PDA

View Full Version : RANT: I'd like to kill As I Lay Dying's tour manager! *SPOILERS*

Travis The Dragon
05-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Look at these shithole dumps that they have been booked into on their current tour!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjhG9DpnSqc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7H0lbd5mIE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwcUgqI1Kfw

This is a band whose last album sold 40,000 copies in the first week alone! Who HEADLINED 2006 Sounds Of The Underground! Yet Dimmu Borgir, whose last album sold ONLY 14,000 copies in the first week came here and HEADLINED what was the BIGGEST club in town TWICE IN A YEAR!!! Why the fuck is AILD being booked into these smaller clubs?!?!?! They could EASILY sell out a 4,000 capacity club! God, I'd love to know who their fucking idiot tour manager is. Probably some GREEDY fuck who is trying to do this tour as cheap as possible! They deserve much better than this! Then again, so do a LOT of other bands out there.

Well, thanks for listening to my rant. What do you think?

rjturtle9
05-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Im lost.

DethMaiden
05-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Headliner's in Louisville is nice, and relatively big when you take into account the upstairs. I've seen Between the Buried and Me and Nile headline there. As I Lay Dying do not deserve better than those bands, and there's nothing wrong with Headliner's anyway.

Derelict
05-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Jesus told them to book smaller clubs

ravenheart
05-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Probably the majority of the copies they sold were bought by kids too young to go to shows.

They get venues half the size of the ones you've just posted in Europe. And bands MUCH, MUCH bigger then them only get venues around 500-capacity.

mankvill
05-11-2010, 03:14 PM
AILD is nowhere near as big they are now as they were in 2006-2007. The whole christian metalcore jesus scene is almost nonexistant with kids nowadays.

powerslave_85
05-11-2010, 03:40 PM
So you're pissed that a band will be playing a smaller, more intimate venue? Okay then.

undergroundrage
05-11-2010, 04:13 PM
They are playing the House of Blues in Orlando, which is exactly where they were at 3 years ago when I seen them last.

bt11763
05-11-2010, 04:23 PM
uh, who the fuck cares?

either way you're still seeing them. and honestly smaller club usually=smaller ticket prices.

Travis The Dragon
05-11-2010, 04:26 PM
So you're pissed that a band will be playing a smaller, more intimate venue? Okay then.

Yes. Actually, I wish they were as big as Metallica and Iron Maiden.

bt11763
05-11-2010, 04:30 PM

http://reactionface.com/index.php?q=/image/1939.gif

makethemsuffer12
05-11-2010, 04:30 PM

Well I wish I had a mansion and Kari Byron naked in my bed, but you don't see me complaining.

rjturtle9
05-11-2010, 04:33 PM

:lol: I hope your joking. Please be joking.

Wizzbang11
05-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Why would you want to see a band in a big venue.
I cannot think of a single example of a band I like that I wouldn't love to see play in a tiny venue where I can be within touching distance of them.
I'd certainly take that over a stadium/huge venue show.

Cynicist
05-11-2010, 04:45 PM
What do you think?

Well, I think they suck.

Travis The Dragon
05-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Why would you want to see a band in a big venue.
I cannot think of a single example of a band I like that I wouldn't love to see play in a tiny venue where I can be within touching distance of them.
I'd certainly take that over a stadium/huge venue show.

I would love to see ALL my favorite bands who are only popular enough to play clubs in huge arenas in front of huge audiences getting the popularity and recognition they TRULY deserve.

DethMaiden
05-11-2010, 04:51 PM
I would love to see ALL my favorite bands who are only popular enough to play clubs in huge arenas in front of huge audiences getting the popularity and recognition they TRULY deserve.

Why?

idrinkwine732
05-11-2010, 04:54 PM

If Matt Pike's teeth had a sideproject or something....

But yeah, you've totally got it. I think seeing a band in an arena is totally lame in comparison to a club.

DethMaiden
05-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved seeing Maiden twice (three times in July) but if someone told me I could have seen them in a club instead of an amphitheatre or an arena, I'd be asking which limb to chop off for the opportunity.

powerslave_85
05-11-2010, 05:00 PM
As long as my favorite bands have enough cash to tour and put out records, I could care less how successful they are.

Travis The Dragon
05-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved seeing Maiden twice (three times in July) but if someone told me I could have seen them in a club instead of an amphitheatre or an arena, I'd be asking which limb to chop off for the opportunity.

So, you'd rather see them without the amazing stage production and light show? I can't even imagine that.

DethMaiden
05-11-2010, 05:05 PM
So, you'd rather see them without the amazing stage production and light show? I can't even imagine that.

I take it you've never seen Rob Zombie in a smaller place? It's possible to bring a big stage production to a relatively small stage.

And even if I conceded that you can't......yes. Yes, I would rather see them in the club.

larvtard
05-11-2010, 05:30 PM

actually, I go to shows for the music, but that's cool if you go for the stage show... :tongue:

mankvill
05-11-2010, 05:32 PM
actually, I go to shows for the music, but that's cool if you go for the stage show... :tongue:

:fist:

SomewhereInTime72
05-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Am I the only person who's wondering how it's possible to have spoilers for real life?

Travis The Dragon
05-11-2010, 05:36 PM

I go for BOTH! :rocker:

mankvill
05-11-2010, 05:42 PM
If you're going to see a band for their stage show and their name isn't Alice Cooper, you're doing it wrong.

rjturtle9
05-11-2010, 05:46 PM

But they don't deserve to play in huge arenas. Maybe if they were opening for a badass band, but that's about it. Besides, you said it yourself, they are only popular enough to play small clubs. I guess that's the reason they play small clubs :D

Wizzbang11
05-11-2010, 05:49 PM
If you're going to see a band for their stage show and their name isn't GWAR you're doing it wrong.

Mhm.

SomewhereInTime72
05-11-2010, 05:49 PM
More on topic, I just don't understand how that isn't a good thing... Most people like to actually see their favorite bands. Most bands probably actively try to get to venues as small as their popularity allows. :eyes:

mankvill
05-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Mhm.

That too!

Maiden33
05-11-2010, 06:21 PM
I take it you've never seen Rob Zombie in a smaller place? It's possible to bring a big stage production to a relatively small stage.

And even if I conceded that you can't......yes. Yes, I would rather see them in the club.

Yep. As much as I whinge about paying $100 for good Maiden tickets and waiting 9 hours in line for a normal show - I would gladly pay $180 and wait 24 hours in line to see them on the rail at a small venue/club.

Travis The Dragon
05-11-2010, 06:44 PM
But they don't deserve to play in huge arenas. Maybe if they were opening for a badass band, but that's about it. Besides, you said it yourself, they are only popular enough to play small clubs. I guess that's the reason they play small clubs :D

I know and I wish they were more popular. Enough so to sell out arenas.

Crionics
05-11-2010, 06:52 PM
If Matt Pike's teeth had a sideproject or something....

But yeah, you've totally got it. I think seeing a band in an arena is totally lame in comparison to a club.

:lol:

Fires Of Sedition
05-11-2010, 07:14 PM
I'd much rather see ANY band in a smaller venue than ever even go to a huge stadium, which is why I skipped out on Metallica a few years ago. Pricey tickets for shitty seats.

undergroundrage
05-11-2010, 08:14 PM
It just depends. Some things are more of an experience when you see them on a huge scale, like Tool. I couldn't imagine seeing that in a little club.

SomewhereInTime72
05-11-2010, 08:17 PM
It just depends. Some things are more of an experience when you see them on a huge scale, like Tool. I couldn't imagine seeing that in a little club.

Well, I just tried to. And I need some new pants.

rjturtle9
05-11-2010, 08:23 PM
I'd much rather see ANY band in a smaller venue than ever even go to a huge stadium, which is why I skipped out on Metallica a few years ago. Pricey tickets for shitty seats.

I may be in the minority here, but Iron maiden at the House of Blues just wouldn't be the same...

Sanitarium78
05-11-2010, 08:35 PM
My take on this:

Does anyone else get the impression that Fonzbear is usually drunk when he posts on here? He just seems to say the goofiest shit all the time.

I don't know shit about AILD so I can't say anything about their popularity. But trust me, if their concert promoters thought they can fill bigger venues and make more money they would book them for it. It's really that simple. Most bands management have a pretty good idea what the drawing power is of a particular act. 90 percent of metal acts play clubs anyways, so why AILD should be any different from the rest of them? Because they had an album that sold a whopping 40,000 copies?

rjturtle9
05-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Does anyone else get the impression that Fonzbear is usually drunk when he posts on here? He just seems to say the goofiest shit all the time.

:wow:

Sanitarium78
05-11-2010, 08:59 PM
:wow:

I'm just fuckin around with him a bit that's all. He does seem to have some out there opinions a lot. But I guess we all do on here sometimes.

bt11763
05-11-2010, 09:30 PM
I go for BOTH! :rocker:

well so do i, i even am starting to do work lighting shows and everything. i love the large venues but i don't get pissed or want to kill someone ( :eyes: ) when my favorite bands play clubs. and even then, their stage performance and light show doesn't really suffer anymore. you actually get to have a crazier crowd in some of the smallest venues.

but most important, for me at least, like i said before. clubs=less guap.

Am I the only person who's wondering how it's possible to have spoilers for real life?

thank you

es156
05-11-2010, 09:35 PM
http://reactionface.com/index.php?q=/image/1939.gif

:lol:

Travis The Dragon
05-11-2010, 09:53 PM
and even then, their stage performance and light show doesn't really suffer anymore.

Actually, AILD is the type of band that likes to run and jump around the stage and as you can see from the youtube vids I posted, the very small stage prevents them from doing that.

bt11763
05-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Actually, AILD is the type of band that likes to run and jump around the stage and as you can see from the youtube vids I posted, the very small stage prevents them from doing that.

the energy is still there, if not amplified because the tight space creates tension.

like i said, i go to school for and work doing this sort of thing so i'm just gonna say now that your entire theory is flawed

Travis The Dragon
05-11-2010, 10:05 PM
My take on this:

I don't know shit about AILD so I can't say anything about their popularity. But trust me, if their concert promoters thought they can fill bigger venues and make more money they would book them for it. It's really that simple. Most bands management have a pretty good idea what the drawing power is of a particular act. 90 percent of metal acts play clubs anyways, so why AILD should be any different from the rest of them? Because they had an album that sold a whopping 40,000 copies?For starters, I DO NOT drink.

I don't mind that they're playing clubs, but what I don't like is the fact that they're playing in the "dumpier", smaller clubs because the stages are so small and the ceiling is lower. The nicer, larger clubs have larger stages and raised ceilings. I ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE you they could EASILY sell out clubs that hold 3,000-4,000 and those are the types of clubs they should be playing in. The club they'll be playing here tomorrow, The Cabooze, holds around 1,000 and it completely sold out last time. That should tell their manager that they should be playing in a larger club, but because of greed, the manager doesn't want to take that risk.

Another sad and pathetic thing about some of the clubs is that the band's equipment has to be loaded in and out of the club ON THE FUCKING STREET, out in front of the general public. Why the fuck can't these clubs have a private, separate loading area? First Ave., a well known club with all this history and bullshit is one of them. I just don't get it.

These bands deserve much better and if I ever win the huge, multi-million dollar lottery, I'll make sure they get it! Until then, which will be never of course!, :lol: I'll just have to see these bands wherever they play and just deal with it like everyone else.

DethMaiden
05-11-2010, 10:09 PM
For starters, I DO NOT drink.

I don't mind that they're playing clubs, but what I don't like is the fact that they're playing in the "dumpier", smaller clubs because the stages are so small and the ceiling is lower. The nicer, larger clubs have larger stages and raised ceilings. I ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE you they could EASILY sell out clubs that hold 3,000-4,000 and those are the types of clubs they should be playing in. The club they'll be playing here tomorrow, The Cabooze, holds around 1,000 and it completely sold out last time. That should tell their manager that they should be playing in a larger club, but because of greed, the manager doesn't want to take that risk.

Another sad and pathetic thing about some of the clubs is that the band's equipment has to be loaded in and out of the club ON THE FUCKING STREET, out in front of the general public. Why the fuck can't these clubs have a private, separate loading area? First Ave., a well known club with all this history and bullshit is one of them. I just don't get it.

These bands deserve much better and if I ever win the huge, multi-million dollar lottery, I'll make sure they get it! Until then, which will be never of course!, :lol: I'll just have to see these bands wherever they play and just deal with it like everyone else.

Bro, why the fuck do you want your heroes to become rock stars? That's twice as likely to spell their doom than keeping on with what they're doing.

TonyD
05-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Jesus told them to book smaller clubs

Win

Travis The Dragon
05-11-2010, 10:12 PM
the energy is still there, if not amplified because the tight space creates tension.

like i said, i go to school for and work doing this sort of thing so i'm just gonna say now that your entire theory is flawed

Ah, well I see it in a different way then you. I think there's MUCH more energy when the band has room to really move around the stage. Look at Iron Maiden for example. They run all over the stage and I feel that creates a TON of energy for their shows. I couldn't picture them only being able to run 10 feet. It's great when Bruce runs up and down those ramps. In Live After Death, during Aces High, after the first chorus, Steve runs and jumps over the amplifier. That is SO AWESOME. It wouldn't look nearly as cool on a small stage. And think of the bands. I'm sure they don't like having to be jammed in tightly like that and would love to have more room to move around. Well, to each their own I guess. :)

Travis The Dragon
05-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Bro, why the fuck do you want your heroes to become rock stars? That's twice as likely to spell their doom than keeping on with what they're doing.

It didn't spell doom for Metallica, Iron Maiden, Rush, AC/DC, Nine Inch Nails, Pink Floyd, U2, The Rolling Stones, Nickelback, Alice In Chains, Ozzy, and many other bands. Why would it spell doom for others?

DethMaiden
05-11-2010, 10:16 PM
It didn't spell doom for Metallica, Iron Maiden, Rush, AC/DC, Nine Inch Nails, Pink Floyd, U2, The Rolling Stones, Nickelback, Alice In Chains, Ozzy, and many other bands. Why would it spell doom for others?

You don't think those bands had more bullshit to deal with once they hit it big? You don't think some amount of authenticity is preserved when a band doesn't try to be bigger than they really are?

And REALLY, Metallica, Pink Floyd, and Ozzy weren't ruined by rock stardom? REALLY?

Travis The Dragon
05-11-2010, 10:18 PM
You don't think those bands had more bullshit to deal with once they hit it big? You don't think some amount of authenticity is preserved when a band doesn't try to be bigger than they really are?

And REALLY, Metallica, Pink Floyd, and Ozzy weren't ruined by rock stardom? REALLY?

Nope, I don't think they were ruined in the least!

bt11763
05-11-2010, 10:18 PM

http://reactionface.com/index.php?q=/image/2188.gif

DethMaiden
05-11-2010, 10:19 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: Awesome movie, never seen that used in Internet context. :tongue:

bt11763
05-11-2010, 10:20 PM
well if it's not booze that you hit before you come here, i want whatever drugs you're taking that can make me see things the way you do :stoned:

bt11763
05-11-2010, 10:20 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Awesome movie, never seen that used in Internet context. :tongue:

;)

Fires Of Sedition
05-12-2010, 12:14 AM

The pictures you post to express your reactions are amazing.

:lovedup:

The Green and Black
05-12-2010, 07:34 AM
As I Lay Dying as no business being compared to Iron Maiden, this topic is retarded.

Now that I got that out of the way -

1) I can understand the desire to see one of your favorite bands on the big stage, especially if it's a band you think never quite received the credit they deserve, but nothing compares to the overall experience of a club.

2) I have seen Iron Maiden at the Hammerstein Ballroom for Bruce's glorious return, as well as in an Amphitheater for the Brave New World tour (and several tours since then as well), full production, and I have to say, Maiden on the big stage was a way better experience. Sure, I'd love to see them in a club for novelty, but nothing can top Maiden on the big stage, full production. But As I Lay Dying is NOT Maiden, and just because someone wants to see As I Lay Daying run around and jump high does not mean they should be on a big stage, playing huge venues.

3) I rarely go to arena shows anymore. I am WAY more likely to go see a band in a club or smaller venue. It's more intimate and just better overall. The only way I would really consider going to bigger shows anymore would be with a front row seat (or atleast first 5 rows) or if the front area is General Admission. Although even in those cases, the ticket prices alone for bigger shows is often enough to keep me away.

Sanitarium78
05-12-2010, 11:31 AM
For starters, I DO NOT drink.

What I think you need to do is not take it so personally that a band is being booked in a smaller venue. At least that's the way you're sounding on your posts. The other thing you must remember is that not every area has a concert club that has a 3-4 thousand capacity. Most cities don't have venues the size of The Hammerstein Ballroom to book shows in.

My city is a perfect example of that. In downtown Buffalo, NY there's a place called The Town Ballroom. Not only do they book most of the metal acts that come here but they book most musical acts who can't sell out the arena or amphitheater here. The capacity of the place might be 1500 at the most and that's counting band members and venue employees. Of all the small venues in the city this is the one with the biggest capacity. I saw Megadeth play here in March on the RIP 20 tour. They sold the place out and while it seems like a small place for them to play, it was the best they could do around here. So it's probably not that AILD couldn't draw more people. It has more to do with them being booked at the best possible location wherever they're playing.

Bands having to load and unload their equipment on the street in full veiw of everyone is nothing new when it comes to club shows. It's been happening since forever now and it will continue to happen. You can't expect all these small venues to have the money to remodel their place and give them a fuckin loading dock do you? Do you have any idea how much something like that would cost? It's money that most of these venues can't spare if they wanna stay opened. I've never seen it as an issue so I don't see how a band gets their stuff into and out of a venue is such a concern of yours. It just comes with the territory and all the bands as far as I know just accept it and don't think much of it.

DigMySpanky
05-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Hopefully they will decide to bring that big stage show into a small club, they'll pull a great white and start a fire and then jesus will come down (wearing an Entombed shirt), and judge them. Among the flames jesus will play The Nocturnal Silence and all those who ask for it to be turned up and praise it will be saved. Those who say turn this shit off and put AILD back on will burn in metal hell with the band.

That would be sweet.

Sanitarium78
05-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Hopefully they will decide to bring that big stage show into a small club, they'll pull a great white and start a fire and then jesus will come down (wearing an Entombed shirt), and judge them. Among the flames jesus will play The Nocturnal Silence and all those who ask for it to be turned up and praise it will be saved. Those who say turn this shit off and put AILD back on will burn in metal hell with the band.

That would be sweet.

Good one:lol::lol:

bt11763
05-12-2010, 02:36 PM
The pictures you post to express your reactions are amazing.

:lovedup:

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3