PDA

View Full Version : Musical truths you've recently gleaned

Pages : 1 [2] 3

xStructualDefect
04-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Everything here is true. Everything Butcher said before it isn't. Except the fan boys sucking part. They do suck. Especially Maiden fanboys ;)

agreed on the fan boys, especially Maiden fan boys.

bt11763
04-09-2010, 05:41 AM
Musical Truth:
Grindcore is too deep for people who don't know how to spell "fascinating".

:lol: :party: :lol:

IrritatedTrout
04-09-2010, 07:03 AM
I don't even know what people mean by fanboy. What the hell is that? Someone that enjoys all their work? Someone that insists they are incapable of having any criticism at all leveled against them? Someone that doesn't listen to any other band?

If it's the first one then almost all of us would be "fanboys" of our favorite band. Pretty stupid term if defined in those parameters.

powerslave_85
04-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Someone that insists they are incapable of having any criticism at all leveled against them?This part.

Maiden33
04-09-2010, 08:40 AM
This part.

Yes, but I think it needs clarification.

Most fanboys I'm aware of (aka Maiden ones) are an odd lot. They are only incredibly resistant of criticism when it comes from someone else, especially someone who is openly not an undying supporter of the band. They themselves, however, are huge critics of the band, especially regarding very specific, nit-picky things about their work and career decisions.

Basically: Fanboy criticism = Good. Non-fanboy criticism = Horrible.

Fe Maiden
04-09-2010, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=ADD;261054
-Bonham made Zeppelin Zeppelin, Page and Plant suck
[/QUOTE]Ouch! Gotta disagree with that opinion.

My truths or opinions are:

that growling vocals suck!

that RUSH should be in the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame

Boston's debut album is an all time classic album

Lastly, most great music was made in the '70's & '80's

Disagree if you will but these are my opnions:hmm:

mankvill
04-09-2010, 10:27 AM
What happened to the Sleep kick, pussy?

I can have my cake and eat it too

Just as long as I don't smoke it :eyes:

The Green and Black
04-09-2010, 10:40 AM
Regarding the guitarists thing:

None of these guys even begins to hold a candle to guys like Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci, Criss Oliva, Steve Vai, Joe Stump, or Vinnie Moore.

Criss Oliva :party: My personal favorite guitarist of all time! And yet so underrated in both life and death, it's a shame.

TonyD
04-09-2010, 10:42 AM
I can have my cake and eat it too

Just as long as I don't smoke it :eyes:

EAT YOUR MOTHERFUCKING CAKE
I WANNA SEE YOU EAT THE BIGGEST MOTHERFUCKING CAKE EVER

mankvill
04-09-2010, 10:45 AM
EAT YOUR MOTHERFUCKING CAKE
I WANNA SEE YOU EAT THE BIGGEST MOTHERFUCKING CAKE EVER

http://open.salon.com/files/rob_st_amants_huge_cake1237707918.jpg

GOD DAAAAMMMMMNNNNN

makethemsuffer12
04-09-2010, 11:07 AM
http://open.salon.com/files/rob_st_amants_huge_cake1237707918.jpg

GOD DAAAAMMMMMNNNNN

lol Is that a fucking Paul Bunyan cake?

Butcher of Birth
04-09-2010, 11:19 AM
and Picard can only stare on in shock at the faggotry.

If you think Hendrix isn't a god, I'm going to whip out a long lost classic called "I will shit down your throat."

Honestly, people try and tell me how amazing and outstanding his "National Anthem" at Woodstock is... That no one has as much style as he has. Screw that. There is nothing I have never heard from Hendrix that struck me in a way another "Wow, sounds like crap."

I just can't fathom people calling Hendrix "overrated."

Well, get to fathoming.

Maiden33
04-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Criss Oliva :party: My personal favorite guitarist of all time! And yet so underrated in both life and death, it's a shame.

He is the one guitarist who suffered absolutely no death-related popularity increase, and he's probably the one who needed and deserved it most. :(

ADD
04-09-2010, 11:29 AM
There is nothing I have never heard from Hendrix that struck me in a way another "Wow, sounds like crap."

Nice.

If anyone hasn't "gotten" Hendrix yet I implore you to seek out his jam "House Burning Down" from Electric Ladyland or the whole Band of Gypsys record. It might so revolutionize your life that you just might learn how to write coherent sentences on the internet! :eek:

JRA
04-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Man, I really, really wanted to like Band of Gypsys. But it just doesn't do anything for me

ADD
04-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Man, I really, really wanted to like Band of Gypsys. But it just doesn't do anything for me
That's chill, I think it's his best one no joke.

ravenheart
04-09-2010, 11:38 AM
There is nothing I have never heard from Hendrix that struck me in a way another "Wow, sounds like crap."

People say opinions can't be wrong. They're wrong.

ADD
04-09-2010, 11:39 AM
People say opinions can't be wrong. They're wrong.
Truth

xStructualDefect
-a lot of metalheads on the internet are complete losers. this guy tried arguing with me what's metal and what's not metal because i defended whitechapel. he says anything that isn't true death metal isn't true metal. turns out he's a 28 year old on that likes to talk shit on youtube who that makes your mom jokes. didn't think metalheads can be that pathetic.

ravenheart
That's chill, I think it's his best one no joke.

I don't really have a "best" Hendrix record. I think they all have their fair share of unbelievable genius and mediocrity (by the standards of the time, which let's face it were being redefined by Hendrix).

I do enjoy his live record most. And watching the Woodstock DVD for the first time was stunning. Truly stunning.

ravenheart
04-09-2010, 11:41 AM
turns out he's a 28 year old on that likes to talk shit on youtube who that makes your mom jokes

He's one of them?

I've suddenly stopped caring.

ADD
04-09-2010, 11:46 AM
I don't really have a "best" Hendrix record. I think they all have their fair share of unbelievable genius and mediocrity (by the standards of the time, which let's face it were being redefined by Hendrix).

I do enjoy his live record most. And watching the Woodstock DVD for the first time was stunning. Truly stunning.

Word, I haven't seen much live Hendrix stuff, should get that DVD.

powerslave_85
04-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Whitechapel piss me off because they used up a really good band name.

ravenheart
04-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Whitechapel piss me off because they used up a really good band name.

There are plenty of other Ripper references to be had. All is not lost.

makethemsuffer12
04-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Paul Baloff is a terrible vocalist. How he is so idolized is beyond me.

mankvill
04-09-2010, 01:34 PM
BIRDFLESH IS FUCKING AMAZING

mastodon421
04-09-2010, 01:50 PM
I love most of the people on MetalSetlists.com.

IrritatedTrout
04-09-2010, 02:10 PM

:agree:

bt11763
04-09-2010, 02:32 PM
BIRDFLESH IS FUCKING AMAZING

have you ever heard of Hatebeak?

JRA
04-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Paul Baloff is a terrible vocalist. How he is so idolized is beyond me.

Because he killed nancy-ass posers like you.:flame::flame::flame::flame:

mankvill
04-09-2010, 03:04 PM
have you ever heard of Hatebeak?

Yeah :lol:

makethemsuffer12
04-09-2010, 03:20 PM

I understand the whole persona, and I respect that, but as a musician? He was god awful. Listen to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmOBt62NzEc

He can't even keep on time. Which why they ditched his sorry ass for Zetro. I mean no disrespect to him or his fans, but let's be real; He isn't a good vocalist.

bt11763
04-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Yeah :lol:

:rocker::rocker:

ADD
04-09-2010, 04:22 PM
:fist:

Sanitarium78
04-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Ouch! Gotta disagree with that opinion.

My truths or opinions are:

that growling vocals suck!

that RUSH should be in the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame

Boston's debut album is an all time classic album

You sir, are a fine gentleman indeed:bowdown: I agree with all of this. The only growler I like, for whatever reason is Randy from Lamb Of God, after that I can't get into any of them.

Rush not being in the R&R Hall Of Fame is a true travesty. I have no fuckin clue how some of the garbage that's in their gets voted in and the greatest band of all time and the most consistanly good, in both studio music and live performances, still isn't in there yet:mad:

Iron Maiden's first two records are nowhere near as good as some of their diehards think they are. I love Maiden but these first two albums have some good songs but it's nothing compared to what they would do.

Paul Di'Anno is a terrible singer and hurts what could be much better songs on IM and Killers. How Maiden hasn't re-recorded the first two albums with Bruce yet is beyond me.

Yes, Maiden has had a few bad albums. NPFTD is OK for a regular hard rock album but nothing special and with the exception of a few songs FOTD is huge steaming pile of shit.

Finally, there's nothing wrong with admitting a band you love has some bad songs or bad albums. It happens to every great band from time to time. It doesn't make you any less of a fan at all. It just shows that you're not gonna follow a band blindly and believe that everything they do is great. Rush is my favorite but they've deffinately recorded some bad songs through the years and except for a few songs the album Roll The Bones sucks. You're still a fan if you criticize a band you love. It's just annoying when people act like their favorite band is capable of no wrong doing musically.

mankvill
04-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Devourment is the best brutal death metal band.

And the vocals are some of the best ever.

IrritatedTrout
04-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Paul Di'Anno is a terrible singer and hurts what could be much better songs on IM and Killers. How Maiden hasn't re-recorded the first two albums with Bruce yet is beyond me.

Check out Charlotte the Harlot '88 and Prowler '88 from The Evil That Men Do single if you haven't already. Doesn't add much to the songs IMO. I probably prefer the Paul versions even though I agree that Bruce is much better than Paul.

Bruce's version of Wrathchild from Ed Hunter is awesome though, rivals the original I think.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Check out Charlotte the Harlot '88 and Prowler '88 from The Evil That Men Do single if you haven't already. Doesn't add much to the songs IMO. I probably prefer the Paul versions even though I agree that Bruce is much better than Paul.

Bruce's version of Wrathchild from Ed Hunter is awesome though, rivals the original I think.

I have an MP3 of a studio version of Bruce singing Killers. Supposedly it was his audition tape.

Butcher of Birth
04-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Nice.

If anyone hasn't "gotten" Hendrix yet I implore you to seek out his jam "House Burning Down" from Electric Ladyland or the whole Band of Gypsys record. It might so revolutionize your life that you just might learn how to write coherent sentences on the internet! :eek:

As far as the coherent part, it was just a simple typo. And as for your suggestion, still does nothing for me at all. Though I don't like them very much either, I would put Led Zepplin ahead of Jimi Hendrix everyday of the week. And for the time period, The Yardbirds and Cream wrote things they made me see them as something more "legendary" than Hendrix.

I mean honestly, Sunshine of Your Love by Cream (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqh54rSzheg) was released on an album they dropped in 1967 and is loads better.

xStructualDefect
04-10-2010, 09:07 AM
i noticed last night that when i drink and am around good looking girls, i really like any type of fist pumping dancing music, because i like to fist pump and dance with girls lol. call me lame or "not metal" but girls are attracted to that.

IrritatedTrout
04-10-2010, 09:19 AM
....this is something you just now noticed?

xStructualDefect
04-10-2010, 09:21 AM
....this is something you just now noticed?

last night yes. if you were asking me. of course i always knew that. but i didn't realize how much i liked doing it myself.

The Green and Black
04-10-2010, 11:18 AM
He is the one guitarist who suffered absolutely no death-related popularity increase, and he's probably the one who needed and deserved it most. :(

Agreed! I remember a few years back one of the major guitar magazines (can't remember which one, maybe Guitar Word?) Did a list of the top 100 dead guitar heroes, and Criss was not on the list. It's bad enough he doesn't make it on the lists of mixed living and dead players, but they won't even publish him on a death list. Sad.

ADD
04-10-2010, 11:20 AM
i noticed last night that when i drink and am around good looking girls, i really like any type of fist pumping dancing music, because i like to fist pump and dance with girls lol. call me lame or "not metal" but girls are attracted to that.

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/gtfo-56265.jpg

On a related note I partied inside Dodger Stadium last night, went to a sorority formal and the venue was in the stadium on the club level, twas a trip. And you probably would've had a ball fist pumping to shitty dance music with rich sluts.

xStructualDefect
04-10-2010, 01:15 PM
http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/gtfo-56265.jpg

On a related note I partied inside Dodger Stadium last night, went to a sorority formal and the venue was in the stadium on the club level, twas a trip. And you probably would've had a ball fist pumping to shitty dance music with rich sluts.

probably. i don't know how you would consider dance music shitty, it's fun and gets all the girls dancing. i guess having fun doing this makes me not a "tr00" metalhead huh?

makethemsuffer12
04-10-2010, 01:22 PM
probably. i don't know how you would consider dance music shitty, it's fun and gets all the girls dancing. i guess having fun doing this makes me not a "tr00" metalhead huh?

Nah. Just a tool.

xStructualDefect
04-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Nah. Just a tool.

how so then?

makethemsuffer12
04-10-2010, 01:37 PM
how so then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntXqvrMpdGc

xStructualDefect
04-10-2010, 01:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntXqvrMpdGc

jersey shore was a good show. i saw it more as a comedy. i like fist pumping as a joke and it's fun. girls see that you're having fun doing it and they'll join along. i don't take it seriously, it's just fun. we even do the whole "beat up the beat on the floor" thing as a joke.

mankvill
04-10-2010, 01:49 PM

sup jhdeity jr.

xStructualDefect
04-10-2010, 01:54 PM
sup jhdeity jr.

funny how i posted that on purpose just to see peoples' responses. dancing with girls is fun. maybe most people on this board have never danced with a girl before, i don't know, but it's fun.

mankvill
04-10-2010, 01:59 PM
funny how i posted that on purpose just to see peoples' responses. dancing with girls is fun. maybe most people on this board have never danced with a girl before, i don't know, but it's fun.

so like did you not learn this in 7th grade or what?

xStructualDefect
04-10-2010, 02:00 PM

what's that supposed to mean?

mankvill
04-10-2010, 02:06 PM
what's that supposed to mean?

It's just that you're saying that dancing with girls is fun like it's some sort of revelation. Did you not go to school dances in junior high?

Also: please don't play the "lol it's fun i guess i'm not a tr00 metuhl hed xD" card because it only hurts your position.

xStructualDefect
04-10-2010, 02:17 PM
It's just that you're saying that dancing with girls is fun like it's some sort of revelation. Did you not go to school dances in junior high?

Also: please don't play the "lol it's fun i guess i'm not a tr00 metuhl hed xD" card because it only hurts your position.

i'm not saying i barely discovered that because i discovered that years ago. i'm saying that i discovered i really like "fist pumping" music when i'm drinking and am around girls. music you would hear at a rave, or stuff similar to Benny Benassi for example. and junior high dancing is A LOT different than party / club dancing.

mankvill
04-10-2010, 02:31 PM
i'm not saying i barely discovered that because i discovered that years ago. i'm saying that i discovered i really like "fist pumping" music when i'm drinking and am around girls. music you would hear at a rave, or stuff similar to Benny Benassi for example. and junior high dancing is A LOT different than party / club dancing.

I guess. Sluts are sluts.

JRA
04-10-2010, 02:54 PM
jersey shore was a good show.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/2/21/Moustachioed-picard-facepalm.jpg

ravenheart
04-10-2010, 03:44 PM

I have a feeling he's still in 7th grade and still thinks mentioning he's been places where there were girls is cool.

xStructualDefect
04-10-2010, 04:50 PM
I have a feeling he's still in 7th grade and still thinks mentioning he's been places where there were girls is cool.

i'm 18 almost 19. and no just that i've been going to good parties and kickbacks recently where a lot of girls and dancing are involved. i used to not like dancing AT ALL but it's fun when you really get into it. and i just realized when i'm in the situations like that i really like that type of music.

and i really did think jersey shore was a good. sure they're tools but i'm sure they have much more fun than anyone on this board. plus it's funny to watch how retarted they are sometimes.

mankvill
04-10-2010, 04:54 PM
sure they're tools but i'm sure they have much more fun than anyone on this board.

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/6769/idunno.gif

ADD
04-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Musical truths only in my thread :mad: Or at least some non-musical truths, like the fact that xstructualdefect has an extreme structural defect in his brain.

xStructualDefect
04-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Musical truths only in my thread :mad: Or at least some non-musical truths, like the fact that xstructualdefect has an extreme structural defect in his brain.

lol i love how i posted something that i knew a lot of metalheads would hate and give me shit for and i was right. whenever i post something i know most metalheads would disagree with they get frustrated and/or they think i'm fucking retarted. hilarious.

DethMaiden
04-10-2010, 05:24 PM
and i really did think jersey shore was a good. sure they're tools but i'm sure they have much more fun than anyone on this board. plus it's funny to watch how retarted they are sometimes.

Fun is subjective. I have a lot of fun reading comic books and listening to metal, am I having less fun than if I was getting loaded, spiking my hair, and fist-pumping? No, because that would not be fun for me at all.

lol i love how i posted something that i knew a lot of metalheads would hate and give me shit for and i was right. whenever i post something i know most metalheads would disagree with they get frustrated and/or they think i'm fucking retarted. hilarious.

I'm a little curious as to why you're on a metal forum full of metal nerds if this is your attitude. You're right, we're a bunch of fucking losers if it helps you sleep at night, but you're also taking time out of your day to log onto the Internet and (ostensibly) talk about metal with strangers, so nice try, but I'm not buying it.

Also, it's "retarded" not "retarted." If one were to retart something it would be practically inedible.

ADD
04-10-2010, 05:25 PM
I ain't no metalhead

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2010/4/9/51%20Unless%20Youre%20Glenn%20Danzig_thumb.jpg

ADD
04-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Also, it's "retarded" not "retarted." If one were to retart something it would be practically inedible.

He couldn't even spell his own username correctly, asking him to correctly spell his most accurate qualifier would be asking too much.

DethMaiden
04-10-2010, 05:28 PM
He couldn't even spell his own username correctly, asking him to correctly spell his most accurate qualifier would be asking too much.

:lol: :fist: Didn't even notice that, nice catch.

Sanitarium78
04-10-2010, 05:37 PM

You're no less of a metalhead if you dance with a girl. Anyone who thinks that here is probably just too immature to get it at all. I'm a bit older than most of the people who frequent here and I can tell you that women love when you dance with them. They get a sexual arrousal out of it. Also, it shows that you're willing to have fun and let loose which is what the vast majority of women like to see a guy do. It also shows you're not afraid to get close to a woman. Because if you're up next to a girl and you're both bumping and grinding away it let's her know that you have no problem getting intimate at all.

If you ever wanna get with a girl dancing with her is one of the best ways. No stupid pick up lines or buying her a bunch of drinks, though that doesn't hurt at all, but dancing with her is the best bet. Even if you're an out of shape rythmless white boy like me it's ok. The girl will more often that not at least appreciate the effort you put in and will think it's sweet that you at least tried and didn't care if you looked stupid or not.

So as unmetal as it is, it's OK, I for one don't think any less of you for doing it. The reward speaks for itself if it all goes right.

makethemsuffer12
04-10-2010, 05:38 PM

Didn't notice that either. Shit, even Indestructible spelled his user name right.

ADD
04-10-2010, 05:39 PM
This thread needs to be taken to the gallows pole :headoff:

DethMaiden
04-10-2010, 05:39 PM

The sands of time for it are running loooooooooooooooooooooooow. :(

ADD
04-10-2010, 05:40 PM
The sands of time for it are running loooooooooooooooooooooooow. :(
:light:

makethemsuffer12
04-10-2010, 05:40 PM

Only at 5 o'clock :P

xStructualDefect
04-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Fun is subjective. I have a lot of fun reading comic books and listening to metal, am I having less fun than if I was getting loaded, spiking my hair, and fist-pumping? No, because that would not be fun for me at all.

I'm a little curious as to why you're on a metal forum full of metal nerds if this is your attitude. You're right, we're a bunch of fucking losers if it helps you sleep at night, but you're also taking time out of your day to log onto the Internet and (ostensibly) talk about metal with strangers, so nice try, but I'm not buying it.

you make a very good point about fun. all of us have different opinions on it. my mistake it was an ignorant statement.

and i'm not calling anyone a loser, i'm just stating i think it's funny how i get flamed every time i post something that most metalheads would disagree with. like an example is how i'm a big Suicide Silence fan or other metal bands people may hate. it'd be nice for people to accept it, but instead i get flamed and get called retarded for having a different opinion on something most metalheads disagree with. it's called an opinion, our opinion isn't a fact.

and i go on this board because i love discussing metal and i don't hang out with anyone who loves metal as much as me and likes to discuss it. plus people are mature here unlike other boards.

DethMaiden
04-10-2010, 05:43 PM
you make a very good point about fun. all of us have different opinions on it. my mistake it was an ignorant statement.

and i'm not calling anyone a loser, i'm just stating i think it's funny how i get flamed every time i post something that most metalheads would disagree with. like an example is how i'm a big Suicide Silence fan or other metal bands people may hate. it'd be nice for people to accept it, but instead i get flamed and get called retarded for having a different opinion on something most metalheads disagree with. it's called an opinion, our opinion isn't a fact.

and i go on this board because i love discussing metal and i don't hang out with anyone who loves metal as much as me and likes to discuss it. plus people are mature here unlike other boards.

Aight we cool. :cool:

ravenheart
04-10-2010, 05:44 PM

I'm actually giving you shit for being juvenile. Couldn't care less about how "metal" you are or appear to be. I think a few others were of the same view.

ADD
04-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Metal

ravenheart
04-10-2010, 05:48 PM
i'm 18 almost 19

Then I'd have thought old enough to realise that taking the time to tell everyone about parties and girls on the internet is more than a little sad.

Especially when you turn it into "I knew it would upset the metalheads hahahahaha" baiting.

sure they're tools but i'm sure they have much more fun than anyone on this board

Sure, sure.:tp:

ravenheart
04-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Metal

What's that?

mankvill
04-10-2010, 05:53 PM
What's that?

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u128/puppychickens/huge-metal-fan.gif

DethMaiden
04-10-2010, 05:55 PM

:party: :rocker:

makethemsuffer12
04-10-2010, 05:59 PM

New favorite picture.

JRA
04-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Musical truth:
You all should tune in Saturday nights from 8-10PM to hear my radio show!

:money::money: :money::dorky:

Div
04-10-2010, 08:07 PM
i'm 18 almost 19. and no just that i've been going to good parties and kickbacks recently where a lot of girls and dancing are involved. i used to not like dancing AT ALL but it's fun when you really get into it. and i just realized when i'm in the situations like that i really like that type of music.

a guy i work with is actually like best friends with mike "the situation" and says that the guys job is just to go show up at parties and ride around in limos with a bunch of girls. when your primary occupation is getting paid to party, i think its safe to say that they have more fun.

plus, i like the stuff youre talking about too, its got its time and place. when i first was getting into metal i was trying to be all "brootal" and shit, but then i realized all that your image doesnt mean shit if you know your music. i could post a picture of myself from a few nights ago and probably be called a "tool" or w/e, but i still know my metal.

also, im from jersey so this type of social behavior is probably more acceptable than places like... kansas, where youd have to drive 10 hours just to see an decent concert.

EDIT:
i should also point out my avatar/user title is a fucking unit from starcraft, so add that to the pile and you see stereotypes are just a bunch of bullshit.

mankvill
04-10-2010, 08:23 PM
also, im from jersey

kansas joke doesn't work anymore, bro.

Div
04-10-2010, 08:29 PM
kansas joke doesn't work anymore, bro.

oh yes it does. the only jokes that trump kansas are mississippi ones.

mankvill
04-10-2010, 08:33 PM
oh yes it does. the only jokes that trump kansas are mississippi ones.

:cool:

then excuse me while I see Cannibal Corpse, 1349, Skeletonwitch, Mastodon, BTBAM, Baroness, Converge, Coalesce, Lewd Acts, Black Breath, Cattle Decapitation, Revocation, MDC, mc chris, KEN mode, Gaza, Lightning Bolt, and Raekwon all within walking distance of my apartment this summa.

:cool::cool::cool:

Div
04-10-2010, 08:35 PM

then excuse me while I see Cannibal Corpse, 1349, Skeletonwitch, Mastodon, BTBAM, Baroness, Converge, Coalesce, Lewd Acts, Black Breath, Cattle Decapitation, Revocation, MDC, mc chris, KEN mode, Gaza, Lightning Bolt, and Raekwon all within walking distance of my apartment this summa.

i can walk three blocks to a train station that will have me in NYC in 20 mins, to see any show that passes through there.

also, there are 5 bubble tea shops within walking distance of my house.

JRA
04-10-2010, 08:49 PM

When the hell are you seeing Raekwon?

i could post a picture of myself from a few nights ago and probably be called a "tool" or w/e, but i still know my metal.

Also, my interest is piqued. :D

mankvill
04-10-2010, 08:50 PM
also, there are 5 bubble tea shops within walking distance of my house.

That actually hurts you a hell of a lot more than helps you.

:barf:

Div
04-10-2010, 09:44 PM
When the hell are you seeing Raekwon?

Also, my interest is piqued. :D

haha, ok

im on the left. then theres one of my roommates and his friend from LA

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs425.ash1/23537_1362885155402_1329780522_31238736_4188792_n. jpg

i know, but its so good, and theres always cute asian girls behind the counter :(

ravenheart
04-11-2010, 05:42 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs425.ash1/23537_1362885155402_1329780522_31238736_4188792_n. jpg

Why are you wearing sunglasses in a dimly-lit room?

JRA
04-11-2010, 06:27 AM

That's harmless, I thought you had a picture of you "fighting back the beat." :barf:

ADD
04-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Why are you wearing sunglasses in a dimly-lit room?

Maybe he didn't want everybody lookin at his eyes and askin redundant questions, relateable.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/104/l_2d2ae75584af4219932d6f603a79ef9f.jpg

http://bradbitler.com/clients/thizz/DRE.jpg

Dextrimental
04-11-2010, 11:50 AM
I spend most of my weekends out dancing with girls, listening to dance/indie songs, and drinking with people who don't generally enjoy metal. In fact I am the only one of my friends who listens to the amount of heavy music that I do, and thankfully I have an incredibly open taste and like alot of indie/pop songs so the music doesn't feel too bad. I also have long hair, a beard, and its a novelty if I amen't wearing a band t-shirt when hanging out with me friends, and I'm still that guy whose front center at a Slayer show flipping off the support waiting for Slayer to come out. I find both activities a great way to spend a night out, even though they are worlds apart. And to be honest, I quite like having a quiet drink every now and then too.

mankvill
04-11-2010, 11:58 AM
You niggaz is weird, I've made girls listen to metal before (and I mean shit like Autopsy and Devourment) and they've loved it.

Maiden33
04-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Girls? What are these? :eyes:

mankvill
04-11-2010, 12:08 PM

They're like you and me except their penises are flayed and turned inside out and bleed once a month to please Satan.

illninoese
04-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Slaughter Of The Soul is really, really awesome and probably At The Gates' best record.

IMO, of course.

edit: made the realization of The Number Of The Beast a couple months ago too!

100% Agree

Dextrimental
04-11-2010, 12:45 PM

The cause of, and solution to, all of lifes problems.

SomewhereInTime72
04-11-2010, 01:19 PM

Oh no you didn't.

JRA
04-11-2010, 01:20 PM
The cause of, and solution to, all of lifes problems.

No, that's alcohol.

ADD
04-11-2010, 01:50 PM
No, that's alcohol.

:lol: :money:

JRA
04-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Here's a rather hard truth for us.

Most of us "true metalheads" like to envision ourselves as denim and leather back patch metal-heads. That a scene. Just as much of a scene as hipsters, punks, juggalos, and crunkcores.

mankvill
04-11-2010, 02:03 PM
juggalos

FUCKIN' MAGNETS
HOW DO THEY WORK?

Also: you're saying "scene" as it's a bad thing.

Maiden33
04-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Belonging to a scene because it's what you truly believe and where you generally belong is NOT a bad thing in my opinion. However those who conform just for the sake of fitting into a predetermined mold are assholes. That happens just as much with metal as with every other subculture and community.

JRA
04-11-2010, 02:08 PM
FUCKIN' MAGNETS
HOW DO THEY WORK?

Also: you're saying "scene" as it's a bad thing.

But scenes are more interested in keeping themselves alive like a gang or mafia contingent rather than being critical of their art or moving forward.

mankvill
04-11-2010, 02:12 PM
But scenes are more interested in keeping themselves alive like a gang or mafia contingent rather than being critical of their art or moving forward.

That's not necessarily what I think. I think being active in a scene is supporting the scene, not just dressing and hanging out with certain people. People who do that are scene kids.

ravenheart
04-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Scenes don't really exist.

ravenheart
04-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Most of us "true metalheads" like to envision ourselves as denim and leather back patch metal-heads.

Speak for yourself.

ravenheart
04-11-2010, 02:18 PM
No, that's alcohol.

No, it's blowjobs.

ChildrenofSodom
04-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Belonging to a scene because it's what you truly believe and where you generally belong is NOT a bad thing in my opinion. However those who conform just for the sake of fitting into a predetermined mold are assholes. That happens just as much with metal as with every other subculture and community.

I find it hard to believe that people in any scene dress and act the way they do out of shere randomness.

xStructualDefect
04-11-2010, 02:32 PM
You're no less of a metalhead if you dance with a girl. Anyone who thinks that here is probably just too immature to get it at all. I'm a bit older than most of the people who frequent here and I can tell you that women love when you dance with them. They get a sexual arrousal out of it. Also, it shows that you're willing to have fun and let loose which is what the vast majority of women like to see a guy do. It also shows you're not afraid to get close to a woman. Because if you're up next to a girl and you're both bumping and grinding away it let's her know that you have no problem getting intimate at all.

If you ever wanna get with a girl dancing with her is one of the best ways. No stupid pick up lines or buying her a bunch of drinks, though that doesn't hurt at all, but dancing with her is the best bet. Even if you're an out of shape rythmless white boy like me it's ok. The girl will more often that not at least appreciate the effort you put in and will think it's sweet that you at least tried and didn't care if you looked stupid or not.

So as unmetal as it is, it's OK, I for one don't think any less of you for doing it. The reward speaks for itself if it all goes right.

THANK YOU. i used to be one of those guys who thought dancing was lame and not for me but like you said girls love it when you dance with them, even if you're not attractive.

Aight we cool. :cool:

alright just know i'm not trying to start shit with anyone i just thought it was lame how i've been flamed a few times on this board before just because my opinion was different than most metalheads.

a guy i work with is actually like best friends with mike "the situation" and says that the guys job is just to go show up at parties and ride around in limos with a bunch of girls. when your primary occupation is getting paid to party, i think its safe to say that they have more fun.

plus, i like the stuff youre talking about too, its got its time and place. when i first was getting into metal i was trying to be all "brootal" and shit, but then i realized all that your image doesnt mean shit if you know your music. i could post a picture of myself from a few nights ago and probably be called a "tool" or w/e, but i still know my metal.

that's what i think because that does sound like a lot of fun. but like dethmaiden said fun is subjective and maybe some people won't enjoy that. and same here my sophomore and junior year in high school i think i tried too hard to be a metalhead. my life literally revolved around metal and going to shows. i'd have the semi decent long hair, usually some what faded band tees with most of them having tour dates on the back, and beat up shoes. i would think liking certain bands and doing certain things would make me less of a metalhead so i wouldn't do it or like it. then i realized like you said image doesn't mean anything. if i look less of a metalhead nowadays so be it as long as i'm a metalhead at heart that's all what matters. i recently threw away A LOT of old band tees that were beaten up because i got sick of going out wearing old band tees. but when i go see a show i'll throw on an old tour shirt. nowadays i'll still wear band tees going out but only if it still looks somewhat new and fresh, i also cut my hair and started spiking it, got plugs, and never wear beat up shoes anymore.

I spend most of my weekends out dancing with girls, listening to dance/indie songs, and drinking with people who don't generally enjoy metal. In fact I am the only one of my friends who listens to the amount of heavy music that I do, and thankfully I have an incredibly open taste and like alot of indie/pop songs so the music doesn't feel too bad. I also have long hair, a beard, and its a novelty if I amen't wearing a band t-shirt when hanging out with me friends, and I'm still that guy whose front center at a Slayer show flipping off the support waiting for Slayer to come out. I find both activities a great way to spend a night out, even though they are worlds apart. And to be honest, I quite like having a quiet drink every now and then too.

that's awesome i like that. i like to very open minded about music nowadays. i could be out partying dancing with girls one night, and a few nights later i can be moshing and screaming the lyrics to whatever band i'm seeing. both are fun ways to enjoy a night. i'm also pretty much the only one in group who loves metal.

JRA
04-11-2010, 02:43 PM
No, it's blowjobs.

and....swing anda miss.

ravenheart
04-11-2010, 03:22 PM
and....swing anda miss.

You really think alcohol causes and solves more problems than sex?

:lol:

Well, OK...

ravenheart
04-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Also, some of the stereotyping and generalising going on in this thread is grade A hilarious.

Crionics
04-11-2010, 03:31 PM
I find this a very interesting debate. Just recently, I had sort of an argument with one of my friends. Now this friend of mine has a very wide taste in music. He listens to a lot of metal, however for the more extreme genres, at first he won't like it. Now he started getting into some doom recently and I said "Wow, you're liking doom metal" and he pretty much got worked up over me for saying that. I asked him why, and he said "Because whenever I enter new territory, you think I'm getting closer to becoming a metalhead, which I will NEVER be."

It seemed like he had a huge problem with being identified as a metalhead, and he said he did because he doesn't want to be a metalhead, he wants to be himself. So I asked him what he thinks a metalhead is, and he said "Someone like you, who thinks "tr00 metal for life" and "kill the posers"." So I told him that there's no code for being a metalhead..all it means is you listen to metal, whether it's the only genre you listen to or not. He couldn't say anything after that.

Now first of all I'll never say anything like tr00 unless I'm saying it as a joke. Sure, I don't like most the bands labeled as posers, but that's because I have my own taste and don't like them. And metal isn't the only genre I listen to, I also enjoy Classic Rock, Punk, Hardcore Punk, and some Blues. He seems to think that just because he has a very vast taste means that other peoples taste arn't wide. Now this is interesting. Is being a metalhead a label? I don't think so. Sure some like myself like to make it known that their a metalhead, but some won't. It's just liking the music. Discuss.

ravenheart
04-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Is being a metalhead a label?

Being one isn't, but "metalhead" is. Inescapable.

What I will say though, the only people I ever hear use the term "metalhead" are metal fans.

Crionics
04-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Being one isn't, but "metalhead" is. Inescapable.

What I will say though, the only people I ever hear use the term "metalhead" are metal fans.

That's a good point. I find myself rarely using the term though, however this guy brought it up, and it is a good question to think about.

ADD
04-11-2010, 05:02 PM

Exactamundo....:bricks:

JRA
04-11-2010, 05:03 PM

Well, OK...

I was quoting the Simpsons.

ravenheart
04-11-2010, 05:39 PM
I was quoting the Simpsons.

Yes, I'm aware of the source and the meaning.

JRA
04-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Yes, I'm aware of the source and the meaning.

Well then, fuck you for busting my balls.;)

Div
04-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Maybe he didn't want everybody lookin at his eyes and askin redundant questions, relateable.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/104/l_2d2ae75584af4219932d6f603a79ef9f.jpg

http://bradbitler.com/clients/thizz/DRE.jpg

:lol: :lol:

seems addi was the only one who put two and two together when i said the dude just flew in from cali. i also learned you guys call it "medicating" out there.

JRA
04-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Musical truth:

Lamb of God > Slipknot

ADD
04-11-2010, 08:32 PM
:lol: :lol:

seems addi was the only one who put two and two together when i said the dude just flew in from cali. i also learned you guys call it "medicating" out there.

:lol: I guess some people call it medicating if they wanna get real literal, I don't have a card so it would be inappropriate for me to refer to it as such.

Musical truth:

Lamb of God > Slipknot

Fine

youngandaspiring
04-12-2010, 12:33 AM
After claiming Dream Theater are a bunch of musical wankers, I have decided that they own a lot more than they suck.

Although songs like Erotomania/Beyond This Life can't be excused.

Indestructible
04-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Your opinon is not law your opinon is not the same has everyones people think diffrently than you. People arent stupid just because they have a diffrent musical opinon than you.GROW UP stop being a prick and accept people for thinking diffrent. Think about this how boring would the world be if everyone was exactly like you, if everyone thought the same way has you listend to the same bands,watched the same shows ect it would suck. People should think free and be diffrent from eachother and not follow what everyone else does.

xStructualDefect
04-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Your opinon is not law your opinon is not the same has everyones people think diffrently than you. People arent stupid just because they have a diffrent musical opinon than you.GROW UP stop being a prick and accept people for thinking diffrent. Think about this how boring would the world be if everyone was exactly like you, if everyone thought the same way has you listend to the same bands,watched the same shows ect it would suck. People should think free and be diffrent from eachother and not follow what everyone else does.

i actually agree with you 'cause i've been there before.

makethemsuffer12
04-12-2010, 02:39 PM

But they are when they are unable to construct a grammatically correct sentence.

Maiden33
04-12-2010, 02:40 PM
But they are when they are unable to construct a grammatically correct sentence.

:D

ChildrenofSodom
04-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Now, now guys. How many times are we going to make fun of this guy for bad grammar...Its getting kind of old.

makethemsuffer12
04-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Now, now guys. How many times are we going to make fun of this guy for bad grammar...It's getting kind of old.

Fixed. :D

And I don't know 'bout that, I'm still having fun. :D

IrritatedTrout
04-12-2010, 02:55 PM

Grammar is kvlt. :fist:

Indestructible
04-12-2010, 02:59 PM
i actually agree with you 'cause i've been there before.

Ive been there before to.And it isnt just people on this board or people in my highschool who cant accpet opinons on music its older people in there 30's who make it sound like there opinon is law or fact and that makes them more immature than any highschool or middleschooler.

Indestructible
04-12-2010, 02:59 PM

You guys dont deserve my great grammer.

xStructualDefect
04-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Ive been there before to.And it isnt just people on this board or people in my highschool who cant accpet opinons on music its older people in there 30's who make it sound like there opinon is law or fact and that makes them more immature than any highschool or middleschooler.

yeah exactly there's a lot of people like that. a lot of metalheads are definently like that or any type of elitist usually. people gotta learn to accept other peoples' opinions.

makethemsuffer12
04-12-2010, 03:05 PM

I just lol'd. HARD.

ChildrenofSodom
04-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Fixed. :D

And I don't know 'bout that, I'm still having fun. :D

Big fucking whoop.

Indestructible
04-12-2010, 03:06 PM
yeah exactly there's a lot of people like that. a lot of metalheads are definently like that or any type of elitist usually. people gotta learn to accept other peoples' opinions.

I know someone like that who is in there 30's he seems more accpeting of my opinon now but he didnt use to be.From time to time he still makes it sound like his opinon is law and that he cant accpet anyone elses he doesnt sound like a prick when he does it but it still pisses me off.

bt11763
04-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Big fucking whoop.

bro, u mad?

makethemsuffer12
04-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Now back to musical truths (well, opinions):

New Bullet for my Valentine is gayer than ever. I listened to some of their new material out of curiosity as I used to be a fan, and was practically laughing at points. Absolutely terrible.

IrritatedTrout
04-12-2010, 03:16 PM

Post of the year.

makethemsuffer12
04-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Post of the year.

I know, right?

xStructualDefect
04-12-2010, 03:17 PM

New Bullet for my Valentine is gayer than ever. I listened to some of their new material out of curiosity as I used to be a fan, and was practically laughing at points. Absolutely terrible.

ehh it's not that bad.

Maiden33
04-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Post of the year.

Maybe ever, who knows?

Indestructible
04-12-2010, 03:23 PM

They still suck but Im glade they dropped the emo act.

makethemsuffer12
04-12-2010, 03:30 PM
ehh it's not that bad.

I beg to differ. Their last album was pretty shit as well, aside from 2-3 fairly good songs. I feel they really have the potential to do great things, but as of now they're wasting their time with writing songs that make the Village People seem straight.

And on the topic of wasted potential, and I don't care how much hate I might get, I honestly feel that Whitechapel would be a decent band if it weren't for the god-awful breakdowns. I can't lie, I genuinely like some of the non-core parts in their songs, but they keep managing to kill any sort of joy I have listening to them with the breakdowns.

Also, as we all know, their fans are, for the most part, gaytarded, which I believe hurts their reputation more than anything in the metal community, and that goes for other decent/potentionally good deathcore bands as well.

makethemsuffer12
04-12-2010, 03:32 PM

If you ask me, they sound more "emo" than ever with their newer material.

Maiden33
04-12-2010, 03:36 PM

http://www.viewpoints.com/images/review/2007/215/20/1186192200-9907_full.jpg

makethemsuffer12
04-12-2010, 03:39 PM
http://www.viewpoints.com/images/review/2007/215/20/1186192200-9907_full.jpg

xStructualDefect
04-12-2010, 03:39 PM
I beg to differ. Their last album was pretty shit as well, aside from 2-3 fairly good songs. I feel they really have the potential to do great things, but as of now they're wasting their time with writing songs that make the Village People seem straight.

And on the topic of wasted potential, and I don't care how much hate I might get, I honestly feel that Whitechapel would be a decent band if it weren't for the god-awful breakdowns. I can't lie, I genuinely like some of the non-core parts in their songs, but they keep managing to kill any sort of joy I have listening to them with the breakdowns.

Also, as we all know, their fans are, for the most part, gaytarded, which I believe hurts their reputation more than anything in the metal community, and that goes for other decent/potentionally good deathcore bands as well.

Scream Aim Fire had some good tracks but also some awful ones. Waking the Demon, Eye of the Storm, Take It On Me, and Ashes of the Innocent were all awesome. the rest of the album was shit or mediocre.

and no one should ever feel bad for liking a deathcore band thinking they may lose metal credibility. that is fucking lame. and yeah Whitechapel is a great band but they overdo the breakdowns sometimes. i like some breakdowns but when it's breakdown after breakdown it gets old. listen to Father of Lies though that's probably their best song.

makethemsuffer12
04-12-2010, 03:49 PM
I don't dislike deathcore for the whole "metal credibility" thing. Christ, Trivium are one of my favorite bands, and for the longest time they were one of the most hated bands in metal.

All in all, I just find deathcore, and any music that relies soley on breakdowns, to be LAME.

IrritatedTrout
04-12-2010, 04:13 PM
and no one should ever feel bad for liking a deathcore band thinking they may lose metal credibility. that is fucking lame. and yeah Whitechapel is a great band but they overdo the breakdowns sometimes. i like some breakdowns but when it's breakdown after breakdown it gets old. listen to Father of Lies though that's probably their best song.

Over half this board is in love with Lady Gaga. You're the only one I've ever seen even mention "tr00 metal cred".

For the record, I only like Gaga a little bit. Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood are where it's at for me.

xStructualDefect
04-12-2010, 04:22 PM
I don't dislike deathcore for the whole "metal credibility" thing. Christ, Trivium are one of my favorite bands, and for the longest time they were one of the most hated bands in metal.

All in all, I just find deathcore, and any music that relies soley on breakdowns, to be LAME.

ah alright then. it's cuz i noticed a lot of metalheads always feel so guilty for liking a metal band that's hated a lot, and feel that they lose metal credibility if they do. but yeah i like Trivium a lot too, i really don't care that they're hated by many and considered not true metal.

yeah but not all deathcore RELY on breakdowns. a breakdown is good every now and then but when it's a constant breakdown like Emmure then it's pretty awful. i think Whitechapel does a good job on not overdoing the breakdown except for a few songs. the new song being an example of overdoing breakdowns.

Maiden33
04-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Over half this board is in love with Lady Gaga. You're the only one I've ever seen even mention "tr00 metal cred".

For the record, I only like Gaga a little bit. Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood are where it's at for me.

xStructualDefect
04-12-2010, 04:28 PM

i have seen metal credibility been mentioned on this board before. not many, but a lot. but it happens a lot on other boards, where people feel guilty for liking a band they feel that's not true metal.

i myself like listening to Lady Gaga when i'm in party mood, same with LFMAO, or any type of fast techno stuff. but i already got into that and i don't wanna argue with people again. i also like A Day To Remember a lot, i could care less if liking those artists make me lame or "less metal." i know my metal well, and i also like listening to other stuff besides metal.

makethemsuffer12
04-12-2010, 04:36 PM
not many, but a lot.

Contradiction much? haha

bt11763
04-12-2010, 04:37 PM

i for one like whitechapel, but this is all true.

Over half this board is in love with Lady Gaga.

reporting for duty. :blaze:

Indestructible
i myself like listening to Lady Gaga when i'm in party mood, .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjR78I1hCBI&feature=related

mankvill
If I stopped listening to a band because I thought I'd lose credibility, I'd be no better than a scene kid.

Now excuse me while I blast Dragonforce :shred:

bt11763
04-12-2010, 04:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjR78I1hCBI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0960ZpDlJjk&feature=related

^^ far superior ^^

makethemsuffer12
04-12-2010, 04:41 PM
If I stopped listening to a band because I thought I'd lose credibility, I'd be no better than a scene kid.

ZP, you shall be missed :boohoo:

mastodon421
04-12-2010, 04:44 PM

I agree. I mean I like some deathcore I am not gonna lie everybody around here knows that. I am aware that its trendy and it has garbage fans for the most parts but I am a fan of some of the bands in the genre.

Anyways I got into the stupidest arguement with this scene kid from my school today about Dark Tranquillity. I stated that I thought Dark Tranquillity outperformed The Devil Wears Prada substantily on the KSE tour. He stated that I don't deserve to listen to metal ever again because of that I lol'ed pretty hard.

xStructualDefect
04-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Contradiction much? haha

lol i don't know what i was thinking when i typed that. i meant to say it doesn't happen often but it does sometimes.

yeah exactly. but what i noticed is sometimes metalheads won't admit it but say if someone liked a lot of deathcore bands or mainstream metal bands, other metalheads won't take their opinions seriously because they don't have much "metal credibility."

for example say i only listened to deathcore and i said Cannibal Corpse sucks, i would get a lot of shit for it and people would think my opinion didn't matter because i have "shit music taste." if i listened to a lot of death metal like Dying Fetus, Suffocation, Immolation, Nile, etc, and said Cannibal Corpse sucks, my opinion would be MUCH more respected than the other situation.

TonyD
04-12-2010, 04:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0960ZpDlJjk&feature=related

^^ far superior ^^

I can has be Kirk Hammett?

I don't know if this has been posted, but even far-er superior-er: Meshuggagah (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfOddwK7x3E)

SomewhereInTime72
04-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Anyways I got into the stupidest arguement with this scene kid from my school today about Dark Tranquillity. I stated that I thought Dark Tranquillity outperformed The Devil Wears Prada substantily on the KSE tour. He stated that I don't deserve to listen to metal ever again because of that I lol'ed pretty hard.

LOL!

mankvill
04-12-2010, 04:53 PM
if i listened to a lot of death metal like Dying Fetus, Suffocation, Immolation, Nile, etc, and said Cannibal Corpse sucks, my opinion would be MUCH more respected than the other situation.

How do you know?

There are guys on here whom I respect and they listen to a lot of death metal and say Dying Fetus' vocals suck. Now, as we all know, they are really fucking stupid for saying that.

yallniggaztrolled

ChildrenofSodom
04-12-2010, 05:10 PM

Back off, chump. :bouville:

Div
04-12-2010, 05:15 PM
god dammit, im so fucking sick of hearing about lady gaga. not just here, but all over facebook, tv, even one of my professors always uses "lady gaga" as a variable in his equations.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

spoiler: in 3 years noone will give a shit about lady gaga

xStructualDefect
04-12-2010, 05:15 PM
How do you know?

There are guys on here whom I respect and they listen to a lot of death metal and say Dying Fetus' vocals suck. Now, as we all know, they are really fucking stupid for saying that.

yallniggaztrolled

i'm saying that the situation would be much more respected than the other situation if someone only liked deathcore. and to be honest i think Dying Fetus's low grunts are terrible as well.

mankvill
04-12-2010, 05:20 PM
i'm saying that the situation would be much more respected than the other situation if someone only liked deathcore. and to be honest i think Dying Fetus's low grunts are terrible as well.

well YOU WRONG!

DethMaiden
04-12-2010, 05:23 PM
How do you know?

yallniggaztrolled

You...respect me! :bliss:

IrritatedTrout
04-12-2010, 05:27 PM

oh u

xStructualDefect
04-12-2010, 05:28 PM
well YOU WRONG!

impossible in having a discussion with you about anything if someone's opinion is different than yours.

mankvill
04-12-2010, 05:29 PM
You...respect me! :bliss:

But not in bed.

impossible in having a discussion with you about anything if someone's opinion is different than yours.

But your opinion is wrong.

DethMaiden
04-12-2010, 05:30 PM
But not in bed.

It's okay, your girlfriend does. :agree:

mankvill
04-12-2010, 05:35 PM
It's okay, your girlfriend does. :agree:

I thought you were my girlfriend! :cool:

DethMaiden
04-12-2010, 05:37 PM
I thought you were my girlfriend! :cool:

Not after what I saw you doing with this girl:

http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2010/04/im-just-a-brutal-death-metal-girl/

:vomit:

mankvill
04-12-2010, 05:43 PM

Whitechapel
Carnifex shirt

Almost.

:lovedup:

ChildrenofSodom
04-12-2010, 05:45 PM

That second song was FUCKING stupid.

DethMaiden
04-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Whitechapel
Carnifex shirt

Almost.

:lovedup:

I thought you'd like those shitty fucking Dying Fetus growls. ;)

bt11763
04-12-2010, 05:48 PM
That second song was FUCKING stupid.

werpwerpweprwerpwerpwerpwerpwerpwerpwerp

:rocker:

i'd still hit it :eyes:

mankvill
04-12-2010, 05:50 PM
I thought you'd like those shitty fucking Dying Fetus growls. ;)

Any chick who can cover Babykiller like that is #1 in my book :lovedup:

youngandaspiring
04-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Oh, and one that will cause some interesting debate:

Growling is at most times a poor excuse for 'I can't really sing'.

Notice 'at most' - some bands can do it tastefully (Opeth, Therion, Underoath), but most are just lame sounding which takes away from the often excellent music.

mankvill
04-12-2010, 07:34 PM
some bands can do it tastefully (Opeth, Therion, Underoath)

whatthefuckamireading.tiff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-sFq-V_AK0

Tell me that isn't delicious.

DethMaiden
04-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Oh, and one that will cause some interesting debate:

Growling is at most times a poor excuse for 'I can't really sing'.

Notice 'at most' - some bands can do it tastefully (Opeth, Therion, Underoath), but most are just lame sounding which takes away from the often excellent music.

Alright, I've got to address this. That is a HUGE misconception as there is a very clear difference between good death/black vocals and bad ones. Please, I challenge you to make a death metal recording and send it to me and I'll pick apart why I wouldn't listen to you if you were in a death metal band. Even people who don't like extreme vocals can admit that there's talent behind them, and they're certainly an aesthetic choice and not an excuse for not being able to sing. The ones who do it poorly suck, no differently than someone who constantly sings out of key would suck in a power metal band.

youngandaspiring
04-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Alright, I've got to address this. That is a HUGE misconception as there is a very clear difference between good death/black vocals and bad ones. Please, I challenge you to make a death metal recording and send it to me and I'll pick apart why I wouldn't listen to you if you were in a death metal band. Even people who don't like extreme vocals can admit that there's talent behind them, and they're certainly an aesthetic choice and not an excuse for not being able to sing. The ones who do it poorly suck, no differently than someone who constantly sings out of key would suck in a power metal band.
Firstly, as professional musicians (which I am not), there's a certain obligation towards sounding good. Clearly you wouldn't listen to a Death Metal album by me because I'm not a Metal musician. I'm merely critiquing professional musicians, who as musicians, should acknowledge constructive criticism.

I can admit that growling does take some measure of talent. Many of my favourite albums have harsh vocals that do a fine job of flowing with the music. However, don't try to tell me or anyone versed in music that growling takes anywhere near the amount of talent that a singer must strive for. Saying that a vocalist like Chuck Schuldiner is on par with someone like Daniel Gildenlow, Rob Halford etc. is a very bold statement that is wrong in my eyes.

Point is, it's much harder to be good singer than it is to be a good growler. If you like growling, then that's a musical opinion - but the musical truth is that Pavarotti > the guy from Amon Amarth at vocalizing. Could Pavarotti growl? Maybe. Could Quorthon sing Nessun Dorma? Unlikely.

And on that topic, the most talented Metal vocalist of all time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SclJmnRMLnQ

mankvill
04-12-2010, 07:47 PM
It's on now motherfucker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quPliK3eAy4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM__lPTWThU

Eagerly awaiting Nat's opinion.

youngandaspiring
04-12-2010, 07:51 PM

I think the Death cover has phenomenal vocals, and it's one of the rare times that I enjoy 'extreme' vocals. As for the original... well it's Halford.

However, great vocal performances like the Death cover are rare in Death/Black Metal in general. I'm not saying there aren't any, but you'd be hard pressed to think of 10 off the top of your head.

Maiden33
04-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Not surprisingly, I'm with Youngandaspiring on this one. I've believed more or less what he originally said for quite a long time. I know, I'm a close-minded asshole, I don't care.

DethMaiden
04-12-2010, 07:55 PM
I just don't see why you have to equate taste with talent. If you don't like death metal, no harm there, not many people do. But pretending that it's easy to be a good death metal vocalist is ridiculous.

mankvill
04-12-2010, 07:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zYSv9IqzEg

I think to reach a level like this in vocals takes tremendous talent! :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOggLk5uaDM

youngandaspiring
04-12-2010, 07:58 PM
I just don't see why you have to equate taste with talent. If you don't like death metal, no harm there, not many people do. But pretending that it's easy to be a good death metal vocalist is ridiculous.
I do like Death Metal. I also enjoy Black Metal - the quick tempo change in Ye Entrancemperium is one of the great Metal moments of all time.

But this thread title is about musical truth rather than taste/opinion. And the musical truth is that for the most part, singing>growling. Heck, even the most talented growler of all time (Akerfeldt) seems to enjoy singing more than roaring.

Maiden33
04-12-2010, 07:59 PM

I didn't say that. Being a good/great death metal vocalist is one thing (though I'm still not convinced there is such a thing), but being a passable one seems WAY fucking easier than being a passable/entry level melodic singer that can be taken seriously.

I mean, I am willing to concede that there are different styles of growling that one may prefer over others (even I have some preference), but aside from random people who just completely suck and lack vocal endurance (note: NOT lack of musical ability), it just seems so much easier to "get by" as a growler.

DethMaiden
04-12-2010, 08:00 PM
I do like Death Metal. I also enjoy Black Metal - the quick tempo change in Ye Entrancemperium is one of the great Metal moments of all time.

But this thread title is about musical truth rather than taste/opinion. And the musical truth is that for the most part, singing>growling. Heck, even the most talented growler of all time (Akerfeldt) seems to enjoy singing more than roaring.

Yeah, I get that you enjoy death and black metal, I guess I just don't see your argument the same way you do. Heck, if you pressed me I might say that it's harder to do extreme vocals well, but I don't really wanna pick one or the other. ;)

mankvill
04-12-2010, 08:01 PM
the most talented growler of all time (Akerfeldt)

:nonono:

DethMaiden
04-12-2010, 08:02 PM

:tongue: Now, now. That's the one thing he had right. ;)

youngandaspiring
04-12-2010, 08:04 PM
It probably should be noted that there is no 'better' form of music (art is subjective after all). I do think it is rather pointless to argue musical truth, because it's nearly impossible to define anything in music as truthful - it isn't a science or math where 1+1=2.

Therefore I say, change the thread title to 'controversial opinions you state to piss other music lovers off'.

mankvill
04-12-2010, 08:04 PM
:tongue: Now, now. That's the one thing he had right. ;)

NEVAH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShZc-GOkbyk

youngandaspiring
04-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Go on, name 3 better.

EDIT - that was a very interesting MV.

mankvill
04-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Go on, name 3 better.

Dave Hunt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6349Q-67eA)!
Travis Ryan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eklVc6ZNrbI)!
James Lee (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRb0C2imsT0)!

In my humble opinion.

DethMaiden
04-12-2010, 08:10 PM

In my humble opinion.

There's lots of different styles for death vocals. For clarity, I'll take Åkerfeldt, Schuldiner, and Johann Hegg from Amon Amarth any day but tons of other guys just have really cool voices. Impossible to pick.

bt11763
04-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Firstly, as professional musicians (which I am not), there's a certain obligation towards sounding good. Clearly you wouldn't listen to a Death Metal album by me because I'm not a Metal musician. I'm merely critiquing professional musicians, who as musicians, should acknowledge constructive criticism.

I can admit that growling does take some measure of talent. Many of my favourite albums have harsh vocals that do a fine job of flowing with the music. However, don't try to tell me or anyone versed in music that growling takes anywhere near the amount of talent that a singer must strive for. Saying that a vocalist like Chuck Schuldiner is on par with someone like Daniel Gildenlow, Rob Halford etc. is a very bold statement that is wrong in my eyes.

Point is, it's much harder to be good singer than it is to be a good growler. If you like growling, then that's a musical opinion - but the musical truth is that Pavarotti > the guy from Amon Amarth at vocalizing. Could Pavarotti growl? Maybe. Could Quorthon sing Nessun Dorma? Unlikely.

And on that topic, the most talented Metal vocalist of all time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SclJmnRMLnQ

you are so misconceived it hurts me. i will begin this by saying I am a vocalist and i do not sing cleanly, it is a talent i do not possess to the point where I am comfortable using it artistically, but it is something i am progressing.

That being said, there are many differences between an opera singer and what i strive to do. For one, opera singers are classically trained and have the hundreds of years of proven, strict methods to achieve what they can. Many extreme vocalists simply dive in to it without understanding their instrument, resulting in a complete destruction of their throats and talent, or to them sounding like shit.

Here is where I will agree with you. There are a large number of extreme vocalists whom sound awful but somehow still make a living off of it. But that is because sadly, their genre allows such a thing. And that irks me, because they put so little work and talent into building their instrument and reap the rewards they do not deserve. And you are absolutely right that Pavoratti is leaps and bounds a better musician than Johan Hegg. But this is because they are not in the same field as one another, and Johan has had no where near the same classical exposure and training opportunities that Pavoratti has.

But this is where it gets interesting.

First and formost, I believe what you are suffering from a case of severe taste difference, which is fine. But to go as far as to say that all of these people are devoid of any talent is just absurd and uncalled for.

That being said, the concept of music is always growing and changing. Extreme vocalists of today are still pioneering their own sound and techniques, and if it holds steady (which i have every feeling it would, but in the prospective of time this genre of music is still extremely infantile) these techniques will become learned and taught, not too different from how the idea of classical vocalization has been taught. And it already has begun.

I have gone with the route of teaching myself to use my throat as an instrument in the way I have chosen. It is not perfect, but the results have been extraordinary. The warm ups and techniques that I use are almost identical to that of any other professional singer, with a few different and new traits added in. But when it comes down to it, i just apply these techniques in a different way than Rob Halford or what have you.

Essentially, you are entitled to your opinions but I take great offense to hear that you can say something as ridiculous as all of these people are not talented or comparable to those you see as respectable vocalists. I respect your opinion, but you have to give credit and appreciate what you clearly, in my opinion, do not fully understand.

/rant

youngandaspiring
04-12-2010, 08:18 PM
you are so misconceived it hurts me. i will begin this by saying I am a vocalist and i do not sing cleanly, it is a talent i do not possess to the point where I am comfortable using it artistically, but it is something i am progressing.

That being said, there are many differences between an opera singer and what i strive to do. For one, opera singers are classically trained and have the hundreds of years of proven, strict methods to achieve what they can. Many extreme vocalists simply dive in to it without understanding their instrument, resulting in a complete destruction of their throats and talent, or to them sounding like shit.

Here is where I will agree with you. There are a large number of extreme vocalists whom sound awful but somehow still make a living off of it. But that is because sadly, their genre allows such a thing. And that irks me, because they put so little work and talent into building their instrument and reap the rewards they do not deserve. And you are absolutely right that Pavoratti is leaps and bounds a better musician than Johan Hegg. But this is because they are not in the same field as one another, and Johan has had no where near the same classical exposure and training opportunities that Pavoratti has.

But this is where it gets interesting.

First and formost, I believe what you are suffering from a case of severe taste difference, which is fine. But to go as far as to say that all of these people are devoid of any talent is just absurd and uncalled for.

That being said, the concept of music is always growing and changing. Extreme vocalists of today are still pioneering their own sound and techniques, and if it holds steady (which i have every feeling it would, but in the prospective of time this genre of music is still extremely infantile) these techniques will become learned and taught, not too different from how the idea of classical vocalization has been taught. And it already has begun.

I have gone with the route of teaching myself to use my throat as an instrument in the way I have chosen. It is not perfect, but the results have been extraordinary. The warm ups and techniques that I use are almost identical to that of any other professional singer, with a few different and new traits added in. But when it comes down to it, i just apply these techniques in a different way than Rob Halford or what have you.

Essentially, you are entitled to your opinions but I take great offense to hear that you can say something as ridiculous as all of these people are not talented or comparable to those you see as respectable vocalists. I respect your opinion, but you have to give credit and appreciate what you clearly, in my opinion, do not fully understand.

/rant
Firstly, at no point did I say extreme vocalists were talentless. I thought I made it clear that I do enjoy harsh vocals, and when done well they can really add to a song, especially when juxtaposed with contrasting vocal styles.

My point of view is clear - it takes a lot more skill and time to become a fine singer than it does to become a 'fine' growler, a point that you seemingly agree with.

youngandaspiring
04-12-2010, 08:22 PM

In my humble opinion.
My favourite growling performance of all time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twYDtssbAxc

Maiden33
04-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Firstly, at no point did I say extreme vocalists were talentless. I thought I made it clear that I do enjoy harsh vocals, and when done well they can really add to a song, especially when juxtaposed with contrasting vocal styles.

http://www.cmdistro.com/images/xlarge/22149.jpg
This album. You need to check it out if you've never heard it.

DethMaiden
04-12-2010, 08:23 PM

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

THE EYE OF HORUS IS PREPARED TO ATTACK THEE!

mankvill
04-12-2010, 08:24 PM

VERY EPIC

Especially live. :blaze::blaze::blaze:

youngandaspiring
04-12-2010, 08:28 PM
http://www.cmdistro.com/images/xlarge/22149.jpg
This album. You need to check it out if you've never heard it.
I'm listening to the title track now. It's not bad, I will check them out.

EDIT - you lucky bastards got to see Nile live? I'm green with jealousy.

bt11763
04-12-2010, 08:31 PM
My point of view is clear - it takes a lot more skill and time to become a fine singer than it does to become a 'fine' growler, a point that you seemingly agree with.

i disagree, but i see why you think that way.

nowadays it seems like everyone and their mother believe they could be a vocalist for a death metal band, which leaves a lot of crap and lack of talent. i do love a lot of bands that would seem hypocritical to what i'm trying to explain but that is beside the point.

but i believe that for anyone who really could possess the talent to be a "fine" growler actually has a more daunting task ahead of them than someone who had the talent or skills to be come a "fine" singer.

this is because it is a territory that has no formal training or techniques, which makes it very dangerous. you could ask a great deal of extreme vocalists "DUDE HOW DO YOU SOUND LIKE THAT OHMAGAWD" and they'll say something that will most likely boil down to "i don't really know it just fell into place one day." this is dangerous because many people could severely harm their throats and/or completely embarrass themselves because it just sounds awful.

as compared to a more "traditional" vocal style, these techniques have been around much longer and there are more ways to be taught how to achieve this talent.

i'm not saying i think of this style any less, i know for me i could probably never be as talented as bruce dickinson or whatever, and i love these genres just as much. but i believe that if you think of the extreme style in this way it will help you understand my point of view, if not agree with it.

Maiden33
04-12-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm listening to the title track now. It's not bad, I will check them out.

:(

Mercenary are fucking incredible. Though I guess it depends what you're into. For me it's like the melodeath answer to Evergrey, who are my 4th or 5th favorite band of all time. I think they use growling juxtaposed with melodic vocals in a great, emotional framework. I love them.

DethMaiden
04-12-2010, 08:32 PM
EDIT - you lucky bastards got to see Nile live? I'm green with jealousy.

Twice now. :bliss:

youngandaspiring
04-12-2010, 08:35 PM
:(

Mercenary are fucking incredible. Though I guess it depends what you're into. For me it's like the melodeath answer to Evergrey, who are my 4th or 5th favorite band of all time. I think they use growling juxtaposed with melodic vocals in a great, emotional framework. I love them.
I can see the similarity to Evergrey, has a very similar vocal sweeping feel - reminds me a lot of In Search of Truth meets Tobias Sammet.

I have to admit, the track (The Hous That Remain) does pick up towards the end. This is rockin' stuff.

Fires Of Sedition
04-12-2010, 10:53 PM

Everyone would be a total bad ass with gorgeous hair that the fly bitches love!

idrinkwine732
04-13-2010, 04:43 AM
Crowds in Washington D.C. suck.

Natrlhi
04-13-2010, 07:56 AM
Everyone would be a total bad ass with gorgeous hair that the fly bitches love!:lol: Awesome.

Natrlhi
04-13-2010, 08:14 AM

I've always been a fan of Schuldiner's earlier vocals, and Death's earlier material, in general. I can't get the second of those two videos to work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zYSv9IqzEg

I think to reach a level like this in vocals takes tremendous talent! :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOggLk5uaDMAgreed. Absofuckinglutely.

werpwerpweprwerpwerpwerpwerpwerpwerpwerp

:rocker:

i'd still hit it :eyes:Instead of hitting it, I'd slap it up on a stage with some badass mofo's who can play like a muthah fuckah and make some fucking money off it, dat's what I'd do, son. Dat bitch need to sell some RECORDS, Jack. :cool:

Natrlhi
04-13-2010, 08:18 AM
OBSERVATION:

This thread has now become as random as the "What Are You Doing" thread.

On second thought, fuck it. The above is not an observation, it's a musical truth. I mean, it's as factual as anything else that's been posted here, so what the fuck?! :tongue:

bt11763
04-13-2010, 08:23 AM
On second thought, fuck it. The above is not an observation, it's a musical truth. I mean, it's as factual as anything else that's been posted here, so what the fuck?! :tongue:

ten points to griffindor.

Fires Of Sedition
04-13-2010, 08:28 AM

I always thought Nat was a Hufflepuff kind of man.

Natrlhi
04-13-2010, 08:34 AM

:lol: I got that reference...

I always thought Nat was a Hufflepuff kind of man....but I'm not enough of a Harry Potter fan to get this one. Fires, please let me know if I should be punching you in the face. Thanks.

Fires Of Sedition
04-13-2010, 08:38 AM
:lol: I got that reference...

...but I'm not enough of a Harry Potter fan to get this one. Fires, please let me know if I should be punching you in the face. Thanks.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No, it's another house from Harry Potter.

Natrlhi
04-13-2010, 08:41 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

No, it's another house from Harry Potter.
I figured that, but they'd better not be the faggy ones.

Fires Of Sedition
04-13-2010, 08:43 AM
I figured that, but they'd better not be the faggy ones.

:lol: No, just the one that's least talked about :tongue:

The Green and Black
04-13-2010, 08:46 AM
OBSERVATION:

This thread has now become as random as the "What Are You Doing" thread.

I can't even follow this thread, it makes my head spin. I follow a thought, and by the time I am ready to hit reply everyone is already talking about something else and what I was going to comment on is no longer relevant. :wtf: :crash:

JRA
04-13-2010, 08:49 AM
I can't even follow this thread, it makes my head spin. I follow a thought, and by the time I am ready to hit reply everyone is already talking about something else and what I was going to comment on is no longer relevant. :wtf: :crash:

Seriously, you assbags owe ADD an apology.

Natrlhi
04-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Seriously, you assbags owe ADD an apology.:lol: I call "bullshit". You just want them to apologize to Addi so you can vicariously steal some of that apology for yourself. ;)

IrritatedTrout
04-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Crowds in Washington D.C. suck.

What show?

Sanitarium78
04-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Here's a musical truth I've know for awhile now.

Cowboys From Hell and Vulgar Display Of Power are great metal albums and Pantera's future was looking bright after these two releases. But everything else they released after this was a letdown. Far Beyond Driven was OK but nothing special. The Great Southern Trendkill was a bit better but again nothing that special and Reinventing The Steel was average at best. Pantera saved metal from going completely extinct in the mainstream during the early 90s but with the exception of their first two albums their muscial legacy isn't as great as some would have you believe.

I wonder if this will spark a debate or not?

Fires Of Sedition
04-13-2010, 09:41 AM

Cowboys From Hell and Vulgar Display Of Power are great metal albums and Pantera's future was looking bright after these two releases. But everything else they released after this was a letdown. Far Beyond Driven was OK but nothing special. The Great Southern Trendkill was a bit better but again nothing that special and Reinventing The Steel was average at best. Pantera saved metal from going completely extinct in the mainstream during the early 90s but with the exception of their first two albums their muscial legacy isn't as great as some would have you believe.

I love all of Pantera's music, but I'm not going to argue about it. Opinions is opinions.

DethMaiden
04-13-2010, 09:57 AM

I'm maybe not as harsh on the later stuff as you might be but you're basically right.

The Green and Black
04-13-2010, 11:35 AM

I basically agree. I think Pantera's albums got weaker as time went on. Cowboys being my favorite, Vulgar being second, and the rest just meh.

Indestructible
04-13-2010, 11:47 AM

I think The Great Southern Trend Kill is great and is no where near a let down at all. Far beyond driven wasnt a letdown but no where near has good has CBFH and VDOP.

Indestructible
04-13-2010, 11:57 AM
I think somebands can scream and growl well but other screamers and growlers are talentless and awful and put nothing into it at all.

SomewhereInTime72
04-13-2010, 12:05 PM
I think somebands can scream and growl well but other screamers and growlers are talentless and awful and put nothing into it at all.

maybe you should elaborate your opinion on this or post it another 4 times in this thread

mankvill
04-13-2010, 12:10 PM
oh indestructible. you so crazy. never change.

Natrlhi
04-13-2010, 12:14 PM
I think somebands can scream and growl well but other screamers and growlers are talentless and awful and put nothing into it at all.:wallbang: Really? :rolleyes:

I think we should give this guy his own smiley. I suggest:

:deadhorse:

...the added bonus would be if the curse of having one's own smiley would come true.

:Yeahyouknowwhatimtalkinbout:

Derelict
04-13-2010, 12:19 PM
:wallbang: Really? :rolleyes:

I think we should give this guy his own smiley. I suggest:

:deadhorse:

...the added bonus would be if the curse of having one's own smiley would come true.

How have i never seen that smiley before? Thats tremendous

DethMaiden
04-13-2010, 12:19 PM

JRA
04-13-2010, 01:01 PM
By a small margin, I've come to prefer Far Beyond Driven the most.

:lol: I call "bullshit". You just want them to apologize to Addi so you can vicariously steal some of that apology for yourself. ;)

I'm not smart enough to do that. :eyes:

evildeadjedi
04-13-2010, 01:12 PM
This is how I would rate Pantera's albums from best to worst

Vulgar Display of Power (by a slim margin)
Cowboys From Hell (by a slim margin)
Far Beyond Driven
Great Southwestern Treadkill
Reinventing the Steel (by this time I stopped caring about Pantera)

makethemsuffer12
04-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Why does everyone seem to forgert the first few Pantera albums. Power Metal is an awesome album.

Sanitarium78
04-14-2010, 01:51 PM

I don't dig that vocal style myself but you really don't have to keep on mentioning that you don't like it. This is why people make fun of you all the time here. You keep saying the same stuff like this and it gets annoying and you open yourself up to getting flamed.

While I don't like the growling or screaming it does take some talent to do it right. Most growlers have to at least learn the basics on how to do it so they don't fuck up their voice. The same thing melodic singers do. They may not have the vocal training or range of a Dickinson, Halford or Dio but they still gotta put some effort in to it in order to pull it off at all.

JRA
04-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Why does everyone seem to forgert the first few Pantera albums. Power Metal is an awesome album.

Part of the problem is they haven't been available to buy since the dinosaur age.

Maiden33
04-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Part of the problem is they haven't been available to buy since the dinosaur age.

Yeah, if they remastered the four of them as two on each disc (possible, they're short enough), and rereleased them, I think a lot more people would respect, or at least be aware of them.

Dextrimental
04-14-2010, 03:42 PM
They were re-released as a four disc set a while back, but, due to the fact that neither Atco nor Time Warner owned them or the rights to them it was still a fairly limited release. You can get them off Ebay quite easily, its what I did, bout 10-15 bucks a pop!

JRA
02-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Balls to the Wall is Accept's best album. (though it does have gay songs like Turn me On and that album cover is fucking awful)

JRA
01-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Slaughter Of The Soul is really, really awesome and probably At The Gates' best record.

Building off of this: At The Gates's old stuff mostly sucks balls

Ommie
01-21-2013, 07:21 PM
Thank you. I never really understood all the praise for their sloppy death metal phase.

Not to mention all the people who say something along the lines of, "I would like SotS but it influenced METALCORE!" Get the fuck over yourself.

mankvill
01-21-2013, 07:59 PM

Building off of this: Slaughter Of The Soul is the best death metal album ever.