PDA

View Full Version : Sonata Arctica -- Worcester, MA -- April 3rd, 2010

Akumu
04-04-2010, 08:47 PM
I don't have setlists for the first opening bands, but: Powerglove were pretty amazing and I got a shirt of theirs after their set, and although Mutiny Within seemed really out-of-place and were generally not my style at all, they won points for crowd interaction -- they kept commenting on the audience's response and saying that we were one of the best crowds they've ever played for.

Sonata Arctica:
Intro
Flag in the Ground
The Last Amazing Grays
Paid in Full
As If The World Wasn't Ending
Fullmoon
Juliet
Deathaura (live debut! :party:)
Broken
The Dead Skin
The Cage
--
In Black and White
Don't Say a Word
Everything Fades to Gray

Source: SA forums.

I have to say that although I'm in the minority who prefers their new direction, I was really surprised at the lack of old material in their set (nothing from Silence? :confused:). I thought for sure that they'd alternate TDS and Deathaura instead of playing them both in one night, but oh well. In general, they were really tight and sounded awesome - Juliet especially sounded like it had the kinks worked out from when I witnessed it in Hartford last October, and was definitely one of the highlights of the night. I walked away happy. :D

xStructualDefect
04-05-2010, 11:58 PM
do they really not like their old material? oh well i'm definently skipping this.

Spiral_Slave
04-06-2010, 06:14 AM
How did Deathaura sound live? I'm guessing the female vocals were backing tapes?

Akumu
04-06-2010, 01:36 PM
The ones at the beginning were, yeah; Tony performed his own version of the "ahhh"-ing near the end, though. I thought it was rather cool to hear it as a premiere, but like Juliet, it'll probably sound much better once they've played it for a while.

Davemeistro
04-06-2010, 02:54 PM
That setlist is awful... If they pull that shit when I see them I am going to be pissed...

Altmer7989
04-07-2010, 01:03 AM
Jesus Christ, even the European sets were better than this.