PDA

View Full Version : Decibel Hall Of Fame Tour

mankvill
04-19-2010, 02:09 PM
http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/04/19/decibel-hall-of-fame-tour-will-feature-cynic-playing-focus-in-full/

According to an email from the band’s label Season of Mist, Cynic will hit the road this July and August for “The Decibel Fall of Fame Tour” on which they’ll play their classic 1993 record Focus in full. We know that Cynic will headline, but we don’t know which other bands will be on the tour. Seeing as a criterion for Decibel Hall of Fame inclusion is that all band members must be alive to talk about the album, we haven’t got much to help us whittle down the list of the 50-some-odd Decibel Hall of Fame bands listed here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decibel_%28magazine%29). But we’re MetalSucks so we’re gonna speculate anyway!

It’s safe to assume that if Cynic are headlining then bigger bands like Slayer and Anthrax won’t be on the tour, and that, for example, the classic Sepultura lineup isn’t about to reunite. It’s also reasonable, but by no means fool-proof, to make assumptions based on style… like, I doubt they’re gonna throw Converge on tour with Cynic (but ya never know). With that in mind, here’s my short-list for possible other bands:

* Carcass
* Atheist
* Morbid Angel
* Obituary
* Suffocation
* Nile
* Enslaved

This is fun; and this tour will undoubtedly be fun too. We’ll keep you apprised of any developments.

Crionics
04-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Sounds like this is gonna rape, please come to Richmond ofcourse.

DethMaiden
04-19-2010, 02:15 PM
This has the potential to be way fucking cool. HoF bands doing their HoF albums? This could be amazing.

Obviously My Dying Bride would be my pick, they're by far my favorite band that I haven't seen.

mastodon421
04-19-2010, 02:16 PM
This could be interesting. If the support is good enough I will proably go.

Crionics
04-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Ya know, idk why, but I have a feeling D.R.I. will be one of them.

JuuKun
04-19-2010, 02:25 PM
That's AWESOME. Focus in full! :rocker:

I'd personally like to see Atheist, Enslaved or My Dying Bride on the bill next to Cynic, but as long as there's a date I can get to, I'm there.

mastodon421
04-19-2010, 02:26 PM
I really won't be surprised if Converge is on it. Hopefully it isn't Obituary they are really boring live.

DethMaiden
04-19-2010, 02:27 PM
That's AWESOME. Focus in full! :rocker:

I'd personally like to see Atheist, Enslaved or My Dying Bride on the bill next to Cynic, but as long as there's a date I can get to, I'm there.

I'd almost rule out Enslaved for the same reason I'm ruling out Katatonia, I don't think they'd do a set of all that old shit.

I really won't be surprised if Converge is on it. Hopefully it isn't Obituary they are really boring live.

I'm guessing it's Converge or Coalesce, honestly. :( And I don't think Obituary would play under Cynic, so you're probably safe there, as much as I'd like to see them do all of Cause of Death.

Uncle_Meat1940
04-19-2010, 02:35 PM
I would kill to see Atheist again...

I would like to see Cynic for once as well, they never come to MN..

JuuKun
04-19-2010, 02:40 PM
I'd almost rule out Enslaved for the same reason I'm ruling out Katatonia, I don't think they'd do a set of all that old shit.

I'd rule out Katatonia because they're doing a September/October tour here. Though the old material thing would probably rule them out regardless.

...On a related note, does it say that the other bands were going to be playing old shit too? Cool if it did, but if not, I can still hope for Enslaved haha.

DethMaiden
04-19-2010, 02:42 PM
I'd rule out Katatonia because they're doing a September/October tour here. Though the old material thing would probably rule them out regardless.

...On a related note, does it say that the other bands were going to be playing old shit too? Cool if it did, but if not, I can still hope for Enslaved haha.

The Enslaved album in the Hall of Fame is Frost, and I'm pretty sure if this is the Decibel Hall of Fame tour all the bands will be following that guideline, or else they could just get any old support for Cynic.

JuuKun
04-19-2010, 02:45 PM
The Enslaved album in the Hall of Fame is Frost, and I'm pretty sure if this is the Decibel Hall of Fame tour all the bands will be following that guideline, or else they could just get any old support for Cynic.

Yeah I know that Frost is their HOF album. I guess you've got a good point about the support, though, it's a solid assumption.

...I just really want to see Enslaved. Another time, then. Still plenty of good bands for them to choose from.

bt11763
04-19-2010, 02:50 PM
uhhh, you know Sleep has been planning to do a US tour for the past year, and they're playing all of Holy Mountain at some festival in upstate NY in September. That's what I'm banking on/praying for :snivel: :lol:

DethMaiden
04-19-2010, 02:51 PM
uhhh, you know Sleep has been planning to do a US tour for the past year, and they're playing all of Holy Mountain at some festival in upstate NY in September. That's what I'm banking on/praying for :snivel: :lol:

Jerusalem is in the HOF. I wouldn't rule it out.

Opening act is gonna be someone with a relatively short HOF album. I think Nile doing their first record would be fucking amazing.

mankvill
04-19-2010, 02:59 PM

I would only pray that Sleep would be above Cynic.

JuuKun
04-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Jerusalem is in the HOF. I wouldn't rule it out.

Opening act is gonna be someone with a relatively short HOF album. I think Nile doing their first record would be fucking amazing.

Yes, it would. Horrified is only about 30 minutes, too, and I wouldn't mind seeing Repulsion. Would much prefer Nile, though. But Nile opening for Cynic? ehhhh...

bt11763
04-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Yes, it would. Horrified is only about 30 minutes, too, and I wouldn't mind seeing Repulsion. Would much prefer Nile, though. But Nile opening for Cynic? ehhhh...

So what, that would still be fucking amazing. yeah i wouldn't say it makes sense but it still doesn't rule out how perfect that show would be.

TonyD
04-19-2010, 04:14 PM

I would be stoked, but that would be hell for whoever played first.

bt11763
04-19-2010, 04:27 PM
I would be stoked, but that would be hell for whoever played first.

why is that?

daimonos
04-19-2010, 04:27 PM
as much as I would fucking love to see Enslaved again, I would rather them headline and play a long show with a vast selection of songs, although seeing Frost would be cool.

hopefully they add someone amazing.

TonyD
04-19-2010, 06:48 PM
why is that?

Cynic fans would hate Sleep, vice versa. Once people see the band they wanna see they would leave.

mankvill
04-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Cynic fans would hate Sleep, vice versa. Once people see the band they wanna see they would leave.

I'd see both!

I just think it'd be weird going from 63 MINUTES OF ORGASMS to actual separate songs with, like, talking in between.

bt11763
04-19-2010, 06:53 PM

yeah i gotcha, but i agree with mank

Pastulio_
04-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Atheist, Morbid Angel, or Sleep would basically make me a happy boy.

ADD
04-19-2010, 09:25 PM
Nah it won't be Sleep cuz they're only doing a handful of shows according to Pike (NY, Chicago, Austin, Portland, SF, a couple others I think), this sounds like it'll be a big tour, a big lame mehtal tour probably.

mankvill
04-19-2010, 09:27 PM
(NY, Chicago, Austin, Portland, SF, a couple others I think)

kc plz omghahd ;_; I'm talking to the guy that books shows here and he LOVES Sleep so...hopefully something happens.

DethMaiden
04-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Nah it won't be Sleep cuz they're only doing a handful of shows according to Pike (NY, Chicago, Austin, Portland, SF, a couple others I think), this sounds like it'll be a big tour, a big lame mehtal tour probably.

Jesus Christ, man! These albums are in the Decibel Hall of Fame! It's not like they're inducting shit from Blackguard and Scar Symmetry, these are landmark albums in heavy music! When the fuck did you get so cynical?

EDIT: Seriously, looking over the list I can't find anything that can be remotely considered "mehtal." I don't like Converge or Coalesce or Discordance Axis, but I get why they're on there.

mankvill
04-19-2010, 09:36 PM
For srs. I'd be wary if this was the Kerrang Hall of Fame, but can you say MOTHERFUCKING BOTCH REUNION AWWWWW JEEEAAAHHHH

IrritatedTrout
04-20-2010, 08:45 AM
I've heard rumors of a Cynic/Atheist tour for awhile and when I met Paul last May he said it was something he'd definitely like to do. I'd put my money on Atheist as support.

JuuKun
04-20-2010, 10:34 AM
I've heard rumors of a Cynic/Atheist tour for awhile and when I met Paul last May he said it was something he'd definitely like to do. I'd put my money on Atheist as support.

Yeah. The more I think about it, the more I think I'd want Atheist the most.

I'm surprised that Seven Churches isn't in the HOF. All of the recording members are still alive, this would have been the perfect time for that Cynic/Possessed tour that was rumored for awhile to happen. :drool:

mankvill
04-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Yeah. The more I think about it, the more I think I'd want Atheist the most.

I'm surprised that Seven Churches isn't in the HOF. All of the recording members are still alive, this would have been the perfect time for that Cynic/Possessed tour that was rumored for awhile to happen. :drool:

Possessed is Jeff + Whoever he can get, which is Sadistic Intent now.

bassmasta257
04-20-2010, 04:39 PM
i am surprised that only one person bothered to mention Morbid Angel!!!!!!!! the opening acts could be Attack Attack, Bless The Fall and Brokencyde and i would still go!!!!!!!!!! (of course such an abomination like that would probably never happen)

daimonos
04-20-2010, 06:15 PM
i am surprised that only one person bothered to mention Morbid Angel!!!!!!!! the opening acts could be Attack Attack, Bless The Fall and Brokencyde and i would still go!!!!!!!!!! (of course such an abomination like that would probably never happen)

which Morbid Angel album is in there? Is it Covenant or Altars?

mankvill
04-20-2010, 06:29 PM

Altars

ghouls attack the church
crush the holy priest

etc.

idrinkwine732
04-20-2010, 07:10 PM

I'd be fine with either.

Would Cynic be able to headline over Morbid Angel?

DethMaiden
04-20-2010, 07:11 PM
I'd be fine with either.

Would Cynic be able to headline over Morbid Angel?

Probably not, but I'm reading into this as a kind of co-headlining tour at this point. Focus isn't a very long album, and I'm sure they'd throw in some Traced in Air tracks, but I don't think they could really headline over any of these bands in the traditional sense.

AnataFan4Life
04-21-2010, 09:24 PM
I've narrowed it down to these bands so far by removing bands who are already touring during this time or have NO chance of being on this tour:

Dark Tranquillity
Saint Vitus
Enslaved
Watchtower
Trouble
DRI
Nile
Suffocation
Autopsy
Incantation
Candlemass
Repulsion
Cannibal Corpse
Mastodon
Coalesce
Opeth
Diamond Head
Katatonia
Cave In
Obituary
Darkthrone
Meshuggah
Brutal Truth
Eyehategod
My Dying Bride
Morbid Angel
Sleep
Cathedral
Atheist
Entombed
Paradise Lost

I'm sure i'm missing some; please point them out for me =P

DethMaiden
04-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Sweet Jesus, if it's My Dying Bride I'm going to shit my pants. I'm not getting my hopes up, but goddamn...I'll go to as many dates as I can afford.

mankvill
04-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Saint Vitus
Enslaved
DRI
Nile
Suffocation
Autopsy
Repulsion
Obituary
Darkthrone
Morbid Angel
Sleep
Atheist

:drool:

Although any would be tits.

JuuKun
04-21-2010, 09:46 PM
I've narrowed it down to these bands so far by removing bands who are already touring during this time or have NO chance of being on this tour:

I'm sure i'm missing some; please point them out for me =P

I'd take off Katatonia, too. They're touring here in September/October, I can't see them doing this tour too.

DethMaiden
04-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Well, you can obviously take off Darkthrone because they've never played live and probably wouldn't start on a tour like this. :lol:

mankvill
04-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Well, you can obviously take off Darkthrone because they've never played live and probably wouldn't start on a tour like this. :lol:

Nocturno Culto w/ Enslaved! I'd see it.

daimonos
04-22-2010, 07:17 PM

actually they played shows until about somewhere around 96-98 then they stopped so they could continue being a school teacher and working in lumber yard while making a new black metal album every year.

sounds like a good deal to me. :lol:

jotun2graveland
04-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Nocturno Culto w/ Enslaved! I'd see it.

While that would be amazing, I can't see Nocturno Culto doing more than a one date thing, like a festival. Although, since this is in the summer, we can still hope (granted, I don't know what Norway's school year is like)
Realistically though, I'm still kind of hoping for Atheist.

AnataFan4Life
04-23-2010, 06:39 PM
So are all of these bands playing all of their "Hall of Fame" album on this tour. It might help me remove some bands.

DethMaiden
04-23-2010, 06:53 PM
So are all of these bands playing all of their "Hall of Fame" album on this tour. It might help me remove some bands.

I'm pretty sure that's what's happening.

AnataFan4Life
04-24-2010, 06:31 AM
Forget Opeth too. Probably should have removed them earlier, but there's no way they're playing all of Orchid.

Uncle_Meat1940
04-24-2010, 01:17 PM
That would be fuckin awesome though...

AnataFan4Life
04-24-2010, 02:53 PM
So Far:

Dark Tranquillity
Saint Vitus
Watchtower
Trouble
DRI
Nile
Suffocation
Autopsy
Incantation
Candlemass
Repulsion
Cannibal Corpse
Mastodon
Coalesce
Diamond Head
Cave In
Obituary
Meshuggah
Brutal Truth
Eyehategod
My Dying Bride
Morbid Angel
Sleep
Cathedral
Atheist
Entombed

I would eliminate more bands because of genre, but you never know what one of these tours might pull.

mankvill
04-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Morbid Angel would be tits. I mean, Altars IS the best death metal album of all time.

But I think Cynic fans wouldn't get along with Morbid Angel fans. :lol:

MPF
04-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Of the ones listed I have a pretty good feeling that Atheist will be one of the bands on the bill. Back at Minnesoata Metalfest last year, they promised they'd be back in 2010 with a huge tour. I'm hoping this is the one.

Davemeistro
04-24-2010, 05:26 PM
I think I would cry if Meshuggah were on this tour playing all of Destroy Erase Improve, but I don't think it'll ever happen...

idrinkwine732
04-24-2010, 07:20 PM
I think I would cry if Meshuggah were on this tour playing all of Destroy Erase Improve, but I don't think it'll ever happen...

They've toured together before, but Meshuggah headlined. I would go nuts if that happened.

Davemeistro
04-24-2010, 07:44 PM
They've toured together before, but Meshuggah headlined. I would go nuts if that happened.

Part of the reason I would shit myself; I missed out on that show cause I got lazy and decided to buy tickets at the door only to find out that they sold out.

AnataFan4Life
04-26-2010, 01:11 PM
So far:

Saint Vitus
Watchtower
Trouble
D.R.I.
Nile
Suffocation
Autopsy
Repulsion
Mastodon
Coalesce
Diamond Head
Cave In
Obituary
Brutal Truth
Eyehategod
Morbid Angel
Sleep
Cathedral
Atheist

I think Atheist is a very likely possibility.

Natrlhi
04-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Sheeit, you made me cry just suggesting such an awesome thing. :bawling: :lovedup:

AnataFan4Life
04-28-2010, 09:56 AM
If the rumors about Mastodon and Suffocation being on Ozzfest are true, then that's two more bands to eliminate.