Scattered Remains, Splattered Brains
Pit Of Zombies
Make Them Suffer
Priests Of Sodom
Staring Through The Eyes Of The Dead
A Skull Full Of Maggots
Hammer Smashed Face
Stripped, Raped & Strangled

Those are all 100% except for Lecherous Nocturne. Way too beat up and tired to do a full write-up, I'll get to it tomorrow.

Lecherous Nocturne: 8/10
Skeletonwitch: 9.5/10
1349: 8.5/10
Cannibal Corpse: 9.5/10

mankvill
05-03-2010, 11:16 AM
What a perfect day for a concert. It was just starting to get cloudy and sprinkle before the doors opened to let in the crowd, so inside it wasn't very hot at all. Made for a great show with some amazing performances by all the bands.

First up was Lecherous Nocturne from South Carolina. They had great energy, but the sound was hit or miss for them for most of the set. Despite that, they were a technical death metal band in the vein of Portal, who I thought they sounded like at times. The vocalist did a good job at interacting with the crowd and had the ingenious idea to give away a copy of their new album to the person who kept the mosh pit going the longest during one of their songs. I bet they sound awesome on album, but I'd like to see them again and hear them better live.

It was my fifth time seeing Skeletonwitch live and although I wish they would've played for longer and added a few more songs, they absolutely killed me. Cannibal Corpse made a dire mistake taking them on this tour, because I was absolutely drained by the end of their performance. The sound was pretty great, and their playing was spot on. I always wreck my neck to Skeletonwitch and last night was no exception. Sacrifice to the Slaughtergod, Crushed Beyond Dust and, of course, Within My Blood were the perfect trifecta of headbanging of the night. Amazing.

A really awesome thing about this show was that it was exactly on time. None of the bands forced the crowd to wait longer than they had to, which was good because I figured 1349 would do that because Norwegian black metal bands tend to have a complex like that. Nope. They came out and despite a few sound problems during the first half of their set, they destroyed. Only one guitarist on this tour, but it really didn't matter. They just cranked up the bass and when it sounded good, it sounded REALLY good. I couldn't hear Frost's drums too much during the set which is a shame; I know what kind of talent he has. The rest of the band did a great job at invoking some sort of unholy spirit to guide us through a blistering set of pure black metal including one absolutely crushing rendition of Sculptor Of Flesh. The new stuff sounded great as well. They probably won't be back around these parts for a while, so I'm really glad I got to witness this spectacle.

Also my 5th time seeing Cannibal Corpse and all I can say is WOW. They really hit their back catalogue for this one. They started off the set with Scalding Hail from their newest album (and I think that's the first time I've heard that live) but most of the songs that followed were probably older than most of the crowd there in attendance. I Will Kill You, The Cryptic Stench, Scattered Remains, Splattered Brains and Devoured By Vermin were some of the best times I've ever had at a concert and Death Walking Terror, Disfigured, A Skull Full Of Maggots and, of course, Hammer Smashed Face still are absolutely crazy awesome. Lots of great Corpsegrinder moments, lots of crowd surfing, lots of pits, and lots of headbanging. What more can you ask for? Cannibal Corpse is on top of their game and on top of the current death metal world and with sets like these, they're going to stay there for a long time.

The_jman
05-03-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm not a huge death/black metal fan, but nice review.

Polock91
05-03-2010, 06:21 PM
I bet they sound awesome on album, but I'd like to see them again and hear them better live.

allegedly, theyre coming back around this October with Vader and Immolation

mankvill
05-03-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm not a huge death/black metal fan, but nice review.

Thanks! That means a lot. :D

@Polock: Awesome. If it comes here, maybe I'll try to get a better location so I can hear them better. :)

Butcher of Birth
05-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Skeletonwitch man! FTW!! WORD UP!!!!

The_jman
05-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Thanks! That means a lot. :D

@Polock: Awesome. If it comes here, maybe I'll try to get a better location so I can hear them better. :)
you're welcome. Sounds like you had a good time.

Nick_to_the_face
05-05-2010, 05:58 AM
This show was fucking incredible :D This was my first show in Lawrence and the Granada is great place to see show. There wasn't a bad band on the bill, and each one came out and kicked everyones ass.

Lecherous Nocturne was great. One of the best opening bands iv'e seen in a LONG time, the crowd actually reacted to them and seemed like they enjoyed them. The 2 or 3 dudes in the pit kept calling everyone up above pussies and i thougt that was fucking hilarious. 8/10

Next was Skeletonwitch. Before this show i never actually heard them but always heard great things about them...and now I see why. They fucking killed. The only problem was the vocals were weak up in front, other than that it was fucking great. 10/10

1349 was up next and never heard of them before so i had no idea what to expect. Then i saw the corpse paint and firgured they were black metal, still had no idea what to expect. If i had to judge all black metal shows on just them, i would go to more black metal shows. They came out, did there thing and kicked some ass. It took a little bit for the crowd to get moving but some curly haired guy finally got shit going. 8.5/10

I agree mankvill, that the great thing about this show was that everything was one time, no 30 minute set change, no delays, and no bullshit. Ive been to shows and had to wait for fucking ever for the next headliner to come on, but not this time. Cannibal Corpse came on in a matter of minutes and.....oh...my....god. 3rd time seeing Cannibal Corpse and this was BY FAR the best. This has to be one of the best shows ive been to. They came out totally destroyed. The crowd never stayed still, everyone was banging their head, moshing or doing something. They played a good mix of everything. Scattered Remains Splattered Brains was treat Priests of sodom was fucking killer. Would've liked to hear she was asking for it or vomit the soul, but im not complaing. Overall one of my favorite shows so far, fucking amazing.
15/10

And are you sure about the set Maks? the set i got at the show was different from what you posted.

mankvill
05-05-2010, 11:07 AM
And are you sure about the set Maks? the set i got at the show was different from what you posted.

Really the only songs I'm not entirely sure about are Murder Worship and Savage Butchery. What's the set you got?

killerclu
05-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Are they just not playing Pit of Zombies any more?:mad:

mankvill
05-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Are they just not playing Pit of Zombies any more?:mad:

I know for a fact they played Pit of Zombies at my show, so my setlist is wrong!

zomg!

mankvill
05-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Okay, I updated it. Should be the correct setlist now.

Nick_to_the_face
05-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Okay, I updated it. Should be the correct setlist now.

Ya thats the one i got. Did you hear the guy doing the sound check say "Nick esteban is in the house" Thats me :D

mankvill
05-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Ya thats the one i got. Did you hear the guy doing the sound check say "Nick esteban is in the house" Thats me :D

Very nice :party:

Nick_to_the_face
05-07-2010, 05:29 AM
Man, how long has Skeletonwitch been around? Cause this is the first time iv'e ever heard their music but ive heard of them alot

mankvill
05-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Man, how long has Skeletonwitch been around? Cause this is the first time iv'e ever heard their music but ive heard of them alot

About 2003, I think. In Feb. of 2008 I drove to Manhattan, KS on a school night to see them at a tiny pub and I've been hooked ever since.

Nick_to_the_face
05-10-2010, 05:40 AM
About 2003, I think. In Feb. of 2008 I drove to Manhattan, KS on a school night to see them at a tiny pub and I've been hooked ever since.

Ha Cannibal Corpse was on a school night to, i didnt go the next day, fuck that. But ya Skeleton Witch was pretty fuckin cool im gonna have to look into them some more.

By the way, did you know Corpse has been recording shows for a dvd thats coming out? but they didnt record us!! :mad: :mad:

mankvill
05-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Ha Cannibal Corpse was on a school night to, i didnt go the next day, fuck that. But ya Skeleton Witch was pretty fuckin cool im gonna have to look into them some more.

By the way, did you know Corpse has been recording shows for a dvd thats coming out? but they didnt record us!! :mad: :mad:

They were definitely recording us. I don't know if it was the whole show, but there was a girl with a camera shooting the band from the side for a couple songs and also putting cameras in front of the monitors facing the band. After the end when the band was shaking hands, she shot the crowd reactions too. I'd say we'd be on the new DVD. :D

Nick_to_the_face
05-11-2010, 01:22 PM
They were definitely recording us. I don't know if it was the whole show, but there was a girl with a camera shooting the band from the side for a couple songs and also putting cameras in front of the monitors facing the band. After the end when the band was shaking hands, she shot the crowd reactions too. I'd say we'd be on the new DVD. :D

I was told that they weren't, hopefully the guy was wrong. That would be fucking cool if we were, kc is never on dvds.....

Fires Of Sedition
05-11-2010, 01:37 PM
I was told that they weren't, hopefully the guy was wrong. That would be fucking cool if we were, kc is never on dvds.....

You bitches are in Lamb Of God's Walk With Me In Hell DVD

Nick_to_the_face
05-11-2010, 01:40 PM
You bitches are in Lamb Of God's Walk With Me In Hell DVD

Holy shit we are....i forgot that about that, it shows their show at the uptown theater, FUCK i wish i could have went to that :banghead:

Fires Of Sedition
05-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Holy shit we are....i forgot that about that, it shows their show at the uptown theater, FUCK i wish i could have went to that :banghead:

I saw them there a little over a year ago. The crowd was retaindo.

Nick_to_the_face
05-12-2010, 05:26 AM
I saw them there a little over a year ago. The crowd was retaindo.

I got to see them last year, it was pretty badass