PDA

View Full Version : How does Maiden figure upcoming N.A. tour will be "most extensive"?

Travis The Dragon
04-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Number of N.A. dates played on the SBIT tour: 24
Number of N.A. dates on the upcoming tour: 22

How do they figure that the upcoming tour is their "most extensive North American tour in many years."?

DethMaiden
04-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Number of N.A. dates played on the SBIT tour: 24
Number of N.A. dates on the upcoming tour: 22

How do they figure that the upcoming tour is their "most extensive North American tour in many years."?

Are you counting both legs of SBIT? Because there could be a second leg in store for this tour, too.

Travis The Dragon
04-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Are you counting both legs of SBIT? Because there could be a second leg in store for this tour, too.

Yes I'm counting both SBIT legs, but they're indicating that it's the upcoming summer tour that's the most extensive:

The announcement comes with news of a North American tour with very special guests Dream Theater to open in Dallas, Texas, on June 9 and finish in Washington D.C. on July 20, making it Maiden's most extensive North American tour in many years.

idrinkwine732
04-07-2010, 08:24 PM
There are no repeat nights on this tour, where there were 2 Irvine shows and 2 New Jersey shows on the SBIT tour. That'd be my guess.

mankvill
04-07-2010, 08:28 PM
:bouville:

IrritatedTrout
04-07-2010, 09:05 PM
It's still one of the most extensive in many years. Definitely beats the DoD and AMOLAD tours, beats Early Days too if you just consider the non-Ozzfest dates.

Maiden33
04-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Bigger production value? Hard to imagine, because of what the SIT tour was - but you never know.

Sanitarium78
04-08-2010, 12:52 PM
I think the question should be why do you think it won't be their most extensive NA tour years? They're touring before the album comes out and then they'll tour here to support the album once it's released. All the dates that they will do for NA haven't been made yet. So there's no reason to think they would be lying about it.

This block of dates I think is just the first leg of it.

Travis The Dragon
04-08-2010, 04:38 PM
I think the question should be why do you think it won't be their most extensive NA tour years? They're touring before the album comes out and then they'll tour here to support the album once it's released. All the dates that they will do for NA haven't been made yet. So there's no reason to think they would be lying about it.

This block of dates I think is just the first leg of it.

The announcement comes with news of a North American Tour with Very Special Guests Dream Theater to OPEN in Dallas, Texas, on 9th June and FINISH in Washington D.C. on 20th July, making it Maiden's most extensive North American tour in many years.That's how I figure.