17.Russia on Ice (middle section)
18.Anesthetize (center section) :rocker:
19.Stars Die
20.Normal
21.Bonnie the Cat
Encore 2:
22.Blackest Eyes
23.Trains

It was a great show as usual. Anesthetize is such an awesome jam live.

Porcupine Tree filmed portions of the show but don't have any specific plans to release the footage according to Steven Wilson. I was lucky enough to get one of his Dunlop picks to add to my collection.

Anyone questioning whether or not to go should definitely go. Great musicianship and Bigelf was a solid opening band. I am very glad that Opeth introduced me to Porcupine Tree on the In Absentia tour. They have never disappointed.

Uncle_Meat1940
04-30-2010, 10:19 PM
You lucky, lucky, bastard. WHEN WILL THEY COME TO MN?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!???

dimmudan
05-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Don't know but I do feel fortunate.

Uncle_Meat1940
05-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Wasn't really a question geared towards you, haha, you should indeed feel very lucky.

DethMaiden
05-01-2010, 09:46 AM
I would have enjoyed Lazarus and the encore. Really glad I saw them in 2007 before they sucked.

es156
05-01-2010, 10:10 AM
I would have enjoyed Lazarus and the encore. Really glad I saw them in 2007 before they sucked.

This show ruled. The show in Chicago last year also ruled. Not sure what your problem is.

DethMaiden
05-01-2010, 10:12 AM
This show ruled. The show in Chicago last year also ruled. Not sure what your problem is.

a) I dislike The Incident.
b) Not playing all of Anesthetize is blasphemy.
c) They could have chosen the other songs a lot better.

es156
05-01-2010, 10:20 AM
a) I dislike The Incident.
b) Not playing all of Anesthetize is blasphemy.
c) They could have chosen the other songs a lot better.

a) I like it, it has grown on me. And it is much heavier live. I am definitely glad I got to see it twice.
b) They played more than half of it and it was the best part. ;)
c) Hatesong, Russia On Ice and Stars Die are fairly rare and all sounded great. (Don't you like Lightbulb Sun?) The two EP songs were nice and heavy. And Lazarus was :drool:.

Overall, I was happy with both set lists that I got to see on this tour. They changed it up for this show because of the show they played last year in Chicago. Two amazing shows.

:light:

DethMaiden
05-01-2010, 10:50 AM
a) I like it, it has grown on me. And it is much heavier live. I am definitely glad I got to see it twice.
b) They played more than half of it and it was the best part. ;)
c) Hatesong, Russia On Ice and Stars Die are fairly rare and all sounded great. (Don't you like Lightbulb Sun?) The two EP songs were nice and heavy. And Lazarus was :drool:.

Overall, I was happy with both set lists that I got to see on this tour. They changed it up for this show because of the show they played last year in Chicago. Two amazing shows.

:light:

It's not a big deal because any show where they were gonna do all of The Incident I wouldn't have gone to anyway. :lol: It's not like I would have been shocked and disappointed.

As to Anesthetize, that song works precisely because of its slow build, crescendo, and the outro that brings you back down. It's specifically constructed that way. Cutting any of it out makes it a different song, in my opinion.

Glad you had fun though! :party:

old man
05-01-2010, 01:20 PM
I was there and hope to see a dvd of it.The Incident is alot better live and a treat to see.They still played a whole hour after that.1st time seeing the band and we were really blown away.They literally exploded "Blackest Eyes"and all the songs were great.I had flashbacks of the 70'swhen Bigelf played.They sounded like crap too.A fairly skilled outfit but I didnt care for em too much. A very typical polite Chicago crowd tho.