The Czar
Ghost of Karelia
Crack the Skye
The Last Baron
---------------
Crusher Destroyer :wow:
Crystal Skull
Blood & Thunder

I'll review this later today, but it was a hell of a show.

TonyD
05-09-2010, 04:36 PM
So you actually went? It was totally fucking awesome except for Mastodon cutting the set short because of this. (http://board.mastodonrocks.com/index.php?showtopic=6282)Also Baroness definitely played The Gnashing.

mankvill
05-09-2010, 05:13 PM
BTBAM above HoF. :(

And Brent needs to stop being a little bitch.

DethMaiden
05-09-2010, 05:25 PM
I want Brent out. I know the other guys in the band, along with Baroness and BTBAM, will make the show worth it, but after this tour, I want Mastodon to kick Brent the fuck out of the band.

TonyD
05-09-2010, 06:17 PM
I know how much of a pain in the ass he is, but the truth is that he's essential to the band. Funny how it works like that almost all of the time.

LIVEtoROCK86
05-09-2010, 06:48 PM
This is the third show this tour that I've heard was shit (including mine in Sayreville, which I I posted the set for). Brent is acting extremely unprofessionally time and time again and I don't know how the band is tolerating it. It's a shame because the music is great; Bill, Brann, and Troy are so tight as a three piece;...Brent IS the problem and yes, I'd like to see him gone. Although he is a large creative force in the band, we'll have no more Mastodon if he keeps this up. I think his bad habits and antics will tear apart the band from the inside out.

TonyD
05-09-2010, 07:21 PM
On a positive note, "How Dark We Pray" was heavier than elephant balls. And I got high fives, thumbs up and hugs from at least 10 people for my Kyuss shirt.

JRA
05-09-2010, 07:35 PM
It's kinda sad to see Brent fall like this. Especially since we started to see him slip through the cracks toward the end of the Blood Mountain tour. Then when Crack The Skye came out it was all about him and his journey and his discovery and etc. etc. Looks the fact is he can only tour for a certain amount of time before he begins to get antsy.

I haven't been inconvenienced by him, so I don't really want to see him go. I wonder who would replace him if it was the case? True it could always be an unknown but we can't get any e-mileage out of that discussion.

Brent Hinds = the modern day Paul Di'Anno?

DethMaiden
05-09-2010, 07:37 PM
It's kinda sad to see Brent fall like this. Especially since we started to see him slip through the cracks toward the end of the Blood Mountain tour. Then when Crack The Skye came out it was all about him and his journey and his discovery and etc. etc. Looks the fact is he can only tour for a certain amount of time before he begins to get antsy.

I haven't been inconvenienced by him, so I don't really want to see him go. I wonder who would replace him if it was the case? True it could always be an unknown but we can't get any e-mileage out of that discussion.

Brent Hinds = the modern day Paul Di'Anno?

If John Baizley pulled double duty in Baroness and Mastodon it would be boner-worthy.

TonyD
05-09-2010, 07:50 PM
I don't know where people are getting the idea that they're just gonna swap him out for somebody else. This is a 10+ year old band with the same lineup for the entire time (not counting an additional singer for 9 months).

idrinkwine732
05-09-2010, 08:27 PM
So you actually went? It was totally fucking awesome except for Mastodon cutting the set short because of this. (http://board.mastodonrocks.com/index.php?showtopic=6282)Also Baroness definitely played The Gnashing.

Yes, I actually went. I don't regret it one bit. The show was still killer, and I had a great time. I will see Mastodon every time it is a possibility, but Brent still needs to get his shit together. Plus...did you notice how awesome Blood and Thunder was as a three piece still?

This is the third show this tour that I've heard was shit (including mine in Sayreville, which I I posted the set for). Brent is acting extremely unprofessionally time and time again and I don't know how the band is tolerating it. It's a shame because the music is great; Bill, Brann, and Troy are so tight as a three piece;...Brent IS the problem and yes, I'd like to see him gone. Although he is a large creative force in the band, we'll have no more Mastodon if he keeps this up. I think his bad habits and antics will tear apart the band from the inside out.

First off, this show was far from shit. They were spot on the whole night, but Brent just was wasted as fuck. I've seen them 5 times and all but one he's been smashed, never this bad though. They looked genuinely concerned about him though throughout the show however. Troy had a look on his face that I've only seen on my Dad when he's really worried about something.

If John Baizley pulled double duty in Baroness and Mastodon it would be boner-worthy.

...I'd be happy...

MPF
05-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Damn, after readin all the reviews lately I'm glad I seen them on the first run of Crack The Skye. The show in MN was unbeatable, and also to date, the last time they played Hearts Alive.

I've had more then my share of problems on stage with the bands I'm and played with, but I would never walk off stage for bullshit like Brent is doing.

TonyD
05-10-2010, 12:11 AM
B&T still sounded good but I was still in WTF shock because of what actually happened. I knew something was up when Troy started yapping on the mic like "you guys are awesome", which they have already said they hate doing. Somebody is now saying that Brent was playing on the side of the stage, which may have been true only during the mid section.
I wasn't too disappointed because I saw Priestess, HoF and Baroness, but if it had been a regular date of the tour I would have thrown a fit.

idrinkwine732
05-10-2010, 06:23 AM
I did see him on the side of the stage about half way through Blood and Thunder playing.

I just want to know if I should be mad at Brent or not.

jotun2graveland
05-10-2010, 12:22 PM
I'll be at the show in Eugene tonight, so I can update if anything like this happens again.

Onioner
05-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Hey Tony, that "someone" is me. I replied to your thread on the Mastodon forum yesterday a couple times. I was on the front row on the rail, and I know for a fact that Brent was playing guitar during Blood and Thunder. He was on stage left with his wife/girlfriend/groupie. I just hope dude either gets his shit together or the band figure out what to do with him, like find a touring vocalist and give him full time guitar duties or something.

idrinkwine732
05-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Hey Tony, that "someone" is me. I replied to your thread on the Mastodon forum yesterday a couple times. I was on the front row on the rail, and I know for a fact that Brent was playing guitar during Blood and Thunder. He was on stage left with his wife/girlfriend/groupie. I just hope dude either gets his shit together or the band figure out what to do with him, like find a touring vocalist and give him full time guitar duties or something.

No wai bro, I was on the rail too. But yeah, he did leave right before Blood and Thunder then they started it as a 3 piece. He came out about half way through the song and played it with them offstage, right next to his, lets say, significant other.