13 PM
yeah i checked Wiki too once i saw this. it was exactly the same as it always had been. either way im pissed, stupid rumor starters

I wiki'd "Dio" and it took me to the page listing all the pages with "Dio" as the title, and under people, it said "Ronnie James Dio (19XX - 2010)".

That's probably what did it.

MPF
05-15-2010, 11:18 PM

Looks like I have another good reason why I'm happy my subscription ended in February.

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-16-2010, 12:59 AM
Your sources, once again, need to get their shit together. :lol:

Only a moron would complain about my source being wrong about Dio being dead.

I'm glad they were wrong. Last time I checked Liquid Metal was a bit better source when compared to mankvill aka your Monday morning metalsetlists.com quarterback for lol when the info turns out to be wrong. Your contributions are the best bro!!!

Citatet
05-16-2010, 01:27 AM
Sometimes I really wonder what is fucking wrong with people. How could anybody remotely thinks itīs funny making this shit up.

Just imagine the stress Dios family is going through with Ronnie on chemo. And then you have to begin answer stupid ass questions from stupid ass reporters. I really donīt think that was what Dio OR Wendy wanted to deal with at this point.

I am really fucking upset about this shitty rumour. A true metalhead just wouldnīt do this to onw of the greatest ever. *Horns Up for Dio*

rjturtle9
05-16-2010, 01:49 AM
FUCK! I got a txt like 2 hours ago about Dio being dead and I seriously lost it. i was with friends and my GF and I started having tears run through my eyes. If this is a joke, it's really fucked up cuz I can't take this anymore. This is a really lame joke. Fuck im pissed off right now. I drank so much cuz of his supposed passing and now im finding out he's not dead. WTF! :mad: I'm glad he's not dead, but whoever started this rumor needs to be beaten. This is fucked up!

Crionics
05-16-2010, 04:40 AM
OMG THANK YOU SATAN! :party:

makethemsuffer12
05-16-2010, 04:40 AM
Well I guess it was a good thing I didn't go online at all last night. I would've been a wreck :lol:

Though Wendy said he isn't doing good... :bouville:

Crionics
05-16-2010, 04:42 AM
Imma hunt down whoever started this with ma Black Metal knife

ravenheart
05-16-2010, 04:56 AM
Posting in this thread too, in case anyone missed it in the others:

It's bullshit. He's not dead.

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-16-2010, 05:14 AM
I don't think it is a trick, hoax, or joke. I think it was a matter of miscommunication.

ravenheart
05-16-2010, 05:35 AM
I don't think it is a trick, hoax, or joke. I think it was a matter of miscommunication.

How do you miscommunicate "someone's dead" without lying? It's a pretty black/white statement to make. Very little ambiguity there.

If I were to be VERY generous, I might put it down to people's pathetic desperation to be the first on the internet to break the news and announcing it before it was confirmed one way or the other.

But I'm not.

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-16-2010, 05:41 AM
From what I understand Dio is in bad shape & was having a rough night & is on life support. As word travels everything gets twisted- then its on Liquid Metal as 4th hand account and its changed. Mario, the DJ, said it came from inside Dio's camp. Another poster on here said it was on his official website for a few minutes too. I can see how can happen.

ravenheart
05-16-2010, 06:01 AM
Sounds like excuses for people being stupid, to me.

Bad shape he may be, but at some point someone has said "he died" with no information. At some stage last night someone turned "he's on life support" to "he died", and that's wrong. No excuses.

Crionics
05-16-2010, 08:04 AM
The "He is not doing good" thing is scaring me though..

undergroundrage
05-16-2010, 08:14 AM
Hate to say it, but after reading that it sounds like everyone is just delaying the inevitable.

undergroundrage
05-16-2010, 08:19 AM
The "He is not doing good" thing is scaring me though..

as I said in the other topic. This is just delaying the inevitable. I fully expect to hear a real announcement by the end of the year. So don't everyone get too happy now.

daimonos
05-16-2010, 08:27 AM
as I said in the other topic. This is just delaying the inevitable. I fully expect to hear a real announcement by the end of the year. So don't everyone get too happy now.

You sir, are an asshole. Choke on a dick.

undergroundrage
05-16-2010, 08:29 AM
You sir, are an asshole. Choke on a dick.

I'm just being realistic now. He's on life support. As much as everyone would love to see him live forever, sadly his time is coming and it's coming soon.

b_halperin
05-16-2010, 08:52 AM
its just a rumor.

from ronnies wife: "I am at the hospital and Ronnie has NOT passed away," she wrote. "He is not doing good, but he is not dead."

source: http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/Music/2010/05/16/Ronnie-James-Dio-battling-stomach-cancer/UPI-86531274027770/

undergroundrage
05-16-2010, 08:54 AM
its just a rumor.

from ronnies wife: "I am at the hospital and Ronnie has NOT passed away," she wrote. "He is not doing good, but he is not dead."

source: http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/Music/2010/05/16/Ronnie-James-Dio-battling-stomach-cancer/UPI-86531274027770/

Yeah, this topic should be closed. We already have another topic correcting this...

makethemsuffer12
05-16-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm just being realistic now. He's on life support. As much as everyone would love to see him live forever, sadly his time is coming and it's coming soon.

http://67.18.219.83/image_hosting/web_pages/godofwine77/Co-Signs/Debbie_Downer.jpg

evildeadjedi
05-16-2010, 09:42 AM
^Oh okay then how about this it's all been a farce, Dio is fine and starting a 4 month World Tour in two weeks with two stops on Ozzfest. :tp:

ravenheart
05-16-2010, 10:00 AM
^Oh okay then how about this it's all been a farce, Dio is fine and starting a 4 month World Tour in two weeks with two stops on Ozzfest. :tp:

I heard three stops...

Sanitarium78
05-16-2010, 10:27 AM
I'm just being realistic now.

I agree with you being realistic. No one should give you shit for it at all. My mom passed from cancer when I was 20. So, I know the downside of this all to well. Unfortunately being realistic doesn't always go with what we really want to have happen. If he is on life support we should be hearing something from Wendy at some point I would think. This is the first i've heard of that rumor at all. After the fiasco that happened last night, i'm not putting much stock in the life support story until we hear something from Wendy or someone who's close to Ronnie can confirm that. I'm sure they wouldn't want the fans to be left in the dark if he truely is close to the end.

undergroundrage
05-16-2010, 10:52 AM

This is part of the article on Roadrunner -

Earlier this month, HEAVEN & HELL canceled its summer tour plans in Europe due to Dio's treatment for stomach cancer. The band said in a statement that Dio wasn't "well enough to tour this summer. We hope that everyone understands and want to thank fans and industry colleagues for their continuing support at this time."

as is this

After rumors started circulating via the Internet late Saturday that Dio had lost his cancer fight, BLABBERMOUTH.NET reached out to Ronnie's wife/manager Wendy Dio, who sent back the following message at approximately 11:35 p.m. PST on Saturday, May 15 / 2:35 a.m. EST on Sunday, May 16:

"I am at the hospital and Ronnie has NOT passed away!!!! He is not doing good, but he is not dead.

So roll your eyes all you want, but the man is not doing good and unless you want to be smashed by the news of his death again, you better start to accept the fact that he's probably not going to make it through this. Sorry to be debbie downer, but you can't just think everything is all better now just because he's not dead at this very moment. Sadly, we are probably in the final moments of his life and the metal world is set to lose two legends in one year.

undergroundrage
05-16-2010, 10:54 AM
by the way, I can't find where I read about him being on life support. So that is just a rumor, for now...

elturtleboy
05-16-2010, 10:55 AM
FUCK! I got a txt like 2 hours ago about Dio being dead and I seriously lost it. i was with friends and my GF and I started having tears run through my eyes. If this is a joke, it's really fucked up cuz I can't take this anymore. This is a really lame joke. Fuck im pissed off right now. I drank so much cuz of his supposed passing and now im finding out he's not dead. WTF! :mad: I'm glad he's not dead, but whoever started this rumor needs to be beaten. This is fucked up!

This foo woke me up in 1 in the morning :zzz: and made me go on this site to see if he was alive or not. You owe me a BJ

daimonos
05-16-2010, 11:09 AM
This is part of the article on Roadrunner -

Earlier this month, HEAVEN & HELL canceled its summer tour plans in Europe due to Dio's treatment for stomach cancer. The band said in a statement that Dio wasn't "well enough to tour this summer. We hope that everyone understands and want to thank fans and industry colleagues for their continuing support at this time."

as is this

After rumors started circulating via the Internet late Saturday that Dio had lost his cancer fight, BLABBERMOUTH.NET reached out to Ronnie's wife/manager Wendy Dio, who sent back the following message at approximately 11:35 p.m. PST on Saturday, May 15 / 2:35 a.m. EST on Sunday, May 16:

"I am at the hospital and Ronnie has NOT passed away!!!! He is not doing good, but he is not dead.

So roll your eyes all you want, but the man is not doing good and unless you want to be smashed by the news of his death again, you better start to accept the fact that he's probably not going to make it through this. Sorry to be debbie downer, but you can't just think everything is all better now just because he's not dead at this very moment. Sadly, we are probably in the final moments of his life and the metal world is set to lose two legends in one year.

Just because he's not well enough to travel around the world playing shows all summer doesn't mean he's going to die. Him not being able to play shows and tour while he has stomach cancer and is going through chemotherapy should have been expected from everybody. Obviously somebody going through that wouldn't be able to. But just because they cancelled those dates doesn't mean that he isn't going to recover. You never know with this type of thing.

And YOU of all people, especially don't know, just as I don't know. Neither of us are his doctors. So don't go around acting like your going in and visiting Dio everyday and seeing his condition based on the fact that they cancelled shows. I'm sure anybody who is going through chemo, no matter how bad there cancer is, would have cancelled those shows.

elturtleboy
05-16-2010, 11:13 AM
has anyone checked the official Dio site,this was posted today,im so confused

"Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever." Love, Wendy"

im not saying he is dead,but i wanna know is he or not?!

daimonos
05-16-2010, 11:26 AM

"Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever." Love, Wendy"

Yes. I think he is now...

IrritatedTrout
05-16-2010, 11:30 AM
Dude.....

Crionics
05-16-2010, 11:35 AM

Shit from what I've heard, this is it..

JRA
05-16-2010, 11:44 AM

lulz

jerry1013
05-16-2010, 11:45 AM
http://www.ronniejamesdio.com/

"Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever." Love, Wendy

Thread here now: http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13455

undergroundrage
05-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Just because he's not well enough to travel around the world playing shows all summer doesn't mean he's going to die. Him not being able to play shows and tour while he has stomach cancer and is going through chemotherapy should have been expected from everybody. Obviously somebody going through that wouldn't be able to. But just because they cancelled those dates doesn't mean that he isn't going to recover. You never know with this type of thing.

And YOU of all people, especially don't know, just as I don't know. Neither of us are his doctors. So don't go around acting like your going in and visiting Dio everyday and seeing his condition based on the fact that they cancelled shows. I'm sure anybody who is going through chemo, no matter how bad there cancer is, would have cancelled those shows.

My opinion had nothing to do with the canceling of shows. That was in response to you posting that he was still touring or was about to tour, when he was not.

And it looks like he did pass, sadly. So, not to be an ass, but who was right? Yeah. Live in fantasy land and believe everything is all better only to be crushed again just a few hours later. Anyone who looked at what was said by Wendy in that text, who wasn't being blinded by false hope, could see that things were really bad. Cancer is a killer. And it's taken another from us.

ravenheart
05-16-2010, 01:50 PM
So, not to be an ass, but who was right? Yeah.

Most important bit of your statement.

daimonos
05-16-2010, 01:58 PM
My opinion had nothing to do with the canceling of shows. That was in response to you posting that he was still touring or was about to tour, when he was not.

And it looks like he did pass, sadly. So, not to be an ass, but who was right? Yeah. Live in fantasy land and believe everything is all better only to be crushed again just a few hours later. Anyone who looked at what was said by Wendy in that text, who wasn't being blinded by false hope, could see that things were really bad. Cancer is a killer. And it's taken another from us.

Fuck off dude. It seems like all you do on here is start shit with people and bitch and moan when they tell you how shitty your tastes are.

And I'm sorry I didn't take you for a fucking prophet whenever you were posting earlier, but it's nice to know you take so much pride in being right about this.