PDA

View Full Version : Cannibal Corpse -- Orlando, FL -- April 20th, 2010

Butcher of Birth
04-21-2010, 10:35 AM
NOTE: There is no order to any of these sets because I was just having too good a time to remember the order or even all the songs played! Also, Possible Ozzfest News

Doors were at 7:00 and there were only three bands. When my friend Mark and I got there we saw our friend Jess who was doing the $35 VIP Meet-n-Greet and had one extra. I told my friend Mark to take because I've seen them more, and met them several times. So he did the Meet n Greet, and according to him they were all so down to earth and what not. He said he talked about music with Webster for most the time, and they were willing to sign anything and everything, and photos? Take as many as you want. They gave you the Poster and Limited T-Shirt and for $35, amazing deal.

So the doors open and I run to get my Skeletonwitch shirt, and Cannibal Corpse is STILL out there, and now "everyday" fans are meeting them and they showed no sign of being upset about it. The VIP's got in early, met the band, and got two limited Edition Items, and now everyone else gets the chance to just meet them and say hi. That is class right there.

So the 1st band comes on, and they were decent. Standard Death Metal Out-Fit.

Skeletonwitch were next, and they played a 45 Minute Set which included a small bass cover of "Invaders" by Iron Maiden during the sound check. Amazing. The Witch were as awesome as ever, they blew through the songs with great pace and the place was pretty slamming! It was nice to see this band getting up there and getting more and more attention.

Their Set is as follows (no order... I swear for the most part to this set :lol:)
1. Submit To The Suffering
2. Stand Light and Die
3. Strangled by Unseen Hands
4. Crushed Beyond Dust
5. Repulsive Salvation
6. Upon Wings of Black
7. Beyond the Permafrost
8. Baptized in Flames
9. Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery

I left for most of Corpse and hung out with Skeletonwitch and their Merch guy, details on what was said later.

Partial Cannibal Corpse Set (No Order):
1. Staring Through the Eyes of the Dead
2. Unleashing The Bloodthirsty
3. Covered With Sores
4. A Skull Full of Maggots
5. Priests of Sodom
6. Evisceration Plague
7. Make Them Suffer
8. Murder Worship
9. Hammered Smashed Face
--Encore--
10. Stripped Raped and Strangled

Not gonna lie, most the set was older songs from what I could tell.

Alright so talking to the Merch guy I found out something very interesting. According to him, the band had been asked to play Ozzfest this year, but it isn't gonna be a full fledged Ozzfest, he said it would be 10 Days across the Country. Starting in LA and ending in West Palm Beach (like usual). He said the band is thinking of doing it because it would be a lot of exposure to Thousands of People every day, but the problem is that the band isn't gonna be paid very much and "would almost have to self-fund the tour". He said even if they sold what is an "Average amount of Merch", they would maybe break even. So they are debating doing a Big Tour and Break even, or a small tour and make some profit.

They are suppose to continue to tour the rest of the yea,r and sometime early next year begin touring on a Headling Tour. Next Summer they also have plans to do Europe on the Festival Level. (ex. Wacken, Tuska, Bloodstock, ect.)

Overall I suggest you get the $35 VIP ticket because it's just a good deal. Merch:
T-Shirt for All Bands - $20
Skeletonwitch Hoodie - $35
Skeletonwitch Booty Shorts - $15
Skeletonwitch had four new Designs since I last saw them. They have a Baseball Shirt (which they claim is an American Appearl shirt with their logo, VERY SOFT SHIRT!), The tour shirt is Black with Red Artwork of a zombie like creature ripping himself apart and under it says "Gorge Upon My Soul", They have a "Breathing The Fire" shirt with the track listing on the back, and another one which was just odd.

Cannibal Corpse had a Priest of Sodom shirt (VERY very naughty, a lot of Titties and Fucking), and I think one other which was just a bunch of Gore.

All in All, great show, and great Merch!

Crionics
04-21-2010, 10:38 AM
I want to see Skeletonwitch so fucking badly.

makethemsuffer12
04-21-2010, 10:40 AM
STARING THROUGH THE EYES OF THE DEAD WTF. The one tour I can't see them on they're playing one of my favorite songs. FUCK MY LIFE.

Crionics
04-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Oh and no Within My Blood is kinda suprising.

greenReaper
04-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Any idea what time the first band came on? I'm goin to the show tonight and want to have enough time to pregame...also any idea why 1349 didn't play?

mankvill
04-21-2010, 10:48 AM
1. Staring Through the Eyes of the Dead
2. Unleashing The Bloodthirsty
3. Covered With Sores
4. A Skull Full of Maggots

oh hello.

Oh and no Within My Blood is kinda suprising.

WHAT THE FUCK! :mad:

Crionics
04-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Skeletonwitch Booty Shorts - $15

When I get married, I'm getting my wifey this. :party:

Butcher of Birth
04-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Any idea what time the first band came on? I'm goin to the show tonight and want to have enough time to pregame...also any idea why 1349 didn't play?

1349 is unable to make this tour for the 1st part due to the Volcano in Iceland which has sent a lot of Ash into the air making it unsafe for Airplanes to fly. The only fully open airport is in Madrid, Spain. 1st band came on around 8pm

mankvill
04-21-2010, 11:19 AM
1349 is unable to make this tour for the 1st part due to the Volcano in Iceland which has sent a lot of Ash into the air making it unsafe for Airplanes to fly. The only fully open airport is in Madrid, Spain. 1st band came on around 8pm

1349 was never going to play the first couple of shows, though.

JRA
04-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Alright so talking to the Merch guy I found out something very interesting. According to him, the band had been asked to play Ozzfest this year, but it isn't gonna be a full fledged Ozzfest, he said it would be 10 Days across the Country. Starting in LA and ending in West Palm Beach (like usual). He said the band is thinking of doing it because it would be a lot of exposure to Thousands of People every day, but the problem is that the band isn't gonna be paid very much and "would almost have to self-fund the tour". He said even if they sold what is an "Average amount of Merch", they would maybe break even. So they are debating doing a Big Tour and Break even, or a small tour and make some profit.

Honestly, I don't think it would be worth it to do Ozzfest. Cannibal have way more positive buzz now than at anytime in their careers, and considering what a bunch of close minded pricks Ozzfest attendees are, I don't think the exposure is gonna make a bit of difference. I say small tour and make yo paper.

mankvill
04-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Honestly, I don't think it would be worth it to do Ozzfest. Cannibal have way more positive buzz now than at anytime in their careers, and considering what a bunch of close minded pricks Ozzfest attendees are, I don't think the exposure is gonna make a bit of difference. I say small tour and make yo paper.

I think he was talking about Skeletontits.

mastodon421
04-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Apparently 1349 might not even play the entire tour because their visas haven't been approved.

Butcher of Birth
04-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Yeah I am talking about Skeletonwitch.

mankvill
04-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Apparently 1349 might not even play the entire tour because their visas haven't been approved.

Where'd you hear this?

1349 has toured the states a lot, including recently.

They better be here. :I

mastodon421
04-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Where'd you hear this?

Cannibal Corpse's Facebook page. Personally I am not really into them but I hope they do end coming here by Saturday because I have a feeling if they don't then they are gonna move back Skeletonwitch's set time and that means they could potenially playing at the same time as Municipal Waste at NEMHF and that would be awful because I really don't want to have to pick between the two.

Derelict
04-21-2010, 11:42 AM
Where'd you hear this?

You need a seperate work visa almost every time you come over, unless they are in very close proximity to each other. Supposed to be a major pain in the sack.

mankvill
04-21-2010, 11:45 AM
:bawling:

Butcher of Birth
04-21-2010, 11:46 AM
"Commented 1349 in a statement: "Unfortunately, we will have to let all our fans know that we will not be able to make it to the first shows of the tour with CANNIBAL CORPSE. First of all, our visas, which we have applied for months ago, are still not being cleared, and secondly, air traffic in Europe is being a major problem in the last couple of days and still will be in the next days.

"We are trying our best to join this tour. However, right now we are not able to tell anybody when and if this is going to happen. As soon as we have any news on the situation we will let you know.""

mastodon421
04-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Butcher how long did Cannibal play for?

Butcher of Birth
04-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Butcher how long did Cannibal play for?

About Hour and a Half. Went on around 10ish, didn't finish till 1130, latest show I've been too.

Travis The Dragon
04-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Is VIP available for the Minnesota show?

Uncle_Meat1940
04-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Trust me man, I've been looking, I don't think there is. It's really easy to meet bands at Station 4 though so I wouldn't worry too much about that, however, If you were more so interested in the Ltd Ed Merch I dunno what to tell ya. : /

Travis The Dragon
04-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Trust me man, I've been looking, I don't think there is. It's really easy to meet bands at Station 4 though so I wouldn't worry too much about that, however, If you were more so interested in the Ltd Ed Merch I dunno what to tell ya. : /

Oh, I was hoping to get VIP to have a reserved place to stand and watch the show. No biggie though.

Nick_to_the_face
04-21-2010, 06:09 PM
can't wait to see them in Lawrence
:horns:

bassmasta257
04-21-2010, 07:04 PM
ahhhhh an hour and a half of corpse.....awesome

Butcher of Birth
04-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Is VIP available for the Minnesota show?

VIP Tickets for Your Show, Plus ALL shows: http://tixx1.artistarena.com/cannibalcorpse/

GameFreac
04-21-2010, 10:14 PM
I know for a fact they played these in Atlanta tonight (not right order):

Scalding Hail
Staring Through the Eyes of the Dead
Unleashing The Bloodthirsty
Pounded into Dust
Gutted
Covered With Sores
A Skull Full of Maggots
I Will Kill You
The Wretched Spawn
Death Walking Terror
Pit of Zombies
Another song off the 1st album...couldn't understand what George said
Priests of Sodom
Evisceration Plague
Make Them Suffer
Murder Worship
Hammered Smashed Face
--Encore--
Stripped Raped and Strangled

No I Cum Blood and I might be missing a few.

AnataFan4Life
04-22-2010, 04:11 AM
No I Cum Blood and I might be missing a few.

:mad:

Natrlhi
04-22-2010, 08:27 AM
No I Cum Blood

Then you didn't get to hear the best line ever:

THIS SONG IS ABOUT SHOOTING BLOOD FROM YOUR COCK!!!

Santana_Annihilate
04-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Did cannibal corpse have any non gorey, non sex filled shirts there? Like an evisceration plague album cover shirt or something like that?

Nick_to_the_face
04-22-2010, 12:19 PM
ahhhhh an hour and a half of corpse.....awesome
ha, agreed....

Nick_to_the_face
04-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Did cannibal corpse have any non gorey, non sex filled shirts there? Like an evisceration plague album cover shirt or something like that?

Why would you even want one of those???

Butcher of Birth
04-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Yes they have an Album Cover Tour Shirt.

mankvill
04-22-2010, 07:21 PM
I got a shirt of the Evisceration Plague album cover on the front and tour dates on the back when I saw them in Omaha. I actually like it a lot.

Jochen
04-22-2010, 07:42 PM
I just checked setlist.fm and this SUPPOSEDLY is the setlist...

1. Scalding Hail Play Video
2. Unleashing the Bloodthirsty Play Video
3. Savage Butchery Play Video
4. The Wretched Spawn Play Video
5. I Will Kill You Play Video
6. The Cryptic Stench Play Video
7. Pounded Into Dust Play Video
8. Gutted Play Video
9. Evisceration Plague Play Video
10. Disfigured Play Video
11. Death Walking Terror Play Video
12. Scattered Remains, Splattered Brains Play Video
13. Pit of Zombies Play Video
14. Make Them Suffer Play Video
15. Priests of Sodom Play Video
16. Staring Through The Eyes Of The Dead Play Video
17. A Skull Full of Maggots Play Video
18. Hammer Smashed Face Play Video
19. Stripped, Raped and Strangled Play Video

Awesome.

Nick_to_the_face
04-23-2010, 07:25 AM
I prefer the gory,violent shirts

mankvill
04-23-2010, 10:37 AM
8. Gutted Play Video

GOD DAMN! :party::party::party:

jotun2graveland
04-23-2010, 11:03 AM
I missed CC on an off date (Mayhem Festival) headlining show in Portland last summer, since I was in California then. If only they could come to Oregon on a proper headlining tour with good support bands, such as this tour...

hvymtlmom
05-08-2010, 11:31 AM
I just checked setlist.fm and this SUPPOSEDLY is the setlist...

1. Scalding Hail Play Video
3. Savage Butchery Play Video
4. The Wretched Spawn Play Video
6. The Cryptic Stench Play Video
7. Pounded Into Dust Play Video
8. Gutted Play Video
9. Evisceration Plague Play Video
11. Death Walking Terror Play Video
13. Pit of Zombies Play Video
14. Make Them Suffer Play Video
15. Priests of Sodom Play Video
18. Hammer Smashed Face Play Video
19. Stripped, Raped and Strangled Play Video

Awesome.

I have the actual setlist (planning to get it signed next week)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d163/hvymtlmom/Corpsesetlist042010.jpg

when we went in for the VIP, we were each given a poster but our shirts didn't arrive in time, so they said they would send them to us. We got the shirts about a week later with an added bonus...another poster, fully signed :D