PDA

View Full Version : SLAYER's Seasons In The Abyss, MEGADETH's Rust In Peace on American Carnage

es156
04-26-2010, 06:57 AM
Source: Brave Words (http://www.bravewords.com/news/137548)

MEGADETH and SLAYER, who last toured the US together 19 years ago on the Clash Of The Titans extravaganza, have confirmed that they will each perform, start to finish, their 1990 releases - Slayer's world-wide, million-selling Seasons In The Abyss and Megadeth's Platinum Rust In Peace - on the upcoming Canadian and American Carnage Tours.

:rocker:

idrinkwine732
04-26-2010, 06:58 AM
Sounds pretty awesome...

Natrlhi
04-26-2010, 07:02 AM
While Slayer performing an entire album is very exciting to me, I so much more wish it has been South of Heaven or Reign in Blood than Seasons. I do like Seasons, but I much prefer their earlier work. At least it's not anything after Seasons - that might actually make me consider not going at all.

I've no opinion on the Megadeth thing. I've always been kinda uninterested in them. No real reason, they've just never been my thing.

Derelict
04-26-2010, 07:40 AM
This is the rescheduled tour from the spring right? My girlfriends parents got us tickets to that for Christmas, Seasons in the Abyss sure sweetens the pot.

JRA
04-26-2010, 07:46 AM
Seasons...kinda sucks.

Hey Slayer, none of your fans want to hear Temptation played live.

The Green and Black
04-26-2010, 07:50 AM
I'm actually excited by this news. Was considering cashing in my tickets, since I saw Megadeth in Scranton with Testament in March, but I think I'll hold on to them now. :D My favorite Slayer album is probably South of Heaven, but I think it will be cool to hear the entire Seasons live. Dead Skin Mask! :party:

ravenheart
04-26-2010, 07:53 AM
My favorite Slayer album is probably South of Heaven, but I think it will be cool to hear the entire Seasons live. Dead Skin Mask! :party:

This.

IrritatedTrout
04-26-2010, 07:56 AM
While Slayer performing an entire album is very exciting to me, I so much more wish it has been South of Heaven or Reign in Blood than Seasons.

Same. I guess Seasons is cool though.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-26-2010, 07:58 AM
Seasons...kinda sucks.

Hey Slayer, none of your fans want to hear Temptation played live.

Speak for yourself. I happen to like the song. I'd much rather hear all of Hell Awaits or South of Heaven, though.

bt11763
04-26-2010, 08:10 AM
FUCK YES!!

I totally fucking called them playing Seasons a few months back, I'm pumped!! :rocker::rocker:

is Testament playing all of The Legacy still?

SomewhereInTime72
04-26-2010, 08:27 AM
Seasons is the best Slayer album.

maidenpriest
04-26-2010, 08:29 AM
i was kind of hoping for a greatest hits set of sort from Slayer and Megadeth since ive never seen either live but oh well. as long as they play their biggest hits not on these albums as well ill be okay. plus Seasons i felt was the most well rounded Slayer album. will be cool to hear skeletons of society and expendable youth live.

Chyck
04-26-2010, 08:43 AM
i was kind of hoping for a greatest hits set of sort from Slayer and Megadeth

Ditto - but this is cool enough. There's something about knowing this months ahead of time that bums me out a bit, but oh well.

Natrlhi
04-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Seasons is the best Slayer album.
That is incorrect. ;)

Jochen
04-26-2010, 09:16 AM
This is awesome. RIP is my favorite Megadeth album. I'm actually really excited to hear Seasons, not sure if it's my definite favorite, but it is tied for first, definitely better than Reign in Blood.

The Green and Black
04-26-2010, 09:17 AM
I'm probably going against the grain here, but I love Divine Intervention.

South of Heaven, still my favorite though!

ravenheart
04-26-2010, 09:42 AM

Welcome to my World. I also love Diabolus In Musica and God Hates Us All. I know I'm in the minority with those too.

ravenheart
04-26-2010, 09:43 AM
That is incorrect. ;)

Yes it is.

GOD HATES US AAAALLL ;)

JRA
04-26-2010, 09:44 AM
I'd much rather hear all of Hell Awaits or South of Heaven, though.

This I can get behind.

girnny777
04-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Fucking pumped for this. Blood Red, Spirit In Black, Skeletons of Society...

Natrlhi
04-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Yes it is.

GOD HATES US AAAALLL ;)Knew you'd say that. ;)

(and I don't entirely disagree)

Derelict
04-26-2010, 10:06 AM
I love coming on here to find that albums I really like, in fact, are terrible

DethMaiden
04-26-2010, 10:08 AM
I love coming on here to find that albums I really like, in fact, are terrible

:lol:

Seasons is a good choice, makes sense with the anniversary. Easily my second favorite after South of Heaven.

Jochen
04-26-2010, 10:51 AM

South of Heaven, still my favorite though!

I love Divine Intervention too, also tied for first, imo. Seriously, that album is severely underrated, and for such a lame reason, all I ever hear about is how "oh it's just Slayer trying to do Reign in Blood again," when it's totally different.

SerpentineVIVIVI
04-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Cannot wait, I absolutely love Seasons, a very close second only behind South by .000000000001%.

mankvill
04-26-2010, 11:13 AM
I CAME.

This is some of the best news I've ever gotten. Seriously. Seasons is my 2nd favorite Slayer record, right behind South of Heaven. I cannot wait. And I'm SO glad they chose to do this instead of Reign in Filler.

I CAME.

ravenheart
04-26-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm SO glad they chose to do this instead of Reign in Filler.

Amen.

JuuKun
04-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Seasons is my 2nd favorite Slayer record, right behind South of Heaven. I cannot wait. And I'm SO glad they chose to do this instead of Reign in Filler.

This.

mastodon421
04-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Awesome News. I am proably going to have to bring a spare pair of pants to this show.

makethemsuffer12
04-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Fuckin' sweet news, even more pumped for this.

Reign in Blood is their best, though :P

Natrlhi
04-26-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm SO glad they chose to do this instead of Reign in Filler.:mad: Your mother is filler. :flame:

Crionics
04-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Damn..really pissed theres no date near me.

makethemsuffer12
04-26-2010, 01:35 PM
:mad: Your mother is filler. :flame:

:fist:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-26-2010, 01:47 PM

This. :rocker:

mastodon421
04-26-2010, 02:05 PM
:mad: Your mother is filler. :flame:

+1

mankvill
04-26-2010, 02:32 PM

hhhhhell no.

Worst of their "good" stuff.

Travis The Dragon
04-26-2010, 02:53 PM
YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rjturtle9
04-26-2010, 03:42 PM
I get a second chance at The Legacy and Rust in Peace!!! :party::rocker::party:

Hopefully I won't crack my head open or get kicked out this time :eyes:

Crionics
04-26-2010, 04:16 PM
hhhhhell no.

O no he did ent

makethemsuffer12
04-26-2010, 04:35 PM
hhhhhell no.

nigga u crazy

mankvill
04-26-2010, 04:41 PM
South Of Heaven
Seasons In The Abyss
Show No Mercy
Hell Awaits
Reign In Blood

As it is written, so it shall be.

rjturtle9
04-26-2010, 04:47 PM
South Of Heaven
Seasons In The Abyss
Show No Mercy
Hell Awaits
Reign In Blood

As it is written, so it shall be.

Mankvill there is something wrong with you.

mankvill
04-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Mankvill there is something wrong with you.

*conks you on the head*

OH SHIT D:

rjturtle9
04-26-2010, 04:48 PM
*conks you on the head*

OH SHIT D:

:flame:

larvtard
04-26-2010, 04:58 PM
When I first saw this, I was pissed that I couldn't see this tour because Seasons in full would be amazing.

Then I really thought about it...

They always play War Ensemble and Dead Skin Mask (favorite and least favorite songs on the album respectively). They've been doing Spirit in Black and the title track recently (both great songs, but Spirit is a must play and Seasons is not). The only song on this album I love that I would have NO chance of hearing after this tour is "Expendable Youth."

Don't get me wrong, the other songs rule, but they aren't must-plays.

Also, I don't see why people love Hell Awaits and Show No Mercy so much. I consider myself a huge Slayer fan (SLAYER IS GOD) but I can barely listen to those...:confused:

TonyD
04-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Spirit in Black... maybe my favorite Slayer song. I'm really glad I didn't go down to LA for RIP.

Also: "Carnage" tour sounds stupid anywhere other than Canada, Chile, California etc. I don't think "Rust in the Abyss" it any more corny.

mankvill
04-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Also, I don't see why people love Hell Awaits and Show No Mercy so much. I consider myself a huge Slayer fan (SLAYER IS GOD) but I can barely listen to those...:confused:

Different styles of metalz.

evildeadjedi
04-26-2010, 05:39 PM

I actually would say by and large most see slayer as:

Reign in Blood > Seasons in the Abyss > South of Heaven > Hell Awaits > Show No Mercy > Divine Intervention > God Hates Us All > the others.

Show No Mercy is extremely raw but Die by the Sword, Captor of Sin (if your version includes haunting the chapel), Haunting the Chapel (if your version includes haunting the chapel), Chemical Warfare(if your version includes haunting the chapel), Crionics, and Show No Mercy are great! :rocker: :rocker::rocker:

Hell Awaits still has bad production but it's more focused. Hell Awaits, At Dawn They Sleep, Praise of Death and Hardening of the Arteries kill! :rocker::rocker::rocker:

ravenheart
04-26-2010, 05:40 PM
I actually would say by and large most see slayer as:

Reign in Blood > Seasons in the Abyss > South of Heaven > Hell Awaits > Show No Mercy > Divine Intervention > God Hates Us All > the others.

I agree with this. Well, I don't agree with it at all, but I agree that this is how most people view Slayer.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Reign in Blood will always be at the top of my list because it's fucking awesome but also it was my introduction to Slayer back in 1986.

That album changed metal for me. I was used to Dio and Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. I didn't know metal could be that fast and aggressive and (for the time) brutal. It was the antithesis to all the Def Leppard and Poison and Bon Jovi shit that was popular at that time. it was the right album at the right time for me.

ravenheart
04-26-2010, 06:12 PM
I had no strong feelings about it until I saw them do it live and fell asleep. Almost literally. It's their most one-dimensional, single-idea album they've done. No variety, nothing. So boring.

Add it to the list of "unpopular Ravenheart opinions".

makethemsuffer12
04-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Here's my personal ranking for Slayer:

1.Reign In Blood
2.God Hates Us All
3.Show No Mercy
4.Seasons in the Abyss
5.Christ Illusion
6.South of Heaven
7.Hell Awaits
8.World Painted Blood

I still don't own Divine Intervention or Diabolus In Musica, but from what I've heard Divine is not that bad and Diabolus is kinda meh.

Natrlhi
04-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Reign in Blood will always be at the top of my list because it's fucking awesome but also it was my introduction to Slayer back in 1986.

That album changed metal for me. I was used to Dio and Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. I didn't know metal could be that fast and aggressive and (for the time) brutal. It was the antithesis to all the Def Leppard and Poison and Bon Jovi shit that was popular at that time. it was the right album at the right time for me.

Exactly.

ravenheart
04-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Diabolus is kinda meh.

It's different. It kinda comes down to how willing you are to accept different from a band who normally always sound the same.

Generally speaking, Slayer fans aren't. At all.

evildeadjedi
04-26-2010, 06:49 PM

Thrash metal at it's finest me and my friend Bryan prior to Slayer thought Metallica was the most brutal music we had heard. The first time I heard the opening riff of "Angel of Death" I got cold chills SO BRUTAL SO BEAUTIFUL!
I remember hearing it the first time and I was like this is some of the most psychotic and evil sounding music I have heard in my life. Promptly I started it from track one again and never looked back.

idrinkwine732
04-26-2010, 07:36 PM
I think Reign in Blood is probably the most significant album that got me into metal. I didn't really know what I was wanting at the time, so when I tried out Maiden, it got the ball rolling. Once I got Reign in Blood I was all the way down the rabbit hole. I think I'd prefer to hear Reign in Blood more, but I think Seasons could be just as if not more fun live.

davidis138
04-27-2010, 03:30 AM
I just checked my email and I got this from the Megadeth FC. And I'm faded as fuck right now so this is really awesome news :light: :rocker:

AnglOvDeth
04-27-2010, 04:29 AM
Coming into this rather late... or early, depending on how long this Slayer debate goes... but,
I totally agree with everyone who LOVES Divine Intervention!!!! I won't rank Slayer albums, too damn challenging, but THIS album is way underrated, and I hope on the next tour they bring back some Killing Fields, 213, and Sex, Murder, Art! Maybe Slayer could do a "Chronology Tour" ???????

:rocker:

This calls for a "Dream SLAYER Setlist" in the proper forum...

makethemsuffer12
04-27-2010, 06:36 AM
It's different. It kinda comes down to how willing you are to accept different from a band who normally always sound the same.

Generally speaking, Slayer fans aren't. At all.

It has nothing to do with how different it is. God Hates Us All is my 2nd favorite Slayer album, so that definately isn't the case. The songs just weren't all that great if I remember correctly. This might call for another listen...

larvtard
04-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Show No Mercy is extremely raw but Die by the Sword, Captor of Sin (if your version includes haunting the chapel), Haunting the Chapel (if your version includes haunting the chapel), Chemical Warfare(if your version includes haunting the chapel), Crionics, and Show No Mercy are great! :rocker: :rocker::rocker:

Hell Awaits still has bad production but it's more focused. Hell Awaits, At Dawn They Sleep, Praise of Death and Hardening of the Arteries kill! :rocker::rocker::rocker:

I'm gonna sound like a pussy, but the reason I said I can't listen to Hell Awaits and Show No Mercy is actually because of the production... :eyes:

makethemsuffer12
05-01-2010, 06:16 AM
I'm gonna sound like a pussy, but the reason I said I can't listen to Hell Awaits and Show No Mercy is actually because of the production... :eyes:

I somewhat agree. I can listen to SNM fine, but I don't really like listening to Hell Awaits because of the production.

larvtard
05-01-2010, 02:28 PM
I somewhat agree. I can listen to SNM fine, but I don't really like listening to Hell Awaits because of the production.

they should rerecord "Hell Awaits." with modern production it would be so brutal and evil :flame:

I know it didn't really work too well with Exodus, but did Bonded by Blood have shitty production like Hell Awaits?

Crionics
05-01-2010, 03:15 PM
they should rerecord "Hell Awaits." with modern production it would be so brutal and evil :flame:

I know it didn't really work too well with Exodus, but did Bonded by Blood have shitty production like Hell Awaits?

Nah BBB production isn't too bad. I can stand Hell Awaits production, but one thing I think they could do is Re-issue Hell Awaits with bonus rerecorded tracks of some of their old unreleased stuff such as "Night Rider" and "The High Priestess"