Gasoline Dream
Bring Me the Night
Elimination
----------------
Necroshine
Old School
Fuck You/Sonic Reducer

Mini Reviews:
Woe of Tyrants - I'd heard from other sources that they were terrible, and they turned out to be not too bad after all. They were a good enough opener.
Evile - I just saw them 3 or 4 weeks ago for the Kreator tour, and they didn't change a thing. They still put on a decent show.
Warbringer - Hey lookie! It's the same group of songs AGAIN. Still, they're always fun.
God Dethroned - The disappointment of the night :(. I love GD, but they couldn't have cared any less about their performance. They acted like they just wanted it over with. I won't be going out of my way to see them again :(.
Vader - Longer set than I thought they were going to play :) and an absolute blast to see live.
Overkill - Above and beyond impressive. Brutal, fast and amazing. Experts at connecting with their audience. They were really in a class of their own as compared to the rest of the tour.

Random thought of the night:
I hope no one here has epilepsy *FLASH* *FLASH* *FLASH*

Uncle_Meat1940
04-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Would the last Warbringer song be 'Combat Shock'? just a shot in the dark... haha

Chyck
04-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Would the last Warbringer song be 'Combat Shock'? just a shot in the dark... haha

~cracks up~ That it was... unfortunately, what I wrote translates as "PragmfrC" - I should've just written "same as always."

Uncle_Meat1940
04-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Setlist for Warbringer:

Warbringer, nuff said..

mankvill
04-03-2010, 12:24 AM
Random thought of the night:
I hope no one here has epilepsy *FLASH* *FLASH* *FLASH*

Quit flashing! :nonono:

makethemsuffer12
04-03-2010, 05:49 AM
What the fuck is with Warbringer not playing At the Crack of Doom?

mastodon421
04-03-2010, 05:59 AM
Nice Overkill and Vader sets. Warbringer is a very good band but they have played the same setlist forever......

makethemsuffer12
04-03-2010, 06:01 AM
Nice Overkill and Vader sets. Warbringer is a very good band but they have played the same setlist forever......

Yea, but they have an awesome live show so it makes up for it somewhat.

mastodon421
04-03-2010, 06:02 AM
Yea, but they have an awesome live show so it makes up for it somewhat.

True i saw them on the Kreator/Exodus tour last year and they were pretty damn good.

makethemsuffer12
04-03-2010, 06:31 AM
True i saw them on the Kreator/Exodus tour last year and they were pretty damn good.

I saw them on that tour as well. I also so them on the Vader tour. They absolutely destroyed.

Blackened12
04-03-2010, 07:25 AM
This might have renewed my interest in seeing this tour:D Powersurge would have been a nice addition to the set though.

JuuKun
04-03-2010, 07:30 AM
Was last night your first time seeing God Dethroned? I've seen them twice so far and they were awesome.

Uncle_Meat1940
04-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Overkill is the only group I'm excited for now considering this will be my 3rd time seeing Vader, and my 2nd time seeing God Dethroned, Warbringer, and Evile. I've seen Woe of Tyrants before as well, their music is ok, but their singer really kills it for me.

Chyck
04-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Quit flashing! :nonono:

I thought we discussed this before and you were all about the flashing? ;)

Was last night your first time seeing God Dethroned? I've seen them twice so far and they were awesome.

It was. I went with a friend who has seen them a few times, (one being a performance for a grand total of a dozen people) and he said their performance wasn't nearly what he was used to for GD. Everyone is entitled to a bad night, but when you really really look forward to something and it falls so far below what you expect, it leaves a nasty taste in your mouth. Their sound was good, but cardboard cutouts of the band members would have been more entertaining and looked happier to be there.

Now that I'm more awake, I want to really compliment Overkill for their ability to connect with and care about the audience. Seriously - I was impressed!!! (extra exclamation points for emphasis). They screamed at us, they made us scream at them, they ran around like maniacs, etc etc.

When someone went down in the pit hard and didn't get back up, Dave Linsk noticed immediately and, though mid song, kept an eye on the dude the whole time. The mosher turned out to be fine and the show went on as planned, but the sheer fact that any band member was paying that much attention to his fans amidst that level of chaos really impressed me. I'm a sucker like that :bliss:

DethMaiden
04-03-2010, 02:01 PM
You know, I'd love to say I'm bummed to be missing this show, and to some degree I am, but if Overkill are only gonna play ONE song from Horrorscope, and make that song be Bare Bones of all things, I don't think they need my money just now.

Fires Of Sedition
04-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Ending a set with Carnal? Total boner kill.

idrinkwine732
04-03-2010, 03:20 PM
You know, I'd love to say I'm bummed to be missing this show, and to some degree I am, but if Overkill are only gonna play ONE song from Horrorscope, and make that song be Bare Bones of all things, I don't think they need my money just now.

I'll see them headline another time with fewer bands on the bill...

I like a set to feel complete.

es156
04-03-2010, 05:58 PM
I'll see them headline another time with fewer bands on the bill...

I like a set to feel complete.

When I saw Overkill headline in '07 they only played 16 songs and there were only 2 opening bands. I think 90 minutes is about standard for them.

idrinkwine732
04-03-2010, 06:35 PM
When I saw Overkill headline in '07 they only played 16 songs and there were only 2 opening bands. I think 90 minutes is about standard for them.

It's the other bands I'm worried about. It's not necessarily a complete package to me unless everyone gets to play an adequate amount of time. Every time I see Overkill, it pretty much will be awesome. 20 mins set from the openers then 30 from the others? I'll pass. I heard they could be doing a fall US tour, which I'd love to see.