PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Judas Priest performing all of Nostradamus?

Travis The Dragon
04-24-2010, 07:28 PM
JP had mentioned quite a few times that they would like to tour and do all of Nostradamus. I wonder why it never happened. Now Rob is going to do a solo tour which is cool, but I would love to see this amazing album performed! Maybe they'll do it in the fall or something? I wonder if there's been any statements made recently, within the last 4 months or so, regarding this.

Maiden33
04-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Who knows, I'm not complaining. I'm FOR them doing it, but it's not something I feel I desperately need to see. If it happens, I'll look into going, but I haven't heard anything about it in quite a while.

TonyD
04-24-2010, 09:36 PM
They came to their senses.

ravenheart
04-25-2010, 03:14 AM
Didn't they say they'd do it on the tour after the British Steel one?

Sounds like they're having the rest of 2010 off, so I'm not expecting them to do it until 2011.

The Green and Black
04-25-2010, 08:53 AM
I'm one of the few Priest Fans that I know who actually likes Nostradamus. A lot of long time die hard Priest fans I know were disgusted with that record. I like it, but almost wish they had released it under a different name. It's really out in left field for them, which sometimes can be a good thing, but still.

ravenheart
04-25-2010, 08:56 AM
I like it. It just should have been one disc without the filler instrumental bits.

I would have liked more metal guitar on it too.

But I love the Priest sound since the first Ripper album. That heavier, slightly more mechanical guitar sound.

I certainly want to see Nostradamus live, and the word is that when they do it here it will be a special show at the Royal Albert Hall with full production. I'm ALL over that.

JRA
04-25-2010, 09:38 AM
I like it. It just should have been one disc without the filler instrumental bits.

Agreed.

SomewhereInTime72
04-25-2010, 09:40 AM
Yeah, I would certainly pay to see this show. Nostradamus has actually grown on me since it came out. I never listen to it when I'm in the mood for a 'Priest' album though.

Sanitarium78
04-25-2010, 11:19 AM
I didn't like this album too much. I actually keep forgetting that they recorded it. I'm not surprised that they may have given up on playing it live. The album divided the fans a lot. There really isn't much point in doing it when only half of them like it and the other half doesn't. It's a bad move ticket sales wise if you ask me.

es156
04-25-2010, 11:50 AM

I agree with this as well.