PDA

View Full Version : Dream "pure mosh music" festival

x-voltage
04-08-2010, 11:08 PM
This fest is with bands that are purely badass and have great moshing music.
Pick the heaviest (most moshable) songs from each band.

Chimaira
1. Power Trip
2. The Dehumanizing Process
3. Comatose
4. Worthless
5. Resurrection
6. The Flame
7. The Disappearing Sun

Five Finger Death Punch
1. The Way of the Fist
2. Meet the Monster
3. Burn it Down
4. War is the Answer
5. The Devil's Own
6. Ashes
7. Dying Breed
8. White Knuckles

Hatebreed
1. This is Now
2. Mind Over All
3. Destroy Everything
4. Never Let it Die
5. Proven
6. Between Hell and a Heartbeat
7. Perserverance
8. I Will Be Heard
9. Hollow Ground
10. Smash Your Enemies
11. Doomsayer
12. Not My Master

Fear Factory
1. Fear Campaign
2. What Will Become
3. Edgecrusher
4. Digimortal
5. Shock
6. Demanufacture
7. Body Hammer
8. Powershifter
9. Controlled Demolition
10. Self-Bias Resistor

Lamb of God
1. Black Label
2. 11th Hour
3. Contractor
4. Grace
5. Walk With me in Hell
6. Redneck
7. Now You've Got Something to Die For
8. The Faded Line
9. Purified
10. Ruin
11. Laid to Rest
12. Broken Hands

Slipknot
1. Surfacing
2. Gemetria (The Killing Name)
3. Before I Forget
4. Me Inside
5. People=Shit
6. Disasterpiece
7. Sulfur
8. Psychosocial
9. The Heretic Anthem
10. This Cold Black
11. Liberate
12. Sic

Pantera (RIP Dime)
1. Cowboys From Hell
2. I'm Broken
3. Suicide Note Part 2
4. Yesterday Don't Mean Shit
5. Revolution is my Name
6. Mouth for War
7. A New Level
8. Domination
9. Fucking Hostile
10. Primal Concrete Sledge
11. Heresy
12. This Love
13. The Art of Shredding
14. 5 Minutes Alone
15. Walk

DethMaiden
04-09-2010, 07:56 AM
in before more hilarious posts

Wizzbang11
04-09-2010, 09:51 AM
I honestly was expecting at least one thrash band.
These are just tough guy douchebag bands.

mankvill
04-09-2010, 11:26 AM
This is almost as bad as the "most badass bands" thread.

Almost.

x-voltage
04-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Hey wizzbang, I can see how you'd thing Hatebreed and Five Finger Death Punch are tough guy bands, and that's your opinion. But how can you say Chimaira, Lamb of God, Fear Factory, Slipknot, and Pantera are "tough guy bands". That's just fuckin stupid. If you think Dime is just a tough guy playing tough music, then you should look at all of the guitarists he has influenced. He is one of the most influential people in metal history. And Mankvill, ya this thread might be kind of out there, but it's not like I only listen to "badass" bands. I just felt like making a thread on the heaviest bands I know. Maybe it's the way I worded it (Badass) or maybe you just don't like heavy music. Either way, back off man, it's just a thread I felt like writing.

mankvill
04-09-2010, 11:41 AM
I just felt like making a thread on the heaviest bands I know.

You need to know heavier bands ASAP

evildeadjedi
04-09-2010, 12:02 PM
You need to know heavier bands ASAP

^This

Seriously, start listening to less stuff you hear on the radio and see on MTV/Fuse. There is a ton of great stuff out there you're missing.

Sanitarium78
04-09-2010, 01:29 PM
I like 5FDP but not in large doses. Every so often they're alright to listen to when I take a break from my regular listening rotation. But if you think they're among the best at getting people to mosh and be active you have to get to more concerts. They're far from the top.

Anyways, this seems like something fun so i'll try it. I'm just gonna base it on bands that i've seen live who've had the best pits/crowd activity.

HATEBREED

Become The Fuse
Everyone Bleeds Now
Doomsayer
To The Threshold
Destroy Everything
Perseverence
Conceived Through An Act Of Violence
In Ashes They Shall Reap
Defeatist
Live For This
This Is Now
I Will Be Heard

MACHINE HEAD

Clenching The Fists Of Dissent
Imperium
Struck A Nerve
Aesthetics Of Hate
Slanderous
Block
Bite The Bullet
Ten Ton Hammer
Old
Wolves
Halo
Davidian

ANTHRAX

What Doesn't Die
Among The Living
Caught In A Mosh
Time
A.I.R.
Fueled
N.F.L.
One Man Stands
Killing Box
Potter's Feild
Madhouse
Keep It In The Family
In My World
I Am The Law
Be All, End All
Indians

MEGADETH

Dialectic Chaos
This Day We Fight!
Set The World Afire
Hangar 18
Take No Prisoners
Wake Up Dead
Hook In Mouth
Kick The Chair
Rattlehead
Ashes In Your Mouth
Devil's Island
Good Mourning/Black Friday
Headcrusher
Five Magics
Tornado Of Souls
Last Rites/Loved To Deth
The Skull Beneath The Skin
The Conjuring
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due

I think that would be a pretty good lineup for a show. Of course who the best bands are to mosh to is just a matter of taste. Which we all know I quite varied on this board.

undergroundrage
04-09-2010, 05:58 PM
People need to stop hating on bands just because they are popular.

Wizzbang11
04-09-2010, 06:07 PM
I don't hate them because they are popular, I hate them because they suck.
And what are you doing, your name has underground in it!

IrritatedTrout
04-09-2010, 06:19 PM
First I was like :eyes:
Then I was like :hecho:
Followed by :flame:
With :barf: promptly succeeding
Up next was :tp:
Finally settling with :hmm:

At least this shit mostly stays in the Dream Sets section.

bt11763
04-09-2010, 06:46 PM
People need to stop hating on bands just because they are popular.

inb4 OMGWTF STOP MAKING FUN OF LAMB OF GOD!!! :boohoo:

Hey wizzbang, I can see how you'd thing Hatebreed and Five Finger Death Punch are tough guy bands, and that's your opinion. But how can you say Chimaira, Lamb of God, Fear Factory, Slipknot, and Pantera are "tough guy bands". That's just fuckin stupid.

Um, I am a big fan of all the bands you posted save for Five Finger Donkey Punch, they can eat a bag of dicks. But you really don't think Pantera can be considered tough guy music??? Have you never heard Walk??? :confused:

undergroundrage
04-09-2010, 06:48 PM
I don't hate them because they are popular, I hate them because they suck.
And what are you doing, your name has underground in it!

I've used the name for 10+ years so it's just stuck...

None of those bands suck. At least it's still metal and not pop or some senseless rap. The worse of the bands are FFDP and SlipKnot and they are better than a lot of other stuff out there.

You really think LOG sucks? Really? And Pantera? Chimaira, Hatebreed? REALLY? Fear Factory? Come on. None of these bands have once ounce of suck in them. Have you even really listened to them? or are YOU basing it on the music videos you have seen?

DethMaiden
04-09-2010, 06:49 PM
I've used the name for 10+ years so it's just stuck...

None of those bands suck. At least it's still metal and not pop or some senseless rap. The worse of the bands are FFDP and SlipKnot and they are better than a lot of other stuff out there.

You really think LOG sucks? Really? And Pantera? Chimaira, Hatebreed? REALLY? Fear Factory? Come on. None of these bands have once ounce of suck in them. Have you even really listened to them? or are YOU basing it on the music videos you have seen?

:eyes: :eyes:

undergroundrage
04-09-2010, 06:58 PM
inb4 OMGWTF STOP MAKING FUN OF LAMB OF GOD!!! :boohoo:

I don't care if someone doesn't like the band. I draw the line when someone says they suck. You have to be a total fucking idiot to say that band sucks. Respect what they do, how they play, and what they speak about. As I said before, there is a huge difference between not liking a band, and saying they suck. Saying LOG sucks makes you (or whoever is saying it)come off very ignorant.

DethMaiden
04-09-2010, 06:59 PM
I don't care if someone doesn't like the band. I draw the line when someone says they suck. You have to be a total fucking idiot to say that band sucks. Respect what they do, how they play, and what they speak about. As I said before, there is a huge difference between not liking a band, and saying they suck. Saying LOG sucks makes you (or whoever is saying it)come off very ignorant.

Saying "pop and senseless rap" sucks without even being open to the possibility that a metal band sucks makes you come off waaaaay more ignorant, pal.

bt11763
04-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Saying "pop and senseless rap" sucks without even being open to the possibility that a metal band sucks makes you come off waaaaay more ignorant, pal.

Thank you. :D

undergroundrage
04-09-2010, 07:07 PM

I am open to metal bands sucking, but the ones mentions are not the ones who suck.

bt11763
04-09-2010, 07:10 PM
I am open to metal bands sucking, but the ones mentions are not the ones who suck.

See, this is your problem buddy. You get so upset about other people's opinions, but you don't realize that all of that is your opinion. In my opinion, Five Finger Death Punch is one of the worst metal bands on the planet. In your opinion, that makes me an idiot.

Now do you see why when you speak it gives me heart palpitations??

undergroundrage
04-09-2010, 07:17 PM
See, this is your problem buddy. You get so upset about other people's opinions, but you don't realize that all of that is your opinion. In my opinion, Five Finger Death Punch is one of the worst metal bands on the planet. In your opinion, that makes me an idiot.

Now do you see why when you speak it gives me heart palpitations??

FFDP are not one of the bands I was arguing for. There are far worse bands out there, yeah, but I don't have a problem with people hating them, i can see why they are hated. I do not understand how anyone who likes metal can say that LOG sucks. And no one here has been able to give me a single reason as to why they suck.

DethMaiden
04-09-2010, 07:24 PM
FFDP are not one of the bands I was arguing for. There are far worse bands out there, yeah, but I don't have a problem with people hating them, i can see why they are hated. I do not understand how anyone who likes metal can say that LOG sucks. And no one here has been able to give me a single reason as to why they suck.

If you like them, then yeah, you're not gonna get it. They suck, in my opinion, because they're all swagger and no substance, they're macho posturing music at its worst, they've never written a good or original song, they give people the wrong idea about what metal is, and they're completely the opposite of fun to listen to. You like them, so you disagree with all of that. I don't need to give a reason why they suck, but if I had to, there's several.

undergroundrage
04-09-2010, 10:11 PM
That proved to me that you've never really listened to Lamb of God, or Chimaira. All swagger, no substance? Maybe their beginnings, but not what they've released on their last few efforts. You're confusing these bands with Hardcore bands, it seems. Listen to WRATH, I mean, really listen to the music and what Randy is saying. Same goes for Chimaira with Resurrection. It's not just swagger and there is a lot of substance. Then to say that about Fear Factory and Pantera as well? Are you serious? :tp:

You're right, I 100% disagree with you and it's not because I like the bands, it's because you'd have to be ignorant and hard headed to not see talent and substance with the bands. It's like if I said Mastodon (you seem to like them) sucked. I may not be a huge fan, but I respect the hell out of what they do and would never say they suck. Lyrically, they have nothing to talk about, there is no substance, but they do not suck...yet you seem to like them, and hate bands like LOG. Looking at your sig, you don't seem to like 'real life' bands and want more fantasy, dungeons and dragons type stuff. Whatever bro, it's your taste. I'm not going to say it sucks, because I'm not that ignorant. But you saying the bands I mentioned have no substance, and suck, is ignorant.

I think a lot of people form opinions on bands based on one or two songs that they have heard, and if it's the wrong songs, they will dump the band into a category that doesn't even fit with reality.

mankvill
04-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Lamb of God writes totally generic, uninsipired, dumbed down "metal" which appeals to the most amount of people at once because it's working class metal music. It's nothing fancy, nothing out of the ordinary, just generic and catchy enough that people with just a passing curiosity in metal music can get hooked easily and will eagerly gobble up anything the band puts out from then on, because it can only go up from there. If I disregard the image and the lyrics completely, it's still just a generic metal band in the same vein as Pantera. Nothing special, but they are huge because people who don't know about anything better think they are God's gift to the metal scene.

mankvill
04-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Looking at your sig, you don't seem to like 'real life' bands and want more fantasy, dungeons and dragons type stuff.

Also - WAT? You did notice that he's going to see EyeHateGod, right?

DethMaiden
04-09-2010, 10:21 PM

Not to mention the fact that, as far as I know, not one goddamn band in my sig writes fantasy/D&D lyrics, even if Mastodon occasionally come close.

Not that I'm surprised that a Lamb of God fan has a totally irrelevant, lyric-centric attitude about music.

undergroundrage
04-09-2010, 10:22 PM

Not really I just glanced and seen Iron Maiden, DT and Mastodon.

mankvill
04-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Not really I just glanced and seen Iron Maiden, DT and Mastodon.

Call me crazy, but I think Maiden, DT and Mastodon sing mostly about literature, history, and life experiences.

undergroundrage
04-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Not to mention the fact that, as far as I know, not one goddamn band in my sig writes fantasy/D&D lyrics, even if Mastodon occasionally come close.

Not that I'm surprised that a Lamb of God fan has a totally irrelevant, lyric-centric attitude about music.

You would find more variety on my iTunes than most people here, and it includes pretty much every band in your sig. I listen to different bands for different things. You have just, ignorantly, stereotyped me without even knowing shit about what kinds of music I like. You just see me defending LOG and other popular bands and think that's all I listen to. Sorry, it's not the case at all. I just can't stand when people say they suck. I listen to a lot of shit that you could say sucks and I wouldn't have a problem with it, but LOG (along with the other bands in this topic) do not fall into this category.

undergroundrage
04-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Call me crazy, but I think Maiden, DT and Mastodon sing mostly about literature, history, and life experiences.

And LOG (I'll just focus on them, it's too hard to bring the rest into this topic) doesn't?

DethMaiden
04-09-2010, 10:30 PM
And LOG (I'll just focus on them, it's too hard to bring the rest into this topic) doesn't?

My point is more that lyrics are wholly irrelevant to this debate. Lamb of God lyrics could be the best poetry since Pablo Neruda and I would still think that they suck.

mankvill
04-09-2010, 10:31 PM

I don't know, but like I said, I don't care what a band sings about lyrically when I form my opinions on the band. I go by the music, which is really the only thing that matters. It's how I can listen to left-wing political grindcore and NSBM at the same time.

undergroundrage
04-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Lamb of God writes totally generic, uninsipired, dumbed down "metal" which appeals to the most amount of people at once because it's working class metal music. It's nothing fancy, nothing out of the ordinary, just generic and catchy enough that people with just a passing curiosity in metal music can get hooked easily and will eagerly gobble up anything the band puts out from then on, because it can only go up from there. If I disregard the image and the lyrics completely, it's still just a generic metal band in the same vein as Pantera. Nothing special, but they are huge because people who don't know about anything better think they are God's gift to the metal scene.

I respect parts of this post because you actually say why you don't like them and make some decent points. But, I would never call it uninspired. They are one of the more politically relevant bands around.

undergroundrage
04-09-2010, 10:34 PM
I don't know, but like I said, I don't care what a band sings about lyrically when I form my opinions on the band. I go by the music, which is really the only thing that matters. It's how I can listen to left-wing political grindcore and NSBM at the same time.

Like I said, I listen to different bands for different things but I don't understand how you can love a band that you can't lyrically connect to. I'm not saying it's the most important thing, but I think it separates good bands from great bands. The band has to be saying something that means something to me, otherwise they are just another band. I have countless bands in my library that are amazing musically, but say nothing I care about so they don't get much play.

mankvill
04-09-2010, 10:35 PM
I respect parts of this post because you actually say why you don't like them and make some decent points. But, I would never call it uninspired. They are one of the more politically relevant bands around.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't really go by lyrics to determine whether I like a band or not.

You might just be the best Lamb of God fan I've encountered on this site (they're rare here). You have my respect too :3

undergroundrage
04-09-2010, 10:38 PM
My point is more that lyrics are wholly irrelevant to this debate. Lamb of God lyrics could be the best poetry since Pablo Neruda and I would still think that they suck.

How are lyrics irrelevant to this debate? To the original topic, sure, but not when talking about how good a band is. If the lyrics don't matter, then all you have is and instrumental band.

mankvill
04-09-2010, 10:40 PM
How are lyrics irrelevant to this debate? To the original topic, sure, but not when talking about how good a band is. If the lyrics don't matter, then all you have is and instrumental band.

I remember we had a debate about this a while back in another thread and I thought someone said something akin to how vocals in extreme metal are more like another instrument than a vehicle to convey lyrical meaning.

undergroundrage
04-09-2010, 10:42 PM
I understand what you're saying, but I don't really go by lyrics to determine whether I like a band or not.

You might just be the best Lamb of God fan I've encountered on this site (they're rare here). You have my respect too :3

Well that's good to know. :fist:

Just a note to my taste in music, while typing the last few posts, the bands that played on my iTunes were Amon Amarth, Lay Down Rotten, and now Opeth is playing. Variety is the spice of life.

DethMaiden
04-09-2010, 10:42 PM
I remember we had a debate about this a while back in another thread and I thought someone said something akin to how vocals in extreme metal are more like another instrument than a vehicle to convey lyrical meaning.

This. And not just extreme metal, it's not like Maiden and Priest deserve the Nobel Prize in Literature, the lyrics just have to fit the tone. Good lyrics really just are a bonus to an already good album - they certainly can't save a bad one.

undergroundrage
04-09-2010, 10:44 PM

Oh I agree, they are in some music (true death metal, to some extent, also comes to mind). But that's probably also why I can only take those bands in 30 minute doses, usually.

undergroundrage
04-09-2010, 10:46 PM
For the record, I'm not saying anything bad about Maiden, or DT, or Mastodon. They are never my first choice to listen to, but I also don't skip or turn them off if they come up.

undergroundrage
04-09-2010, 10:47 PM
If you sdont like log. Then why do you have a log avatar. CHANGE It you fucking prick.

Stuff like this probably adds to his hate for LOG, and gives the band the image that I am sitting here trying to fight off. :flame:

undergroundrage
04-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Lets talk about a REALLY uninspired, generic band - Godsmack. That's the type of music I think of when I hear the things you say about LOG.

mankvill
04-09-2010, 10:54 PM
If you sdont like log. Then why do you have a log avatar. CHANGE It you fucking prick.

:3c u mad bro?

JuuKun
04-09-2010, 11:31 PM

I don't see why you get so upset over his avatar choice. Get over it. The internet is not such serious business, holy fucking shit.

Also, as someone who used to be a LoG fan, I'm siding with manky on this. I think they're awful. And it's not "ignorant" to say a band sucks, it's, y'know...an opinion. It's not ignorant to have an opinion now, is it? Cause, if it is, hell, sign me up for the Ignorance Club.

Just throwin' my input out there.

b_halperin
04-10-2010, 12:28 AM

My advice is that you really should just calm down and stop taking things like this personal, and people might be more willing to listen to what you have to say.

Lamb of God is my favorite band, I love their music and their lyrics, and get inspired every time I listen to their music.. but that doesn't mean that I'm "right." If everyone could just realize that nobody is going to convert anyone to listen to their music I think this site would be a lot more fun for everyone.

Musical Preference is opinion. I wouldn't attack anybody for liking the color blue rather than the color red.

mastodon421
04-10-2010, 06:17 AM

Dude you really just need to chill man. I love LOG but mankvill was making a joke and it is a quite funny one. Its a joke bro just move on.

idrinkwine732
04-10-2010, 06:58 AM
As a (former?) Lamb of God fan, I can completely understand everything that manks said. They write a watered down version of metal, and Blythe gives the band a bad image. The only problem is...I like them for some reason. Yeah, the misanthropic lyrics and the repetetive riffs etc get to me quite a bit, but there have been quite a few times where I just like it. I dunno, it's weird acknowledging that something can suck, but it just doesn't for some reason.

undergroundrage
04-10-2010, 08:00 AM
The only problem is...I like them for some reason. Yeah, the misanthropic lyrics and the repetetive riffs etc get to me quite a bit, but there have been quite a few times where I just like it. I dunno, it's weird acknowledging that something can suck, but it just doesn't for some reason.

It's called a guilty pleasure. Everyone, who is honest, has at least one of these bands in their playlist. I'm not saying LOG is that for me, but I do have many of them in there.

larvtard
04-10-2010, 09:14 AM

If you don't like LOG, then why do you have a LOG avatar? Change it, you fucking prick.

Is it that hard to learn grammar?

JRA
04-10-2010, 09:38 AM
If you don't like LOG, then why do you have a LOG avatar? Change it, you fucking prick.

Is it that hard to learn grammar?

:lol:

bt11763
04-10-2010, 09:50 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

this guy has become my favorite person to post in this entire forum ever

x-voltage
04-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Undergroundrage is the man. I'm totally on his side. Great debate going on. And for whoever said that I need to listen to find heavier bands, fuck you. I'm not saying that these bands are the heaviest by some fact or statistic. I'm just saying they're my favorite heavy bands, and I asked you guys to list your favorite heavy bands, which I think only one person has done. Everyone seems to hate "tough guy" metal now-a-days. Why? Who cares if the lyrics are kind of corny and have to do with "tough" stuff, or the music is kind of basic. It works. It's just their style and you have to respect that. Every band has their own style. Plus on the first page, someone who dissed my choice of heavy bands and bands that get the crowd going listed Machine Head and Megadeth. I'll admit, I totally bypassed Machine Head. They're my 3rd favorite band and I just simply forgot to put them on my list. I've seen them twice and they were amazing. But Megadeth, I don't think so. I just saw them on the RIP tour, and Dave didn't do much to get the crowd going. A lot of people go to Megadeth concerts because they're an epic band and they want to see Mustaine. They're there to enjoy the show.

mankvill
04-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Everyone seems to hate "tough guy" metal now-a-days. Why?

Generic sound. That's all.

DethMaiden
04-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Generic sound. That's all.

That's not all. There's also the fact that macho posturing should have nothing to do with metal whatsoever. It was metal kids who were too skinny or too fat and got picked on in high school in the 80s, so they started saying in music what they couldn't say in person. Now the assholes who do the teasing are the ones forming bands, and those bands happen to uniformly suck donkey balls.

daimonos
04-10-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm not going to read this whole thing because I don't care enough, so I'm just going to jump in and give my piece.

I understand why users on this site don't like Lamb of God because of their music, but what I don't understand is why you label them as "macho posturing, tough guys". Now as far as you saying that about Hatebreed and FFDP I completely understand though, just not Lamb of God.

undergroundrage
04-10-2010, 05:53 PM
But Megadeth, I don't think so. I just saw them on the RIP tour, and Dave didn't do much to get the crowd going. A lot of people go to Megadeth concerts because they're an epic band and they want to see Mustaine. They're there to enjoy the show.

I don't even want to get started on Megadeth because I know I'll be in a huge argument, but I seen them once and they were the most boring band I have ever seen. Ironic enough, they played right after LOG on the Giganton Tour. The crowd was just dead and Mustane did nothing to get them going. maybe it had something to do with everyone being tired after LOG tore the place down, or maybe that's just Megadeth. But they offered nothing live for me to enjoy. There is always the Metallica vs Megadeth debate, but if you've ever seen them both live, then there is no debate. Metallica put on one of the best shows you will ever see.

Not to say Megadeth suck, but they sure are boring live.

mankvill
04-10-2010, 06:04 PM
I don't even want to get started on Megadeth because I know I'll be in a huge argument, but I seen them once and they were the most boring band I have ever seen.

:eek:

Sanitarium78
04-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Plus on the first page, someone who dissed my choice of heavy bands and bands that get the crowd going listed Machine Head and Megadeth. I'll admit, I totally bypassed Machine Head. They're my 3rd favorite band and I just simply forgot to put them on my list. I've seen them twice and they were amazing. But Megadeth, I don't think so. I just saw them on the RIP tour, and Dave didn't do much to get the crowd going. A lot of people go to Megadeth concerts because they're an epic band and they want to see Mustaine. They're there to enjoy the show.

I was the one who listed Machine Head and Megadeth. Did you also notice that i'm the only one who went along with the thread title and put sets up instead of bashing every band you put up there? I was the only one who was actually OK with what you were posting and then you go ahead and call me out for a band I picked? Sorry, that's not cool at all bro. Argue with the others here who are talking shit instead of the one that was going along with you.

I've seen Megadeth six times and each time the crowd was awesome. Always pushing, shoving, moshing, surfing and doing whatever the fuck else they can do. Mustaine doesn't have to do anything to get the crowd going and never has to my knowledge, because the crowd does it themselves. If a band has to tell the crowd to move then there's something wrong. The music should just take over and the crowd will follow through with activity. The main reason that I chose Hatebreed, Machine Head, Anthrax and Megadeth for this is because when i've seen these bands live the singers didn't have to tell the crowd to do shit. From the opening note the crowds were moving to these bands and they never stopped until the show was over.

Sorry, I like 5FDP but you can't put them on your list and then call me out for putting Megadeth on mine. As far as i'm conserned five finger isn't even worthy of sharing the same stage or being in the same discussion as Megadeth.

rjturtle9
04-10-2010, 07:04 PM
You would find more variety on my iTunes than most people here.

This post right here alone makes is a ridiculous thing to say. Have you seen what any of us have on our computer? I guess not. I bet you will find more variety on my Itunes than yours based off the many stupid posts you have made.

undergroundrage
04-10-2010, 08:03 PM
This post right here alone makes is a ridiculous thing to say. Have you seen what any of us have on our computer? I guess not. I bet you will find more variety on my Itunes than yours based off the many stupid posts you have made.

Maybe, maybe not. You are one of the few who does have a variety but you can go into the 'what are you listening to' topic and see what most people like. But I don't know, even my closest friends find some things shocking when they see what all I have on the computer.

But notice I didn't say I had more variety than anyone else, I said I had more than most.

Indestructible
04-10-2010, 08:50 PM
I dont have setlists made but I have good mosh bands.

Lamb Of God
Hatebreed
Shadows Fall
Slipknot
Megadeth

x-voltage
04-11-2010, 01:15 AM
Sanitarium, thanks for actually being the only one who made setlists. I didn't bash Megadeth. I like Megadeth. I just said that they weren't one of the more heavier bands that I've seen. I just think that Dave doesn't do much to get the crowd going.

larvtard
04-11-2010, 07:57 AM
one of the more heavier bands.

I think shit music taste correlates with lack of intelligence

Wizzbang11
04-11-2010, 08:36 AM
That's not all. There's also the fact that macho posturing should have nothing to do with metal whatsoever. It was metal kids who were too skinny or too fat and got picked on in high school in the 80s, so they started saying in music what they couldn't say in person. Now the assholes who do the teasing are the ones forming bands, and those bands happen to uniformly suck donkey balls.

Yep. It's also dominated by a bunch of unintelligent assholes who make music to fight and drink to.
Tough Guy metal=awful.

evildeadjedi
04-11-2010, 08:40 AM
SLAYER :rocker::horns:

/end thread

Maiden33
04-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Journey:

01.Any Way You Want It
02.Signs of life
03.Who's Cryin' Now
04.After the Fall
05.I'll Be Alright Without You
06.Faith in the Heartland
07.All the Way
08.Send Her My love
09.Still They Ride
10.lights
11.After All These Years
12.Mother Father
13.Open Arms
14.Turn Down the World Tonight
15.lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'
Encore:
16.When You love a Woman
17.Faithfully
18.Don't Stop Believin'

FUCKING MOSH BRO!!!!!111!!!! :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

JuuKun
04-11-2010, 11:11 AM

SEE YOU IN THE PIT MAN!!!! :rocker:

evildeadjedi
04-11-2010, 11:19 AM
SEE YOU IN THE PIT MAN!!!! :rocker:

Just a city boy born and raised in south Detriot he took the midnight going ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!! :rocker: Lets see some BLOOD! :rocker:

Sanitarium78
04-11-2010, 11:54 AM
I think shit music taste correlates with lack of intelligence

Not for me. I like some of the "shit" or "tough guy" metal that you guys call it like LOG, Machine Head and Pantera. But bands with technical music and well thought out lyrics like Rush, Iron Maiden, Megadeth and Dream Theater are among my favorites. So what does that make me in the end? A smart musical idiot? It's good to listen to a few bands here and there that you don't have to think about what they're doing musically or what they're talking about lyrically. Don't judge people you know nothing about and think they all fall into one type of fan category or that they're automatically an idiot for liking a certian band. It's horribly immature and it shows that you lack intelligence by doing that. It's also not fair to think that every fan of these kinds of bands is the person you've conjured them up to be in your head, because most likly they're not.

What i've never gotten on this forum is if you don't like something being discussed in a thread why waste time posting on it? It makes no sense to me. If you don't like the bands mentioned here then skip the thread and move on to one that has bands you like that you can talk about. I know you guys are trying to be "cool" by coming on threads that have bands you don't like and bash them and their fans just because you feel like it. Truth is though it doesn't make you "cool" at all. It just makes you come accross as annoying assholes as far as i'm conserned. Unfortunately, this forum has far too many of those people and it makes an otherwise cool place to come to hard to stand most of the time:mad:

mankvill
04-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Journey:

01.Any Way You Want It
02.Signs of life
03.Who's Cryin' Now
04.After the Fall
07.All the Way
08.Send Her My love
09.Still They Ride
10.lights
11.After All These Years
12.Mother Father
13.Open Arms
Encore:
16.When You love a Woman
17.Faithfully
18.Don't Stop Believin'

Fuck you for not putting Separate Ways on there.

Maiden33
04-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Fuck you for not putting Separate Ways on there.

Aside from one or two songs I was purposely making it as mellow as I could. If I was going for a Journey set I actually WANTED, it would only have had like 6 of those songs.

x-voltage
04-11-2010, 12:26 PM
I completely agree with Sanitarium. One person out of the 70 plus comments actually posted a setlist. This is why I'm never going on this website again, because this shit always happens. I used to love this website and have good discussions about setlists and concerts, but lately it's a bunch of duschebags just bashing other people's preferences. I thought metal fans were supposed to be understanding, people on this board are acting like judgemental pricks who listen to rap and modern day hip hop bullshit. Thanks dicks.

Maiden33
04-11-2010, 12:32 PM
I completely agree with Sanitarium. One person out of the 70 plus comments actually posted a setlist. This is why I'm never going on this website again, because this shit always happens. I used to love this website and have good discussions about setlists and concerts, but lately it's a bunch of duschebags just bashing other people's preferences. I thought metal fans were supposed to be understanding, people on this board are acting like judgemental pricks who listen to rap and modern day hip hop bullshit. Thanks dicks.

But I posted a setlist... :eyes:

mankvill
04-11-2010, 12:57 PM
people on this board are acting like judgemental pricks who listen to rap and modern day hip hop bullshit.

And you just refuted everything you just said. That must be some kind of record.

Leave. Nothing of value will be lost.

bt11763
04-11-2010, 01:51 PM

there is nothing fucking wrong with rap and hip hop, recent trends of which have killed the genre but you're a fucking retard for thinking like that.

and for the record, it's spelled douche bags.

don't let the door hit you on the way out fuck head :bigfinger

rjturtle9
04-11-2010, 11:26 PM
This thread has all my least favorite posters on it.

rjturtle9
04-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Journey:

01.Any Way You Want It
02.Signs of life
03.Who's Cryin' Now
04.After the Fall
07.All the Way
08.Send Her My love
09.Still They Ride
10.lights
11.After All These Years
12.Mother Father
13.Open Arms
Encore:
16.When You love a Woman
17.Faithfully
18.Don't Stop Believin'

Wall of Death during Faithfully :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

xStructualDefect
04-12-2010, 12:44 AM
Sanitarium78 has got to be my favorite poster on here. i pretty much always completely agree what he has to say.

Sanitarium78
04-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Sanitarium78 has got to be my favorite poster on here. i pretty much always completely agree what he has to say.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Sir:D

I don't know, I just believe in talking sense around here rather than just saying "this or that sucks" and bashing a band for no reason. There's a few people who make everyone look fuckin stupid on here by what they post and holy fuck are they annoying.

Still no one is able to answer my question I posted before which was: Why if you don't like the band or bands being discussed in a certian thread do you decide to go on the thread and bash them? My guess is the reason no one has an answer is because they don't have a reason. They're just being assholes plain and simple. We need to make this place enjoyable and bond together as metal fans, no matter what kind of metal we listen to. Instead some feel the need to drive a wedge between people and force them to not come around here anymore for no good reason. A good debate is fine but some posters on here are to childish for that to be a possibilty.

Indestructible
04-13-2010, 12:52 PM
You can discuss a band you dont like but do it intellegently.

mankvill
04-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Why if you don't like the band or bands being discussed in a certian thread do you decide to go on the thread and bash them?

If you can't defend your band when they get bashed instead of getting all butthurt, then it just encourages more bashing.

Indestructible
04-13-2010, 01:16 PM
If you can't defend your band when they get bashed instead of getting all butthurt, then it just encourages more bashing.

Wow you just completly missed Sanitariums point.
If you dont like a band why do you bother clicking on the thread to say things about them. Leave it alone if you hate the band fine let the discussion take place with the people who enjoy the bands music.

Ive said this before but Im done posting on this board. Everyone here is so fucking immature and childish.

Keep acting like this I hope someone beats the shit out of you(belive me someone will).

Natrlhi
04-13-2010, 01:28 PM
This thread has all my least favorite posters on it.

Yeah, that Mankvill is an asshole.

Natrlhi
04-13-2010, 02:02 PM
Is it that hard to learn grammar?For some people, apparently so.

mankvill
04-13-2010, 03:08 PM
:boohoo:

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/8912/1805v.jpg

makethemsuffer12
04-13-2010, 03:50 PM
If you dont like a band why do you bother clicking on the thread to say things about them. Leave it alone if you hate the band fine let the discussion take place with the people who enjoy the bands music.

Ive said this before but Im done posting on this board. Everyone here is so fucking immature and childish.
Keep acting like this I hope someone beats the shit out of you(belive me someone will).

http://img.moronail.net/img/1/5/615.jpg

Div
04-13-2010, 05:26 PM

who exactly would do that? randy blythe? his skinny ass couldnt even beat himself up

powerslave_85
04-13-2010, 05:35 PM
You would find more variety on my iTunes than most people hereO RLY

Maiden33
04-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Seriously, how hard is it to have proper spelling? I mean I know grammar requires at least a fifth grade education to grasp, but if you have an internet browser made or updated anytime in the past 5 years, it has spell-check built in. Those little jagged red lines? It means try again. :tp:

JuuKun
04-13-2010, 06:47 PM

Says the guy who will talk about how grindcore shouldn't even be considered music every single time it's brought up :tp:

EDIT: And dont isn't a word. It's a contraction of two words, do and not. That means you need an apostrophe in there, bro. Don't.

camby118
04-13-2010, 07:59 PM
To OP:
I have seen both Metallica and Megadeth live.

Megadeth: Gigantour 2008 and RIP Anniversary
Metallica: World Magnetic

.... Notice how I went to see one of those bands a second time?

Natrlhi
04-14-2010, 07:05 AM
Those little jagged red lines? It means try again. :tp:

:lol: +1

Natrlhi
04-14-2010, 07:06 AM

Says the guy who will talk about how grindcore shouldn't even be considered music every single time it's brought up :tp:

EDIT: And dont isn't a word. It's a contraction of two words, do and not. That means you need an apostrophe in there, bro. Don't.

Nice. You forgot to mention his spelling of "intellegently". That says it all right there. :lol:

bt11763
04-14-2010, 07:19 AM
O RLY

yeah exactly, i just let that one go :lol:

JuuKun
04-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Nice. You forgot to mention his spelling of "intellegently". That says it all right there. :lol:

One step at a time, one step at a time.

Sanitarium78
04-14-2010, 02:43 PM

I'll agree with that. But sometimes you can't quite explain why you like a band. Sometimes the music just hits you a certian way and you really can't explain what it is that gets you into them. I'm not sure if that makes any sense, but at least for me it happens like that with some bands.

The_jman
04-14-2010, 03:14 PM
I just read this entire thread, and I don't know whether to laugh, or cry about the half hour of my life I wasted.

For the record, I like Godsmack.but then Again I don't really care if anyone else thinks they are generic and suck. I think Lamb of god sucks, mostly because I just don't like them. Don't most things we dislike translate as sucking? I don't like research for my classes, therefore it sucks. Because its my opinion that they suck does not automatically mean that they suck or are terrible, that's just what I think. people get buttered because most people get lazy and don't bother to write I think Lamb of God sucks. Then again these people saying they suck also assume that others are reasonably intelligent and will understand when they say LOG sucks, its their opinion. My opinion isn't fact, neither is anyone else's. What's the use of getting upset about anyone else's opinion?

also what is the use of threatening to leave the sight? Do you think people are going to beg you to stay? The boat isn't going to sink without you. You are not the keystone of this opperation. No one is forcing you to stay. If you want to stay go ahead, you want to leave go for it. Trust me, threatening to leave just makes people laugh and say, well... so what?

(please note, I did not bother and quote posters to reply to individual items, if you've read the thread you can figure out who I'm talking to in what part, if I'm talking to anyone specifically)

*note: to Maiden33, your post with the journey set was probably the funniest post in this thread, IMO.

Maiden33
04-14-2010, 03:22 PM
*note: to Maiden33, your post with the journey set was probably the funniest post in this thread, IMO.

Thanks, that's what I was going for. :D

xStructualDefect
04-14-2010, 09:55 PM

no one should have to explain why they like a band. like Maiden33 some bands just hit you a good way that won't hit others the same way.