PDA

View Full Version : Cannibal Corpse -- St. Paul, MN -- May 1st, 2010

psicosis91
05-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Drove 5 hours to this and it was totally worth it! St.Paul is such a boring town though lol.

Lecherous Nocturne-awesome band, had never heard them untile than. Just your average death metal band, pretty good. 6/10

Skeletonwitch- amazing and even better seeing them the second time. 8/10

1349-First time I ever saw a Norwegian Black Metal band and it was awesome! 8/10

Cannibal Corpse-4th time seeing these guys and they were better than ever! they are alwasy on their A+ game and Corpsegrinder is an awesome entertainer!:rocker:

got a setlist as well

Scalding Hail
Unleashing the Bloodthirsty
Murder Worship
Sentenced To Burn:rocker:
Savage Butchery
The Cryptic Stench
Pounded Into Dust
The Wretched Spawn:rocker:
Gutted
Evisceration Plague
Disfigured
Scattered Remains, Splattered Brains:rocker:
Make Them Suffer
Priests of Sodom:rocker:
Staring Through the Eyes of the Dead:rocker:
Devoured by Vermin:rocker:
A Skull Full of Maggots:rocker:
Hammer Smashed Face:rocker:
Stripped Raped and Strangled :rocker:

all shirts from all 4 bands were $20. Skeletonwitch and Cannibal Corpse both had tour shirts

Travis The Dragon
05-02-2010, 07:17 PM
I was there. It was INSANE!

MPF
05-02-2010, 07:28 PM
I really wanted to be at this show, but I had a gig of my own in Wisconsin.

If you guys seen a VERY tall guy in the audience, that's my good friend Steve from the band, This Will Not End Well. I played a gig with him the night before. He also hung out and interivewed Cannibal Corpse after the show for his metal podcast.

Dimebag_Rusty
05-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Cant believe they're doing one song off Wretched Spawn. Id kill to hear Psychotic Precision live.

jeremysaal
05-02-2010, 07:53 PM
One of the most brutal shows in a long time! I managed to catch a Cannibal Corpse pick, which was sweet!

The metal crowd in St. Paul is a small one. Fortunately, it was pretty packed last night at Station 4. Also, we were fortunate that some other promoters were not doing this show as well. Some shows, you're there until past 2:00 a.m., which gets kind of old. Hopefully, someone will eventually figure out that we don't want to see a bunch of crappy local bands, then the headliner.

In St. Paul, you have to know where to go for fun. During the daytime, the sidewalks are dead. However, if you go into one of the many covered walkways, you'll notice an undiscovered, crowded world unseen from the outside. Malls, restaurants, coffee shops, and thousands of people walking from building-to-building, all interconnected.

I can't wait for these guys to get back to the area again. Now, to figure out how to talk my wife into letting me take the kids to Cattle Decapitation next week...

Uncle_Meat1940
05-02-2010, 08:18 PM
I really wanted to be at this show, but I had a gig of my own in Wisconsin.

If you guys seen a VERY tall guy in the audience, that's my good friend Steve from the band, This Will Not End Well. I played a gig with him the night before. He also hung out and interivewed Cannibal Corpse after the show for his metal podcast.

You know Steve too? hahaha I actually talked to him last night about that gig, among other things.

Ya, it was a pretty good show, but mainly all I did was talk to people, the only full set I watched was Skeletonwitch. Lecherous Nocturne was when we prepared for Skeletonwitch, :stoned: I didn't really dig 1349, and Corpse, well... I've seen them 6 times now.. It's more of a tradition now than anything, I mean, Corpse was the first extreme metal show I ever went to. I stood by Skeletonwitch's merch stand and got 3/5ths of the band to sign my album (Need to get the other two next time) but for about a 1/3rd of the time I just stood outside and chatted with James Lee. All in all though I enjoyed the show. :rocker:

MPF
05-02-2010, 08:24 PM
You know Steve too? hahaha I actually talked to him last night about that gig, among other things.

Ya, it was a pretty good show, but mainly all I did was talk to people, the only full set I watched was Skeletonwitch. Lecherous Nocturne was when we prepared for Skeletonwitch, :stoned: I didn't really dig 1349, and Corpse, well... I've seen them 6 times now.. It's more of a tradition now than anything, I mean, Corpse was the first extreme metal show I ever went to. I stood by Skeletonwitch's merch stand and got 3/5ths of the band to sign my album (Need to get the other two next time) but for about a 1/3rd of the time I just stood outside and chatted with James Lee. All in all though I enjoyed the show. :rocker:

Oh yeah. Steve has been a good friend of mine for almost a year now. Wish I could say it was longer, but I've only been playing in my Metal band, Shattered, since June.

When you said you talked to him, do you mean about the CC gig or the gig he did with my band the night before? Guess I'm kinda confused by that.

It does sound like a badass show. I would have loved to have seen Corpse and Skeletonwitch. I just started getting into them, Crushed Into Dust is a fucking brutal song. 1349 I really didn't give much of a chance yet. I still might, but there are very few Black Metal bands I do like. Emperor being tops for me.

Uncle_Meat1940
05-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Oh yeah. Steve has been a good friend of mine for almost a year now. Wish I could say it was longer, but I've only been playing in my Metal band, Shattered, since June.

When you said you talked to him, do you mean about the CC gig or the gig he did with my band the night before? Guess I'm kinda confused by that.

It does sound like a badass show. I would have loved to have seen Corpse and Skeletonwitch. I just started getting into them, Crushed Into Dust is a fucking brutal song. 1349 I really didn't give much of a chance yet. I still might, but there are very few Black Metal bands I do like. Emperor being tops for me.

I've known him for about the same amount of time. He was talking about how tired he was from driving to Wi and shit so I assume... Hell ya dude, I'm picky when it comes to Black Metal as well.

Travis The Dragon
05-02-2010, 09:25 PM
I've known him for about the same amount of time. He was talking about how tired he was from driving to Wi and shit so I assume... Hell ya dude, I'm picky when it comes to Black Metal as well.

As far as black metal, what do you think of Dimmu Borgir? Personally, I'm a HUGE fan! I love how their songs change directions and how the singer does a lot of different things with his vocals.

Uncle_Meat1940
05-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Not a fan, but to each his own, like I said, I'm really fuckin picky when it comes to the Black Metal

HailANDKill
05-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Hahah.. I as well just chatted with my metal comrades while I waited for Skeletonwitch to play. Was about my 7th time seeing them I believe and always a fucking blast. I wonder how many of these Minnesotan dudes I actually know or possibly have met. I'm at pretty much every damn show. You guys have probably seen me. I'm a blonde bastard with yellow shoes. I was sporting a Toxic Holocaust shirt at this one. WHO ARE YOU GUYS?!?!

www.myspace.com/plaguedinsanitymn if that helps, I'm the singer of that band.

Uncle_Meat1940
05-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Zappa t-shirts? usually has a guy with him that likes fucking with emo/scene kids? Long blonde hair and facial hair?

endless_pain
05-03-2010, 06:08 AM
This was my first Cannibal show & I had a blast. I'm still sore & stiff but, it was totaly worth it. I actually did not start listening to these guys until Evisceration came out. So, it's still exciting to hear their back catalog of music. I was up front by Pat O'Brien for the whole show. So, I've got some great pics/video.

Lecherous Nocturne was a lot better than I expected, since I haven't read many reviews from earlier shows.

Skeletonwitch were awesome! When I first heard them I thought they were good but, after seeing them live, I am even more of a fan. I ended up buying their tour shirt after the show and spoke with one of their guitarists.

1349 was alright. If anything, I was curious to see them play but, now in hindsight, I'm not too impressed.

MPF
05-03-2010, 09:43 AM

Haha yeah. it's too bad he couldn't hang out after the show was done. The last time he was over here in WI, we were Shotgunning beers on my guitarist's deck. :rocker: He really digs my band Shattered. He told us that we need to get a van and start touring the midwest, because we are going to make it. Coming from Steve, that's a huge fucking compliment.

Yeah Black Metal, I don't mind some black Metal influence in a band, Alcest for example is fucking kickass. But I get it, Blast beats, high pitch screams, sometimes some orchestration. If there was more variation in Black Metal I;d probably like it more.

Hahah.. I as well just chatted with my metal comrades while I waited for Skeletonwitch to play. Was about my 7th time seeing them I believe and always a fucking blast. I wonder how many of these Minnesotan dudes I actually know or possibly have met. I'm at pretty much every damn show. You guys have probably seen me. I'm a blonde bastard with yellow shoes. I was sporting a Toxic Holocaust shirt at this one. WHO ARE YOU GUYS?!?!

If you've ever seen a 6ft 4in guy in an Iced Earth VIP shirt and glasses, that's me. almost every station 4 show I go to I wear that shirt.

Uncle_Meat1940
05-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Same with me and my Zappa shirt. haha

MaggotFetus
05-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Yeah Black Metal, I don't mind some black Metal influence in a band, Alcest for example is fucking kickass. But I get it, Blast beats, high pitch screams, sometimes some orchestration. If there was more variation in Black Metal I;d probably like it more.

Listen to "Atomic Chapel" and "Devil of the Desert" off of the new Demonoir album from 1349, and I think you may change your mind. Cascading riffs and tempo changes abound, plus Frost is the best damn drummer in ALL of heavy metal.

MPF
05-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Listen to "Atomic Chapel" and "Devil of the Desert" off of the new Demonoir album from 1349, and I think you may change your mind. Cascading riffs and tempo changes abound, plus Frost is the best damn drummer in ALL of heavy metal.

I'll give it a shot. That is one thing I will say I can do unlike a lot of my friends and people I know, I will give any band or album a shot. For example, you never know when a shitty band can turn good from album to album, and vice versa.

MaggotFetus
05-03-2010, 01:03 PM
I'll give it a shot. That is one thing I will say I can do unlike a lot of my friends and people I know, I will give any band or album a shot. For example, you never know when a shitty band can turn good from album to album, and vice versa.

Cool, hope you like it. And if you're into thrash, "Psalm 7:77" off the Demonoir album is pure thrash, with barely a hint of black metal.

MPF
05-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Cool, hope you like it. And if you're into thrash, "Psalm 7:77" off the Demonoir album is pure thrash, with barely a hint of black metal.

I'll be checking it out. Thanks for the recommendation. :cool:

MPF
05-03-2010, 06:57 PM
You are right MaggotFetus, 1349's Demonior is really damn good. Frost is a hell of a Blaster.

Travis The Dragon
05-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Not a fan, but to each his own, like I said, I'm really fuckin picky when it comes to the Black Metal
Ah, that's cool. What are some of your favorite bands of that type?

Uncle_Meat1940
05-04-2010, 01:52 PM
I'm more into stuff like Enslaved, Gorgoroth, Bathory, Marduk (Yes I saw them in Dec. in case you were questioning), Mayhem, stuff like that. I don't really know what makes me picky, its just either I like 'em or I don't. It's kinda weird. I also have to be in kind of a mood for it to listen to it, like I have been since you started this conversation. haha I don't listen to much, so I don't have a plethora of underground bands to spurt off to make myself seem cool, but fuck it. haha

Travis The Dragon
05-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Hey, that's cool. :) Thanks for the recommendations. I'll have to check the out for sure.

Uncle_Meat1940
05-09-2010, 10:40 AM

DUDE! I see you at everything. I go to pretty much every show as well. I'm surprised we havent talked yet. I even saw you at Cattle Decapitation last night. haha

HailANDKill
05-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Haha fuck yeah man! That was a good show, as always with Cattle Decap though. Come say hey next time! I'll be at a bunch of shows coming up. Mostly house/local shows though.. I don't know if you're into Captain Cleanoff, but they're playing here on the 21st.

Uncle_Meat1940
05-09-2010, 12:56 PM
I love Captain. I'm trying to go but none of my usual concert buddies know who they are so I probably will get fucked out of going cause I don't have a ride. : /

Edit: I was the dude walking around with the 'Homovore' LP in case you remember seeing someone with that. Pretty sure if/when you see my ass you'll recognize me.