PDA

View Full Version : Release Date of "The Final Frontier"?

Butcher of Birth
04-04-2010, 10:32 AM
This German Website has said the date from Iron Maiden's new album as the 27th of August.

RockHard Release Dates (http://rockhard.de/index.php?sm=news&modulogMod=rockhard.news.shortViewVeroeffentlichun gen)

Maiden33
04-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Could be legit, seems like the time frame we're expecting. Every other date I know of on that site is correct, so who knows.

DethMaiden
04-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Not a Tuesday but if it were that week or the next I'd be down with it. I'll be back at school from summer at that point.

powerslave_85
04-04-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm skeptical. The 27th is a Friday, and release dates are typically Mondays in Europe and Tuesdays in the US.

Butcher of Birth
04-04-2010, 11:29 AM
I read that in Germany release dates are sometimes on Fridays.

I would expect the USA to get a release a week later.

TonyD
04-04-2010, 03:39 PM
I read that in Germany release dates are sometimes on Fridays.

I would expect the USA to get a release a week later.

Cause we're fat lazy bastards that only wanna hear the old stuff anyway.

ravenheart
04-04-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm skeptical. The 27th is a Friday, and release dates are typically Mondays in Europe and Tuesdays in the US.

Central European release dates, especially Germany, are Fridays.

England is Monday.

Maiden33
04-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Not a Tuesday but if it were that week or the next I'd be down with it. I'll be back at school from summer at that point.

1) Not a US magazine/website.

2) Release dates are basically whenever the fuck people want anymore in terms of metal. I've seen practically every day of the week - Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays actually being the most common regarding the world in general.

Odds are:
Europe: Friday August 27th
UK: Monday August 30th
USA: Tuesday August 31st

I remember something VERY similar to this when A Matter of life and Death came out.

ADD
04-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Cause we're fat lazy bastards that only wanna hear the old stuff anyway.
:lol:

DethMaiden
04-04-2010, 06:09 PM
1) Not a US magazine/website.

2) Release dates are basically whenever the fuck people want anymore in terms of metal. I've seen practically every day of the week - Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays actually being the most common regarding the world in general.

Odds are:
Europe: Friday August 27th
UK: Monday August 30th
USA: Tuesday August 31st

I remember something VERY similar to this when A Matter of life and Death came out.

#1 I was not arguing with, #2 is fact except when the band is as huge as Maiden. They're subject to the same release schedule as a pop star.

Maiden33
04-04-2010, 06:11 PM
#1 I was not arguing with, #2 is fact except when the band is as huge as Maiden. They're subject to the same release schedule as a pop star.

Agreed, I was just pointing out that just because the date wasn't a Tuesday didn't mean it was false, and saying that kinda makes you seem closed-minded (even though I know you're not) and thinking "Well, US is all that matters, right?". But yeah, I was trying to point out that since the magazine/site aren't US, the date wouldn't be the US one no matter what, and that being that it's Europe, a Friday is still a very legit day.

Sanitarium78
04-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Even if the date isn't exact yet, at least we've got an idea of around the time it should be out:party:

powerslave_85
04-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Ah, I was not aware that different parts of Europe had different release dates. It definitely fits the time frame of "late summer" that they said in the tour announcement. Very exciting :party:

Butcher of Birth
04-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Late Summer/Early Fall :lol:

I hope we at least get a single during the tour or before it... They used to put out the single a month in advance (i.e. Run to The Hills).

Maiden33
04-04-2010, 08:17 PM

I hope we at least get a single during the tour or before it... They used to put out the single a month in advance (i.e. Run to The Hills).

Unless Maiden throws us a big curveball, I expect a first single probably around late June, right around when the tour's starting. If they're really smart, the song will hit the world the day before the tour kicks off, and it will be the one song they play on the tour.

Butcher of Birth
04-05-2010, 03:52 AM
We can only hope. It seems they are very hush hush about it though, but that might be because we got an Album Title very early, and nothing since.

IrritatedTrout
04-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Seems like it could be legit.

Travis The Dragon
04-05-2010, 01:56 PM

Well, the June North American tour does have the name of the album so obviously we're going to get some new material on it.

Back on topic: I question this release date because bands have NEVER given out official release dates more than 2 months in advance. Also, does the fact that the N.A. leg of the tour is named after the album indicate that they're going to fully support the album with 5-6 songs from it? This is strange because Maiden has NEVER done a tour supporting a new album before the album was released. I think they're going to surprise us and release the album late May.

Maiden33
04-05-2010, 02:23 PM
1) Bruce said in the press release we're going to get one or maybe two new tunes on this tour.

2) If Maiden follows typical Maiden patterns, I'd expect a tracklisting and probably cover art in about 6 weeks.

Travis The Dragon
04-05-2010, 04:45 PM
2) If Maiden follows typical Maiden patterns, I'd expect a tracklisting and probably cover art in about 6 weeks.

I'm willing to bet that the posting being sold at Maiden's online store is going to be the cover art:
http://www.ironmaiden.com/shop/web/productimages/main286.jpg?060410004256

DethMaiden
04-05-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm willing to bet that the posting being sold at Maiden's online store is going to be the cover art:
http://www.ironmaiden.com/shop/web/productimages/main286.jpg?060410004256

Please no. :hecho: Go out on top with your art, that Eddie/skull/alien thing is fucking hideous.

Travis The Dragon
04-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Please no. :hecho: Go out on top with your art, that Eddie/skull/alien thing is fucking hideous.

Get Derek Riggs back! Oh well. What's really important is the actual music which I can't freakin' wait for! Like many of us, of course.

Maiden33
04-05-2010, 06:55 PM
I doubt that's the cover art.

1) Maiden have a shit-ton of artwork on t-shirts that's not album artwork at all. The fact that it's on a Fanclub t-shirt especially makes me think it won't be an album cover, and thusly on a whole bunch of other shirts.

2) They wouldn't leak the cover art that early in such an unofficial manner.

Travis The Dragon
04-05-2010, 09:01 PM
I doubt that's the cover art.

1) Maiden have a shit-ton of artwork on t-shirts that's not album artwork at all. The fact that it's on a Fanclub t-shirt especially makes me think it won't be an album cover, and thusly on a whole bunch of other shirts.

2) They wouldn't leak the cover art that early in such an unofficial manner.

1) That poster I posted a pic of is available for everyone to buy.
However,
2) That's a very good point.

Maiden33
04-05-2010, 09:13 PM
1) That poster I posted a pic of is available for everyone to buy.
However,
2) That's a very good point.

Sorry, it was originally posted as just a fanclub t-shirt, I guess they were just giving FC Members a jump on it.

Bloodcurse
04-06-2010, 09:40 AM
1. I hope the album is good

2. I hope that isn't the cover art.

3. Why the hell is everyone typing like this w/ numbers? haha

Butcher of Birth
04-06-2010, 06:23 PM
1. Idk it's fun to make "points" in your text

2. yeah I doubt this is the final artwork, because I assume they would just release the Cover and not just the Eddie, rather stupid.

3. I hope they DO use the space thing... Where else can they go?

4. I declare a thumb war.

rjturtle9
04-06-2010, 06:25 PM
4. I declare a thumb war.

:cool:

IrritatedTrout
04-06-2010, 06:42 PM
http://www.bravewords.com/news/136156

Shirley has finished mixing.

Maiden33
04-06-2010, 06:55 PM
http://www.bravewords.com/news/136156

Shirley has finished mixing.

Hopefully with little guidance from Steve.

mankvill
04-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Hopefully with little guidance from Steve.

You're a funny guy.

Maiden33
04-06-2010, 07:10 PM
You're a funny guy.

It was specifically mentioned in the Dance of Death album documentary that Kevin Shirley had basically finished the album, and then Steve came in and completely changed everything, and specifically wanted it to sound raw and underproduced. We all see what happened with that album's production - and A Matter of life and Death was really no better. Shirley takes too much crap. I've heard him produce other albums for other bands that sound very good, but when working with Maiden, he's under Steve's guidance, and clearly Steve's concept of ideal production is... odd.

Butcher of Birth
04-07-2010, 02:03 PM
:cool:

haha Feeling better? Or do you not like my joke?

rjturtle9
04-07-2010, 02:17 PM
haha Feeling better? Or do you not like my joke?

I loved it ;)