Broken
Dead Skin
Keyboard/Guitar solo
The Cage
In Black and White
Don't Say a Word
Vodka
Everything Fades To Gray

Come on, you bastards, play Replica over here!!

Atleast they're hitting all of their albums, not ignoring anything. That's gotta count for something. However, there is SO much new stuff in that setlist, jeez. Nice to see Broken in there, and Black Sheep is good. They really played it safe with the old material here, though. Not sure about going tonight, now.

xStructualDefect
04-03-2010, 08:23 AM
8th Commandment
Fullmoon
Black Sheep
Broken
The Cage
Don't Say a Word

ehh i don't want to pay $35 only to want to hear these songs.

Uncle_Meat1940
04-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Your tickets are $35.00???!?!?!? damn... the show in Mn is 13 bucks. lol

xStructualDefect
04-03-2010, 08:43 AM
well $25+$11ish because house of blues hollywood always charges that much for convenience charges.

Uncle_Meat1940
04-03-2010, 08:46 AM
*whistles* that sucks man. Unless there are seats I never buy my tickets off the internet. Usually I just pay a couple bucks more at the door and end up saving more.

ricky4502
04-03-2010, 09:37 AM
what? no wolf and raven, my land, replica, caleb, victoria's secret? damn that sucks... they played all those songs except for wolf and raven when i last saw them. i'm having 2nd thoughts too, hell it'll save me like $70 not having to buy 2 tickets since i was thinking about taking my niece along with me. at least she got to see hammerfall last week

i'll keep coming back here to see if their set lists changes from show to show but if it's anything like immortals set it won't

Akumu
04-03-2010, 09:49 AM
That's pretty close to the setlist we got in Hartford last October. I was really hoping for Deathaura, myself, but tonight should be fun anyway.

xStructualDefect
04-03-2010, 10:15 AM
*whistles* that sucks man. Unless there are seats I never buy my tickets off the internet. Usually I just pay a couple bucks more at the door and end up saving more.

same here but at house of blues you usually only save like $3 or so if you buy at the door.

Maiden33
04-03-2010, 11:18 AM
This sucks. Sonata Arctica should just throw in the towel already. I hope attendance blew goats.

slayerizer
04-03-2010, 11:24 AM
I was there and attendance unfortunately was pretty good considering that the setlist fucking sucked again...last time I'm seeing this band for sure live

xStructualDefect
04-03-2010, 11:41 AM
i just realized that the power metal bands that i used to listen to a lot have put out shitty albums. Sonata's Unia and TDAG were awful. Kamelot's Ghost Opera was meeh. i didn't give Stratovarius's Polaris a good listen but i remember it didn't interest me much, but the single Deep Unknown was very good. i should give that album another listen now that i think about it. DragonForce's Ultra Beatdown was fucking awful, sounded like recycled riffs from Inhuman Rampage.

i have high hopes for Blind Guardian...

rjturtle9
04-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Will be going to this, no matter what the set lacks.

Maiden33
04-03-2010, 12:43 PM
i just realized that the power metal bands that i used to listen to a lot have put out shitty albums. Sonata's Unia and TDAG were awful. Kamelot's Ghost Opera was meeh. i didn't give Stratovarius's Polaris a good listen but i remember it didn't interest me much, but the single Deep Unknown was very good. i should give that album another listen now that i think about it. DragonForce's Ultra Beatdown was fucking awful, sounded like recycled riffs from Inhuman Rampage.

i have high hopes for Blind Guardian...

Welcome to power metal as a genre. It's dying if not already dead. I could recommend quality albums I'm sure you've never heard - but generally speaking, especially as it concerns the biggest names - power metal is dead. The bands have either changed their style (some better, most worse) - or are just so incredibly stagnant.

xStructualDefect
04-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Welcome to power metal as a genre. It's dying if not already dead. I could recommend quality albums I'm sure you've never heard - but generally speaking, especially as it concerns the biggest names - power metal is dead. The bands have either changed their style (some better, most worse) - or are just so incredibly stagnant.

i was at my power metal peak in '06. for a few months power metal was all i listened to. anything with fast power metal riffs, fast keyboards, and nice clean vocals i liked. but after awhile it got dull and all started to sound the same to me. so it's very hard to get into new power metal bands nowadays. so i thought progressive metal would be more interesting, but the only progressive band i really got into was Symphony X and Dream Theater. and Symphony X is one of my top 5 favorite bands but oddly i can't get into any other progressive metal.

Maiden33
04-03-2010, 01:31 PM
i was at my power metal peak in '06. for a few months power metal was all i listened to. anything with fast power metal riffs, fast keyboards, and nice clean vocals i liked. but after awhile it got dull and all started to sound the same to me. so it's very hard to get into new power metal bands nowadays. so i thought progressive metal would be more interesting, but the only progressive band i really got into was Symphony X and Dream Theater. and Symphony X is one of my top 5 favorite bands but oddly i can't get into any other progressive metal.

What other "Prog Metal" have you tried to get into?

xStructualDefect
04-03-2010, 01:35 PM
What other "Prog Metal" have you tried to get into?

i tried a lot but the ones i remember were Pagan's Mind, Pain of Salvation, Circus Maximus, Evergrey, Redemption, Fates Warning, etc. Pagan's Mind interested me the most, i'll probably give them another chance soon.

Maiden33
04-03-2010, 01:37 PM
i tried a lot but the ones i remember were Pagan's Mind, Pain of Salvation, Circus Maximus, Evergrey, Redemption, Fates Warning, etc. Pagan's Mind interested me the most, i'll probably give them another chance soon.

Ah alright - well yeah, if none of those bands really did anything for you, getting into Prog Metal is probably gonna be a tough sell. Pain of Salvation is definitely a massively acquired taste - even as a prog metal enthusiast, I'm not too big of a fan.

xStructualDefect
04-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Ah alright - well yeah, if none of those bands really did anything for you, getting into Prog Metal is probably gonna be a tough sell. Pain of Salvation is definitely a massively acquired taste - even as a prog metal enthusiast, I'm not too big of a fan.

yeah i mean all the bands were good, but they didn't give me that urge to listen to more at all, except slightly Pagan's Mind. i'm sure if i give all those bands another shot sooner or later i may like them. it's worked like that with a lot of bands. i mean Symphony X grew to be one of my favorite as soon as i started listening to them.

ZeroSignal
04-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Have they ever played 'Wolf and Raven' in the States? From previous tours, that I have seen the setlist for or seen them, I've never see/hear 'Wolf and Raven' and that song is what go me into Sonata Arctica.

Fratt
04-04-2010, 08:02 AM
Pagan's mind is pretty interesting.

And no one got Powerglove's set ?

MPF
04-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Just curious, did you catch Mutiny Within or Powerglove's sets?

I'm just wondering what to expect when I go April 12th.

The Green and Black
04-04-2010, 09:14 AM
In response to the various posts in this thread, I was also at this show, and the crowd for the most part was odd. It was not a metal crowd, not even what I'd consider a typical power metal crowd. When Tony would try and speak, joke or converse to the crowd, there was mostly silence. It made it seem like they just weren't into it. Besides FullMoon, I didn't even hear anyone singing along at all, it was like no one knew the songs. Hardly any movement in the crowd to the point where security was basically absent. I mean I didn't expect a full blown mosh pit or anything, but some fist pumps or headbanging or something would have been nice. And where did all the girls come from? Half the crowd were young girls, and not metal girls, but Nickelodeon/Disney type girls. Just because you dress in black doesn't mean you are metal. Sorry to rant so much about the crowd, but I got into Power Metal when the albums were still good, and when the fans were real. What happened to Power Metal? I guess bands are so desperate to make it in America they have to dumb down their talent to appeal to the masses here.

Maiden33
04-04-2010, 09:20 AM
In response to the various posts in this thread, I was also at this show, and the crowd for the most part was odd. It was not a metal crowd, not even what I'd consider a typical power metal crowd. When Tony would try and speak, joke or converse to the crowd, there was mostly silence. It made it seem like they just weren't into it. Besides FullMoon, I didn't even hear anyone singing along at all, it was like no one knew the songs. Hardly any movement in the crowd to the point where security was basically absent. I mean I didn't expect a full blown mosh pit or anything, but some fist pumps or headbanging or something would have been nice. And where did all the girls come from? Half the crowd were young girls, and not metal girls, but Nickelodeon/Disney type girls. Just because you dress in black doesn't mean you are metal. Sorry to rant so much about the crowd, but I got into Power Metal when the albums were still good, and when the fans were real. What happened to Power Metal? I guess bands are so desperate to make it in America they have to dumb down their talent to appeal to the masses here.

This is one thing that has always bothered me, and it's not JUST Sonata Arctica. Nightwish and even Kamelot to an extent both attract these type of people, and it is just such a WTF and a massive buzzkill at the show. I can't stand it when I'm in an audience of people who don't even seem like they've ever heard the band's songs before.

Though, to be honest, Sonata aren't exactly begging for great crowd participation by playing this many newer songs. Not saying they all suck (though I think they do), but compared to their older material, it begs for an absolutely dormant audience.

Altmer7989
04-06-2010, 01:28 AM
Sonata fucking Fartica. Jesus christ their sets are going down the drain.