PDA

View Full Version : Scar Symmetry -- Helsinki, Finland -- March 10th, 2010

Epidemic Reign
04-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Venue: Dante's Highlight
Source: setlist.fm

Wasn't at the show, but I couldn't find any recent Scar Symmetry set lists on metalsetlists.com so I found this one and wanted to share.

Intro
The Iconoclast
Morphogenesis
Noumenon and Phenomenon
Pitch Black Progress
Deviate from the Form
The Consciousness Eaters
Mind Machine
Ascension Chamber
Chaosweaver
The Path of Least Resistance

ENCORE:
Artificial Sun Projection
Retaliator
The Illusionist

The_jman
04-07-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm never good with remembering their song titles, but it sounds ok. not great but not bad.

still miss christian, much better vocals, both growled and sung if you ask me. Granted I could imagine that it would be hard for him to do them both well live though, and perhaps the 2 vocalist set up would be better for them.

Epidemic Reign
04-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Agreed, Christian was a phenomenal vocalist. However I've always been a big fan of Roberth Karlsson's work, so I'm content with the lineup change. The new vocalists do both sound a bit out of place on the new album, but I think they both did a good job with it.

JuuKun
04-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Actually, Christian was just fine live, saw them a few years ago. I'll admit I haven't listened much to what came after Pitch Black Progress - a few listens to Holographic Universe and I can't even remember if I've listened to the new one. If I can make it to Hypocrisy, with all the shows coming up, I'm definitely interested in seeing these guys again with the new vocalists to see how they match up live.

Six from Pitch Black Progress, nice! Obviously the Hypocrisy support set will be shorter than this, but hope they do play a healthy amount of PBP songs.

The_jman
04-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Actually, Christian was just fine live, saw them a few years ago. I'll admit I haven't listened much to what came after Pitch Black Progress - a few listens to Holographic Universe and I can't even remember if I've listened to the new one. If I can make it to Hypocrisy, with all the shows coming up, I'm definitely interested in seeing these guys again with the new vocalists to see how they match up live.

Six from Pitch Black Progress, nice! Obviously the Hypocrisy support set will be shorter than this, but hope they do play a healthy amount of PBP songs.
That's cool to hear he was good live, I was told by someone that's one of the reasons he was replaced, that he couldn't do both parts live affectively.

jhdeity
04-07-2010, 04:46 PM
My buddy loves these guys. I have to give them another shot

Altmer7989
04-08-2010, 05:06 AM
Not enough songs from Symmetric in Design.

Spiral_Slave
04-08-2010, 11:00 AM
This set list could be way better. How come Scar Symmetry have never played songs like Ghost Prototype I and II (especially the latter), Fear Catalyst, Quantumleaper, The Kaleidoscopic God, or 2012 - Demise Of The 5th Sun? Almost every setlist I've seen of them looks identical.

That being said, I'd really love to see them.

Epidemic Reign
04-08-2010, 11:47 AM
This set list could be way better. How come Scar Symmetry have never played songs like Ghost Prototype I and II (especially the latter), Fear Catalyst, Quantumleaper, The Kaleidoscopic God, or 2012 - Demise Of The 5th Sun? Almost every setlist I've seen of them looks identical.

That being said, I'd really love to see them.

Ghost Prototype II would be sick live... I'm seeing them for the first time in about a month.

Pacman
04-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Would kill to hear Chaosweaver live...

Are they planning on coming to the states any time soon?

JuuKun
04-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Would kill to hear Chaosweaver live...

Are they planning on coming to the states any time soon?

Next month they're doing direct support for Hypocrisy.

Pacman
04-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Very cool. Thanks. :)