PDA

View Full Version : Put the ultimate "shit" tour together.

Travis The Dragon
05-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Basically bands you wouldn't see if someone paid you. Here is mine:

Winger
Ratt
Twisted Sister
Trixter
Slaughter
L.A. Guns
Firehouse
Nelson

The Green and Black
05-08-2010, 11:37 PM

Winger
Ratt
Twisted Sister
Trixter
Slaughter
L.A. Guns
Firehouse
Nelson

I have actually seen all of these band already. :lol:
Well I don't believe I have seen Nelson or Trixter, but both of them are playing the M3 festival this year, so I'll probably see them whether I want to or not.

mankvill
05-08-2010, 11:39 PM
lamb of god
disturbed
korn
whitechapel
pantera
seether
saliva
puddle of mudd
godsmack
five finger death punch
36 crazyfists
drowning pool
slipknot
halestorm
three days grace
papa roach
devildriver
drowning pool
chimaira
winds of plague
atreyu
killswitch engage
nickelback
shinedown
trapt
sevendust
buckcherry

The Green and Black
05-08-2010, 11:43 PM
lamb of god
disturbed
korn
whitechapel
pantera
seether
saliva
puddle of mudd
godsmack
five finger death punch
36 crazyfists
drowning pool
slipknot
halestorm
three days grace
papa roach
devildriver
drowning pool
chimaira
winds of plague
atreyu
killswitch engage
nickelback
shinedown
trapt
sevendust
buckcherry

hahahahaha now I have not seen any of these bands, atleast not by choice, sometimes I can't help if they were openers for good bands, which happens sometimes. Although I did see Buckcherry by choice, many years ago before they were so popular. It was when their first album was out.

Edit: oops, I didn't notice Pantera on this list. I saw them too, by choice. :D

Wizzbang11
05-08-2010, 11:53 PM
lamb of god
disturbed
korn
whitechapel
pantera
seether
saliva
puddle of mudd
godsmack
five finger death punch
36 crazyfists
drowning pool
slipknot
halestorm
three days grace
papa roach
devildriver
drowning pool
chimaira
winds of plague
atreyu
killswitch engage
nickelback
shinedown
trapt
sevendust
buckcherry

I'd agree but I've seen quite a few of those bands.
Chimaira is awful, there is much worse out there. I didn't mind Slipknot that much either :eyes:

hahaha, Puddle of Mud.

The Green and Black
05-09-2010, 12:46 AM

Winger
Ratt
Twisted Sister
Trixter
Slaughter
L.A. Guns
Firehouse
Nelson

On second thought, if this is shit, then what the hell do you call THIS

Do you dare to admit to these? WTF? What are ya gonna do? Hunt me down and kill me? To the haters!: :finger2: :D

Some of mine include:
Backstreet Boys
Adam Lambert
Vanilla Ice
Christina Angulara(sp)
Madonna
Culture Club
Duran Duran
Men At Work
MC Hammer

Well, there's a few. How about you?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chyck
05-09-2010, 05:08 AM
I finally get it! If it plays on the radio, Manky will hate it. :D

ravenheart
05-09-2010, 05:35 AM
Ratt
L.A. Guns

Seen both of these. Didn't think I'd like Ratt, but they were great. So I saw them again the year after.

Seeing Winger in June.

lamb of god
pantera
godsmack
slipknot
chimaira
nickelback
shinedown

Would happily see all of these (and have in fact seen Shinedown once, Slipknot twice and LoG twice).

Three from your list I have seen, and they did suck, are KoRn, Sevendust and Disturbed.

mastodon421
05-09-2010, 05:59 AM
Emmure
Bring Me The Horizon
Cradle Of Filth
Rose Funeral
Impending Doom
broKENcyde
Asking Alexandria
Breathe Carolina
Trivium
Hinder
Papa Roach
Chelsea Grin
Jeffree Star
Attack Attack
Inhale Exhale
Halestorm
I See Stars
Dr.Acula
Shipwreck A.D
In Fear and Faith
Dance Gavin Dance
Waking The Cadaver
Suffokate
Underoath
Architects
Scary Kids Scaring Kids

makethemsuffer12
05-09-2010, 06:07 AM
Trivium

:(

ravenheart
05-09-2010, 06:46 AM
Emmure
Impending Doom
Asking Alexandria
Breathe Carolina
Chelsea Grin
Jeffree Star
Inhale Exhale
I See Stars
Dr.Acula
Shipwreck A.D
In Fear and Faith
Dance Gavin Dance
Waking The Cadaver
Suffokate
Scary Kids Scaring Kids

I don't even know who these bands are.

Cynicist
05-09-2010, 06:54 AM

I was gonna say the same :lol:

but I think it's safe to say I wouldn't want to see any of them.

JuuKun
05-09-2010, 06:59 AM
Dr.Acula

I saw them last year cause one of my friends needed a ride and I wanted to go to a show. They really weren't bad. The local openers were all horrible, but Dr. Acula weren't really too bad. They only played for like 20 minutes, though, even though they were headlining. I was so confused, since it was a shorter set than even the first opener.

mastodon421
05-09-2010, 07:18 AM

Trust me you don't want to.

undergroundrage
05-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Trivium

They fucking own it live.

ChildrenofSodom
05-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Jesus Christ guys...what tours have you seen besides festivals that have that many bands?

ChildrenofSodom
05-09-2010, 09:56 AM
My ultimate shit tour:

3OH!3
Primus
Necro
Impending Doom
Insane Clown Posse

mankvill
05-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Scary Kids Scaring Kids

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I HATE THIS BAND SO HARD

PlaysWithKnives
05-28-2010, 02:18 PM
The posibilities are endless. A few of these bands I've unfortunatly seen live. Korn, pap roach, suicide silence, white chapel, pretty much anything deathcore, limp biscit, rage against the machine, fall out boy, in this moment, slipknot, mudvayne, avenged sevenfold, atreyu, linkin park, crazy town, 311. That's enough for now.

Indestructible
05-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Cannibal Corpse
Behemoth
Napalm Death
Job For A Cowboy
Gwar
Suicide Silence
Whitechaple
Born of Osiris
The Redcord
The number Twelve looks like you
Limb Biskit
Devil Wears Prada

Indestructible
05-28-2010, 02:58 PM
in this moment, slipknot, mudvayne

What wrong with these.

IrritatedTrout
05-28-2010, 02:59 PM
They suck.

makethemsuffer12
05-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Cannibal Corpse
Behemoth
Napalm Death
Job For A Cowboy
Gwar
Suicide Silence
Whitechaple
Born of Osiris
The Redcord
Limb Biskit
Devil Wears Prada

Oh yea, this is why I hate you.
And then to go off and say that there's nothing wrong with In This Moment and Mudvayne...

Indestructible
05-28-2010, 03:00 PM
lamb of god
disturbed
pantera
saliva
godsmack
five finger death punch
slipknot
halestorm
three days grace
devildriver
killswitch engage
shinedown
sevendust
buckcherry

Whats wrong with these bands

makethemsuffer12
05-28-2010, 03:03 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGHF292xUCQ

Become enlightened.

PlaysWithKnives
05-28-2010, 03:34 PM
What wrong with these.
Let me count the ways I hate slipknot. They are utter noise. Screaming and pounding is all they sound like when I hear them. and they are really stupid looking. And they have no talent. Corey taylor should stick with stone sour. That's actually good stuff. As far as in this moment, I saw them when they toured with megadeth a few years back. I could not wait for that screaming bitch to leave the stage. A nice pair of tits can only take so far. As for mudvayne. Well they're mudvayne. Would you like to ask anything else Mr. Indestructible?

xStructualDefect
05-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Oh yea, this is why I hate you.
And then to go off and say that there's nothing wrong with In This Moment and Mudvayne...

yeah dude because everyone has the same music tastes. i personally can't stand Behemoth and Cannibal Corpse's music either. gotta admit they're pretty good live tho.

PlaysWithKnives
05-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Some of those bands I like myself. But I forgot 5fdp. I liked them a little then I saw them live. That lead singer bag of douche really rubbed me the wrong way. He was fake and disingenuous. And the few good songs they actually have they hardly did. Their fans do not look like they belong at a metal show either. If it weren't for shadows fall I wouldent have gone.

makethemsuffer12
05-28-2010, 03:52 PM
yeah dude because everyone has the same music tastes. i personally can't stand Behemoth and Cannibal Corpse's music either. gotta admit they're pretty good live tho.

I just don't see how any self respecting metal fan can say that they think death metal bands are shit and then say that there is nothing wrong with utter shit like In This Moment. Exuse me for sounding like an elitist but that's just how I feel.

PowerMaiden
05-28-2010, 03:53 PM
from bands I know or actually have cd's (because most of the bands that you guys namned I don't even know)

Metallica
Dream Theater (unless the open for the lords, but I don't think I'Ll actually watch them, ok maybe 1 time out of my 6 shows)
Edguy
Blind Guardian
Ozzy (unfortunately he doesn't have it anymore live but I love him)
Judas Priest
Scorpions

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PlaysWithKnives
05-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Cannibal Corpse
Behemoth
Napalm Death
Job For A Cowboy
Gwar
Suicide Silence
Whitechaple
Born of Osiris
The Redcord
Limb Biskit
Devil Wears Prada
As I'm not a big fan of cannibal corpse, napalm death or gwar I have nothing against them. There is for sure a hell of a lot worse out there. I heard some behemoth and decided to explore them some. I was kind of enjoying them a couple months back until I got sidetracked with some other music. As for the rest of your list , yes they all suck. Alot

Maiden33
05-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Edguy
Blind Guardian

Two of my favorite bands. Do you wanna fight or something? :mad:

Just out of curiosity, what album(s) have you heard by each band?

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 04:39 PM
from bands I know or actually have cd's (because most of the bands that you guys namned I don't even know)

Metallica
Dream Theater (unless the open for the lords, but I don't think I'Ll actually watch them, ok maybe 1 time out of my 6 shows)
Edguy
Blind Guardian
Judas Priest
Scorpions

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

That would be a pretty damned good tour.

Do you even like metal? :lol: (I'll give you the Ozzy point though, he really is shit live these days - the rest however are absolutely not)

xStructualDefect
05-28-2010, 04:43 PM
I just don't see how any self respecting metal fan can say that they think death metal bands are shit and then say that there is nothing wrong with utter shit like In This Moment. Exuse me for sounding like an elitist but that's just how I feel.

eh understandable i guess. personally i think almost all death metal sounds the same and is just noise. and i've heard MANY death metal bands, maybe even more than you, but it just all sounds like noise and the same. i respect the bands for the influences though. i listen to alot of melodeath, and could listen to some tech death, but not death metal.

give me shit and call me a poser all you want, but i'd rather listen to Slipknot, Mudvayne, (dare i say it..?) some deathcore like Suicide Silence or All Shall Perish than death metal.

PowerMaiden
05-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Two of my favorite bands. Do you wanna fight or something? :mad:

Just out of curiosity, what album(s) have you heard by each band?

Edguy I have Hellfire Club & Mandrake , and I absolutely hate it way to much drama wanna be

Blind Guardian (who I saw once in concert) I have Follow The Blind, Imaginations From The Other Side & the Live one. Don't like power metal realy

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
05-28-2010, 04:44 PM
That would be a pretty damned good tour.

Do you even like metal? :lol: (I'll give you the Ozzy point though, he really is shit live these days - the rest however are absolutely not)

yeah I'm a metal head man for the last 25 years at least

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Maiden33
05-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Edguy I have Hellfire Club & Mandrake , and I absolutely hate it way to much drama wanna be

Blind Guardian (who I saw once in concert) I have Follow The Blind, Imaginations From The Other Side & the Live one. Don't like power metal realy

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Yeah, I guess if you've heard Hellfire Club, Mandrake, Imaginations, and Live - you have pretty much nowhere else to go.
As much as I think they are one of the genre's best bands, I'm not sure Blind Guardian are really the best representative of "power metal". They are a really nice hybrid of classic speed/power metal, with some orchestral, folk, and progressive elements mixed in. I've met power metal fans that just can't get into Blind Guardian.
What exactly do you mean about Edguy: "way too much drama wanna be" ?

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Slipknot, Mudvayne, (dare i say it..?)

Me too.

some deathcore like Suicide Silence or All Shall Perish than death metal.

Not this though, you're just broken :lol: ;)

Seriously though, I do not like death metal as a general principle. I'm sure some of the less generic ones are very good at what they do, I just don't like what they do. That's why I don't even attempt to review death metal bands. It'd be pointless.

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 04:50 PM

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Just listen to Rhapsody of Fire a couple of times. They're so gay you'll suddenly find Edguy and Blind Guardian the most metal things you've ever heard ;)

PowerMaiden
05-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I guess if you've heard Hellfire Club, Mandrake, Imaginations, and Live - you have pretty much nowhere else to go.
As much as I think they are one of the genre's best bands, I'm not sure Blind Guardian are really the best representative of "power metal". They are a really nice hybrid of classic speed/power metal, with some orchestral, folk, and progressive elements mixed in. I've met power metal fans that just can't get into Blind Guardian.
What exactly do you mean about Edguy: "way too much drama wanna be" ?

I find that every (or almost every) songs of Edguy they try to put way to much drama vibe into them, like it's the end of the world or something and the lead singer doesn't help. By the way I find the same anoying thing about the last couple of Iced Earth records

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

xStructualDefect
05-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Seriously though, I do not like death metal as a general principle. I'm sure some of the less generic ones are very good at what they do, I just don't like what they do. That's why I don't even attempt to review death metal bands. It'd be pointless.

same here. i've tried to get into death metal bands so many times, but it does nothing for me. like you said i'm sure they're really good at what they do. i respect bands like Cannibal Corpse though for being such a big influence.

this being said i enjoy death metal shows.

Maiden33
05-28-2010, 04:54 PM
I find that every (or almost every) songs of Edguy they try to put way to much drama vibe into them, like it's the end of the world or something and the lead singer doesn't help. By the way I find the same anoying thing about the last couple of Iced Earth records

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

... I don't get it. :lol:

And Tobias Sammet is widely considered the power metal equivalent to Bruce Dickinson. :D

PowerMaiden
05-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Just listen to Rhapsody of Fire a couple of times. They're so gay you'll suddenly find Edguy and Blind Guardian the most metal things you've ever heard ;)

:lol:

I heard them once, I started running in the oposite direction

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 04:55 PM
By the way I find the same anoying thing about the last couple of Iced Earth records

That's different though. If Jon Schaffer ever managed consistency over three consecutive albums, the World actually would end.

I'm glad you sign all your posts "PowerMaiden", by the way. Your username at the top of each post would be enough for me to know it was you otherwise :lol: ;)

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 04:56 PM
... I don't get it. :lol:

And Tobias Sammet is widely considered the power metal equivalent to Bruce Dickinson. :D

Only by you and G&B. And in the case of the latter, only when wearing a frilly shirt. Him not her. ;)

Maiden33
05-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Only by you and G&B. And in the case of the latter, only when wearing a frilly shirt. Him not her. ;)

Nah, I've definitely heard that phrase and reputation all over the place. I certainly was not the first person I know to ever say it. Not even close.

PowerMaiden
05-28-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm glad you sign all your posts "PowerMaiden", by the way. Your username at the top of each post would be enough for me to know it was you otherwise :lol: ;)

I'm not about to stop that buddy ;)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 05:04 PM
I've only ever heard him regarded as "another good singer".

I'm a fan, for sure. But he's nowhere near in Bruce's regard. And I've never heard him mentioned as such, even in Europe where he's far more popular than anywhere else.

Maiden33
05-28-2010, 05:06 PM
I've only ever heard him regarded as "another good singer".

I'm a fan, for sure. But he's nowhere near in Bruce's regard. And I've never heard him mentioned as such, even in Europe where he's at his most popular.

I don't know what to say. :lol:
Just believe me when I say I have heard that phrase a good number of times, and me saying it has nothing to do with rampant fanboyism. I generally believe that statement. Combination of his voice and stage presence really. In the field of traditional power metal there aren't many (if any) better IMO. Not the best live singer though, but hey - that makes him that much closer to Bruce. :D

makethemsuffer12
05-28-2010, 05:08 PM
eh understandable i guess. personally i think almost all death metal sounds the same and is just noise. and i've heard MANY death metal bands, maybe even more than you, but it just all sounds like noise and the same. i respect the bands for the influences though. i listen to alot of melodeath, and could listen to some tech death, but not death metal.

give me shit and call me a poser all you want, but i'd rather listen to Slipknot, Mudvayne, (dare i say it..?) some deathcore like Suicide Silence or All Shall Perish than death metal.

I don't think you're a poser. As long as you respect the bands, then that's cool. I respect bands like Whitechapel and All Shall Perish because I think that they are great at what they do. But do I like them? Not really, with the exception of maybe a couple songs (hell I kind of like one Suicide Silence song). At the end of the day, bands that truly deserve respect should get it (ephasis on the deserve).

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 05:08 PM
rampant fanboyism

;) :lol:

Butcher of Birth
05-28-2010, 05:34 PM
Awesome Possum Tour 2011
Papa Roach
Flyleaf
5 Finger Death Punch
Hinder

xStructualDefect
05-28-2010, 05:39 PM
I don't think you're a poser. As long as you respect the bands, then that's cool. I respect bands like Whitechapel and All Shall Perish because I think that they are great at what they do. But do I like them? Not really, with the exception of maybe a couple songs (hell I kind of like one Suicide Silence song). At the end of the day, bands that truly deserve respect should get it (ephasis on the deserve).

i really respect that post. because in the end, everyone has different music tastes and everyone should respect that. not everyone is going to enjoy death metal, power metal, etc. hell not everyone enjoys metal in general and prefer something else. majority of metalheads will just say or at least think "that band sucks, you're an idiot for listening to them and have horrible music tastes, my music (or metal) is better." but yeah not all bands deserve respect, such as Bring Me The Horizon, Emmure, etc. i'm not a fan of Maiden, Megadeth, Napalm Death, Suffocation, but i sure do respect them.

b_halperin
05-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Asking Alexandria
Born of Osiris
Kittie
Stick to Your Guns
Impending Doom
Through the Eyes of the Dead
Evergreen Terrace
Greeley Estates
Periphery
Motion in White
Chelsea Grin

phew, well at least no group of demented people have put their minds together to create a show so terrible as that..

i bet if they did they'd try to desperately squeeze money out of us by labeling it a Thrash tour.. :D

o wait...

JRA
05-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Deftones
Linkin Park
Slipknot
Limp Bizkit
Opeth

youngandaspiring
05-30-2010, 01:44 PM
:rocker:

Dawwwwwwnwnwnnnnn of Victoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

daimonos
05-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Deftones
Linkin Park
Slipknot
Limp Bizkit
Opeth

A bit odd seeing them with those other bands :lol:

idrinkwine732
05-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Bros and Breakdowns Tour:
Five Finger Death Punch
Hatebreed
Whitechapel
Job for a Cowboy

daimonos
05-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Bros and Breakdowns Tour:
Five Finger Death Punch
Hatebreed
Whitechapel
Job for a Cowboy

You forgot the hardasses from Emmure!:boxer:

JRA
05-30-2010, 03:29 PM

Metallica
Edguy
Blind Guardian
Judas Priest
Scorpions

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

You are batshit insane.

makethemsuffer12
05-30-2010, 03:32 PM
I'm sick of how JFAC keeps getting grouped in with these deathcore/breakdown bands. They only have ONE deathcore release, and it's only a 7 song EP. Everything since then has been death metal, like it or not.

mastodon421
05-30-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm sick of how JFAC keeps getting grouped in with these deathcore/breakdown bands. They only have ONE deathcore release, and it's only a 7 song EP. Everything since then has been death metal, like it or not.

:agree:

idrinkwine732
05-30-2010, 05:49 PM
No, it's still deathcore. It's just has fewer breakdowns.

idrinkwine732
05-30-2010, 05:51 PM
You forgot the hardasses from Emmure!:boxer:

Ssssshhhhhhhhhh! They're rumored to headline the second leg with support from Chelsea Grin, Rose Funeral and the reunited Despised Icon.

MPF
05-30-2010, 06:08 PM
Shit Fest 2011:

Main Shit Stage:
Korn
Limp Bizkit
Insane Clown Posse
Kottonmouth Kings
Emmure

2nd Shittier Stage
Papa Roach
Hinder
Saliva
Atreyu
Justin Beiber

3rd Shittiest Stage:
Heavy Heavy Low Low
Rose Funeral
Attack Attack!
Brokencyde
Vampires Everywhere!

idrinkwine732
05-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Insane Clown Posse

What?????? You're calling them shit? You mean to tell me, the band with excellent lyrical content such as "Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?" and "Fuckin' rainbows after it rains", not to forget one of the most emotionally touching moments in all of music history in "magic everywhere in this bitch" is shitty?

Shame on you. Shame on you.

MPF
05-30-2010, 06:23 PM
What?????? You're calling them shit? You mean to tell me, the band with excellent lyrical content such as "Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?" and "Fuckin' rainbows after it rains", not to forget one of the most emotionally touching moments in all of music history in "magic everywhere in this bitch" is shitty?

Shame on you. Shame on you.

Might be shame on me, but excellent lyrics don't make up for shitty music.

*my god, I can't believe I just said ICP has excellent lyrics. Even if I was being sarcastic, I feel like a tool*

makethemsuffer12
05-30-2010, 07:14 PM
No, it's still deathcore. It's just has fewer breakdowns.

The ignorance of some people...

idrinkwine732
05-30-2010, 08:03 PM

Oh come on. So many people drank that kool aid when Genesis came out, the sound didn't change the way people make it seem like it did.

daimonos
05-30-2010, 08:24 PM

Yeah but honestly if I want to listen to Death Metal I'm going to listen to any of the other 500 Death Metal bands that are better ;)