PDA

View Full Version : Joey Bellodonna officially back in Anthrax

BloodoftheKings
05-10-2010, 07:50 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=139800

JRA
05-10-2010, 08:06 AM
Note to self: don't tell Scott Ian any secrets.

I'm actually very happy about this.

Sanitarium78
05-10-2010, 08:30 AM
I can't wait to see how long this takes to blow up in their faces once again:lol: But if they do record a new album and Scott and Charlie can even come close to recreating the songwritting magic they had from '85-'90 I might be mildly intrested. At least they made a fuckin decision about the band though and everyone, hopefully at least, knows what's going on now. At least John Bush doesn't have to worry about this shit for and can focus on Armored Saint full time if he wants.

Natrlhi
05-10-2010, 08:35 AM
This is interesting news. Also of major interest - and mentioned in the above article, is that they're going to actually be touring a bit with Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer, which means that the fantasy / rumor of the "Big Four" touring together will finally come true, even if only for fourteen shows (which have been announced so far! ;)).

Derelict
05-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Can we start calling the Big Four the Big Three + Anthrax? These guys are beyond pathetic

MPF
05-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Just heard these guys refered to as Van'thrax. Haha, such a great name. So true.

ravenheart
05-10-2010, 11:09 AM
even if only for fourteen shows (which have been announced so far! ;)).

Not all of those are Big Four shows.

Only the Sonisphere Festivals in Warsaw, Wil, Vienna, Sofia, Istanbul, Bucharest, Athens and Prague (listed there as Mimon, which is now incorrect) have all of the Big Four playing.

ravenheart
05-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Can we start calling the Big Four the Big Three + Anthrax? These guys are beyond pathetic

Everyone knows Testament should be in the Big Four, not Anthrax.

TonyD
05-10-2010, 11:38 AM
It should be the Big 3 and Little 3, Metallica, Slayer and Deth are just on another level than Exodus, Anthrax and Testament.

makethemsuffer12
05-10-2010, 11:48 AM
It should be the Big 3 and Little 3, Metallica, Slayer and Deth are just on another level than Exodus, Anthrax and Testament.

In terms of popularity, yes.

And if there's going to be a "little 3", put fucking Overkill in there. Anthrax haven't done anything but continuously fuck up in recent years.

That aside, I am actually looking forward to this.

That is, if it even lasts long enough for them to tour the States.

TonyD
05-10-2010, 12:01 PM
In terms of popularity and... everything else.

ravenheart
05-10-2010, 12:04 PM
I'd put Testament, Overkill, Exodus, Annihilator and Forbidden all above Anthrax.

makethemsuffer12
05-10-2010, 12:20 PM
In terms of popularity and... everything else.

Maybe in the long run, but recently? Testement and Exodus's latest albums are some of the strongest of their careers.

Crionics
05-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Just heard these guys refered to as Van'thrax. Haha, such a great name. So true.

Hahaha, but this is good news.

ChildrenofSodom
05-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Did you hear about the guy who sent some anthrax to his congressman?

Yeah, apparently it was spreading the disease.

JRA
05-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Everyone knows Testament should be in the Big Four, not Anthrax.

Testament are too much of a Metallica ripoff to be in the big four.

makethemsuffer12
05-10-2010, 01:05 PM

:hmm:

davidis138
05-10-2010, 01:09 PM
I wonder if they'll let Joey lay down the vocals on the album then get rid of him. That seems to be their fetish.

Derelict
05-10-2010, 01:11 PM
I wonder if they'll let Joey lay down the vocals on the album then get rid of him. That seems to be their fetish.

Whatever path gets Scott Ian back to his lame VH1 commentary the quickest is what they will do.

davidis138
05-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Whatever path gets Scott Ian back to his lame VH1 commentary the quickest is what they will do.

So maybe Joey will just book it after the tour again

ravenheart
05-10-2010, 02:03 PM

:confused:

rjturtle9
05-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Im glad that he's back. I just want to see them play with joey at least once. then I don't care if he leaves again.

BloodoftheKings
05-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, and Megadeth are the big 4 because they are they most popular thrash bands. No matter who you think is better then Anthrax the fact of the matter is that most people dont know about who the fuck Testament, Overkill, Exodus, and Annihilator are. The reason thier called the Big 4 is because they are the 4 bands that got the biggest.

ravenheart
05-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, and Megadeth are the big 4 because they are they most popular thrash bands. No matter who you think is better then Anthrax the fact of the matter is that most people dont know about who the fuck Testament, Overkill, Exodus, and Annihilator are. The reason thier called the Big 4 is because they are the 4 bands that got the biggest.

What? No! Really?

Thanks for the clarification. It wasn't TOTALLY OBVIOUS COMMON KNOWLEDGE at all :tp:

Sanitarium78
05-10-2010, 03:52 PM

Exactly. You also need to keep in mind that Testaments first album didn't come out until 1987 and Annihilators didn't come out until 1989. Anthrax was already building up a good following before these two bands were even known to most metal fans. Testament opened for Anthrax in 1987, so it's not like the weren't given a great opportunity right away. It just didn't happen for Testament or Annihilator in terms of popularity and thats the way it is unfortunately. Plus, by the time both bands had built up a respectable following the grunge boom of the early 90s killed any hopes for future success for them. As for Overkill there really isn't any reason they couldn't have been bigger.

Don't forget some bands don't like having all that attention and being hugely popular. So some of these artists not getting the respect from the masses can be their own doing. They may just prefer to fly under the radar and do their own thing without the pressure to produce a hit record all the time.

JRA
05-10-2010, 05:13 PM
:confused:

Don't believe me? Let's ask Scott Ian, Dave Mustaine and Jeff Hanneman.

"[Guitar World Magazine]: What about Testament?
MUSTAINE: Who? You mean the guys who are ripping off our drum riser and stage moves, and copying all of Metallica's sounds, and singing like James [Hetfield]?
IAN: And with dance steps laid out on the stage on how to have stage presence. But we didn't mention the name. You did.
MUSTAINE: This magazine called them the Lennon and McCartney of Thrash. but aren't they more like Simon and Garfunkel?
IAN: All I've got to say is: where would they be without these three bands and Metallica? I just find Testament hard to even take seriously. Whatever they do, I suppose they do it well, but it just isn't them. Every time you hear them on the radio, you think Metallica.
HANNEMAN: I heard them the other day and I could have sworn it was Metallica."

I will say that I do enjoy myself some Souls of Black every now and again, but Testament have no business replacing anyone in the big 4, no matter how famous they are. That's like saying Kiss should replace Deep Purple in the big 3 of the 70's because no one gives a shit about Deep Purple nowadays.

idrinkwine732
05-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Yeah, because Mustaine and Ian have an awesome reputation for this stuff. Mustaine also called Pantera a Megadeth clone, proving he hadn't heard anything by them. Oh, but once Dime died, they were great friends.

makethemsuffer12
05-10-2010, 05:39 PM

MUSTAINE: Who? You mean the guys who are ripping off our drum riser and stage moves, and copying all of Metallica's sounds, and singing like James [Hetfield]?
IAN: And with dance steps laid out on the stage on how to have stage presence. But we didn't mention the name. You did.
MUSTAINE: This magazine called them the Lennon and McCartney of Thrash. but aren't they more like Simon and Garfunkel?
IAN: All I've got to say is: where would they be without these three bands and Metallica? I just find Testament hard to even take seriously. Whatever they do, I suppose they do it well, but it just isn't them. Every time you hear them on the radio, you think Metallica.

I will say that I do enjoy myself some Souls of Black every now and again, but Testament have no business replacing anyone in the big 4, no matter how famous they are. That's like saying Kiss should replace Deep Purple in the big 3 of the 70's because no one gives a shit about Deep Purple nowadays.

It's not like that at all. Wanna know why?

Testament absolutely fucking destroy Anthrax.

BloodoftheKings
05-10-2010, 05:54 PM

Can I get a link to this interview.

elturtleboy
05-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Im glad that he's back. I just want to see them play with joey at least once. then I don't care if he leaves again.

:light:amen baby! we're gonna go so em! when they come! Tell all of team turtle and team nig!
I was having a bad day until now:rocker:

SomewhereInTime72
05-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Testament absolutely fucking destroy Anthrax.

Pfffft.

DethMaiden
05-10-2010, 06:42 PM
The Big Four happen to be my four favorite thrash bands.

elturtleboy
05-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Pfffft.

i second that

Onioner
05-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Testament unoriginal? Yeah their "classic" '80s stuff is pretty comparable to Metallica, but once Low came by, Testament became a whole lot heavier than the other three thrash bands (you can argue Slayer, but their attempt at heaviness sounded like nu-metal in my opinion). In the 90's Anthrax became more of a hard rock band with John Bush (a damn good hard rock band at that), and Megadeth and Metallica conceded to radio and the almighty dollar. Slayer remained largely the same one could suppose, while Testament really got those death metal elements in there and working so well. Hell, The Gathering has got to be THE heaviest thrash album I know, up there with Pleasure to Kill by Kreator. Yes, maybe they don't deserve to be in the Big Four if you're talking about popularity, but they are most certainly original, at least after 1992. In my ever humble opinion, Testament have had the most musically successful career out of many of the famous thrash band (on a creative level, hiatuses notwithstanding), Megadeth, Slayer and Metallica needed to have "return to roots" albums in order to get their fans happy again, and Anthrax needed a reunion of their classic lineup (TWICE!!). Testament simply released an album that continued with sound they established on their most recent album and it was plenty enough. These guys have never stopped evolving from their core sound, while the other members of the Big Four removed themselves from thrash only to clumsily return (Endgame tears shit up, and Dave Lombardo's return was all Slayer really needed).

The Green and Black
05-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Testament > Metallica
Kreator > Slayer
Overkill > Anthrax
Megadeth = Megadeth :D

This has been your Thrash Metal lession for today, kiddies.

idrinkwine732
05-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Testament > Metallica
Kreator > Slayer
Overkill > Anthrax

If we choose one German thrash band, does it have to be Kreator?

rjturtle9
05-10-2010, 10:42 PM
:light:amen baby! we're gonna go so em! when they come! Tell all of team turtle and team nig!
I was having a bad day until now:rocker:

Dude, I don't think anyone here knows what you mean by team Turtle and team Nig. Maybe not even Metalhead_Andrew :lol:

rjturtle9
05-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Testament > Metallica
Kreator > Slayer
Overkill > Anthrax

That last sentence made me laugh. But your still wrong ;)

Cynicist
05-11-2010, 06:12 AM
Testament > Metallica
Kreator > Slayer
Overkill > Anthrax

:party::party::party:

If we choose one German thrash band, does it have to be Kreator?

Kreator > you

makethemsuffer12
05-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Pfffft.

Say what you will. I find Anthrax hard to take seriously anymore. I find Testament to be more consistent with releasing good material and I just enjoy listening to them more. Don't get me wrong, the first few Anthrax albums are classic, but after Sound of the White Noise I couldn't care less.

elturtleboy
05-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Dude, I don't think anyone here knows what you mean by team Turtle and team Nig. Maybe not even Metalhead_Andrew :lol:

IDC! We need to go! Everyone on this site needs to go. John Bush is better of in AS and I like seeing Neil Turbin play backyards around here. I need to see this before i die!:egrin:

rjturtle9
05-11-2010, 02:43 PM
IDC! We need to go! Everyone on this site needs to go. John Bush is better of in AS and I like seeing Neil Turbin play backyards around here. I need to see this before i die!:egrin:

I've seen that :bouville:

ChildrenofSodom
05-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Did you hear about the guy who sent some anthrax to his congressman?

Yeah, apparently it was spreading the disease.

Bump, in case you guys missed it.

Derelict
05-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Bump, in case you guys missed it.

i swear i lol'd the first time

elturtleboy
05-12-2010, 05:00 PM
As for the "BIG 4" or Big 8...i always thought it should be BIG 6 with Testament and Exodus oh well,with the other 2 bands this is the order

Slayer,Megadeth,Anthrax,Metallica,Exodus,Kreator,T estament,Overkill,Annhilator.
idk why uppl added Annihilator but oh well.:finger:

mankvill
05-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Slayer
Megadeth
Metallica
Hammerlord

Big 4

davidis138
05-12-2010, 05:11 PM
I think Testament is great but not part of the big four. If you had like a big four B team then it'd be Testament, Death Angel, Overkill, and Exodus. In my opinion.

mankvill
05-12-2010, 05:15 PM
I think Testament is great but not part of the big four. If you had like a big four B team then it'd be Testament, Death Angel, Overkill, and Exodus. In my opinion.

"Big 4" is like the army. Nothing fancy, but gets the job done.

"Big 4 B Team" is like the special forces. More hard hitting, more bad ass.

Morbid Saint, Dark Angel, Razor and Demolition Hammer = The FOXHOUND group.

davidis138
05-13-2010, 12:41 PM
"Big 4" is like the army. Nothing fancy, but gets the job done.

"Big 4 B Team" is like the special forces. More hard hitting, more bad ass.

Morbid Saint, Dark Angel, Razor and Demolition Hammer = The FOXHOUND group.

Well put :lol:

Travis The Dragon
05-13-2010, 03:52 PM
HELL YES!!!!! This is GREAT news!!!!!