PDA

View Full Version : What does your user name mean?

The Green and Black
04-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Inspired by Fires of Sedition and Mastodon421 today :tongue:

So my question to all of you here, what does your user name mean???
Mine is kinda obvious but here goes -

The Green and Black - Opening track to the new Overkill CD, Ironbound, a homage to us hardcore Overkill fans. :D It's also a lyric in the title track, Ironbound, all my friends are green and black.

JRA
04-21-2010, 03:33 PM
my Wu-tang name

ADD
04-21-2010, 03:40 PM
The first 3 letters of my first name, not a direct reference to the disorder or Municipal Waste.

DethMaiden
04-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Uh, well, I was 13 and I thought I was cool so I took part of two band's names that I liked and now I realize how lame it is.

Derelict
04-21-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm a derelict

makethemsuffer12
04-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Cannibal Corpse song, derr. The 12 is for the month I was born in (December, for you slow folks).

Crionics
04-21-2010, 04:02 PM
A Slayer song off of Show No Mercy, yapp

mastodon421
04-21-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm honored you made this thread:D

My name is pretty simple Mastodon is my favorite band and 421 is my birthday.

mankvill
04-21-2010, 04:12 PM
5th grade project. Me and my friend were way into Pokemon. Project was to create an island with a theme to attract customers. Our theme was Pokemon island. The town where you rent Mankeys = Mankeyville.

Crionics
04-21-2010, 04:19 PM
5th grade project. Me and my friend were way into Pokemon. Project was to create an island with a theme to attract customers. Our theme was Pokemon island. The town where you rent Mankeys = Mankeyville.

That's badass

Cynicist
04-21-2010, 04:33 PM
2 : having or showing the attitude or temper of a cynic: as

a : contemptuously distrustful of human nature and motives

b : based on or reflecting a belief that human conduct is motivated primarily by self-interest

undergroundrage
04-21-2010, 04:33 PM
nothing. really. I created the name when I was probably 13 or 14 , just using two words I thought looked cool together. That was right around 12 years ago and I just never decided to get a new screen name. Yep. Lame.

Indestructible
04-21-2010, 04:37 PM
A Disturbed song.

idrinkwine732
04-21-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm an alcoholic.

Chyck
04-21-2010, 05:18 PM
My occasional nickname has been Chick since I was in high school. I like Y's better than I's.

powerslave_85
04-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Powerslave is my favorite Maiden album. And I am 85 years old.

xStructualDefect
04-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Static-X song. a few years ago i was trying to find a song title i thought would be a cool username and Structual Defect just fit. plus it's an awesome song.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-21-2010, 05:39 PM
A song by The Crown from the Deathrace King album. Thought it would make a cool username.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzbRt-l4rpk&feature=youtube_gdata

JRA
04-21-2010, 06:16 PM

though it should be called man_kill

SomewhereInTime72
04-21-2010, 06:29 PM

Exact same formula for my name.... :eyes:

daimonos
04-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Opening song off of Behemoth's newest album Evangelion.

ALL
HAIL
SLAIN
AND RISEN GODS

TonyD
04-21-2010, 06:34 PM
I like turtows

ChildrenofSodom
04-21-2010, 06:37 PM

Stopped aging in 2004 haha.

I had a similar reason to Brad (DethMaiden). I listen to neither Children of Bodom nor Sodom, but I thought combining them would be cool. I didn't know there was some shitty garage metal bad with the same name. Whatever.

Sanitarium78
04-21-2010, 07:02 PM
When I joined here my first comment was on a Metallica show I believe. So I just took the Sanitarium from their song Welcome Home (Sanitarium) and the 78 represents the year 1978 when I was born.

Wizzbang11
04-21-2010, 07:16 PM
A few editions of Warhammer ago (probably like 6-7 years ago) there was a greenskin character named Wurrzag, the shaman he killed and turned into a squig was named Wizzbang. First email address I ever had was wizzbang11, wizzbang was taken so I added 11, my favorite number.
Used it since.

Fires Of Sedition
04-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Lyric from Now You've Got Something To Die For by Lamb Of God.

Div
04-21-2010, 08:19 PM
it's a mystery

idrinkwine732
04-21-2010, 09:09 PM
I listen to neither Children of Bodom nor Sodom

We have a problem here.

rjturtle9
04-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Well, my full name is Robert Jauregui, so there's the first part. I've had the nickname turtle since like 6th grade and I love that name :D

The 9 is a lame story that just stayed there.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-21-2010, 09:32 PM
it's a mystery

It's always a mystery (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhKaCpm6pPE)

bt11763
04-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Well, my full name is Robert Jauregui, so there's the first part. I've had the nickname turtle since like 6th grade and I love that name :D

The 9 is a lame story that just stayed there.

similar.

bt are my initials (you would know if you fuckers let me join the facebook group :cool: ) and well, the numbers are my zip code.

yeah it's a stupid idea for an online name, but whatever :tp:

TonyD
04-21-2010, 10:08 PM
It's always a mystery (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhKaCpm6pPE)

What happens when the record company says, "we need another keyboard driven single with a video featuring the singer waving his hands in front of his face for now apparent reason.

bt are my initials (you would know if you fuckers let me join the facebook group :cool: ) and well, the numbers are my zip code.

Is it listed as private?

Maiden33
04-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Pretty simple:

Maiden = Iron Maiden, my favorite band. For some reason when I came here from the IMBB I didn't realize how everyone loved Maiden, so I made it my name instead of BloodBrother, as I was back there.

33 = Just been my "lucky" number for a long time, no idea why.

On every other forum or anything I'm a member of anymore, I am DTJeff33 - DTJeff being a reference to DT Jesus, the main character on Savatage's "Streets" album.

bt11763
04-21-2010, 11:22 PM
Is it listed as private?

yeah, i had to request to join.

ravenheart
04-22-2010, 03:10 AM
Mine's from the W.A.S.P. song Raven Heart.

My alternate, if I join somewhere that Ravenheart is already taken, is Necroshine, the Overkill song/album. Or occasionally Jukeboxmetal, if I'm shamelessly self-promoting ;)

The tagline underneath is a Mick Mars quote from 'The Dirt'.

And I have just realised I don't use my customary avatar here... I should fix that.

jotun2graveland
04-22-2010, 05:50 AM
At the time when I was making a username for some sort of instant messaging thing, I was listening to a lot of the first half of In Flames' discography. Jotun, being a song off of Whoracle, and Graveland from The Jester Race. And the 2 was just to put something in the middle of the 2 song names.

Natrlhi
04-22-2010, 07:28 AM
I'm a pleasure / thrill seeker - one who believes in "sucking the marrow out of life", to borrow a line from "Dead Poets Society" (Henry David Thoreau, actually). I've found that material things are always fleeting to some extent or another, but experiences last a lifetime - especially the ones you can remember afterward. That's why I try to get my "high's" naturally, whether it's movies, music, SCUBA diving, working out, making someone laugh or commiting some random act of kindness and not telling anybody about it (I need to do that last one more, though).

I just think that if you're not passionate about something, you're just wasting your time here on this planet, which is fleeting as it is.

So, "natrlhi" has been my screen name, e-mail address (well one of them, anyway) - and even my personalized license plate at one time - for the last ten or fifteen years.

Nat :horns:

EDIT: @Jotun, I'll try to get my Red Sparowes / Caspian set lists posted by this weekend, so you have something to set your expectations toward. ;)

Derelict
04-22-2010, 07:36 AM
I'm a pleasure / thrill seeker - one who believes in "sucking the marrow out of life", to borrow a line from "Dead Poets Society" (Henry David Thoreau, actually). I've found that material things are always fleeting to some extent or another, but experiences last a lifetime - especially the ones you can remember afterward. That's why I try to get my "high's" naturally, whether it's movies, music, SCUBA diving, working out, making someone laugh or commiting some random act of kindness and not telling anybody about it (I need to do that last one more, though).

I just think that if you're not passionate about something, you're just wasting your time here on this planet, which is fleeting as it is.

So, "natrlhi" has been my screen name, e-mail address (well one of them, anyway) - and even my personalized license plate at one time - for the last ten or fifteen years.

EDIT: @Jotun, I'll try to get my Red Sparowes / Caspian set lists posted by this weekend, so you have something to set your expectations toward. ;)

Thats badass man, I love your outlook

Fe Maiden
04-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Look up Fe on the periodic table and it will be all clear!

IrritatedTrout
04-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Mine is a really dumb inside joke between me and some buddies. Eventually I just decided to use IrritatedTrout for everything, email, Xbox live, etc.

Natrlhi
04-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Mine is a really dumb inside joke between me and some buddies. Eventually I just decided to use IrritatedTrout for everything, email, Xbox live, etc.Oh, no you don't. You have to tell us the joke. Them are the rules. :thelaw:

IrritatedTrout
04-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Hmmmmm.... not even quite sure I remember now, was a while ago. We all have a weird obsession with fish and if I remember correctly we were tapping on the glass of an aquarium at the fish store one day and it was pissing the fish off. So one of my friend's was like "That's a bugged bass" and another one of us said "No, it's an irritated trout."

So then it just kind of stuck.

Natrlhi
04-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Hmmmmm.... not even quite sure I remember now, was a while ago. We all have a weird obsession with fish and if I remember correctly we were tapping on the glass of an aquarium at the fish store one day and it was pissing the fish off. So one of my friend's was like "That's a bugged bass" and another one of us said "No, it's an irritated trout."

So then it just kind of stuck.You were right. That was gh3y.

:lol: just kidding brah

The Green and Black
04-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Lots to respond to here! Will make all comments here in one thread!

Uh, well, I was 13 and I thought I was cool so I took part of two band's names that I liked and now I realize how lame it is.

When you were 13 you could have pursued that Disney chick without threat of police interference, or having to move to Pennsylvania :lol:

I'm honored you made this thread:D

My name is pretty simple Mastodon is my favorite band and 421 is my birthday.

My Birthday Gift to you! :D

Always read this as some sort of jumbled Overkill reference. Then again I typically have Overkill on the brain haha

On every other forum or anything I'm a member of anymore, I am DTJeff33 - DTJeff being a reference to DT Jesus, the main character on Savatage's "Streets" album.

As I told you last night, I didn’t give you enough credit, While DT would jump out to me as the Streets character, would have thought you were being more generic and using it as an abbreviation for Dream Theater. :lol:

Mine's from the W.A.S.P. song Raven Heart.

My alternate, if I join somewhere that Ravenheart is already taken, is Necroshine, the Overkill song/album. Or occasionally Jukeboxmetal, if I'm shamelessly self-promoting ;)

The tagline underneath is a Mick Mars quote from 'The Dirt'.

And I have just realised I don't use my customary avatar here... I should fix that.

:rocker::rocker::rocker: Triple horns to you for mentioned WASP, Overkill and Motley Crue all in one posting.

So this means you must be older than 16! :party:

Look up Fe on the periodic table and it will be all clear!

That’s what I thought! Clever! haha

Mine is a really dumb inside joke between me and some buddies. Eventually I just decided to use IrritatedTrout for everything, email, Xbox live, etc.

Oh, no you don't. You have to tell us the joke. Them are the rules. :thelaw:

So then it just kind of stuck.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Funny Story! Thanks Nat for forcing it out of him! hahaha

Natrlhi
04-22-2010, 10:29 AM
So this means you must be older than 16! :party:Yeah, I'm one of the old farts around here, apparently. Mentally, though, I'm sure I'm one of the youngest. ;)

ravenheart
04-22-2010, 11:11 AM
:rocker::rocker::rocker: Triple horns to you for mentioned WASP, Overkill and Motley Crue all in one posting.

Two of my top five bands of all time, and my favourite quote from my favourite music biography :D

evildeadjedi
04-22-2010, 11:58 AM
One of my favorite film series and what I aspire to be when I grow up and they invent real lightsabers. :rocker:

Sanitarium78
04-22-2010, 12:07 PM
One of my favorite film series and what I aspire to be when I grow up and they invent real lightsabers. :rocker:

I saw some show not too long ago about how creating a lightsaber is technologically possible:party: Unfortunately it said we're still like 40 or 50 years away from it becoming a reality in anyway:mad:

Cynicist
04-22-2010, 04:40 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x92/cynicists/breadknife.jpg

jotun2graveland
04-22-2010, 08:57 PM

If you somehow manage to write down all of Red Sparowes' set list, then I'll be quite impressed. I'm thinking that I might just bring a list of all of the song names and circle the ones that they played, if I'm not completely engrossed in their massive sound.

Natrlhi
04-22-2010, 09:10 PM
If you somehow manage to write down all of Red Sparowes' set list, then I'll be quite impressed. I'm thinking that I might just bring a list of all of the song names and circle the ones that they played, if I'm not completely engrossed in their massive sound.

Prepare to be impressed :cool: (although I'll admit now that I'll be cheating a little). :snivel:

evildeadjedi
04-23-2010, 10:08 AM
I saw some show not too long ago about how creating a lightsaber is technologically possible:party: Unfortunately it said we're still like 40 or 50 years away from it becoming a reality in anyway:mad:

Damn :mad:

Uncle_Meat1940
04-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Uncle Meat is one of my favorite Frank Zappa albums, He was born in 1940. I have I tiny obsession with Frank. :tp: