PDA

View Full Version : BLIND GUARDIAN: New Album Title, Single Details Revealed

makethemsuffer12
05-11-2010, 05:32 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=139853

Looking forward to this.

SomewhereInTime72
05-11-2010, 07:32 AM
This will be up on my radar for sure.

evildeadjedi
05-11-2010, 10:54 AM
I can hardly wait! :party:

Really hope it means they tour the US again I really want to see them again!

Crionics
05-11-2010, 11:24 AM
This is gonna kickass

daimonos
05-11-2010, 12:03 PM
I don't like Power Metal very much. But I fucking LOVE Blind Guardian :horns:

mankvill
05-11-2010, 12:03 PM
AT THE EDGE OF TIME

WHEEL OF TIME CONCEPT ALBUM I JUST CAAAAAME

Maiden33
05-11-2010, 12:14 PM
:drool:

This band can do no wrong. One of the only bands on the planet where I believe that statement to be close to true.

evildeadjedi
05-11-2010, 12:34 PM
:drool:

This band can do no wrong. One of the only bands on the planet where I believe that statement to be close to true.

Agreed! Blind Guardian is just plain amazing! I really hope they tour the US next year!! 2006 was the last time I saw them. :(

I really envy Europe sometimes. :(

Travis The Dragon
05-11-2010, 01:22 PM
I can't wait!!!!!!

BTW, WTF?!?!?! A Twist In The Myth only sold 3,000 copies in the first week in the USA????? I thought they were quite a bit more popular over here. At least as popular as Dimmu Borgir, whose last album sold 14,000 copies in the first week.

Travis The Dragon
05-11-2010, 01:25 PM
I don't like Power Metal very much. But I fucking LOVE Blind Guardian :horns:

Well, BG isn't exactly your average power metal band. Their songs are different from most PM bands because they change direction so many times. I personally classify them as "progressive power metal".

mankvill
05-11-2010, 01:26 PM
I can't wait!!!!!!

BTW, WTF?!?!?! A Twist In The Myth only sold 3,000 copies in the first week in the USA????? I thought they were quite a bit more popular over here. At least as popular as Dimmu Borgir, whose last album sold 14,000 copies in the first week.

Dimmu has a foot in the Hot Topic door. Blind Guardian should somehow market the new album through WoW.

Maiden33
05-11-2010, 01:27 PM
I can't wait!!!!!!

Those numbers don't include anything that isn't bought at a chain retailer. For example, my copy didn't count because I bought it at an independent record shop, not at say, Best Buy. That being said, 3,000 copies for first week's sales in the US isn't that bad these days. The last Metal Church album only sold 900-something in its first week.

Travis The Dragon
05-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Those numbers don't include anything that isn't bought at a chain retailer. For example, my copy didn't count because I bought it at an independent record shop, not at say, Best Buy. That being said, 3,000 copies for first week's sales in the US isn't that bad these days. The last Metal Church album only sold 900-something in its first week.

Ah, I see. I wonder how well BG's last USA tour did. That'll really tell how popular they are.

Maiden33
05-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Ah, I see. I wonder how well BG's last USA tour did. That'll really tell how popular they are.

I can't say for sure, but I'd believe the show I was at (@ The Trocadero in December 2006) was sold out, it was pretty packed. From what I understand just about all the shows were like that. They're definitely popular enough in America to do their own headlining tours at about 1,000 - 1,500 capacity venues and fill them up fairly well.

mankvill
05-11-2010, 01:47 PM
They had a show here. It was selling really well, almost sold out, but they had to cancel for some reason.

:(

Travis The Dragon
05-11-2010, 01:49 PM
I can't say for sure, but I'd believe the show I was at (@ The Trocadero in December 2006) was sold out, it was pretty packed. From what I understand just about all the shows were like that. They're definitely popular enough in America to do their own headlining tours at about 1,000 - 1,500 capacity venues and fill them up fairly well.

That's quite good for sure.

evildeadjedi
05-11-2010, 02:01 PM
The Cleveland 11/24/2006 show I attended sold out I believe.

daimonos
05-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Well, BG isn't exactly your average power metal band. Their songs are different from most PM bands because they change direction so many times. I personally classify them as "progressive power metal".

Actually that's what I have them listed as on my itunes. Their progressive nature is probably why I like them so much. I only have Imaginations From the Other Side and A Twist in the Myth. I used to have Batallions of Fear, Follow the Blind, and Tales From the Twilight World too. I still like the first two, but I wasn't too fond of Tales...

makethemsuffer12
05-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Actually that's what I have them listed as on my itunes. Their progressive nature is probably why I like them so much. I only have Imaginations From the Other Side and A Twist in the Myth. I used to have Batallions of Fear, Follow the Blind, and Tales From the Twilight World too. I still like the first two, but I wasn't too fond of Tales...

Sup twin.

daimonos
05-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Sup twin.

:lol: Nice!

Really, I think those two albums are incredible. If they have an album that's better than Imaginations From the Other Side, I need it, right now, because that really must be one hell of an album. I've heard Nightfall in Middle Earth is really good, but I've never been able to find it in any stores.

Maiden33
05-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Generally I rank the Blind Guardian albums as follows:

Imaginations From the Other Side
Nightfall in Middle Earth
A Night at the Opera
Tales From the Twilight World
Somewhere Far Beyond
A Twist in the Myth
Follow the Blind
Battalions of Fear

Aside from the first two albums I don't have a single thing negative to say about any albums on the whole, aside from that I found Twist a little less memorable than their 1990-2002 output. The level of quality separation between most of their albums is very menial, just very subjective person to person.

mankvill
05-11-2010, 06:29 PM

A Night at the Opera
Somewhere Far Beyond
A Twist in the Myth
Follow the Blind
Battalions of Fear

Fixed. Well, at least the placement between Imaginations and their other material is fixed.

Travis The Dragon
05-11-2010, 06:48 PM

You absolutely HAVE to hear Nightfall In Middle Earth and A Night At The Opera!

evildeadjedi
05-11-2010, 07:38 PM

A Night at the Opera
Somewhere Far Beyond
A Twist in the Myth
Follow the Blind
Battalions of Fear

Aside from the first two albums I don't have a single thing negative to say about any albums on the whole, aside from that I found Twist a little less memorable than their 1990-2002 output. The level of quality separation between most of their albums is very menial, just very subjective person to person.

This is very close to my opinion especially the top three.

Imaginations From the Other Side (Perfect)
Nightfall in Middle Earth (Perfect)
A Night at the Opera (Amazing it's a shame some songs don't get played live)
Somewhere Far Beyond (Damn solid has classics like both versions of The Bard's Song, Journey Through the Dark, Theater of Pain, Ashes to Ashes, Somewhere Far Beyond and the underrated The Quest of Tanelorn and the Queen cover of Spread Your Wings was even good).
Tales From the Twilight World (Welcome to Dying, LOTR, Traveler in Time, Lost in the Twilight Hall are all great).
A Twist in the Myth(Otherland, Fly, Lionheart, The New Order are all good)
Follow the Blind (Banish from Sanctuary, Valhalla, Follow the Blind, Don't Break the Circle). This along with Battalions is pretty much speed metal.
Battalions of Fear (Majesty and Run For The Night are classics)

b_halperin
05-12-2010, 04:54 PM
i really need to listen to a lot more of this band. Imaginations a good place to start?

mankvill
05-12-2010, 05:06 PM
i really need to listen to a lot more of this band. Imaginations a good place to start?

Totally. I don't like most power metal, but Blind Guardian is excellent and Imaginations is a perfect album.

Maiden33
05-12-2010, 05:09 PM

Yeah, for sure. Stylistically it's pretty similar to Nightfall (the one 80% of fans go apeshit for), just not conceptual - more of a song-based album (and every song rules).

xStructualDefect
05-12-2010, 05:19 PM

i'd say Nightfall is the perfect album to start. i'd say check out Imaginations if you dig Nightfall. Somewhere Far Beyond and Tales from the Twilight World are more thrashy/speedy.

b_halperin
05-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Yeah, for sure. Stylistically it's pretty similar to Nightfall (the one 80% of fans go apeshit for), just not conceptual - more of a song-based album (and every song rules).

Totally. I don't like most power metal, but Blind Guardian is excellent and Imaginations is a perfect album.

got imaginations! really enjoying it. ive only heard about half of the tracks so far but im really loving it.

Maiden33
05-18-2010, 01:45 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/blindedge.jpg

Album Artwork.

DethMaiden
05-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Song titles sound like Blind Guardian song titles, album cover looks like a Blind Guardian album cover. That's all I'm asking for - a Blind Guardian album. Fairly excited. :fist:

SerpentineVIVIVI
05-18-2010, 01:50 PM

Album Artwork.

So. fucking. METAL. :rocker:

Maiden33
05-18-2010, 01:51 PM
I hate to get overly excited, but I have a really, really good feeling about this. I think Blind Guardian is best when combining all elements of their style into one epic package, which seems to be the goal here. "Sacred" was great, and I love that sample. I have a feeling they might really hit it out of the park with this one.

mankvill
05-18-2010, 02:23 PM
This is their first album without one of their original members though, right?

Crionics
05-18-2010, 03:59 PM

Album Artwork.

I love it! :party:

Maiden33
05-18-2010, 07:39 PM
This is their first album without one of their original members though, right?

Nah, Thomen (Stauch, drummer) wasn't on A Twist in the Myth.