PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoffs anyone?

youngandaspiring
04-19-2010, 04:35 PM
Rooting hard for the Cavs and Suns, will be pissed off if Kobe gets another ring.

Anyone else a hoops fan?

mankvill
04-19-2010, 04:37 PM
YAWN

go suns i guess

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Go Mavericks. :allan:

TonyD
04-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Nope. Stoked that my 10 minutes of TV in the morning are baseball highlights with NFL draft hooberjabber sprinkled in between.

ChildrenofSodom
04-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Fuck yeah!!! Fuck the basketball haters!

I'm cheering for the Cavs and Spurs. I want to see a ring on Lebron's finger and a Cleveland jersey on his back next season.

ravenheart
04-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Anyone else a hoops fan?

Yep, totally. But I can't watch any of it. It's all on in the small hours here, and on ESPN, which is a subscription channel I don't have. Bulls all the way for me. Shame the Pistons didn't make it; I've got a lot of time for Ben Gordon. So yeah, Suns because Steve Nash is always exciting to watch, and I'd like to see the Bobcats do a decent job for MJ.

Looking forward to the NBA Europe Live tour though. Lakers V T-Wolves for the London game, and I'm hoping to see Kobe and Co. go down... but I'm pretty sure it won't happen.

Last year's clutch winner for the Bulls against the Jazz was awesome :D

DethMaiden
04-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Fuck yeah!!! Fuck the basketball haters!

I'm cheering for the Cavs and Spurs. I want to see a ring on Lebron's finger and a Cleveland jersey on his back next season.

I'm in agreement with all of this.

The NBA Playoffs is probably my favorite time of year. :fist: I love how long it takes! It makes the gap between the end of the season and the beginning of the next season a bit more manageable...

Also, @ ravenheart - they're doing regular season games in Europe? That's awesome!

DethMaiden
04-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Gravity-defying image of the playoffs thus far:

http://media.cleveland.com/plain-dealer/photo/-87fa0deffe64518e_custom_665xauto.jpg

evildeadjedi
04-19-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm cheering for the Cavs. I want to see a ring on Lebron's finger and a Cleveland jersey on his back next season.

That would be my opinion as well.

ravenheart
04-20-2010, 01:45 AM
Also, @ ravenheart - they're doing regular season games in Europe? That's awesome!

Not yet. But that's their aim. So far we've had four exhibition tours. Three or four teams come over and play in a handful of cities. Last year's tour had way more teams than before: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NBA_Europe_Live_Tour

London has had:

2007: Celtics v T-Wolves
2008: Heat v Nets
2009: Bulls v Jazz
2010: Lakers v T-Wolves

They want to make it regular season games, but so far it's just pre-season stuff.

The NHL do play regular season games in Europe, but London hasn't had one since 2007.

The 2010 games are in Prague, Helsinki and Stockholm. I may go to Stockholm.

mastodon421
04-20-2010, 05:13 AM
I am really excited for the playoffs as well. I am rooting for the Celtics and the Suns.

Natrlhi
04-20-2010, 06:19 AM
I want to see a ring on Lebron's finger and a Cleveland jersey on his back next season.This.

Bulls all the way for me.I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but my Cavs are going to crush that dream. ;)

Gravity-defying image of the playoffs thus far:

http://media.cleveland.com/plain-dealer/photo/-87fa0deffe64518e_custom_665xauto.jpgWas that from last night's game, or Saturday's? I got some pics at last night's game (although obviously not that good ;)), and that play looks oddly familiar.

Derelict
04-20-2010, 06:23 AM
Don't have a solid rooting interest this year as the sixers are an atrocity, I guess I want Cleveland, Dallas, or Phoenix to win. Anyone but LA or Boston really.

ravenheart
04-20-2010, 07:40 AM
I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but my Cavs are going to crush that dream. ;)

I realise this. If not the Bulls, then no problem with the Cavs going all the way.

DethMaiden
04-20-2010, 08:38 AM
Was that from last night's game, or Saturday's? I got some pics at last night's game (although obviously not that good ;)), and that play looks oddly familiar.

It's from Saturday's, it's the alley-oop that they called back because of an illegal screen. So it's not as fun in context. But out of context, HOLY SHIT HOW DID HE DO THAT!?

Btw, what are playoff tickets going for? I'll be home by the second round and I'd really like to see a game.

DethMaiden
04-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Not yet. But that's their aim. So far we've had four exhibition tours. Three or four teams come over and play in a handful of cities. Last year's tour had way more teams than before: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NBA_Europe_Live_Tour

London has had:

2007: Celtics v T-Wolves
2008: Heat v Nets
2009: Bulls v Jazz
2010: Lakers v T-Wolves

They want to make it regular season games, but so far it's just pre-season stuff.

The NHL do play regular season games in Europe, but London hasn't had one since 2007.

The 2010 games are in Prague, Helsinki and Stockholm. I may go to Stockholm.

Ah, yeah. The pre-season games go everywhere. The competition obviously isn't quite as serious and you see a lot more of the bench guys, but it's a lot of fun. The Spurs and Pacers played on my campus before this season and it's great to get good tickets for cheap, which is next to impossible once the regular season starts.

Don't have a solid rooting interest this year as the sixers are an atrocity, I guess I want Cleveland, Dallas, or Phoenix to win. Anyone but LA or Boston really.

Anyone but LA, Boston, or the goddamn Denver Thuggets. Quickly becoming my least favorite team.

Derelict
04-20-2010, 08:48 AM
Anyone but LA, Boston, or the goddamn Denver Thuggets. Quickly becoming my least favorite team.

Yeah, that team is extremely unlikeable. Kenyon Martin is such a loser.

DethMaiden
04-20-2010, 08:50 AM
Yeah, that team is extremely unlikeable. Kenyon Martin is such a loser.

I was conned into liking him because he went to Cincinnati and missed the tournament when he broke his leg, but once the sympathy wears off, he's just a jackass with a tattoo of his girlfriend's lips on his neck.

And he's not even as bad as J.R. Smith, Chris Andersen, or Chauncey Billups. I kinda like Carmelo, and I definitely like Nene, I just wish he played for a team that I could root for.

Derelict
04-20-2010, 08:56 AM
I was conned into liking him because he went to Cincinnati and missed the tournament when he broke his leg, but once the sympathy wears off, he's just a jackass with a tattoo of his girlfriend's lips on his neck.

And he's not even as bad as J.R. Smith, Chris Andersen, or Chauncey Billups. I kinda like Carmelo, and I definitely like Nene, I just wish he played for a team that I could root for.

Didn't JR Smith kill someone in a car accident? And Anderson had A TWO YEAR DRUG SUSPENSION, and they wouldnt even say what he failed for. Upstanding gentlemen on that team.

EDIT: I'll always kinda like Melo since he won me like $100 in my bracket pool the year he went to Syracuse.

Natrlhi
04-20-2010, 09:00 AM
It's from Saturday's, it's the alley-oop that they called back because of an illegal screen. So it's not as fun in context. But out of context, HOLY SHIT HOW DID HE DO THAT!?

Btw, what are playoff tickets going for? I'll be home by the second round and I'd really like to see a game.
Ah, I remember that play, too.

I got tickets in Section 209, Row 7 - which were pretty decent, BTW - for $74 apiece. I saw 'em from around forty or fifty bucks a few days before I bought mine, though - but you'd probably be sitting in the nosebleeds if you bought those. Another thing to consider is, by the time you get home, it'll be in the later rounds, and prices will most likely be going up (which is why I went last night).

DethMaiden
04-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Ah, I remember that play, too.

I got tickets in Section 209, Row 7 - which were pretty decent, BTW - for $74 apiece. I saw 'em from around forty or fifty bucks a few days before I bought mine, though - but you'd probably be sitting in the nosebleeds if you bought those. Another thing to consider is, by the time you get home, it'll be in the later rounds, and prices will most likely be going up (which is why I went last night).

Yeah, I've gotta decide what I can afford and whether I'll be able to go. I'd love to see a conference finals game because, assuming it's the Magic, that's going to be the best series of the Playoffs, but I know that also means a lot more money. Then again, the longer I wait, the more paychecks I'll have from work this summer. :lol: Who knows what's gonna happen.

ravenheart
04-20-2010, 10:25 AM
it's great to get good tickets for cheap, which is next to impossible once the regular season starts.

Haha, I wish it were cheap.

Tier 4, back rows: 39
Tier 4, front rows: 55
Tier 1, back rows: 88
Tier 1, front rows: 121
Floor: 256
Courtside: >500

But fuck it, the cheap seats are good enough for me and I haven't missed a game yet.

DethMaiden
04-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Haha, I wish it were cheap.

Tier 4, back rows: 39
Tier 4, front rows: 55
Tier 1, back rows: 88
Tier 1, front rows: 121
Floor: 256
Courtside: >500

But fuck it, the cheap seats are good enough for me and I haven't missed a game yet.

I need to see a game courtside once in my life. I'm pretty sure it's around $1000 a ticket for most teams (not huge markets like the Lakers and Knicks).

And I'm thinking if they ever do a regular season game in London, it's gonna be Lakers vs. Clippers since they usually try to make them play in a neutral arena.

ravenheart
04-20-2010, 10:49 AM
And I'm thinking if they ever do a regular season game in London, it's gonna be Lakers vs. Clippers since they usually try to make them play in a neutral arena.

Do they both play in the same Arena normally, then?

We have a ton of sports teams in the same league who play in the same city, and they just have their own stadiums. There are six London teams in the Football Premier League alone (including us :horns:).

DethMaiden
04-20-2010, 10:50 AM

We have a ton of sports teams in the same league who play in the same city, and they just have their own stadiums. There are six London teams in the Football Premier League alone (including us :horns:).

Yeah, they share Staples Center, but when they move them to Anaheim or Puerto Rico or wherever, it's more just to make sure the Lakers don't have such an overwhelming home presence. LA is basically a Lakers city, the Clippers moved from San Diego in the 80s.

I don't know why they don't just give them their own arena. Probably because they suck. ;)

ChildrenofSodom
04-20-2010, 12:45 PM
I don't know why they don't just give them their own city. Probably because they suck. ;)

Fixed. Why the fuck don't the Nets and Clippers just leave the league....wouldn't miss them.

DethMaiden
04-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Fixed. Why the fuck don't the Nets and Clippers just leave the league....wouldn't miss them.

Even the shittiest of teams produce revenue. David Stern hasn't ruled out another one-team expansion, which would be the worst fucking idea ever.

Derelict
04-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Even the shittiest of teams produce revenue. David Stern hasn't ruled out another one-team expansion, which would be the worst fucking idea ever.

At least ten teams are losing substantial money this year

DethMaiden
04-20-2010, 01:09 PM
At least ten teams are losing substantial money this year

Revenue, not profits. Take out their revenue and the NBA will bleed worse.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-20-2010, 02:06 PM

6? I only count 5.

Chelsea
Fulham
Arsenal
Spurs
West Ham

ravenheart
04-20-2010, 03:48 PM
6? I only count 5.

Chelsea
Fulham
Arsenal
Spurs
West Ham

5 it is. Only one in Europe though :D

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-20-2010, 04:07 PM
5 it is. Only one in Europe though :D

I know. Damn Inter Milan. They looked good beating Barca today.

It's cool you get to see the NBA in person over in the UK and I got to see my boys, Chelsea, over here last summer.

Sports and Metal. :rocker:

ravenheart
04-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Wish us luck on Thursday, if you can manage it as a Chelsea man.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-20-2010, 08:58 PM
Wish us luck on Thursday, if you can manage it as a Chelsea man.

I have no great hatred for Fulham. I have a little bit of a soft spot actually because of Dempsey.

Best of luck against Hamburg.

Now wish us luck on the domestic double. ;)

ravenheart
04-21-2010, 01:24 AM
Everyone loves Clint. And McBride before him. We actually renamed one of the stadium bars McBride's at the end of last season.

I'm hoping you hold on to the league but drop the cup, personally. I'm tired of Man U more or less cheating their way to league titles, and their team is a one-man show this year, which I just can't get behind being successful.

idrinkwine732
04-21-2010, 06:56 AM
Fulham :fist:

All my American bros had to support Fulham when I was over there.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Everyone loves Clint. And McBride before him. We actually renamed one of the stadium bars McBride's at the end of last season.

I'm hoping you hold on to the league but drop the cup, personally.

Every neutral will be pulling for Pompey in the cup final. I'd like us to get another FA Cup so I can get another picture with it. :D

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30595570&id=1325630610

ravenheart
04-22-2010, 04:59 PM
0-0 in Hamburg tonight. Good result for us! Now we can go back home next Thursday and hopefully pull off a win.

Then I can book my trip to Germany for the final!

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-22-2010, 05:08 PM
0-0 in Hamburg tonight. Good result for us! Now we can go back home next Thursday and hopefully pull off a win.

Then I can book my trip to Germany for the final!

Not the ideal result, but not a bad one either. Would have been nice to get an away goal. Now it's imperative to keep a clean sheet next week.

Good luck.

Natrlhi
04-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Fucking Bulls. I have no doubt that the Cavs will prevail, but it makes me angry to lose even one game to that fuckface Noah and his crew. I have a song I'd like to dedicate to the Bulls at this time. Maestro, if you please...

Let's Kill These Motherfuckers
Evil Power
Lair of the Minotaur

DethMaiden
04-22-2010, 09:00 PM
Fucking Bulls. I have no doubt that the Cavs will prevail, but it makes me angry to lose even one game to that fuckface Noah and his crew. I have a song I'd like to dedicate to the Bulls at this time. Maestro, if you please...

Let's Kill These Motherfuckers
Evil Power
Lair of the Minotaur

Couldn't agree more. :fist: Fuck Joakim Noah. I was impressed how close the Cavs got to pulling that one off tonight, though.

Oh well - Mavs-Spurs is in San Antonio tomorrow night, time to take a 2-1 lead, boys! :party:

DethMaiden
04-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Alright, I feel a little better about the Bulls beating the Cavs now that the Thunder beat the Lakers. It's tough to take the momentum of a two game lead on the road, even for a one seed. Let's get 'em Sunday, 'Bron! :fist:

Natrlhi
04-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Alright, I feel a little better about the Bulls beating the Cavs now that the Thunder beat the Lakers.

Yeah, but everybody wants to see the Lakers lose, whenever and wherever possible. ;)

ravenheart
04-23-2010, 01:29 AM
Not the ideal result, but not a bad one either. Would have been nice to get an away goal. Now it's imperative to keep a clean sheet next week.

Good luck.

Or just score more than they do ;)

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-23-2010, 08:38 AM
Or just score more than they do ;)

Well of course. That's what sucks about the away goals rule and what killed us against Barca last year in the CL. We drew with Barca both times, but got knocked out because they got the away goal and we didn't.

ravenheart
04-23-2010, 11:10 AM
I hate the away goals thing. But I'll be honest, it made our win over Juventus even more exciting ;)

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Damn Mavericks! :mad:

DethMaiden
04-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Damn Mavericks! :mad:

HAHAHA SUCK IT, GO SPURS GO :party: :party:

Sorry, but I'm loving this. Duncan (probably my favorite player of all time, wearing his jersey right now :D) is playing out of his mind in this series. He looks ten years younger than he is, and it's awesome.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-23-2010, 10:17 PM
HAHAHA SUCK IT

Wow, classy.

Series isn't over yet.

DethMaiden
04-23-2010, 10:26 PM
Wow, classy.

Series isn't over yet.

Come on, man. It's just sports, and I was just jerking you around.

I hope the level of competition remains high throughout the rest of the series though, these are truly two of the powerhouses of the league. :fist:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Come on, man. It's just sports, and I was just jerking you around.

I hope the level of competition remains high throughout the rest of the series though, these are truly two of the powerhouses of the league. :fist:

It's cool. I won't be surprised if the Spurs go on and win the series. The Mavs have crushed my spirit so many times I almost don't care anymore.

as long as it's not the Lakers winning it all, I'm fine.

Natrlhi
04-25-2010, 06:02 PM
the Thunder beat the Lakers.Again. Fucking NICE. :fist:

Let's get 'em Sunday, 'Bron! :fist:Done. Now that's more fucking like it. :fist:

HAHAHA SUCK IT, GO SPURS GO :party: :party::lol: Good for you, dude (totally non-sarcastic).

as long as it's not the Lakers winning it all, I'm fine.Exactamundo.

ChildrenofSodom
04-25-2010, 06:07 PM
The Cavs fucking destroyed the Bulls today! And I would love to see the Thunder knock of the Lakers in the first round. Won't happen, but would be totally awesome to see.

DethMaiden
04-25-2010, 06:57 PM
3-1 Cavs and 3-1 Spurs. God must want me to keep living. :D

DethMaiden
04-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Interesting stat: at this point in the playoffs, Kobe has taken one more shot than LeBron, but LeBron has 44 more points than Kobe. Talk about efficiency! :horns:

ChildrenofSodom
04-26-2010, 08:48 PM
Interesting stat: at this point in the playoffs, Kobe has taken one more shot than LeBron, but LeBron has 44 more points than Kobe. Talk about efficiency! :horns:

Calm down, Nate Silver.

DethMaiden
04-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Calm down, Nate Silver.

:wow: Obscure!

DethMaiden
04-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Spurs into Round 2. :fist: I think they can handle the Suns or the Blazers, and frankly, whoever comes out of the top of the bracket between the Lakers, Thunder, Jazz, and Nuggets, I think they can handle as well. The West is wide open at this point.

DethMaiden
05-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Three sweeps in the second round. How fun. :zzz: Sad to see the Jazz and especially the Spurs go, but optimistic about the possibility of a Suns-Cavs final.

Fe Maiden
05-11-2010, 10:51 AM
as long as it's the Lakers winning it all, I'm fine.fixed~

powerslave_85
05-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Three sweeps in the second round. How fun. :zzz: Sad to see the Jazz and especially the Spurs go, but optimistic about the possibility of a Suns-Cavs final.
Reason # 1,453 why the NHL playoffs are better: Not one sweep so far ;)

DethMaiden
05-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Reason # 1,453 why the NHL playoffs are better: Not one sweep so far ;)

:lol: It's definitely not usually like this, but yeah, some of these matchups turned out to be more one-sided than anyone really expected.

And when it's your team doing the sweeping, all's well. It's just that the Spurs and Cavs haven't gotten in on that action. :lol:

DethMaiden
05-13-2010, 08:09 PM
http://img2.pict.com/ae/a3/80/2333339/0/51.png

"I got a 27-19-10 and we lost by 9. FML."

FUCK YOU MIKE BROWN

evildeadjedi
05-13-2010, 08:38 PM
It was disappointing to see the Cavs quit with around a minute and thirty left in the game. Tough to say if James stays Cleveland (since they have yet to get him the help he needs) however he typically does what most analysts don't see coming. Everyone is saying the Knicks so I wouldn't surprised if goes to the Nets with his buddy Jay-Z and their extremely wealthy Russian owner.

I don't know about Chicago because he will be compared to Jordan more than he already is today (which is rather stupid because he is more like Magic than Jordan).

The one thing that will infuriate me though is if the Lakers somehow got him then I would never watch the NBA again. I think it will probably depend on who gets John Wall and where the other free agents land.

If the Orlando Magic get him LOOK OUT! James, Lewis and Howard on the same team just give them the title.

youngandaspiring
05-18-2010, 06:47 AM
The only teams that can afford Lebron are teams that are years away from a championship, and Lebron is nearly 27 and in his prime. There's no way he'd wait another 3 or 4 years to contend, even if it was in NYC.

If he was to leave, the only logical choice would be Chicago, as they already have a fine center and a big time pg. However, going there would mean forever living in the shadow of MJ, something I don't think LBJ would like.

Miami maybe, but having two superstars means sharing too much, particularly since Wade plays a very similar game to Bron.

If he stays in Cleveland, what now? They have an obviously inept coach, and a bunch of players who can't play second option. Mo Williams is obviously not that guy, and Jamison is lol. Shaq is way past it. They need to deal away two or more of these players and hope some veteran hungry for a ring is willing to take a paycut (Joe Johnson, Bosh, Amare if he falls short again this year). Unfortunately for Cleveland, odds of that happening are minimal, since all three of those guys will want the max. Realistically, I think the Cavs might have a decent shot at Steve Nash if the Suns get owned in the WCF, which might be enough to put them over the edge and at least get the ball into someone else's hands.

Fe Maiden
05-18-2010, 09:15 AM
Yeah! Lakers are kicking ass!:eyes:

Natrlhi
05-18-2010, 10:45 AM
The only teams that can afford Lebron are teams that are years away from a championship, and Lebron is nearly 27 and in his prime. There's no way he'd wait another 3 or 4 years to contend, even if it was in NYC.

If he was to leave, the only logical choice would be Chicago, as they already have a fine center and a big time pg. However, going there would mean forever living in the shadow of MJ, something I don't think LBJ would like.

Miami maybe, but having two superstars means sharing too much, particularly since Wade plays a very similar game to Bron.

If he stays in Cleveland, what now? They have an obviously inept coach, and a bunch of players who can't play second option. Mo Williams is obviously not that guy, and Jamison is lol. Shaq is way past it. They need to deal away two or more of these players and hope some veteran hungry for a ring is willing to take a paycut (Joe Johnson, Bosh, Amare if he falls short again this year). Unfortunately for Cleveland, odds of that happening are minimal, since all three of those guys will want the max. Realistically, I think the Cavs might have a decent shot at Steve Nash if the Suns get owned in the WCF, which might be enough to put them over the edge and at least get the ball into someone else's hands.Wait - you're young and female, you like metal, and you're talking about NBA stuff and making more sense than a lot of guys I know...I think I like you! :lovedup:

(Oh relax you fuckers, and save your Chris Hansen jokes...I'm just screwing around. :finger:)

Seriously, though - you make a lot of good points. Obviously, the subject is very close to my heart - maybe even a little too close (I'm still stunned by that ridiculous pair of games that ended the Cavs' season early last week).

Call it instinct, but something tells me Lebron would only want to move East if he did leave Cleveland, and obviously the Nets and Knicks are the top two teams in the rumor mill right now. Both of those have to come a long way before they can truly contend for a ring, and that's obviously priority number one for LBJ. I'm more concerned about the Nets, though, because with their newly-established salary cap space, they could build that team up in a hurry. Let's not forget that Wade and Bosh are in the Free Agent market this summer, too.

I doubt Lebron wants to go to Chicago, for the same reasons you mentioned, and I don't see him going to Orlando as someone else had mentioned. Their team chemistry wouldn't work for him at all. Lebron wants to be the sole leader of the team, and Howard is obviously fast becoming that figure. If LBJ goes to Florida at all (which I don't think is likely), it'd be to join Wade in Miami. They'd be hard-pressed to afford both James and Wade, but they could always make moves I suppose. Not likely, though.

I think what's going to happen is that Lebron is going to try to use the leverage of his possible exit to get the Cavs to make some even better moves than they made last year. They really did make some good acquisitions, and they were definitely a good value for the money, but they really didn't pan out as a whole. Shaq was OK, but we did just as well with him out of the lineup as we did with him in. That tells me that Varejao and Z are still pretty effective, but if we had a real true center like Howard or Noah I would feel better. Unfortunately I hate them both, but they're not really an option anyway, thankfully.

I'd like to see us get Wade to come to Cleveland, actually. I'm not a huge fan of Wade's ego, but the man can play the fucking game. That or Steve Nash. Personally, I think Wade would work out better, because he'd fit well within the team chemistry that LBJ and company have established over the years, wheras Nash seems a little too serious for that (although I could certainly be wrong...I don't really know the guy's personality that well). If not Wade or Nash, then Stoudemire or Bosh. Obviously the Stoudemire deal has to work out just right, so that's not a slam dunk by any means (pun somewhat intended).

We also need to get rid of Shaq, probably - although I hate to say it, because I was really hoping the big suminabitch would be more of a factor than he actually was. His attitude has been awesome, and he has fit in with the team's chemistry exceptionally well. Letting him go would free up cap money, though. Then we need to see who else on the list of recent acquisitions can be traded off if they weren't effective. I don't know that much about those contracts to know who that would be.

Lastly, I think Mike Brown needs to go, and I think the Cavs will do that. I love his style and I like him as a person, but he is a big reason why we aren't playing Orlando right now. The choice of his replacement is really key, though. It has to be somebody who knows what he is doing, but can let Lebron do Lebron and be the on-court leader of the team. As much as I hate Stan Van Gundy, he might be a good choice. I think he could fit the first part of that requirement, but I'm not sure about the second. He seems like a control freak to me. At any rate, coaching is a big part of why we lost this year, unfortunately, so a good change there is absolutely essential.

Sorry about the mammoth post. :eyes: I just had to vent my spleen a little. :snivel:

Derelict
05-18-2010, 10:57 AM
I don't understand why people think that Nash would leave Phoenix - he had the chance to two years ago, and signed an extension, and he credits the Suns training staff with extending his career. Also, I don't see Phoenix trading him.

Shaq is washed up, and he completely slows Cleveland down - that team plays best when they go small and when they run - Shaq completely ruins that. They were something like 21-4 this year when he didnt play? Also, look at the improvement in the Suns this year without him.

As to LeBron, its either Chicago or Cleveland, those are the only two teams that can pay him, and still make sense from a basketball perspective (IMO).

Natrlhi
05-18-2010, 12:26 PM
I don't understand why people think that Nash would leave Phoenix - he had the chance to two years ago, and signed an extension, and he credits the Suns training staff with extending his career. Also, I don't see Phoenix trading him.

Shaq is washed up, and he completely slows Cleveland down - that team plays best when they go small and when they run - Shaq completely ruins that. They were something like 21-4 this year when he didnt play? Also, look at the improvement in the Suns this year without him.

As to LeBron, its either Chicago or Cleveland, those are the only two teams that can pay him, and still make sense from a basketball perspective (IMO).I don't necessarily think Nash would leave - his name just came up in the conversation and I was simply playing the "what if" game.

I certainly hope you're right about the only viable choices being Chicago or Cleveland, because the likelihood of Chicago, in my mind at least, is pretty low.

Derelict
05-18-2010, 12:39 PM
I don't necessarily think Nash would leave - his name just came up in the conversation and I was simply playing the "what if" game.

I certainly hope you're right about the only viable choices being Chicago or Cleveland, because the likelihood of Chicago, in my mind at least, is pretty low.

Gotcha on Nash, was wondering where that came from, as I hadnt heard his name previously with LeBrons.

Bill Simmons on espn.com wrote a real good column on Friday about all this

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100514&sportCat=nba

Natrlhi
05-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Bill Simmons on espn.com wrote a real good column on Friday about all this

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100514&sportCat=nbaThat's an exceptional article. Thanks for posting. :fist:

Derelict
05-18-2010, 01:13 PM
That's an exceptional article. Thanks for posting. :fist:

No prob, Simmons is a great sportswriter. He also put out a 700 page "The Book of Basketball" in the last year that would probably interest you.

DethMaiden
05-18-2010, 01:43 PM
No prob, Simmons is a great sportswriter. He also put out a 700 page "The Book of Basketball" in the last year that would probably interest you.

One of my favorite books, ever.

Simmons rules in terms of what he has to say about sports, but his "I was once a party boy in college wooo" and "I can relate anything in sports to an overrated movie" shticks CAN be a little distracting.

youngandaspiring
05-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Wait - you're young and female, you like metal, and you're talking about NBA stuff and making more sense than a lot of guys I know...I think I like you! :lovedup:

(Oh relax you fuckers, and save your Chris Hansen jokes...I'm just screwing around. :finger:)

Seriously, though - you make a lot of good points. Obviously, the subject is very close to my heart - maybe even a little too close (I'm still stunned by that ridiculous pair of games that ended the Cavs' season early last week).

Call it instinct, but something tells me Lebron would only want to move East if he did leave Cleveland, and obviously the Nets and Knicks are the top two teams in the rumor mill right now. Both of those have to come a long way before they can truly contend for a ring, and that's obviously priority number one for LBJ. I'm more concerned about the Nets, though, because with their newly-established salary cap space, they could build that team up in a hurry. Let's not forget that Wade and Bosh are in the Free Agent market this summer, too.

I doubt Lebron wants to go to Chicago, for the same reasons you mentioned, and I don't see him going to Orlando as someone else had mentioned. Their team chemistry wouldn't work for him at all. Lebron wants to be the sole leader of the team, and Howard is obviously fast becoming that figure. If LBJ goes to Florida at all (which I don't think is likely), it'd be to join Wade in Miami. They'd be hard-pressed to afford both James and Wade, but they could always make moves I suppose. Not likely, though.

I think what's going to happen is that Lebron is going to try to use the leverage of his possible exit to get the Cavs to make some even better moves than they made last year. They really did make some good acquisitions, and they were definitely a good value for the money, but they really didn't pan out as a whole. Shaq was OK, but we did just as well with him out of the lineup as we did with him in. That tells me that Varejao and Z are still pretty effective, but if we had a real true center like Howard or Noah I would feel better. Unfortunately I hate them both, but they're not really an option anyway, thankfully.

I'd like to see us get Wade to come to Cleveland, actually. I'm not a huge fan of Wade's ego, but the man can play the fucking game. That or Steve Nash. Personally, I think Wade would work out better, because he'd fit well within the team chemistry that LBJ and company have established over the years, wheras Nash seems a little too serious for that (although I could certainly be wrong...I don't really know the guy's personality that well). If not Wade or Nash, then Stoudemire or Bosh. Obviously the Stoudemire deal has to work out just right, so that's not a slam dunk by any means (pun somewhat intended).

We also need to get rid of Shaq, probably - although I hate to say it, because I was really hoping the big suminabitch would be more of a factor than he actually was. His attitude has been awesome, and he has fit in with the team's chemistry exceptionally well. Letting him go would free up cap money, though. Then we need to see who else on the list of recent acquisitions can be traded off if they weren't effective. I don't know that much about those contracts to know who that would be.

Lastly, I think Mike Brown needs to go, and I think the Cavs will do that. I love his style and I like him as a person, but he is a big reason why we aren't playing Orlando right now. The choice of his replacement is really key, though. It has to be somebody who knows what he is doing, but can let Lebron do Lebron and be the on-court leader of the team. As much as I hate Stan Van Gundy, he might be a good choice. I think he could fit the first part of that requirement, but I'm not sure about the second. He seems like a control freak to me. At any rate, coaching is a big part of why we lost this year, unfortunately, so a good change there is absolutely essential.

Sorry about the mammoth post. :eyes: I just had to vent my spleen a little. :snivel:
I'm female? My two balls would disagree.

I really doubt LBJ goes to the Nets. Knicks I could see because of MSG and their 'history' (1 championship), but Nets is no way. They were absolutely awful last year, they will at most be a 40 win team even if Lebron and another big free agent joins them. Names look great on paper, but playing styles are a different story. Neither Wade or Lebron have even really ever learnt to play off the ball.

Mike Brown HAS to leave. The guy has 0 offense, and is fully to blame for the 1-4 garbage that we see every game - iso for Lebron, iso for Lebron. No backdoor cuts, no off the ball screens, brush screens, cutting, nothing. Their over reliance on one man has failed them year after year, and Ferry needs to realize this and leave.

And PLEASE don't let the Lakers win another. The only thing more annoying than Kobe is Kobe fans.

EDIT - oh, that was my girlfriend posting on here. She always wanted to try a male dominated message board.

Natrlhi
05-18-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm female? My two balls would disagree.

EDIT - oh, that was my girlfriend posting on here. She always wanted to try a male dominated message board.:lol: That explains it. Sorry - no offense intended. I could have sworn I saw a post from you a while back saying that you were female, and at least I know I wasn't hallucinating.

It's no wonder you can speak on the game of basketball so well. No offense to the ladies, but no female makes the post you just made above. None. ;)

Nice observations once again, BTW. I just hope they keep Lebron in Cleveland somehow. I think there's a real decent chance, unlike all the Negative Nancies I listen to every day at work, in the health club, in line at the store, wherever. It just gets so fucking old. At least wait until he leaves to whine - and even then, preferably do it away from me. :bouville:

Derelict
05-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Evan Turner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DethMaiden
05-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Evan Turner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: Yeah I was gonna write on your Facebook wall. I think there's an outside chance that the Wizards say "Arenas is still our best player" and pass on Wall, in which case you'd get him. Either one will make you much, much better.

Derelict
05-18-2010, 09:06 PM
:lol: Yeah I was gonna write on your Facebook wall. I think there's an outside chance that the Wizards say "Arenas is still our best player" and pass on Wall, in which case you'd get him. Either one will make you much, much better.

I cant see the wizards passing on Wall, but yeah, it works out either way. Simmons comment on Twitter earlier was priceless:

Highlight of lottery: a mortified John Wall gets interviewed with a "Gilbert got rid of his guns, right?" look on his face.

DethMaiden
05-18-2010, 09:09 PM
I cant see the wizards passing on Wall, but yeah, it works out either way. Simmons comment on Twitter earlier was priceless:

Highlight of lottery: a mortified John Wall gets interviewed with a "Gilbert got rid of his guns, right?" look on his face.

:lol: That's great.

I hate the Wiz, mad that they got the first pick. Happy that the Sixers got the second though. Hated Iverson, but I'm a big fan of the franchise. Cross your fingers for an 8 seed, it's not like the Bobcats are gonna be back.

Derelict
05-18-2010, 09:13 PM
:lol: That's great.

I hate the Wiz, mad that they got the first pick. Happy that the Sixers got the second though. Hated Iverson, but I'm a big fan of the franchise. Cross your fingers for an 8 seed, it's not like the Bobcats are gonna be back.

There are so many stories up here about what a complete and utter scumbag of a human being Iverson is. Also, looks like the Eddie Jordan year was worth it for the second pick

youngandaspiring
05-19-2010, 10:28 PM
I could actually see the Wiz taking Turner instead of Wall. Arenas won't leave, his contract is fat, and the Wiz have banked too much on him.

In that case, Philly would be pretty damn loaded in the backcourt. With Wall, Young, and Iguodala, that's a highlight a minute, and could make the 76ers a very interesting team in the East. If only Brand could wake the f up and not play like a total nub, they'd be a very solid 3/4 seed.

DethMaiden
06-01-2010, 10:13 AM
So I'm reading "The Rivalry" by John Taylor right now about Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain (and other stuff), and where I'm at right now it's the 1968-69 season and 1969 Playoffs, and I kind of knew about that year, but the parallels to this year are downright creepy. Off the top of my head, here's things about 1969 that happened this season too.

-Celtics (barely) finished 4th in the East
-People spent all season saying the Celtics were "too old"
-Celtics cruised to the Finals
-Lakers cruised to first place in the West
-Lakers made the Finals

-Celtics won title?

Hope not. I don't like the Lakers or the Celtics, but let's look at the guys I hate for each team. Lakers have Artest. Yeah, he can go fuck himself. BUT the C's have Pierce, Garnett, Perkins, and Wallace. Those guys could all die in a car crash and the NBA would have 50% less technical fouls overnight.

So...*gulp*...go Lakers!

Derelict
06-01-2010, 10:17 AM

quoting myself from 20Apr....ugh

This has been a pretty bad playoffs, and not just cause of the teams involved in the finals

DethMaiden
06-01-2010, 11:09 AM
This has been a pretty bad playoffs, and not just cause of the teams involved in the finals

Agreed. Blowouts and sweeps, oh boy!

youngandaspiring
06-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Living in LA means watching every person in the land tongue Kobe's crotch.

My hatred for the Lakers means by default, GO BOSTON.

JLRedWing13
06-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Oh look, it's the Lakers and Celtics in the Finals AGAIN. I know what I won't be watching......

mastodon421
06-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Hopefully this is a competive series and hopefully those bastard Lakers don't win.

JLRedWing13
06-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Lakers in 7.

The more interesting stuff going on in the NBA is the chaos that is going to ensue July 1.

InPatient5100
06-02-2010, 01:01 AM
The Celtics will shock the world and reign supreme in 6 games in this series

InPatient5100
06-06-2010, 02:08 AM
Lakers in 7.

The more interesting stuff going on in the NBA is the chaos that is going to ensue July 1.

7? did u see the fire in Kobe's eyes this one's a sweep for LA I change my mind

b_halperin
06-17-2010, 07:25 PM
GO RAMS!!!