PDA

View Full Version : Deftones - Diamond Eyes

300%_Density
05-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Listening to it right now. Songs that I like right of are: Diamond Eyes, Cmnd/Ctrl & Rocket Skates so far. Thoughts? Opinions?

MPF
05-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Best album since White Pony.

Than again there's only 3 songs I liked on the S/T release and I hated Saturday Night Wrist.

xStructualDefect
05-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Best album since White Pony.

This.

i love this album. i've had it for a 2 weeks or so already and gave it about 10 listens in the first few days. my favorites have to be Diamond Eyes, Beauty School, and Sextape.

def my favorite of 2010 so far.

undergroundrage
05-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Never been a big fan of Deftones, but friends of mine are so I found it for them a few months back (no joke). I gave it a couple listens. It's better than anything they've done since White Pony. Best song on the album is You've Seen The Butcher.

mankvill
05-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Hears Rocket Skates on the MusicChoice channel. Sounded exactly what I remember Deftones sounding like. I promptly switched the channel.

undergroundrage
05-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Hears Rocket Skates on the MusicChoice channel. Sounded exactly what I remember Deftones sounding like. I promptly switched the channel.

Why you base musical opinions on 'musicchoice' is beyond me...

Even if the band is good that they are playing, it's rarely one of their better songs.

mankvill
05-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Why you base musical opinions on 'musicchoice' is beyond me...

Even if the band is good that they are playing, it's rarely one of their better songs.

?

I heard one of the songs, what's wrong about that? :confused:

undergroundrage
05-06-2010, 12:29 PM
?

I heard one of the songs, what's wrong about that? :confused:

I'm just saying, for MusicChoice in general. It's a horrible format to base opinions on.

mankvill
05-06-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm just saying, for MusicChoice in general. It's a horrible format to base opinions on.

:confused::confused::confused:

mastodon421
05-06-2010, 01:55 PM

Thats a puzzling statement. How can hearing a song on Music Choice give you no right to form an opnion on the song? Anyways I am not really a Deftones fan but with the postive buzz on this album I will check it out.

undergroundrage
05-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Thats a puzzling statement. How can hearing a song on Music Choice give you no right to form an opnion on the song? Anyways I am not really a Deftones fan but with the postive buzz on this album I will check it out.

My comment before I thought explained it. I was just saying even when MusicChoice plays a good band (which is like 1/10 maybe?) it's usually not even one of the bands better songs (case in point, Rocket Skates from Deftones). So it's horrible to base opinions from that channel seeing as they don't show you the best a band has to offer.

I never said it gave someone no right to form an opinion. I just said it's not a good source.

300%_Density
05-06-2010, 03:24 PM
After alot closer listens I am def loving this album probably as much as any album since White Pony. I liked a few songs on their S/T, & wasn't a big fan of SNW but I am def liking Diamond Eyes. Favorite song would have to be CMND/CTRL. They are using heavy riffs that they really haven't used in several years. And it doesn't seem like they are using as much of the electronic/ambient-type stuff that has been on the last few albums. Might be heaviest album since Around The Fur. Very good album!!!!

converge241
05-13-2010, 06:12 PM
I have been listening to it a lot since it came out, only thing to get me off a non stop diet lately of Crystal Castles and White Wizzard, and think its the best one of theirs since Around The Fur. ATF is way up there for me, so I like the album a lot.

Fav songs are

Youve Seen The Butcher
Beauty School
Diamond Eyes
CMD/CTL
Sextape

Epidemic Reign
05-14-2010, 01:55 AM
I'm listening to it right now. It's good background music, for when I'm partaking in such activities as posting on web forums. However I'm afraid devoting all of my attention to this album might induce slumber.

jhdeity
05-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Start to finish, the best album of 2010 for me so far. I can't keep it out of my cd player. Sextape is the perfect summer, crusing to the beach song.

Here is the video of them performing the entire cd live. Crank it up and enjoy!

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/6681343

RustinPeace1113
05-28-2010, 12:21 AM
I hate to say it but Sextape is my favorite Deftones song in a long time. This is truly an amazing album.

jhdeity
05-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Yeah I own thousands of cd's and I can't think of any bigger difference in cd's from Saturday Night Wrist to Diamond Eyes. They actually recorded another cd called Eros in between and scrapped it so it was probably more like SNW. They called them heavy and weird. I wonder if those songs leaked? Would still like to check em out.

Chino said in an interview he purposely simplified the lyrics and put more thought into them. Whatever they did, it worked incredibly. Just got my tix for the Partriot Center show. I haven't driven to that place since Soundgarden back in 96 but I wasn't missing this show.

xStructualDefect
05-31-2010, 02:50 AM
i think in the last year or so Deftones have become my number one favorite band. the new album made me love them a lot more than i already did. maybe other fans of the band won't agree with me but this is their masterpiece and best album by them.

JLRedWing13
05-31-2010, 10:32 AM
Yeah I own thousands of cd's and I can't think of any bigger difference in cd's from Saturday Night Wrist to Diamond Eyes. They actually recorded another cd called Eros in between and scrapped it so it was probably more like SNW. They called them heavy and weird. I wonder if those songs leaked? Would still like to check em out.

Chino said in an interview he purposely simplified the lyrics and put more thought into them. Whatever they did, it worked incredibly. Just got my tix for the Partriot Center show. I haven't driven to that place since Soundgarden back in 96 but I wasn't missing this show.

Eros was not scrapped, it was put on hold when their bassist went into a coma from that accident.

mastodon421
06-02-2010, 07:13 AM
I finally got around to checking it out. It is pretty good. Wasn't expecting much because I am not really a Deftones fan. My fave tracks were You've Seen The Butcher,Beauty School and Diamond Eyes.

jhdeity
06-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Eros was not scrapped, it was put on hold when their bassist went into a coma from that accident.

Yeah I read that, I just wasn't optomistic that it would see the light of day.

Hopefully it will...

JLRedWing13
06-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Yeah I read that, I just wasn't optomistic that it would see the light of day.

Hopefully it will...

I have a feeling it will.