Drowning Pool
Kingdom of Sorrow
Skeletonwitch
Goatwhore
Katakylsm

its legit just saw the press release

idrinkwine732
04-30-2010, 04:29 PM
If it's that BLS site one, I don't think that one's right.

Crionics
04-30-2010, 04:30 PM
If it's that BLS site one, I don't think that one's right.

Yeah, we were just discussing this.

undergroundrage
04-30-2010, 04:32 PM
Still nothing on Ozzfest.com so until that happens, I'll just hope this isn't the lineup.

undergroundrage
04-30-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm gonna say it's true http://yfrog.com/28m3uj

Oh well...how gay...

ravenheart
04-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Hmm, I'd go to see Halford, Kingdom of Sorrow and BLS... Ozzy and Motley as sing-along bonus fluff. Not interested in the rest.

Seems all the rumours and tips were wishful thinking.

gmatts
04-30-2010, 04:49 PM
I really was hoping for ozzfest to tie into the AIC/Deftones/Mastodon tour, just for fun.

rjturtle9
04-30-2010, 04:50 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

undergroundrage
04-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Not only does the line up suck, but it's just one more tour skipping the state of FL. I see maybe 5-6 shows a year with a good line up come down here. What the hell happen to bands coming to Florida?

ravenheart
04-30-2010, 04:58 PM
What the hell happen to bands coming to Florida?

Disney? :eyes:

mankvill
04-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Huge letdown. Your sources suck :lol:

BlackmoreOfBowling
04-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Damn, thats a pretty underwhelming bait and switch.. but still way better of a tour than Mayhem fest, though.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-30-2010, 05:18 PM
Huge letdown. Your sources suck :lol:

Same sources that called every other tour correct this summer & will continue to do so with Uproar in Monday morning.

Ozzfest was off but everything else has been right.

mankvill
04-30-2010, 05:18 PM
Same sources that called every other tour correct this summer & will continue to do so with Uproar in Monday morning.

Ozzfest was off but everything else has been right.

Would rather they be off about everything else except for Ozzfest ;)

ravenheart
04-30-2010, 05:19 PM
I love it when people get defensive over jokes. It actually makes the joke funnier :lol:

TonyD
04-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Would rather they be off about everything else except for Ozzfest ;)

Yeah.
I guess no matter how many shitty bands are out on other summer package tours, Ozzfest always finds more to fill the gaps.

xStructualDefect
04-30-2010, 05:33 PM
5 Dates- No mid west or southern dates.

Ozzy
Motley Crue
Halford
Devildriver
Nonpoint
BLS
Drowning Pool
Kingdom of Sorrow
Skeletonwitch
Goatwhore
Katakylsm

its legit just saw the press release

i'll probably still go if ticket prices aren't too bad. i'd like to see DevilDriver and Skeletonwitch. Goatwhore, Kataklysm, and Kingdom of Sorrow might be fun. Ozzy, Motley Crue, and Halford might be interesting to see. i don't know why Nonpoint and Drowning Pool are on this, maybe if it was 8 years ago they'd attract a crowd. could care less for BLS.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-30-2010, 05:35 PM
I think its safe to say Ozzfest simply won't ever return to the ground breaking music festival that ushered in new metal bands/genres.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Maybe we'll get off dates with Halford, Kingdom of Sorrow & Skeletonwitch.

Chyck
04-30-2010, 05:38 PM
It's still better than Mayhem, but then again, I get a date.

Depending on cost, I'll probably end up going for Skeletonwitch, Goatwhore, Kataklysm, Devildriver (yes, I like them... shut up!), and to see if Drowning Pool gets sod chucked at them this year.

EDIT: ... okay, yeah, Halford would be interesting, too

TonyD
04-30-2010, 05:42 PM
Surprisingly I'd still rather see Mayhem fest just for 3IOB, LoG and Zombie.
And I guess this (http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/04/30/interesting-is-ozzfest-burying-the-lead/) was right.

Sanitarium78
04-30-2010, 05:44 PM
I think its safe to say Ozzfest simply won't ever return to the ground breaking music festival that ushered in new metal bands/genres.

It's their own fault for that though. They've dropped the ball the last few years now. Only making it one date in 2008 and then they didn't do it last year. That allowed Mayhemfest to step up and become the metal festival of the summer in North America now.

This lineup is dissappointing. Are there still fans out there who are gonna wanna travel far distances to see Ozzy and Crue at all? I'm guessing there's not too many. I like Halford, BLS and DevilDriver but they're not gonna draw that much of a crowd.

Chyck
04-30-2010, 05:46 PM
Surprisingly I'd still rather see Mayhem fest just for 3IOB, LoG and Zombie.

As much as I really really love 3IOB and wouldn't mind a few others, I don't think I can stomach most of Mayhem's lineup this year. I'll decide later.

TonyD
04-30-2010, 05:51 PM
I wouldn't call Mayhem Fest "ground breaking". It's been a solid tour but has been made up of fairly established acts. It hasn't taken bands that few or no metal fans know about and thrown them into the spotlight.

TonyD
04-30-2010, 05:53 PM
As much as I really really love 3IOB and wouldn't mind a few others, I don't think I can stomach most of Mayhem's lineup this year. I'll decide later.

Yeah, but I usually just hang out away from the bands for half of the time.

Derelict
04-30-2010, 05:57 PM
i think i'd rather hang out in the locker room at the gym than go to this tour

ravenheart
04-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Saviours are also on the second stage bill.

ADD
04-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Saviours are also on the second stage bill.

Good for them :rocker:

Chyck
04-30-2010, 06:44 PM
i think i'd rather hang out in the locker room at the gym than go to this tour

I would also rather you hung out in a locker room than go to this tour. I support you.

Hey - wasn't the initial excuse for the delay of this announcement due to one band's "problems with their singer" or some such thing? Who was the problem?

... or am I mixing that up with something else...

ravenheart
04-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Hey - wasn't the initial excuse for the delay of this announcement due to one band's "problems with their singer" or some such thing? Who was the problem?

Could be any number of bands. Could be Motley Crue or Ozzy Osbourne as both of their singers can no longer perform live, for instance.

xStructualDefect
04-30-2010, 07:02 PM
actually ehh now that i think about i won't go. only band that reaaally interests me is DevilDriver, and they're playing main stage so it won't be that exciting. i'd like to see Skeletonwitch out of the second stages but that's about it. i'll go to Warped Tour instead which is a few days before Ozzfest. i'm sure i'll have a lot more fun there considering all the bands i want to see and how many friends i have going.

ravenheart
04-30-2010, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't call Mayhem Fest "ground breaking". It's been a solid tour but has been made up of fairly established acts. It hasn't taken bands that few or no metal fans know about and thrown them into the spotlight.

I wouldn't call Ozzfest groundbreaking either if the line-ups are the yardstick for the term.

It was the first major touring festival though. I guess that counts for something.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-30-2010, 07:08 PM
My sources were right about Devildriver, BLS, and Kataklysm. They told me that Kirk Windstein's band was going to be playing. I asked if it was Crowbar and they said no, the other band. Since Jasta and Hatebreed were on Mayhem I assumed it had to be Down. I assumed wrong. The same source also told me that a band bigger (more popular) than Ozzy was playing and that their name started with an M. Motley sure as hell ain't bigger than Ozzy- never have been, never will be IMO. Damn... my apologies to crashing anyones hopes. I feel bad for that and feel bad cause of only 6 dates and a half assed line up. I think this is the nail in the coffin for Ozzfest. It's a half assed attempt. I feel like Ralphie from the Christmas Story when he ran down stairs Christmas morning and there was bb gun, only lame presents :finger:

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-30-2010, 07:18 PM
I wouldn't call Ozzfest groundbreaking either if the line-ups are the yardstick for the term.

It was the first major touring festival though. I guess that counts for something.

Ozzfest was the kick off for Nu Metal, Metalcore, and helped bring more exposure to hard core and black metal than any other large tour. I would say it was very influential and ground breaking. It was the first traveling metal festival in the US.

Unfortunately, a six date trek with a half assed line up is probably the nail in the coffin. Ozzy would have been better to let everyone know Ozzfest is gone and he was hitting the road with Halford, BLS, Kingdom of Sorrow and Skeletonwitch on a summer amphitheater tour. This would have been a much better move and accepted alot better. When people are hearing about Ozzfest, they are thinking about line ups from 97, 99, 04 and 05. Those were the best years.

davidis138
04-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Hmm Motley Ozzy Skeletonwitch and BLS...maybe...

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-30-2010, 07:21 PM
Motley is good for what they play, but they do not fit on Ozzfest. If he had Godsmack instead he would have been alot better off.

ravenheart
04-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Ozzfest was the kick off for Nu Metal, Metalcore, and helped bring more exposure to hard core and black metal than any other large tour. I would say it was very influential and ground breaking. It was the first traveling metal festival in the US.

Yeah, I guess in the context of the US it was a big deal. Compared to Europe... nothing special. Never was. They tried doing Ozzfest here once or twice, it was all very kind of "uhuh". Scene kids loved it.

Apart from the touring thing, Europe doesn't have anything like that. I don't think it would really work.

Bergman101
04-30-2010, 07:48 PM
Ozzfest truly is dead R.I.P 1996-2007 (I don't count '08). I will be at Mayhem, Warped Tour, The "Cool" Tour and Summer Slaughter this summer.

xStructualDefect
04-30-2010, 07:57 PM
Ozzfest truly is dead R.I.P 1996-2007 (I don't count '08). I will be at Mayhem, Warped Tour, The "Cool" Tour and Summer Slaughter this summer.

same here all 4 tours for me this summer.

Bergman101
04-30-2010, 08:02 PM
they're all pretty decent line-ups, I'm really pumped to finally see a Mayhem Fest.

AnthG
04-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Wow, that's dissapointing. The only bands I like on there are DevilDriver and Kataklysm.

It would make much more sense if Motley Crue was doing a big reunion or something, but they did that years ago and they've done a lot of touring since then. And really, they'd probably be better off doing Cruefest for the 3rd year in a row, why they decided to do this tour is beyond me.

Mayhem definitely shits all over this. Maybe it's because i'm a big fan of Korn unlike most people here, but even with shitty bands like Atreyu, In This Moment, and Winds of Plague, having bands like Korn, Lamb of God, Chimaira, Shadows Fall, and even Rob Zombie make it better than a 6-date Ozzfest tour with 2 bands that I like (one of which is mentioned last in the press release).

Neither are coming to my city, so it doesn't matter anyways.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-30-2010, 08:44 PM
I think the problem is that Ozzfest basically took two years off and Mayhem stepped up for the established acts and SS stepped up for the more underground, harder metal acts. Add in Uproar and then the smaller tours and there are simply too many tours spreading thin the possibilities of having many good bands on one line up like the Ozzfest of old. I have read their posts of facebook and their fans are hammering them for the most part. This will be the last year of Ozzfest.

Hopefully we get some cool offdate shows from Halford, Ozzy, KoS, BLS, etc.

Metal_Head
04-30-2010, 08:49 PM
What's the full lineup for the Uproar Tour? Is it just Disturbed, A7X, Stone Sour, Hellyeah, Lacuna Coil, and Halestorm?

JuuKun
04-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Ozzfest was the kick off for Nu Metal, Metalcore, and helped bring more exposure to hard core and black metal than any other large tour.

A 20 minute slot for ChthoniC on Ozzfest 07 = exposure for Black Metal?

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-30-2010, 08:59 PM
I do not know. My source who works for Live Nation told me that Disturbed, Stone Sour, A7X, Lacuna Coil, HellYeah are on it. I do know HellYeah is headlining the second stage, so it must be a tour the size of Mayhem Fest or Ozzfest I would think with 2 stages. I do know that it runs from mid August thru mid September.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-30-2010, 09:04 PM
A 20 minute slot for ChthoniC on Ozzfest 07 = exposure for Black Metal?

Dimmu Borgir was on the main stage in 04 right before Slayer, Cradle of Filth headlined the second stage in 03, Behemoth & Cthonic played on the second stage in 07...

For a major USA metal tour with mainstream metal acts, I think they did what they could to help give casual metal fans a lesson in black metal. Black metal doesn't sell out big venues in the states nor do the albums sell much so considering that I think they tried to give it a a decent amount of exposure. It's not like Emperor was going to headline or anything like that...

BlackmoreOfBowling
04-30-2010, 09:42 PM
Since this is playing Pittsburgh: The main stage is a letdown from the proposed (and far superior) Metallica/Ozzy/AIC/Down/Mastodon lineup. Mastodon just played in Pittsburgh last Monday, but Metallica hasn't played Pittsburgh since 2004, Down hasn't been here in over a couple years, and Alice In Chains have been skipping this area completely on all of their recent tours - there's hope for the upcoming tour with Mastodon, since there's still some dates TBA, but still would've fit. Whereas Crue have been here on both occasions for Crue Fest, DevilDriver just played here last January (and holy Dio do I hate their fanbase), Nonpoint looks like more nu metal fodder and Halford, while a God, just wouldn't be anything more than 'singalong time', as someone put it. While it's better than Mayhem fest, they spent years building this up as a 10-date Metallica-headlining gig, and reduced it even further to 6 dates and delivered Motley Crue. :confused:

The second stage makes up for things somewhat - Black Label Society is a decent choice and would finally give me a chance to witness Zakk Wylde live. And on the other side we have great choices in Goatwhore, Skeletonwitch, Saviours and Kataklysm. More nu metal deadwood such as Drowning Pool and Kingdom of Sorrow are sandwiched in between the better stuff, but there's no Otep, Kittie or 36 Crazyfists in sight so huzzuh!

Overall/TL;DR Reaction - Yay Ozzfest is back and it's playing Pittsburgh! - WTF what happened to that Metallica/AIC rumor?! 6 dates just for fucking Motley and Halford without Priest?! But hey that second stage ain't too too shabby and take out the nu metal and I'd say it's worth it.

Cynical Aftertaste - Still can't believe there's no Metallica...Hell, just look at what Wacken does year after year...:confused:

evildeadjedi
04-30-2010, 09:56 PM
I have not really cared about Ozzfest for several years. Still got Maiden, Slayer, Clutch, Testament, Megadeath, and Rush to look forward to and maybe Summer Slaughter.

mayhem 66
04-30-2010, 10:18 PM
What's the full lineup for the Uproar Tour? Is it just Disturbed, A7X, Stone Sour, Hellyeah, Lacuna Coil, and Halestorm?

Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold and Stone Sour on tour just checked website. Come to US PLZ.

Uproar Tour < Mayhem Fest < ozzfest

seether, ffdp,Hellyeah, drowing pool, Lacuna Coil doing own tour.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-30-2010, 10:36 PM
The tour with Seether ends soon. The Uproar tour will be in mid August through September. I know they are playing in Canada and the midwest if that helps.

bt11763
04-30-2010, 11:04 PM
either way i'll go, i like motley crew, halford would be interesting epsecially since he's playing priest stuff. and the second stage has some really good bands, i just hope its not too expensive

also, who the fuck is nonpoint :confused::confused::confused:

mankvill
04-30-2010, 11:17 PM
Ozzy
Motley Crue
Halford
Goatwhore
Skeletonwitch
Saviours

Miles ahead of Mayhem. Wish this was coming here.

JRA
04-30-2010, 11:52 PM
Ozzfest was the kick off for Nu Metal, Metalcore, and helped bring more exposure to hard core.

That's grounds for tarring and feathering my friend.

TonyD
05-01-2010, 12:48 AM
Ok, so I've been out doing what you do on a Friday night, and Ozzfest was definitely a ground-breaking tour, not as the first ampitheatre tour, not because it was the first metal tour, but because it brought acts like Slipknot (like it or not), SoaD, Lamb of God, Mudvayne, Mastodon, BDM and BTBAM to play for fans who would never have known about them otherwise (unlike us cool internet people). For the same ticket price, you got a guaranteed awesome entree on the main stage with a sampler platter of metal (or nu metal) on the second stage.

mastodon421
05-01-2010, 04:44 AM
This lineup really isn't that good at all. I mean they are a few bands that are great but its going to be stupid expensive and you can count me out on Ozzfest.

Crionics
05-01-2010, 05:35 AM
Dimmu Borgir was on the main stage in 04 right before Slayer, Cradle of Filth headlined the second stage in 03, Behemoth & Cthonic played on the second stage in 07...

For a major USA metal tour with mainstream metal acts, I think they did what they could to help give casual metal fans a lesson in black metal. Black metal doesn't sell out big venues in the states nor do the albums sell much so considering that I think they tried to give it a a decent amount of exposure. It's not like Emperor was going to headline or anything like that...

Well with all due respect, only Dimmu's first 3 were real black metal and COF isn't really black metal at all. But I mean, I guess you're right that black metal doesn't have much exposure, and that this was atleast some.

Still, I mean there are some good bands on this, but nothing I'd really want to see other than Skeletontits..hoping for an offdate here.

makethemsuffer12
05-01-2010, 06:11 AM
It's really not a bad lineup. It just seems a little disappointing compared to that rumored lineup. But of course, it isn't even coming to NY, so I'm not going regardless.

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-01-2010, 06:58 AM
The bad thing is that if you take out Crue (love em but they don't belong on this tour), Nonpoint, & Drowning Pool you have the shell of a damn good start of putting a tour together!!!

Ozzy
Halford
Devildriver
BLS
Kingdom of Sorrow
Goatwhore
Skeletonwitch
Kataklysm

Blame it on Sharon. According to an interview she called Motley. I'm sure this is after calls to get a complete Judas Priest, Metallica & Tool failed. She should have called Alice in Chains or Godsmack instead.

ravenheart
05-01-2010, 07:34 AM
And still they haven't bothered updating the Ozzfest website...

makethemsuffer12
05-01-2010, 07:39 AM
And still they haven't bothered updating the Ozzfest website...

:confused:

I'm looking at it right now, it's fully updated.

ravenheart
05-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Hmm, it wasn't when I looked this morning...

Edit: OK, I'm looking at it right now. Latest news is still saying there'll be an announcement on Friday, the bands page is blank, and the tour dates page shows artwork from Ozzfest 2008...

Edit 2: Right, it's just utterly appalling coding on their part of whoever runs their website. http://www.ozzfest.com is DIFFERENT to http://ozzfest.com, which should never happen. Retards.

ravenheart
05-01-2010, 08:19 AM
Some of the comments being made on there are predictably laughable.

One guy says everyone should stop moaning because "real fans" don't care about opening bands and just want to see Ozzy.

Several say who cares about Rob Halford without Judas Priest.

Several say it's a shit line-up because "who the hell are X", where X has so far been Goatwhore, Skeletonwitch, Saviours and Kingdom of Sorrow.

daimonos
05-01-2010, 09:25 AM

One guy says everyone should stop moaning because "real fans" don't care about opening bands and just want to see Ozzy.

Several say it's a shit line-up because "who the hell are X", where X has so far been Goatwhore, Skeletonwitch, Saviours and Kingdom of Sorrow.

The forums on that site are absolutely ridiculous. Nothing but a bunch of immature bastards everywhere.

bt11763
05-01-2010, 09:50 AM
The forums on that site are absolutely ridiculous. Nothing but a bunch of immature bastards everywhere.

:eyes:

Crionics
05-01-2010, 10:43 AM

I saw 1 of those comments for Goatwhore :lol:

undergroundrage
05-01-2010, 10:54 AM
It's kinda sad to me what's happened to Ozzfest. I was just looking at their website and Mayhem's website. Mayhem looks like what Ozzfest used to be, and Ozzfest just looks like an after thought, in every way...

TonyD
05-01-2010, 11:07 AM
:confused:

I'm looking at it right now, it's fully updated.

It takes longer to get the information through the tubes all the way across the Atlantic.

DethMaiden
05-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Erm, what are the odds on an off-date of just Halford and Skeletonwitch? :barf:

evildeadjedi
05-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Erm, what are the odds on an off-date of just Halford and Skeletonwitch? :barf:

Halford low :( and Skeletonwitch high (Ohio will probably get one since they're from Athens).

ravenheart
05-01-2010, 11:49 AM
It takes longer to get the information through the tubes all the way across the Atlantic.

Only if their webmaster is a moron, which is appears he is.

DethMaiden
05-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Halford low :( and Skeletonwitch high (Ohio will probably get one since they're from Athens).

The one time I saw them it was in Athens with Wolves in the Throne Room and Midnight and they were fantastic. I'd definitely see them again on the right bill. :horns:

Ozzfest is not that bill. :barf:

evildeadjedi
05-01-2010, 12:16 PM
The one time I saw them it was in Athens with Wolves in the Throne Room and Midnight and they were fantastic. I'd definitely see them again on the right bill. :horns:

Ozzfest is not that bill. :barf:

I bet where did they play in Athens? I've seen them in Toledo at Headliners and Cleveland at Peabody's Downunder.

DethMaiden
05-01-2010, 12:51 PM
I bet where did they play in Athens? I've seen them in Toledo at Headliners and Cleveland at Peabody's Downunder.

The Union, it's an OU bar but the upstairs part was just dirty-ass metalheads. :rocker:

Wizzbang11
05-01-2010, 01:09 PM

No Ozzfest (or realistically Skeletonwitch) lineup is ever going to rival that.

evildeadjedi
05-01-2010, 01:21 PM
The Union, it's an OU bar but the upstairs part was just dirty-ass metalheads. :rocker:

Oh yea I know that place, do they have regular shows?

IrritatedTrout
05-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Well that was a major fucking disappointment. I really want to see Ozzy and Halford but it looks like I'm gonna pass on this one. The only thing that would make me go is if Halford is not doing some of his own headlining dates, which I'd imagine he would given that this tour is so short

DethMaiden
05-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Oh yea I know that place, do they have regular shows?

I'm pretty sure they have live music a few nights every week, but it's probably not metal very often except when Skeletonwitch decides to play.

UpTheIrons
05-01-2010, 06:09 PM
well I think this ia a test run to see if Ozzfest can still stand on it's own agianst Mayhem. I think it's gonna be really hard to get bands when they are touring on different concert packages,in the studio to put out an album for 2010/2011 release,or problly alot of bands don't wanna do Ozzfest cause of 2005 Maiden Incident.

mankvill
05-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Ozzfest this year is one of the best line-ups they've had in a long time, but the dates still depress me. ;_;

idrinkwine732
05-01-2010, 06:20 PM
I think I'm going to go.

andrew_metalhead
05-01-2010, 06:54 PM
The lineups for both Ozzfest and Mayhem fest suck. I wouldn't pay money to watch these shows.

Derelict
05-01-2010, 07:14 PM
The lineups for both Ozzfest and Mayhem fest suck. I wouldn't pay money to watch these shows.

This

Pastulio_
05-01-2010, 07:53 PM
What a fall off Ozzfest has had. I guess Metallica/Mastodon/Alice/Suffocation would've just been way too good to be true.

daimonos
05-01-2010, 08:35 PM
idk why everyones gotta complain... :tp:

I will definitely go because 6 out of 12 isn't bad at all.

And incase you're wondering, for me the good six would be:
Ozzy
Devildriver
BLS
Skeletonwitch
Kataklysm
Goatwhore

bt11763
05-01-2010, 09:17 PM

Ozzy
Devildriver
BLS
Skeletonwitch
Kataklysm
Goatwhore

um, have you ever listened to kingdom of sorrow?

daimonos
05-01-2010, 09:30 PM
um, have you ever listened to kingdom of sorrow?

I've heard some of their stuff. I plan on checking them out some more though to see if I like them. I'm just not too fond of Jamey Jasta, which is probably whats holding me back from liking their stuff too much.

DethMaiden
05-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Kingdom of Sorrow's album was my least favorite album of 2008. Not my biggest disappointment, my least favorite fucking album. God, they are awful.

I can't get over how shitty it is that THIS is the Halford tour. Fuck this.

undergroundrage
05-01-2010, 10:34 PM
I've heard some of their stuff. I plan on checking them out some more though to see if I like them. I'm just not too fond of Jamey Jasta, which is probably whats holding me back from liking their stuff too much.

Well it doesn't sound like Hatebreed, at all. I like KOS.

IrritatedTrout
05-01-2010, 10:39 PM
I can't get over how shitty it is that THIS is the Halford tour. Fuck this.

This hasn't been confirmed to my knowledge. He said he was touring in both the summer and the fall so I'd wager many more Halford dates are coming.

mankvill
05-01-2010, 10:43 PM

Ozzy
Devildriver
BLS
Skeletonwitch
Kataklysm
Goatwhore

Add Saviours to that list!

undergroundrage
05-01-2010, 10:45 PM
From how I read it, Kataklysm, Skeletonwitch, Goatwhore & Saviors are in rotation, which to me means they aren't playing every show.

bt11763
05-01-2010, 10:46 PM
From how I read it, Kataklysm, Skeletonwitch, Goatwhore & Saviors are in rotation, which to me means they aren't playing every show.

nah press release said there will be 13 every show, that just means what time they play is rotating

undergroundrage
05-01-2010, 10:48 PM
nah press release said there will be 13 every show, that just means what time they play is rotating

Ok, that makes sense.

bt11763
05-01-2010, 10:48 PM

That makes sense, but give them a shot.

Well it doesn't sound like Hatebreed, at all. I like KOS.

Ehhh, it still has that hardcore flow to it, and Jasta is pretty much always the same.

Kingdom of Sorrow's album was my least favorite album of 2008. Not my biggest disappointment, my least favorite fucking album. God, they are awful.

Really? Do you like any of their other bands or is it just KOS?

bt11763
05-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Ok, that makes sense.

yeah, i'm pretty sure they did that on 07 too

DethMaiden
05-01-2010, 11:03 PM
This hasn't been confirmed to my knowledge. He said he was touring in both the summer and the fall so I'd wager many more Halford dates are coming.

I hope you're right.

Really? Do you like any of their other bands or is it just KOS?

I'm okay with Crowbar and Down, but goddamn, Kirk just does a Dimebag impression on KOS. And Jamey Jasta is horrible.

BloodoftheKings
05-01-2010, 11:05 PM
I think ozzfest will be dead by 2012. People are bitching about the dates but im suprised that thier was more then 1.

bt11763
05-01-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm okay with Crowbar and Down, but goddamn, Kirk just does a Dimebag impression on KOS. And Jamey Jasta is horrible.

eh, to each their own, i actually love KOS :horns:

gilpdawg
05-01-2010, 11:53 PM

I remember in Indy the Iron Maiden year, (which year was that, 2005?) a bunch of people walked right out of line to get in when it was announced that Sabbath wasn't playing because Ozzy was ill. Fuck me, that was the best Ozzfest ever, along with 2004, I didn't care at all. Ozzy was just dessert for me at that point. Like they could follow Maiden at this point anyway. Maybe 20 years ago.

mankvill
05-02-2010, 12:48 AM
I think ozzfest will be dead by 2012. People are bitching about the dates but im suprised that thier was more then 1.

If more dates are added next year with another solid lineup, Ozzfest will continue until they hammer the final nail in Ozzy's coffin.

If they decrease dates, have one date, etc. next year, Ozzfest is gone.

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-02-2010, 01:58 AM
If more dates are added next year with another solid lineup, Ozzfest will continue until they hammer the final nail in Ozzy's coffin.

If they decrease dates, have one date, etc. next year, Ozzfest is gone.

I agree. The problem is that Sharon insulted Reese & Lyman talking shit about their Warped tour. They created Mayhem & could pay bands more $ cause they didn't have to deal with Ozzy taking a majority of the profits. Mayhem is for mainstream & established underground metal acts. Now they've created Uproar to steal the hard rock acts. Since Live Nation will promote all 3 tours I bet those guys get info about who Ozzy wants for Ozzfest & basically they take all of the acts that draw $ & quickly sign them to their tours. Ozzfest is left with not alot to choose from. I think the Maiden incident made bands steer clear of the tour.

Ozzfest needs to be restructured for 2011.

*Real metal bands- not 80's or nu metal
*Real tour. 6 shows? Play 20 next year.
*Change the dates. End of May through June like it was in 99 and before. Cooler weather=happier fans & performers. Plus you do not have to compete with other tours because yours is earlier in the summer.
*Sign your main stage & second stage headliners around Halloween the year before. Announce the line up & tour dates after Thanksgiving. Put the tix onsale a few weeks before Christmas & watch how many fans buy ticketsfor themselves & others as presents.
*Instead of trying to pay one big band (ala Crue or Metallica) to headline, go for more metal acts. They are as good and cost less. Plus, if you have a real metal line up, people will show up. What 2011 looked like this:

Main:
Ozzy 60 min
Megadeth 80 min
Mastodon 45 min
Anthrax 35 min

Jager:
Machine Head 45 min
Skeletonwitch 20 min
Mutiny Within 20 min
Local Act 15 min

Ozzfest Stage:
Black Label Society 45 min
Down 35 min
Arch Enemy 30 min

They could pull that off easily. It would sell too. Start the shows at 3:00 pm to save $ on having security/other staff on hand. Its a smaller show with better bands but very do-able imo. A good mix of metal old & new.

JRA
05-02-2010, 07:47 AM
I assume by "not 80's" you mean no hair bands, right?

daimonos
05-02-2010, 08:19 AM

Yeah I'm planning on checking out their stuff too, actually.

mankvill
05-02-2010, 09:46 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCmvHD8oj3A

:rocker:

evildeadjedi
05-02-2010, 10:08 AM

I heard them on Last.fm nice stuff! :rocker:

daimonos
05-02-2010, 10:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCmvHD8oj3A

:rocker:

sounds like something I can enjoy. The guitars are cool. I'm not too big on the vocals though, but I can probably get past that.

Sanitarium78
05-02-2010, 12:38 PM

Ozzfest is dead already. Where the fustration comes in is from a number of factors actually:

1) They took FOREVER to announce the lineup and then when they did, that was it? Ozzy and Crue? You can't wait that long and drag it out unless there's something major you're gonna announce. Which, as it turns out, this was not a major announcement. Ozzy and Crue have toured countless times over the years and it's not really a huge treat to see these two anymore. Who wants to go and see Ozzy quite possible have a questionable performance and hear Vince Neil butcher Crue's stuff because he's an awful live singer?

2) Limitted dates. If they're gonna do so few dates they need to make it something that people are willing to travel great distances to see. They haven't at all. This isn't anything that'll get people to say "goddam i'm gonna travel a few hundred miles to see this" unless you're a diehard fan of Ozzy or Crue. If they got the big four to play on the same stage for five shows only in the US imagine how big of an event each one of those shows would be.

3) Overall band selection. Yes, Mayhem and other package tours play a factor and have most of the secondary bands booked. But they aren't offering anything too great with that either. Besides Halford and DevilDriver I could care less about the other secondary bands on the bill. I like BLS but they play the same set all the time so there isn't anything new with seeing them.

4) Sharon Osbourne. Enough said:D

Ozzfest is no longer THE metal festival of the summer. Mayhem fest is that now. Weather you like this years Mayhem lineup or not, you can't really deny that it's the metal fest of the summer in the US now. Ozzfest has become just another festival in a summer that's always filled with a countless number of them.

BlackmoreOfBowling
05-02-2010, 01:14 PM

Saviours are the top reason I'm going to Ozzfest actually...

TonyD
05-02-2010, 03:21 PM
I would have been way more excited about them being on the bill if it was a full tour. It seems like they don't have a problem taking a gamble on bands with only a single or handful of dates.

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-03-2010, 01:51 AM
I would have been way more excited about them being on the bill if it was a full tour. It seems like they don't have a problem taking a gamble on bands with only a single or handful of dates.

Tony, I agree with you. One thng about Ozzfest is that alot of people go to see Ozzy. He was in the band that more or less started metal. Even Ozzy solos has a history of great songs he can mix in the set with a few Sabbath songs. The big let down is the fact that unless you live within a 4 to 5 hour drive to those 6 shows, alot of fans probably cannot make it for various reasons. Add other shows to the line up, play the midwest, south, just a few more dates and alot less people would be bitching about it.

In hindsight, Ozzy should have just cancelled Ozzfest and took out Halford, BLS, Devildriver, and Skeletonwitch on a fall arena tour. It would have made alot more sense (and cents) instead of this half assed attempt to complete with Mayhem.

Sanitarium78
05-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Tony, I agree with you. One thng about Ozzfest is that alot of people go to see Ozzy. He was in the band that more or less started metal. Even Ozzy solos has a history of great songs he can mix in the set with a few Sabbath songs. The big let down is the fact that unless you live within a 4 to 5 hour drive to those 6 shows, alot of fans probably cannot make it for various reasons. Add other shows to the line up, play the midwest, south, just a few more dates and alot less people would be bitching about it.

In hindsight, Ozzy should have just cancelled Ozzfest and took out Halford, BLS, Devildriver, and Skeletonwitch on a fall arena tour. It would have made alot more sense (and cents) instead of this half assed attempt to complete with Mayhem.

I agree with everything here. They're trying to make it out to be a special thing to see Ozzy and Motley Crue but it just isn't anymore. Doing such limitted dates shows a lot of arrogance and gives off an image of "I'm more important than anything else, look how exclusive our tour is." The fall arena tour you proposed is a great idea. It would be like when I saw the first ever Ozzfest in 1996 and it was in an arena.

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-03-2010, 07:56 AM
I agree. Ozzfest with Crue is cool, but not 'special' like it was with Metallica a few years ago. Hopefully we get some off dates.