PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden In The Classroom

Butcher of Birth
04-23-2010, 03:33 PM
So I'm in my 1st period class today and the classroom phone rings and the teacher says "Logan it's for you", so I walk over and it's my English III Honors teacher from last year. He goes on to ask, "Hey, do you have 'Powerslave' on you?"

"Yeah, it's in my car."

"Well can I borrow it for 3rd Period?"

"Sure I'll have it for you in a minute."

So the class ends, I run to my car and get him "Powerslave" and he says "Nice! Thanks again, we are reading 'Rime of the Ancient Mariner' so I figured I let them hear a 'musical' version and not just the plain old text. Time to relive my teenage years!"

So how awesome is that? Using Iron Maiden's music to give students another way to think and visualize the text in the book? Awesome! Made my day!

rjturtle9
04-23-2010, 03:51 PM
I think a class field trip to the Final Frontier Tour is in session ;)

makethemsuffer12
04-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Haha cool. Actually in my 9th grade History Class our teacher played Alexander the Great. I wasn't to crazy about the teacher, but I have to admit that it was pretty awesome of her.

Cynicist
04-23-2010, 04:02 PM
classroom phone?

What sort of sorcery is this?

Butcher of Birth
04-23-2010, 04:05 PM
It's called "2010"

Cynicist
04-23-2010, 04:15 PM
It's called "2010"

big brothers gonna get you! and your Powerslave cd!

The Green and Black
04-23-2010, 04:25 PM
classroom phone?

What sort of sorcery is this?

It's called "2010"

Daaaaaamn! You been served! :eyes:

ravenheart
04-23-2010, 04:30 PM
No, I'm back there with makethemsuffer, a phone... in the classroom... what kind of joke institution is this?

Crionics
04-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Cool story bro.

The Green and Black
04-23-2010, 04:33 PM
No, I'm back there with makethemsuffer, a phone... in the classroom... what kind of joke institution is this?

Twas actually Cynicist, not makethemsuffer ;)

ravenheart
04-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Sorry, scrolled to quickly for my eyes ;)

Maiden33
04-23-2010, 04:46 PM
We watched Rime from live After Death in my senior English class. That's why it pays to have an English teacher who likes Maiden, and knows you're a big Maiden fan.

DethMaiden
04-23-2010, 04:46 PM

Our high school had a phone in every room so the attendance officer could reach teachers and so teachers could reach each other...not usually so teachers could call students though. :eyes:

ravenheart
04-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Fucking. Weird.

I mean, my school, by the time I taught there, was good. Technology wise, one of the best. Phones in the classrooms? No.

DethMaiden
04-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Fucking. Weird.

I mean, my school, by the time I taught there, was good. Technology wise, one of the best. Phones in the classrooms? No.

What if a secretary in an office, instead of transferring calls to the employees' desks, just walked over to them and told them someone was calling, or shouted out the messages. That's basically what would happen if there weren't phones in the classrooms and the principal, attendance officer, guidance counselor, or another teacher needed to reach a teacher and they didn't have a phone. I can see scenarios where it would be a security risk not to have phones in the classrooms as well.

ravenheart
04-23-2010, 05:02 PM
What if a secretary in an office, instead of transferring calls to the employees' desks, just walked over to them and told them someone was calling, or shouted out the messages. That's basically what would happen if there weren't phones in the classrooms and the principal, attendance officer, guidance counselor, or another teacher needed to reach a teacher and they didn't have a phone. I can see scenarios where it would be a security risk not to have phones in the classrooms as well.

All of those things are what kids are for...

DethMaiden
04-23-2010, 05:03 PM
All of those things are what kids are for...

:lol: Alright, alright. So we Americans are lazier than you. Remind me why this is news? ;)

The Green and Black
04-23-2010, 05:05 PM
When I was in school, kids would work in the offices during free periods for credit. I did that one year, when I had a problem with one of my teachers and refused to take his class anymore. :eyes:

ravenheart
We don't have guidance counsellors in schools either.

Pussies ;)

ravenheart
That's why it pays to have an English teacher who likes Maiden, and knows you're a big Maiden fan.

This was me. Maths though.

Sanitarium78
04-23-2010, 05:16 PM
I went to high school from '92-'96 and we had phones in every room. It was just a way for administration to pass messages to techers and students if needed. I honestly thought that was the norm in most high schools, especially today.

The story about the teacher playing ROTAM for the class is really cool. The song can explain the message a lot faster than reading the actual poem can. I also have a funny story releated to this. My friend who's a few years older then me, had to write a report about ROTAM in high school for his english class. He wrote it about the song just to be a wise ass. When the teacher took him to talk to the principal he actually took my friends side becasue he argued that the teacher didn't specify it was supposed to be the poem. The principal agreed and my friend didn't get in any trouble and got a passing grade.

Sometimes you can have some fun when metal and literature intertwine with each other:)

ravenheart
04-23-2010, 05:18 PM
I went to high school from '92-'96 and we had phones in every room. It was just a way for administration to pass messages to techers and students if needed. I honestly thought that was the norm in most high schools, especially today.

Must be an American thing.

The Green and Black
04-23-2010, 06:01 PM
Must be an American thing.

My school didn't have that, but then again I went to Catholic School, all girls no less.

JRA
04-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Phones have been in the classroom since I was in elementary school. :eyes:

Butcher of Birth
04-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Alright, so let's get this straight...

Public Schools in America have Phones in every classroom (As of 2010 at least one Computer too)

Everything everywhere else, doesn't.

Maiden33
04-23-2010, 08:31 PM
My school didn't have that, but then again I went to Catholic School, all girls no less.

Kinky. ;)

:eyes:

Div
04-23-2010, 09:02 PM

any stories you want to share? preferably about confused adolescent girls exploring the new changes happening with their bodies? :naughty:

ravenheart
04-24-2010, 05:57 AM
any stories you want to share? preferably about confused adolescent girls exploring the new changes happening with their bodies? :naughty:

Care to contribute, B-rad? ;)

DethMaiden
04-24-2010, 06:59 AM
Care to contribute, B-rad? ;)

Nah, it's cool, I'm trying to lay low for a while. :lol:

rjturtle9
04-25-2010, 10:08 PM

You see this is why there aren't many female posters on this site :lol: