PDA

View Full Version : Bullet For My Valentine- Fever

MPF
04-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Music-
Top Notch, really thrashy riffs, pretty kickass solos and overall great musicianship.

Vocals-
Kill the album, besides the occasional gang style scream backup vocals, it is filled with very whiny sounding vocals. If I give this more spins on the myspace player, I guess I'll do my best to pretend this is an instrumental band

ravenheart
04-21-2010, 01:21 AM
Interesting. I was obligated to listen to the last album, and was pleasantly surprised, but hated them prior to that.

The last one wasn't flawless, but was at least a real metal album. I don't remember hating the vocals too much.

I'll give this a listen at some point.

ChildrenofSodom
04-21-2010, 04:48 AM
I know alot of people don't like this band, especially the singer, but I actually liked a few songs off of their first one and Scream Aim Fire was a pretty solid release. I'm definitely going to check this one out.

mastodon421
04-21-2010, 04:57 AM
I have listened to most of it. It is alright for sure a step down from Scream,Aim,Fire.

undergroundrage
04-21-2010, 09:51 AM
They need a new singer in the same way that Avenged Sevenfold do, good bands fronted by guys who can't sing to save their life. Then again, they're hugely popular so what do I know...

makethemsuffer12
04-21-2010, 12:18 PM
What the fuck are you guys talking about? Scream Aim Fire was fucking awful aside from 3 songs or so.

undergroundrage
04-21-2010, 12:53 PM
What the fuck are you guys talking about? Scream Aim Fire was fucking awful aside from 3 songs or so.

I agree, and I would have a hard time even finding three songs I like. Their vocals are just beyond bad. I remember when they first came out and Zombie had them opening...they got the shit booed out of them, then got kicked off the tour a few shows in.

xStructualDefect
04-21-2010, 02:45 PM

the album had like half awesome tracks, whereas the rest of the album was mediocre or shit.

Indestructible
04-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Did they drop the emo act on this album ?

MPF
04-21-2010, 08:58 PM

If by drop you mean layer on more and more of, then yes.

I really do like the music on this one, but god damn the vocals suck!

imanidiot777
04-29-2010, 04:24 AM

Oh yes. I think every single song on the album is, lyrically, some kind of relationship sob story. I was really looking forward to this album after hearing the three songs they pre-released. After listening to the whole thing, those are the best three songs on the album and Begging For Mercy is really the only one that is "metal". Matt Tuck is a talented singer but he is not meant for a metal band at all. Shame on them for saying this was not going to have any ballads (it does) and it was going to be more classic metal.

makethemsuffer12
04-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Oh yes. I think every single song on the album is, lyrically, some kind of relationship sob story. I was really looking forward to this album after hearing the three songs they pre-released. After listening to the whole thing, those are the best three songs on the album and Begging For Mercy is really the only one that is "metal". Matt Tuck is a talented singer but he is not meant for a metal band at all. Shame on them for saying this was not going to have any ballads (it does) and it was going to be more classic metal.

You actually believed something that they said? These are the same guys that said Scream Aim Fire was going to be a pure thrash album, and they put fucking Forever and Always on there.

xStructualDefect
04-29-2010, 07:39 PM
You actually believed something that they said? These are the same guys that said Scream Aim Fire was going to be a pure thrash album, and they put fucking Forever and Always on there.

it still had some pretty thrashy songs on it.

Dextrimental
04-29-2010, 08:00 PM
I like the poison by these guys, I think because they weren't saying its a 'thrash' or 'classic rock' -esque album, they just said it was what it what was, a pretty good slice of metalcore.

However, I have found in recent times, they are trying to shake this whole metalcore label, by throwing any label they can on their music, when really, at least to me, they're sounding more and more like Funeral For A Friend, which are neither thrash nor classic rock, more metalcore/hardcore type stuff.

I have yet to give the album a good listen, but from what I have heard they aren't pushing themselves with their music enough, least not in the right direction. Then again, their tours for this album will more than likely all sell out, and, if they do fall from grace, it probably wont matter to their wallets anyway.

tdunks523
05-03-2010, 07:39 PM
i think this is a pretty good album, way better than scream aim fire

The_jman
05-03-2010, 08:10 PM
I think its a good album, is it better than either of the others... I'm not sure about that, but it is good.