PDA

View Full Version : TOOL (ALBUM!) NEWS!

undergroundrage
04-15-2010, 08:39 AM
(from theprp.com)

Tool’s latest newsletter reveals that initial writing sessions are underway for the bands next album.

An excerpt from the newsletter can be found below:

“Members of the band are still in the process of writing new material (three days a week), and with the latest leg of the “Puscifer” tour nearing completion, it shouldn’t be long before the dry-erase board is filled with a bewildering array of color-coded intros, progressions, agitatos, con sordinos, crescendos, diatonics, inversions, resolutions, transitions, variations, obbligatos, consonance, and endings – the arrangements that millions will attempt to down-load off the internet.”

Well it's better than nothing. I'm so sick of Maynard wasting time with Pucifier. I don't know one person that likes that fucking band. Can't wait to hear some new stuff, and more importantly, see TOOL live again! :light:

Natrlhi
04-15-2010, 08:44 AM
Yeah, I heard about this, too. Like you said, it's better than no news, but I'll hold off getting excited until I read some track listings or an album title, or see a release date (even if it's just a projected date). Knowing what perfectionists these guys are, the new album could be anywhere from six to nine months, to a couple of years away (maybe not that long, but you get the point). ;)

Uncle_Meat1940
04-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Pucifer is great live, the c.d.s don't do the project justice.

SuFfoLkPriDe
04-16-2010, 11:14 PM
Yeah, I heard about this, too. Like you said, it's better than no news, but I'll hold off getting excited until I read some track listings or an album title, or see a release date (even if it's just a projected date). Knowing what perfectionists these guys are, the new album could be anywhere from six to nine months, to a couple of years away (maybe not that long, but you get the point). ;)

That's the problem, albums always get announced too early, and get pushed back. Knowing there will be new music is good enough for now, waited 3 years for a new Slipknot C.D., and wasn't disappointed.