PDA

View Full Version : Nevermore/Symphony X/Candlemass tour

JuuKun
04-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Warrel Dane from Nevermore just tweeted earlier "Nevermore Sym X and Candlemass!!!"

Oh, god, I hope it's North America. I want to see all three of those bands. Nevermore especially! :rocker:

DethMaiden
04-29-2010, 05:55 PM
WHAT

THIS WILL BE AMAZING

Maiden33
04-29-2010, 05:55 PM
DO. NOT. WANT.

DethMaiden
04-29-2010, 05:56 PM
DO. NOT. WANT.

Yeah, Symphony X will be a little gay, but the other two! :party:

;)

Maiden33
04-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Yeah, Symphony X will be a little gay, but the other two! :party:

;)

Can you get on Facebook chat or something?

DethMaiden
04-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Can you get on Facebook chat or something?

I'm leaving within the next ten minutes or so so there's really no point.

ravenheart
04-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Holy mother of God what a trio! I'd be ALL OVER this.

I think it will be USA. Nevermore here is with Death Angel next month.

es156
04-29-2010, 06:05 PM
Holy mother of God what a trio! I'd be ALL OVER this.

Totally agree. This would be beyond amazing!

I have been hoping that Candlemass would tour the States again. I would prefer to see them on a headline tour but I will take what I can get. This would be a great show.

xStructualDefect
04-29-2010, 06:08 PM
i never got into Nevermore but always thought they sounded good from what i've heard. any suggestions of what to listen to?

Candlemass is a big meh..

but Symphony X on the bill guarantees that i'm going.

SerpentineVIVIVI
04-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Wow, I never get excited about too many bills, but this is fucking ridiculous. My god if this is true......fucking A!!! :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-29-2010, 06:10 PM
I'll be there.

Dreaming Neon Black is a good place to start for Nevermore.

Not really into them anymore, but that album kicks ass.

BlackmoreOfBowling
04-29-2010, 06:15 PM
The important part is Candlemass showing the other 2 bands how it's done.

Davemeistro
04-29-2010, 06:19 PM
I pooped.

JuuKun
04-29-2010, 06:24 PM
i never got into Nevermore but always thought they sounded good from what i've heard. any suggestions of what to listen to?

Like Blitzkrieg said, Dreaming Neon Black is a very good place to start. I'd also recommend Dead Heart in a Dead World, that's my second favorite after DNB.

Sanitarium78
04-29-2010, 06:27 PM

Dreaming Neon Black and This Godless Endeavor are the best places to start with Nevermore. Did it say who was gonna be headlining this show? I'm not big on the other two bands but Nevermore is one of my favorites and well worth going for.

Akumu
04-29-2010, 06:31 PM
Dude, I was in the worst mood ever, and seeing this just blew my mind. I'd mainly be going for SymX, but I'd be VERY curious about Nevermore and Candlemass live. BE TRUE PLZ. :snivel:

Wrathchild_84
04-29-2010, 06:36 PM
I hope this comes to Dallas

Maiden33
04-29-2010, 06:36 PM
For the record, my explanation behind my original post:

I mean no disrespect to either Candlemass or Nevermore, but we're comparing one of my favorite bands (not to mention my favorite live band) to two bands I don't listen to after having had a fair amount of exposure to their material.

I just have a negative reaction because most likely this will result in ticket prices a good $15 more than what Symphony X charges, and even if they are the headliner, it will be almost certainly be a reduced set. Not to mention they'll probably feel pressured to do their heaviest material. Also - sure these two bands are worlds ahead of anything local support could offer, but I'm still looking at standing through 2 hours of music by bands I don't listen to and don't like that much.

I'll still go, just by nature of how much I love live Symphony X, but I'm definitely upset with this as opposed to a tour with just them headlining.

xStructualDefect
04-29-2010, 06:39 PM
For the record, my explanation behind my original post:

I mean no disrespect to either Candlemass or Nevermore, but we're comparing one of my favorite bands (not to mention my favorite live band) to two bands I don't listen to after having had a fair amount of exposure to their material.

I just have a negative reaction because most likely this will result in ticket prices a good $15 more than what Symphony X charges, and even if they are the headliner, it will be almost certainly be a reduced set. Not to mention they'll probably feel pressured to do their heaviest material. Also - sure these two bands are worlds ahead of anything local support could offer, but I'm still looking at standing through 2 hours of music by bands I don't listen to and don't like that much.

I'll still go, just by nature of how much I love live Symphony X, but I'm definitely upset with this as opposed to a tour with just them headlining.

so is Nevermore for sure headlining? i have no idea how big Nevermore's fanbase is, but Symphony X filled the club up to the max last time they were here in '08.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-29-2010, 06:40 PM
I hope this comes to Dallas

Yep. Sounds like maybe a Ridglea theater in FT. Worth type of show.

Maiden33
04-29-2010, 06:41 PM
so is Nevermore for sure headlining? i have no idea how big Nevermore's fanbase is, but Symphony X filled the club up to the max last time they were here in '08.

Nothing is confirmed as far as I know. If I insinuated something else it was an accident.

I'm not 100% sure what kind of fanbase the other two bands have, but Symphony X definitely has the popularity to headline the tour. All 4 shows I've seen have been relatively full.

Sanitarium78
04-29-2010, 07:01 PM
so is Nevermore for sure headlining? i have no idea how big Nevermore's fanbase is

I'm as big of a Nevermore fan as there can probably be on this board and even I can't say for certian the size of their fanbase. They've never had great albums sales but tracking album sales has always been flawed I think. They do have a very dedicated cult following so the possibility of them headlining this isn't out of the question. The main problem is that a couple of members had health issues and then they did side projects. So it's been 5 years since Nevermore has released anything new. So the fanbase may have dwindled a bit due to the large period between new releases.

JuuKun
04-29-2010, 07:04 PM
Having never seen any of the bands live, I have no idea what any of these bands draw around here. I know the last time Symphony X played here they played the upstairs stage at the Palladium (which holds a few hundred, not sure of the figure), but they sold it out on a Wednesday night from what I hear. I'm not particularly sure, but I thought I remembered hearing a lot of reports that the turnout on the last Candlemass tour in the States was awful.

I'm willing to bet it's Symphony X or Nevermore headlining, not Candlemass if that last part is true. It could be a toss-up between the two, though. A few people on the ProgPower board mentioned that Nevermore have done support for bigger bands opposed to headlining dates, which would give them more exposure than the headlining tours SymX has done - but the only bands I can think of that they've supported are Megadeth and In Flames. I'm sure there are more (I think they toured with Savatage in 2001 or something), but those are the only ones I know for sure.

I would personally like Nevermore to headline, but would be satisfied if Symphony X headlined, so long as Nevermore doesn't open, though Candlemass don't deserve to open, either. Damnit.

mankvill
04-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Sure, Nevermore and Symphony X are good.

But Candlemass are fucking legends. :light:

Akumu
04-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Having never seen any of the bands live, I have no idea what any of these bands draw around here. I know the last time Symphony X played here they played the upstairs stage at the Palladium (which holds a few hundred, not sure of the figure), but they sold it out on a Wednesday night from what I hear.

That show was actually supposed to be downstairs, but they moved it upstairs something like three days before the show. And I was honestly surprised to hear that they sold it out - it didn't seem anywhere near as packed as it was for Epica or the Finnish Metal show, but granted, those are the only two other shows I've seen upstairs. They played at the Webster a few months earlier and the turnout wasn't that great, but that was a Thursday. They sold out the Middle East in Boston the night after, though.

My gut says that Nevermore's headlining, but I wouldn't mind being proven wrong. ;)

SomewhereInTime72
04-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Symphony X are probably my favorite of those 3, too...

But, holy shit. Fucking awesome, yo.

DethMaiden
04-29-2010, 07:30 PM
I feel infinitely less bad about missing Gigantour 2005 now, since Symphony X and Nevermore were the two big ones from that show that I still haven't seen.

JuuKun
04-29-2010, 07:41 PM
I feel infinitely less bad about missing Gigantour 2005 now, since Symphony X and Nevermore were the two big ones from that show that I still haven't seen.

Oh, yeah, they were both on Gigantour 2005, huh?

So, forget what I said about supporting Megadeth being a possible factor in Nevermore headlining :lol:

MPF
04-29-2010, 07:42 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This fucking tour better hit Minnesota!!!

Davemeistro
04-29-2010, 07:48 PM

If it doesn't, I wont care too much. I'm willing to drive a very long distance to see two of my absolute favorite bands.

Travis The Dragon
04-29-2010, 08:47 PM

I will cum EXTRA HARD if it comes to MN!!!!!!!! :rocker:

MPF
04-29-2010, 09:07 PM
I will cum EXTRA HARD if it comes to MN!!!!!!!! :rocker:

I'll be doing the same thing! Preferably at a different time. :D

ravenheart
04-30-2010, 12:25 AM
This will be a hell of a show. As Maiden33 said, SX are awesome live, Candlemass with Rob Lowe are twice as good as Candlemass with Messiah, and Nevermore DESTROY live. I can't wait for the Nevermore/Death Angel gig in three weeks time.

Doesn't look like I'll get to see Candlemass or SX this year unless they book tours in the winter, but I saw Candlemass last year (the show that has now been released on the Ashes To Ashes DVD/CD) and the year before, and I've seen SX three times.

Even so, this is probably the best bill of all the upcoming tours people have posted here.

maidenpriest
04-30-2010, 02:16 AM
THIS WOULD BE AMAZING! Symphony X is easily my favorite of the three but i have always wanted to see Nevermore live. Jeff Loomis and Michael Romeo in the same show... :drool: im hoping for a equal set between Nevermore and Symphony X but i doubt that will happen. either way im there

IrritatedTrout
04-30-2010, 07:13 AM
This would be a great show. Both Symphony X and Candlemass were phenomenal a few years ago. I'd wager Nevermore will be headlining as they have a new album out and haven't done a US tour in awhile I believe. When I saw Symphony X they did almost sell out the club. Candlemass on the other hand had awful attendance but they still put 100% into their show.

The Green and Black
04-30-2010, 07:17 AM
Like Blitzkrieg said, Dreaming Neon Black is a very good place to start. I'd also recommend Dead Heart in a Dead World, that's my second favorite after DNB.

Dead Heart is by far my favorite Nevermore album. I favor the In Memory EP a close second, or perhaps a tie. That's what got me into them.

ravenheart
04-30-2010, 10:10 AM
Dreaming Neon Black and In Memory for me, then Dead Heart, then the rest more or less all tied. It's quite a catalogue, when you think about it.

Just a month until the new one! Slightly annoyed that the European dates are before the album comes out, but never mind. I'm hoping Century Media will do me a favour ;)

makethemsuffer12
04-30-2010, 10:38 AM
ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG YES

The Green and Black
04-30-2010, 11:02 AM
Dreaming Neon Black and In Memory for me, then Dead Heart, then the rest more or less all tied. It's quite a catalogue, when you think about it.

Just a month until the new one! Slightly annoyed that the European dates are before the album comes out, but never mind. I'm hoping Century Media will do me a favour ;)

You know, I never liked Dreaming Neon Black. I was put off by that album when it came out. hmm, maybe I'll give it another chance, I do own it. A little bit older, a little bit wiser! ;)

ravenheart
04-30-2010, 11:19 AM
It is a little bit less metal than the others, if I'm honest. The title track does it for me every time though.

DethMaiden
04-30-2010, 11:20 AM
I'm wondering what the setlist will look like. Presumably a lot from the forthcoming album and This Godless Endeavor with a few of the requisite tracks from Dead Heart ("The River Dragon Has Come," "Believe in Nothing," maybe the title track)...not sure what else would make the cut.

Sanitarium78
04-30-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm wondering what the setlist will look like. Presumably a lot from the forthcoming album and This Godless Endeavor with a few of the requisite tracks from Dead Heart ("The River Dragon Has Come," "Believe in Nothing," maybe the title track)...not sure what else would make the cut.

It's hard to say with Nevermore. They deffinately mix up the set a lot if they're headlining. Just when you think "they'll do this song for sure" they do something completely opposite. The set on 'The Year Of The Voyager' DVD/CD is proff of that. If they're opening though the set won't change too much at all.

Crionics
04-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Sure, Nevermore and Symphony X are good.

But Candlemass are fucking legends. :light:

Teh truth

Indestructible
05-01-2010, 10:47 AM
i never got into Nevermore but always thought they sounded good from what i've heard. any suggestions of what to listen to

Its hard to tell you what album to start with because they are all so great.
Try This Godless endeavor,Dead Heart in a Dead World, The politics of ecstasy and The obsidian Conspiracy when it comes out next month.

Fe Maiden
05-03-2010, 07:31 AM
Yeah, Symphony X will be a little gay
:mad: I hope you were being sarcastic

ravenheart
05-03-2010, 07:57 AM

Jeff-baiting, rather than sarcasm ;)

BloodoftheKings
05-03-2010, 09:22 AM
:D

DethMaiden
05-03-2010, 09:49 AM

Jeff-baiting, rather than sarcasm ;)

Yeah, I actually love Symphony X. :lol:

MPF
05-03-2010, 09:53 AM
That's right. The only thing gay about Symphony X is having to wait for the new album.

maidenpriest
05-03-2010, 04:49 PM
That's right. The only thing gay about Symphony X is having to wait for the new album.

^^ this.

cant wait for it to finally come out.

Maiden33
05-03-2010, 04:51 PM
^^ this.

cant wait for it to finally come out.

Finally? It hasn't even been 3 years yet. I'm guessing you weren't a fan during the FIVE year wait for Paradise lost?

maidenpriest
05-03-2010, 04:54 PM
no i wasnt honestly. was only 11 when the Odyssey came out. lol started listening to symphony in early 2006/late 2005 i think.

Chyck
05-19-2010, 07:52 AM
Any recent updates on this? Even N. America vs anywhere else? Anything?

ravenheart
05-19-2010, 10:19 AM
Any recent updates on this? Even N. America vs anywhere else? Anything?

Last night Warrel said "The Obsidian Conspiracy World Tour is coming this Fall", that's all.