PDA

View Full Version : YOB/Acrassicauda Free Scion Shows @ Atlanta and LA

larvtard
05-07-2010, 04:10 PM
http://www.scion.com/metalshow/

Wednesday June 9 in Atlanta

Thursday June 10 in LA

----

I feel like I should go to the Atlanta show because it's free and all, and I don't see very many metal shows during the year, but I hate YOB (boring as hell) and Acrassicauda sucks :finger2:

Also...that very same night there is an Anal Cunt show at some bar or whatnot. It would be my first 18+ show :eek:
I've listened to some Anal Cunt, liked it enough, I haven't heard too much of them though... Anyone seen them live?

What do you suggest I go to?

rjturtle9
05-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Anal Cunt!!!!!

ADD
05-07-2010, 09:46 PM
I hate YOB (boring as hell)

It would be my first 18+ show :eek:
I've listened to some Anal Cunt, liked it enough

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_h8a2DmEdrtU/SFRUCEe2L0I/AAAAAAAAAl8/AHz_Eazymgs/s1600/darkthrone-foad.jpg

mankvill
05-07-2010, 10:19 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_h8a2DmEdrtU/SFRUCEe2L0I/AAAAAAAAAl8/AHz_Eazymgs/s1600/darkthrone-foad.jpg

:lol:

I have to agree with Addi on this one.

elturtleboy
05-08-2010, 01:19 PM
i dont care what anyone says. ANAL CUNT is the best band in the world:wow:. I would die to see them,but im sure were ur gonna see em its cheap anywho right? Who they playing with? Id fuckin go if i was you. YOB and all sludge/stoner metal is boring. Acrassicauda is ok from what ive heard.

larvtard
05-08-2010, 02:26 PM
i dont care what anyone says. ANAL CUNT is the best band in the world:wow:. I would die to see them,but im sure were ur gonna see em its cheap anywho right? Who they playing with? Id fuckin go if i was you. YOB and all sludge/stoner metal is boring. Acrassicauda is ok from what ive heard.

yeah I was thinking about the Anal Cunt show for a while, before YOB was announced anyway. It's 10 bucks in advance, 12 at door..so yep, pretty damn cheap

Though, I'm sure they'll end after midnight because the first band starts at 945... My friend has a class c license so he has no curfew, but still I doubt my parents will be cool with me being out so late... hahaha they're weird like that

@ rjturtle, thanks for the quick feedback...

@ ADD, sorry, I don't get it :confused: perhaps you were making fun of the fact I said I hate the bands but was still considering going? Well, I forgot to mention my brother (who is not 18) wants to go, so I would have to go with him. And if Anal Cunt was out of the picture, I may go regardless, being as it's free entertainment. The bands are probably decent live anyway

DethMaiden
05-08-2010, 02:30 PM
The bands are probably decent live anyway

Worst two bands I saw at Scion by far.

Chyck
05-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Anal Cunt all the way. I wouldn't bother with YOB and Acraican'tspellthisoneeither even if it was in my home town and free. They're very underwhelming.

xStructualDefect
05-08-2010, 03:00 PM
does YOB stand for anything? never heard of the other band either. never listened to Anal Cunt but heard alot about them. and i agree with elturtleboy, most sludge/doom metal is boring. i gave it another chance when i was stoned, still boring.

Crionics
05-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Acrassicauda sucks :finger2:

Well, their nothing special, but I wouldn't say they "Suck."

larvtard
05-08-2010, 06:53 PM
I wouldn't bother with YOB and Acraican'tspellthisoneeither even if it was in my home town and free. They're very underwhelming.

underwhelming live, you mean? on album I kinda got that impression...well, I did get that impression. Not kinda

@crionics, well, "return to baghdad" is great (even though the guy's voice is annoying as hell) but their other songs just fucking blow

thanks everyone else for the feedback.

jotun2graveland
05-08-2010, 08:39 PM
I saw YOB a few months ago, and they weren't as bad as people are making them seem. However, I can see why a lot of people here wouldn't like them, seeing as they play a lot of the same riffs over and over again for 10-20 minutes a song.

DethMaiden
05-08-2010, 08:41 PM
I saw YOB a few months ago, and they weren't as bad as people are making them seem. However, I can see why a lot of people here wouldn't like them, seeing as they play a lot of the same riffs over and over again for 10-20 minutes a song.

Yeah, and contrary to a few posts on this thread, that is NOT what all sludge and stoner metal sounds like. They just execute it poorly in my opinion.

ChildrenofSodom
05-08-2010, 08:52 PM
I like Acrassicauda live...except they were fucking dicks during soundcheck. Took 3xs as long as it should have.

I didn't like YOB though. They were very arrogant on stage, especially with their stupid faux-Eastern zen hand motions.

larvtard
05-08-2010, 09:01 PM
so I'm listening to Anal Cunt's It Just Gets Worse...

...and....

it's killer background music. That being said, all but perhaps five of the 38 songs sound exactly the same. And I do listen to grindcore. This brand of grind is just executed a bit poorly than most, it seems.

So yeah, maybe I should reconsider the show... I mean a grind show will be awesome but I'd rather not waste my money, being that I plan to go other shows this summer. Maybe I should listen to another album of theirs, but SHIT, they're already in my top artists on last.fm and have surpassed the almighty Mastodon...

Wizzbang11
05-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Go to AC just for the experience.
It's not good, but it's funny, and I enjoy quite a bit of the blur/noise stuff.

Wizzbang11
05-08-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm sure they'll end after midnight because the first band starts at 945...

I dunno man, Anal Cunt do like 20 min shows :D

ADD
05-08-2010, 09:46 PM
They were very arrogant on stage, especially with their stupid faux-Eastern zen hand motions.

:confused: Mike's a way down to earth guy and I didn't notice any "faux-Eastern" hand motions (as if you could distinguish between that and an "authentic Eastern zen", or how bout a Western zen hand motion, damn). YOB are one of the premier doom metal bands in my opinion, but I totally understand the ADD generation rejecting them. It ain't Sleep/Weedeater catchy groovy riff doom.

DethMaiden
05-08-2010, 09:48 PM
:confused: Mike's a way down to earth guy and I didn't notice any "faux-Eastern" hand motions (as if you could distinguish between that and an "authentic Eastern zen", or how bout a Western zen hand motion, damn). YOB are one of the premier doom metal bands in my opinion, but I totally understand the ADD generation rejecting them. It ain't Sleep/Weedeater catchy groovy riff doom.

I don't have a problem with long or repetitive songs. Hell, I thought the best band at Scion was Pelican. I just don't think it's well-executed. I guess I probably just don't "get it."

ADD
05-08-2010, 09:49 PM
I don't have a problem with long or repetitive songs. Hell, I thought the best band at Scion was Pelican. I just don't think it's well-executed. I guess I probably just don't "get it."
Clearly if you thought Pelican was rad :D Now that is some boring ass music, even for that style. As for execution, they're damn solid musicians, don't see that.

DethMaiden
05-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Clearly if you thought Pelican was rad :D Now that is some boring ass music, even for that style. As for execution, they're damn solid musicians, don't see that.

:lol: I love Pelican, so to each his own.

I just find YOB's songwriting really goddamn boring. Maybe if the riff that was going on for 10 minutes was awesome I'd find it listenable, but it was a lot of just decent riffs being played for what felt like hours. Can't account for taste though I suppose.

ADD
05-08-2010, 09:57 PM
:lol: I love Pelican, so to each his own.

I just find YOB's songwriting really goddamn boring. Maybe if the riff that was going on for 10 minutes was awesome I'd find it listenable, but it was a lot of just decent riffs being played for what felt like hours. Can't account for taste though I suppose.
Word. Here's a song of theirs I'm sure you can get behind though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ_WjjdLGb0

ChildrenofSodom
05-08-2010, 09:59 PM

In my opinion, they were boring live, and the praise they got from the crowd was undeserved. Again, my opinion....and you and I weren't at the same show, so maybe he decided to do that stupid hand stuff only in Columbus.

larvtard
05-08-2010, 10:03 PM
I dunno man, Anal Cunt do like 20 min shows :D

hahaha what's the point of even going then? but I'll take your advice into consideration, thanks man :)

mankvill
05-08-2010, 10:37 PM
I just remember watching a live anal cunt stream online and they said one song was about playing your band's demo on a box at the beach called "Playing My Band's Demo On A Box At The Beach" and that made me laugh really hard for some reason.

Chyck
05-09-2010, 06:13 AM
underwhelming live, you mean? on album I kinda got that impression...well, I did get that impression. Not kinda

At least in the case of Acrassicauda, yes. I wasn't expecting "teh most amayzin' set evar," but I definitely received one of the most lackluster performances of 2010 from them. I didn't see YOB, and by Scion accounts, am glad I made the right decision.

elturtleboy
05-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Scions worst show ever was Black Dahlia Murder.those guys suck.
Anal Cunt,pssh id pay 20 bucks for 20 minutes,thats how much i love em.
It Just Gets Worst is an amzing cd,plus u should also listen to Top 40 Hits

GameFreac
05-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Sludge Rules. YOB rules. Go see YOB.

I'll be there and I can't wait.

jotun2graveland
05-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Yeah, and contrary to a few posts on this thread, that is NOT what all sludge and stoner metal sounds like. They just execute it poorly in my opinion.

I'll agree with you that there's quite a lot of sludge and stoner metal bands that don't sound anything like YOB. And in regards to bands that have long, repetitive songs, I'd probably go with Om as one of my top favorites.