PDA

View Full Version : Tidal Wave 12

TonyD
05-02-2010, 08:15 PM
The Tidal Wave 12 is Saturday & Sunday July 24 & 25, 2010 Noon-6pm @ McLaren Park Amphitheater, S.F.

This is a daytime event, Noon-6pm both days (Saturday & Sunday). Yes, it actually starts at Noon, due to a very tight schedule, usually about 7 good metal bands each day. Confirmed bands so far include: Abysmal Dawn, Stone Vengeance, Giant Squid, Near Life, OR3O, and of course many more to be announced later…
http://www.bayareametalscene.com/main/news/the-tidal-wave-12-free-2-day-outdoor-metal-concert-in-s-f-is-back/

b_halperin
05-02-2010, 08:22 PM
shit, some of my metalhead buddies will be 18 by the time of this festival, which means they'll be able to legally drive me (i'm pretty sure). this looks like an event i wouldn't want to miss! also sounds like a kickass roadtrip!

ADD
05-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Yeah it's back :rocker: Will definitely attend if possible.

idrinkwine732
05-02-2010, 08:48 PM
So Fucking There

GIANT SQUID!!!!!!

mankvill
05-03-2010, 12:42 AM
thought Tidal Wave was a thrash thing

Oh well, this looks awesome :rocker:

Natrlhi
05-03-2010, 06:42 AM
So Fucking There

GIANT SQUID!!!!!!

Satan dammit. Somebody buy me a plane ticket and I'm there. Fuck.

idrinkwine732
05-03-2010, 07:21 AM
I've never seen the Squid before, so I'm excited. This also means Gregory's coming back to the Bay, so I'll probably see them playing a club too!

Natrlhi
05-03-2010, 09:17 AM
I've never seen the Squid before, so I'm excited. This also means Gregory's coming back to the Bay, so I'll probably see them playing a club too!
Prepare for awesomeness. Throwing a Donner Party at Sea is going to melt your fucking brain. Neonate (if they play it), will slurp up what's left of it with a straw. ;)

TonyD
05-03-2010, 11:24 AM
You need a summer vacation. Also this is just the preliminary lineup.

idrinkwine732
05-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Prepare for awesomeness. Throwing a Donner Party at Sea is going to melt your fucking brain. Neonate (if they play it), will slurp up what's left of it with a straw. ;)
Is it that possible they won't play it? I thought it would be a live staple of theirs...it is their best song...

You need a summer vacation. Also this is just the preliminary lineup.

Think Abysmal Dawn will wind up being the headliner? If so that's quite the drop off from Exodus in 08.

ADD
05-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Think Abysmal Dawn will wind up being the headliner? If so that's quite the drop off from Exodus in 08.

No way, it'll probably be someone like Possessed or Heathen or something.

TonyD
05-03-2010, 09:55 PM
No way, it'll probably be someone like Possessed or Heathen or something.

That sounds right. I'd bed Passive Aggressive ends up somewhere on there.

Natrlhi
05-04-2010, 08:29 AM
You need a summer vacation. Also this is just the preliminary lineup.True, but that's only a month after the new baby is due, so there's no fucking way. Imma be daddyin' it up at that point, no doubt. I'll be lucky if I can break free to hit Primus and Slayer in Cleveland in August, much less the Squid in San Fran in July! :D

Is it that possible they won't play it? I thought it would be a live staple of theirs...it is their best song...Most likely they would - I'm just sayin' "if" by some odd chance. They could always elect to substitute something like "Summit" (which wouldn't disappoint me at all, especially since I've heard "Neonate" live now), or "Revolution in the Water". I wish they'd play "Sutter's Fort" live someday, but that'll probably never happen. :(

EDIT: Now if they were to add say, IntrOnaut, Grayceon, Cormorant, Ludicra, La Fin du Monde, Helms Alee or Red Fang to that bill...
(the first three have albums potentially due out this year, btw...)

idrinkwine732
05-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Most likely they would - I'm just sayin' "if" by some odd chance. They could always elect to substitute something like "Summit" (which wouldn't disappoint me at all, especially since I've heard "Neonate" live now), or "Revolution in the Water". I wish they'd play "Sutter's Fort" live someday, but that'll probably never happen. :(

EDIT: Now if they were to add say, IntrOnaut, Grayceon, Cormorant, Ludicra, La Fin du Monde, Helms Alee or Red Fang to that bill...
(the first three have albums potentially due out this year, btw...)

I haven't seen them yet, so I'd be bummed out if they didn't play it. Although I very well could be seeing them again at some point throughout the summer. My summer is going to be chock full of shows.

As per Arthur of Cormorant himself, they aren't looking for shows actively, but if an awesome one came to them, they'd take it. I think this would count as an awesome one. I bet if Squid is on there, Grayceon will be too, unless Squid has a long set.

Natrlhi
05-04-2010, 10:56 AM
^ Yeah, rub that shit in, why don'tcha. :bouville:

idrinkwine732
05-04-2010, 07:58 PM
^ Yeah, rub that shit in, why don'tcha. :bouville:

I'm sorry...but you've already seen Squid, and saw an epic set.

Natrlhi
05-05-2010, 06:34 AM
I'm sorry...but you've already seen Squid, and saw an epic set.
I was just fuckin' witchya. I hope you have a blast. :fist:

...and yes I did. ;)

TonyD
05-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Desecrator has just been confirmed.

idrinkwine732
05-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Can this be the official inform idrinkwine732 about bands that are now on Tidal Wave thread?

Or at least could you let me know where you're finding out?

TonyD
05-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Facebook lol
They're in negotiations with Raven...

ADD
05-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Shit! :rocker: BRING THE HAMMAH DOWN

idrinkwine732
05-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Witchaven is on here too.

TonyD
05-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Update dye-rectally from TW Facebook:

So.....it is now official.....Possessed is NOT
playing Tidal Wave so we are still looking for a headliner for sunday
our back up plan- PRONG........ stay tuned
SAT :Near Life, Desecrater, Abysmal Dawn, Giant Squid, Anvil Chorus,RAVEN
Sun:
Go Like This, OR3O, Vastum, Witchaven, Elk, Amber Asylum, Stone Vengeance and.......?

Edit: Elk is now playing Sunday

idrinkwine732
05-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Ew, Prong over Possessed?

TonyD
05-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Sounds like they tried. Prong wound't be bad though.