PDA

View Full Version : Full Tool intinerary for this summer...?

bt11763
05-04-2010, 07:46 AM
They posted the "full" tour dates, but i hope this isn't everything.

Sat 6/19 - New Orleans, LA @ UNO Arena
Sun 6/20 - Houston, TX @ Toyota Center
Tues 6/22 - Cedar Park, TX @ Cedar Park Center
Wed 6/23 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Ford Arena
Fri 6/25 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center
Sat 6/26 - St. Charles, MO @ Family Arena
Thur 7/1 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Center
Sun 7/4 - Winnipeg, MB @ MTS Centre
Mon 7/5 - Regina, SK @ Brandt Centre
Wed 7/7 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place
Fri 7/9 - Vancouver, BC @ GM Place
Mon 7/12 - San Francisco, CA @ Bill Graham Civic

tickets go on sale may 8th, and i hope they keep going.

then again, maybe it's best that i don't spend the money :tp:

Fires Of Sedition
05-04-2010, 07:50 AM
I really want to go to the OKC date, but NONE of my friends like Tool, and going to shows alone is boring to me. Damn my retarded ex girlfriend...

bt11763
05-04-2010, 08:56 AM
I really want to go to the OKC date, but NONE of my friends like Tool, and going to shows alone is boring to me. Damn my retarded ex girlfriend...

sounds like you need new friends.

and what is this about your ex?

undergroundrage
05-04-2010, 09:02 AM
another tour without FL dates...what the hell is going on?

bt11763
05-04-2010, 09:05 AM
another tour without FL dates...what the hell is going on?

yeah FL is completely fucked, but this whole tour hits the middle of nowhere minus one CA date, i mean seriously, two texas dates? TWO MISSOURI DATES??

TonyD
05-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Yeah that looks like a solid block of dates, that could be it.

undergroundrage
05-04-2010, 09:22 AM
yeah FL is completely fucked, but this whole tour hits the middle of nowhere minus one CA date, i mean seriously, two texas dates? TWO MISSOURI DATES??

It just seems as if every big tour skips this state now, outside of 'Rockstar' promoted events. I know this one is skipping most of the country, but...

You know last time I seen Tool was 2007 and they had 5 FL dates. Where is the REAL tour at guys? Unless you're hitting the studio to put out another Tool album right after this tour, I'll be fucking annoyed to say the least...

Fires Of Sedition
05-04-2010, 09:27 AM
sounds like you need new friends.

and what is this about your ex?

My ex loves Tool. I would have taken her to this show in a heartbeat. But she decided to do the emotional instead of logical girl thing and be a crazy idiot.

bt11763
05-04-2010, 09:29 AM
My ex loves Tool. I would have taken her to this show in a heartbeat. But she decided to do the emotional instead of logical girl thing and be a crazy idiot.

i feel you bro, bitches. :allan:

It just seems as if every big tour skips this state now, outside of 'Rockstar' promoted events. I know this one is skipping most of the country, but...

You know last time I seen Tool was 2007 and they had 5 FL dates. Where is the REAL tour at guys? Unless you're hitting the studio to put out another Tool album right after this tour, I'll be fucking annoyed to say the least...

and that fucking blows dude, but these tours are probably just to fill time in between the albums, i got lucky and saw them last year for free.

just gotta hang in there

Natrlhi
05-04-2010, 09:29 AM
I really want to go to the OKC date, but NONE of my friends like Tool, and going to shows alone is boring to me. Damn my retarded ex girlfriend...If I could teleport myself 1,100 miles and turn the calendar forward about two months, I'd be right there with ya, brother - but alas. :(

Fires Of Sedition
05-04-2010, 09:30 AM
If I could teleport myself 1,100 miles and turn the calendar forward about two months, I'd be right there with ya, brother - but alas. :(

If only we were capable of shit like that..

EDIT: This is my LEET (1337) post!

Natrlhi
05-04-2010, 09:55 AM
@ Fires: I think Manks wants to go with you.

mankvill
05-04-2010, 10:09 AM

"'Michael, how can you appreciate women so much, but also dump one of them?' You mean, how can I be so illogical and flighty and unpredictable and emotional? Well maybe I learned something from women after all."

Natrlhi
05-04-2010, 10:16 AM
logical girl thingTHERE IS NO SUCH FUCKING ANIMAL.

Fires Of Sedition
05-04-2010, 11:54 AM
@ Fires: I think Manks wants to go with you.

:lovedup:

"'Michael, how can you appreciate women so much, but also dump one of them?' You mean, how can I be so illogical and flighty and unpredictable and emotional? Well maybe I learned something from women after all."

Exactly,

THERE IS NO SUCH FUCKING ANIMAL.

My friends and I all figured this out the hard way.

mankvill
05-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Buy me my ticket and I'll go with you.

Here. Not there.

Natrlhi
05-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Buy me my ticket and I'll go with you.

Here. Not there.Shit. I know he's just fucking around, but I almost want to do this, just on principle. Fifty bucks or so to change someone's life? That's tempting. Because little does he know that one cannot go to a Tool show and walk out of there saying "that sucked" without being the world's greatest liar, or made of stone. I know he's not the former, and I hope he's not the latter. ;)

Uncle_Meat1940
05-04-2010, 01:20 PM
My buddy knows some chick that dated Maynard for around 10 years, they still keep in contact with each other so my buddy gets a lot of free Tool tickets, I probably won't be paying for this one. :)

SomewhereInTime72
05-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Sat 6/19 - New Orleans, LA @ UNO Arena

rose funeral confirmed as openers

Fires Of Sedition
05-04-2010, 01:30 PM
rose funeral confirmed as openers

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mankvill
05-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Shit. I know he's just fucking around, but I almost want to do this, just on principle. Fifty bucks or so to change someone's life? That's tempting. Because little does he know that one cannot go to a Tool show and walk out of there saying "that sucked" without being the world's greatest liar, or made of stone. I know he's not the former, and I hope he's not the latter. ;)

If you come here and pay for my ticket, I'll go with you too :D

bt11763
05-04-2010, 02:27 PM
just read on a third party site that even more are expected to be announced, which makes sense considering the markets they miss, but this guy isn't the most reputable source, so i'll keep my eyes open

Natrlhi
05-04-2010, 05:05 PM
If you come here and pay for my ticket, I'll go with you too :DQuiet, you - or imma do it and make you fulfill your destiny to become a Tool fan.

Uncle_Meat1940
05-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Honestly, I like Tool, but I agree that they are a little overrated. I probably wouldn't be seeing them this year if I didn't have the really good chance of a free ticket. My feelings may stem from the fact that I have/had a few friends who were OBSESSED with Tool and they played them all the time. It kinda killed them for me. : / At least on album that is.

bt11763
05-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Honestly, I like Tool, but I agree that they are a little overrated. I probably wouldn't be seeing them this year if I didn't have the really good chance of a free ticket. My feelings may stem from the fact that I have/had a few friends who were OBSESSED with Tool and they played them all the time. It kinda killed them for me. : / At least on album that is.

respectable, but have you seen them live?

Uncle_Meat1940
05-04-2010, 09:02 PM
I tried the last two times they came but they sold out before I could gather funds. I used to listen to them a fair amount. But I haven't listened to them by choice for over a year. Even after seeing them live I'll probably still be disappointed whenever my buddy throws them on when its his choice (Which I know will be happening a lot before and after the show *shudders*)

"Too much of a good thing will make you vomit"

Natrlhi
05-05-2010, 05:18 AM
I'm with BT on this. Seeing them live will undoubtedly heighten your level of interest. As I posted above, it's pretty hard to see them live and not be impressed, unless you're lying to yourself (i.e., acting like a hardass and saying "that was so meh"), or unless you're made of stone. If you already have somewhat of an interest, the effect will probably be all the more significant.

I do understand what you're saying about too much of a good thing, though. I myself even have to lay off some of my favorite stuff after I've been playing the hell out of it for a period of time - Tool included. Here's hoping that you re-discover your own interest in this amazing band on your own terms, and not because it was force-fed to you by some obsessed fans. They really are worth your attention - at least I think so. :fist:

Nick_to_the_face
05-05-2010, 05:33 AM
[QUOTE=bt11763;269697]They posted the "full" tour dates, but i hope this isn't everything.

Fri 6/25 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center

QUOTE]

:drool: Finally, im tired of bands skipping kansas city!

bt11763
05-05-2010, 07:10 AM
I'm with BT on this. Seeing them live will undoubtedly heighten your level of interest. As I posted above, it's pretty hard to see them live and not be impressed, unless you're lying to yourself (i.e., acting like a hardass and saying "that was so meh"), or unless you're made of stone. If you already have somewhat of an interest, the effect will probably be all the more significant.

I do understand what you're saying about too much of a good thing, though. I myself even have to lay off some of my favorite stuff after I've been playing the hell out of it for a period of time - Tool included. Here's hoping that you re-discover your own interest in this amazing band on your own terms, and not because it was force-fed to you by some obsessed fans. They really are worth your attention - at least I think so. :fist:

beat me to it

Uncle_Meat1940
05-05-2010, 01:39 PM

I agree with you man, but there's just so many other people coming that I want to see I don't think I can afford or justify the 70 -80 dollar ticket, unless I get it for fee, I would rather put the money towards Roger Waters or something better. Tool has never been a big thing for me unlike Rush, Primus, Waters, Phish, etc.

ADD
05-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Fuckin Ticketmaster box office doesn't open til 11 on sundays and tickets go on sale at 10, will be gone by 10:05 or earlier. Gonna be like $80+ with Ticketcunt charges. Probably will work out better if I roll up day of the show and try to scalp one. Tough to pass up Maiden, Tool and Rush in the same summer, even tougher to actually pull it off.

Uncle_Meat1940
05-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Don't get me started dude, I'm seeing 150+ bands this summer. Fucked up thing is I've already paid for most of it.

ADD
05-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Don't get me started dude, I'm seeing 150+ bands this summer. Fucked up thing is I've already paid for most of it.
Well your summer is gonna be rad, remember you can always pay later thats the America way :D Didn't know P-Funk is still playing, couldn't be the same without Hazel but that seems like a rad show, especially when stacked against all that death mehtal you got listed there :tongue:

Uncle_Meat1940
05-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Well your summer is gonna be rad, remember you can always pay later thats the America way :D Didn't know P-Funk is still playing, couldn't be the same without Hazel but that seems like a rad show, especially when stacked against all that death mehtal you got listed there :tongue:

Ya I'm pretty excited for it. P-Funk is at 1st Avenue too so that makes it even cooler. Actually, That's how I've gotten most of my crazy expensive tickets like Maiden, Rush, Primus, Roger Waters (when they go on), etc is because my buddy is fuckin loaded so he just fronts me the money and I pay him back. I pay him back promptly so he never questions doing it again when another good show comes up. When I found out about Primus I called the guy and he was over in 20 minutes buying the tickets. haha

Its not all Metal, Summer Camp has a plethora of genres, some reputable names are *But aren't limited to*

moe.
Umphrey's McGee
Sound Tribe Sector 9
Gov't Mule
Zappa Plays Zappa
Yonder Mountain String Band
EOTO
Cornmeal
Victor Wooten
The New Mastersounds
Dumpstaphunk
Hot Buttered Rum
That 1 Guy
The Macpodz
Papadosio
The Hue

ADD
05-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Ya I'm pretty excited for it. P-Funk is at 1st Avenue too so that makes it even cooler. Actually, That's how I've gotten most of my crazy expensive tickets like Maiden, Rush, Primus, Roger Waters (when they go on), etc is because my buddy is fuckin loaded so he just fronts me the money and I pay him back. I pay him back promptly so he never questions doing it again when another good show comes up. When I found out about Primus I called the guy and he was over in 20 minutes buying the tickets. haha

Its not all Metal, Summer Camp has a plethora of genres, some reputable names are *But aren't limited to*

moe.
Umphrey's McGee
Sound Tribe Sector 9
Gov't Mule
Zappa Plays Zappa
Yonder Mountain String Band
EOTO
Cornmeal
Victor Wooten
The New Mastersounds
Dumpstaphunk
Hot Buttered Rum
That 1 Guy
The Macpodz
Papadosio
The Hue
Sweet setup

Uncle_Meat1940
05-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Hell ya dude, The schedule just got released today so I'm working on making my own schedule of what I want to go to and still have time to eat and what not.

DigMySpanky
05-06-2010, 06:45 AM
Dude, Vic Wooten, STS9, and Zappa Plays Zappa? Fucking sweet.

I'm going to Gathering Of the Vibes. I used to go to two festivals a year but I can't handle the hippies. Last year on Saturday they had P-Funk>Deep Banana Blackout>moe. Shit was insane especially when moe got rained out and we were stuck under the beer tent surrounded by lightning.

Have fun at Summer Camp.

Uncle_Meat1940
05-06-2010, 07:24 AM
Lol, moe. is playing like 7 sets over three days at SC. haha

Natrlhi
05-06-2010, 08:09 AM
Sound Tribe Sector 9
DO. NOT. MISS. THIS.

I'm serious. You will regret it if you do.

:D

DigMySpanky
05-06-2010, 10:14 AM
^ Cosign

mankvill
05-06-2010, 10:47 AM
www.wakarusa.com

:eyes:

Travis The Dragon
05-06-2010, 11:07 AM
I don't care how much I love a band. I would NEVER see a band whose lead singer didn't face the audience. I mean, WTF is up with that bullshit?

undergroundrage
05-06-2010, 11:21 AM
I don't care how much I love a band. I would NEVER see a band whose lead singer didn't face the audience. I mean, WTF is up with that bullshit?

Lets not dwell on 10 years ago now...

He faced the crowd since (at least) the 10,000 days tour. And why would that matter anyway? the whole show behind Tool would make you even forget that he's not right out in front. half the time, I wasn't even watching the band when I seen them live last.

Travis The Dragon
05-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Lets not dwell on 10 years ago now...

He faced the crowd since (at least) the 10,000 days tour. And why would that matter anyway? the whole show behind Tool would make you even forget that he's not right out in front. half the time, I wasn't even watching the band when I seen them live last.

That's cool that he quit doing it.

The same is true about Iron Maiden's whole show, but I can't even imagine Bruce not facing the audience.

mankvill
05-06-2010, 11:52 AM

The same is true about Iron Maiden's whole show, but I can't even imagine Bruce not facing the audience.

Iron Maiden isn't exactly the artsy-fartsy type that Tool is.

idrinkwine732
05-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Iron Maiden isn't exactly the artsy-fartsy type that Tool is.

You can be quiet.

undergroundrage
05-06-2010, 12:31 PM

Bruce is also high energy, running around the stage the whole time. He is what makes their shows fun to watch. What makes Tool fun to watch has everything to do with the light show and mood they set and not much to do with the guys on stage.

ADD
05-06-2010, 12:37 PM
I wish I was old enough to have seen Tool on the Aenima touring cycle, the Lateralus show was a trip but the 10,000 Days gigs were more or less like normal rock concerts, which is cool but their music lends itself to an aura of mystique and ritualism, including but not limited to the absence of a "frontman" figure prancing around the stage.

Natrlhi
05-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Iron Maiden isn't exactly the artsy-fartsy type that I believe Tool is, in my infinite capacity to judge that which I do not understand.Fixed.

Now...
http://www.b0dhi.com/gtfo.barker.jpg

ADD
05-06-2010, 12:51 PM
If aliens came and asked me for one album to give them I'd probably give them Lateralus.

mankvill
05-06-2010, 12:54 PM
If aliens came and asked me for one album to give them I'd probably give them Lateralus.

Men In Black soundtrack

ADD
05-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Men In Black soundtrack
http://funny.tehjunk.com/how_bout_no.jpg

Natrlhi
05-06-2010, 01:21 PM
^ I second that.

es156
05-06-2010, 04:11 PM

Our planet would be doomed.

:(

ADD
05-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Our planet would be doomed.

:(

:lol: :D Like we aren't doomed already :rolleyes: My second choice would be Tyranny and Mutation to make you feel better :tongue:

Uncle_Meat1940
05-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Don't worry, my schedule is already set up and I'm not missing a thing.

TonyD
05-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Men In Black soundtrack
I SAID COFFEE, BLACK
http://www.insideout.de/catalog/images/Ziltoid.jpg

TonyD
05-06-2010, 06:43 PM
This does not please the mighty Ziltoid.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/powerage225/ziltoid.jpg

es156
05-06-2010, 07:51 PM
:lol: :D Like we aren't doomed already :rolleyes: My second choice would be Tyranny and Mutation to make you feel better :tongue:

Just listened to that today.

:party:

mankvill
05-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Devin Townsend should make an account here and only post as Ziltoid.

TonyD
05-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Devin Townsend should make an account here and only post as Ziltoid.

Hit him up on twitter

Uncle_Meat1940
05-08-2010, 08:06 AM
Well, I got a ticket, I kinda regret it but oh well.

undergroundrage
05-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Well, I got a ticket, I kinda regret it but oh well.

Why would you regret it?

Uncle_Meat1940
05-08-2010, 09:59 AM
I don't think it's worth the money. I don't think I can put into words the feeling I get when someone plays Tool on album now. I've heard these songs too many fuckin times.

300%_Density
05-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Yes!!!! Floor seats for KC!!! 26 rows back. I'll take it!!!

ADD
05-08-2010, 08:47 PM
I don't think it's worth the money. I don't think I can put into words the feeling I get when someone plays Tool on album now. I've heard these songs too many fuckin times.

:bricks:

mankvill
05-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Yes!!!! Floor seats for KC!!! 26 rows back. I'll take it!!!

Buy my ticket and I'll be your date!

300%_Density
05-09-2010, 01:13 AM
Buy my ticket and I'll be your date!

My "sincerest" apologies but I have 2 other dates accompaning me. And I am still getting their $71 back. So they would be the best kind of date that pay their way. Hope you are taking notes.... Haha

300%_Density
06-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Has anybody heard anything as far as openers go for this yet since we are 9 days away from the first date?

JLRedWing13
06-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Has anybody heard anything as far as openers go for this yet since we are 9 days away from the first date?

There are openers for Tool? :confused:

300%_Density
06-12-2010, 09:15 PM
There are openers for Tool? :confused:

Yea. Tool is hit and miss on openers. Unfortunately I was stuck w/ a band called Trans-Am. Of course previously when I DIDN'T get to see them they've had Isis, Meshuggah, & Tommahawk. I'm trying to hope either they play like 2.5-3 hours or even decent support. Yet I'm not feelin good about either.

idrinkwine732
06-13-2010, 12:48 AM
Isis

...........................:boohoo::boohoo:

JLRedWing13
06-13-2010, 09:44 AM
If I pay that much....it would be just to see Tool. Any other band on the bill is just a bonus.

300%_Density
06-13-2010, 10:11 AM
...........................:boohoo::boohoo:

My apologies for opening what is probably a fresh wound. I apologize.

idrinkwine732
06-13-2010, 10:28 AM
My apologies for opening what is probably a fresh wound. I apologize.

I'm still bitter about having to miss their last show here...

300%_Density
06-13-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm still bitter about having to miss their last show here...

I've never listened to them before but from what I hear on here I should give them a listen.

mankvill
06-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Woven Hand is opening here

300%_Density
06-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Woven Hand is opening here

And that would be whom exactly?

mankvill
06-15-2010, 05:45 PM
And that would be whom exactly?

"David Eugene Edwards' Wovenhand, who will be releasing their seventh studio record "The Threshingfloor" on June 22nd on Sounds Familyre Records, will return to the road in the U.S. for a few select dates starting this Saturday, June 19th, supporting style-transcending progressive rock band Tool. Wovenhand will be joining Tool in Kansas City on June 25th at the Spirit Center."

300%_Density
06-15-2010, 05:55 PM
"David Eugene Edwards' Wovenhand, who will be releasing their seventh studio record "The Threshingfloor" on June 22nd on Sounds Familyre Records, will return to the road in the U.S. for a few select dates starting this Saturday, June 19th, supporting style-transcending progressive rock band Tool. Wovenhand will be joining Tool in Kansas City on June 25th at the Spirit Center."

And now Tool has struck out yet again w/ their openers. I won't bitch b/c its still Tool, but the Meshuggah/Tomahawk/Isis as openers seems light years ago. Damnit. But thanks for the warning nonetheless.