PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth -- Hollywood, CA -- March 31st, 2010

andrew_metalhead
04-01-2010, 08:00 PM
It was a great show but I couldn't enjoy it. It was a day to forget for me other than the fact that I got to interview David Ellefson.

They played one extra song 'Right To Go Insane'. The show was recorded for a DVD.

I'll update this with review soon.

Pictures: http://metalassault.com/gallery.php

Interview: http://metalassault.com/Interviews/033110_Megadeth.php

idrinkwine732
04-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Somethin bad happen?

andrew_metalhead
04-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Somethin bad happen?

Basically I waited 8 hours in line, got fucked over by the record label who were supposed to have me on the guest list but my name wasn't on it, didn't have a ticket until after Exodus finished playing, and the friends who I let cut in line with me were already in two hours before that. I never found them. They had the time of their lives on the rail. Then I lost my wallet during Testament. And then after the show I found out that the guy who had my camera and recorder in his car (rjturtle9) cracked his head open while trying to surf his way out of the pit, and was taken to hospital.

PowerMaiden
04-01-2010, 08:11 PM
let's hope that rjturtle is ok

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

andrew_metalhead
04-01-2010, 08:12 PM
let's hope that rjturtle is ok

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Yeah I went to his house today. He has 10 staples in his head and severe pain in his left arm.

Pastulio_
04-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Basically I waited 8 hours in line, got fucked over by the record label who were supposed to have me on the guest list but my name wasn't on it, didn't have a ticket until after Exodus finished playing, and the friends who I let cut in line with me were already in two hours before that. I never found them. They had the time of their lives on the rail. Then I lost my wallet during Testament. And then after the show I found out that the guy who had my camera and recorder in his car (rjturtle9) cracked his head open while trying to surf his way out of the pit, and was taken to hospital.

Damn, talk about Murphy's Law. Hope rjturtle9 gets better.

JRA
04-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Yeah I went to his house today. He has 10 staples in his head and severe pain in his left arm.

:eek:

I wish him luck.

eyekantspele
04-01-2010, 08:39 PM
i cant wait to get this DVD. is this one of the Rust in Peace shows?

mankvill
04-01-2010, 09:01 PM
poor turtle! ;_;

idrinkwine732
04-01-2010, 09:13 PM

I'm sorry about all that man. I hope you get a show just as killer as this one was a bummer in the future.

andrew_metalhead
04-01-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm sorry about all that man. I hope you get a show just as killer as this one was a bummer in the future.

Thanks a lot man. Although THIS show will never take place again.

I'm scared about the Opeth show on April 9th. Its the same label and that one is also a once-in-a-lifetime kind of concert, most likely will be filmed too.

idrinkwine732
04-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Thanks a lot man. Although THIS show will never take place again.

I'm scared about the Opeth show on April 9th. Its the same label and that one is also a once-in-a-lifetime kind of concert, most likely will be filmed too.

How about you show up really early and make sure you're on the list?

Speaking of those two once in a lifetime shows, I don't have a shot of going to either of them...

andrew_metalhead
04-01-2010, 09:29 PM
How about you show up really early and make sure you're on the list?

Speaking of those two once in a lifetime shows, I don't have a shot of going to either of them...

Well .. they keep the list at the box office's will call, which opens only an hour or two hours before the show. At the Wiltern, the venue for the Opeth show, it sucks even worse. The will call is INSIDE the doors so I have to get inside, pick up my ticket and IF I GET THAT, then run to get my spot on the rail.

I have fucking no idea why they can't just mail out the tickets. The guest list is only 25-30 people long anyway.

bt11763
04-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Shit that's fucking awful andrew. Maybe we should make an e-get well card for turtle? :)

andrew_metalhead
04-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Shit that's fucking awful andrew. Maybe we should make an e-get well card for turtle? :)

Yeah! Well the funny thing is, today he was all cheerful. He was like 'hey 10 staples! thats fucking brutal man! thats metal!' :lol:

bt11763
04-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Yeah! Well the funny thing is, today he was all cheerful. He was like 'hey 10 staples! thats fucking brutal man! thats metal!' :lol:

Literally! hahahaha :lol:

oh how i love bad jokes. but thats good that he is feeling well enough to be cheerful. i got a concussion the first time seeing megadeth by getting dropped on my head and neck. it was during hangar 18 and great hahaha :rocker:

davidis138
04-02-2010, 01:10 AM

Damn this was just an off gig for everyone. I got pushed down and wasn't getting helped up for shit. People were falling on top of me, fuckin elbows in my throat, I had to get off the floor cos I couldn't breathe even after I got back up.

andrew_metalhead
04-02-2010, 01:18 AM
Damn this was just an off gig for everyone. I got pushed down and wasn't getting helped up for shit. People were falling on top of me, fuckin elbows in my throat, I had to get off the floor cos I couldn't breathe even after I got back up.

Yeah. I don't even fucking know what Testament played because I was in the same situation. Falling down and getting back up.

(Supposedly) I'll be at all the shows in your signature. See you there \m/ I'll be wearing the same blue vest.

davidis138
04-02-2010, 03:42 AM
Yeah. I don't even fucking know what Testament played because I was in the same situation. Falling down and getting back up.

(Supposedly) I'll be at all the shows in your signature. See you there \m/ I'll be wearing the same blue vest.

That sucks man. I looked for you and Turtle but my cousin and I got in late, Exodus was on stage already but yeah man same thing I'ma be wearing my vest with the S.O.D. patch on the back. I'll keep my eyes open.

larvtard
04-02-2010, 02:08 PM

hmmm i got helped up a bunch at their show in atlanta... except for the old geezers, everybody seemed like a true metalhead. I suppose that the presence of a true metalhead doesn't ALWAYS guarantee you getting helped up in the pit...I haven't been to many metal shows anyway (judas priest, mastodon 2x, btbam, megadeth) so I wouldn't know

rjturtle9
04-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Fuck this show was a disaster for me. Will i ever get to see a full Megadeth set in my lifetime?

Thanks for the concerns guys, great to see you people care :D And yeah it was pretty bad but the worst part is that nobody had a camera to capture the sight of me covered in my own blood haha

All this happened during the 4th Testament song, and I still stayed to see some Megadeth even though blood was pouring down my head :rocker: had to leave to the ER cause i started feeling dizzy, damn blood loss.

andrew_metalhead
04-02-2010, 11:21 PM
I wrote a blog on my experience in case anyone is interested!

http://www.metalassault.com/Adventures/040210_MD2.php

idrinkwine732
04-02-2010, 11:37 PM

That was a good read, and I'm really sorry that happened. I hope you get to have a killer time at Carnage.

andrew_metalhead
04-02-2010, 11:53 PM
That was a good read, and I'm really sorry that happened. I hope you get to have a killer time at Carnage.

Glad you liked it. And no .. Carnage will be MD3! :D

rjturtle9
04-03-2010, 01:13 AM
Glad you liked it. And no .. Carnage will be MD3! :D

For me too :lol:

rjturtle9
04-03-2010, 01:27 AM

Hey man I feel really bad for the whole line situation. You let me cut in front because that's what friends would do, and I would do the same for you, but you not getting your ticket on time was not my fault, or anyone else's, but the people who ran the guest lists. I know it wasn't the fairest thing to do, but everything happened so quick man.

andrew_metalhead
04-03-2010, 01:28 AM
Hey man I feel really bad for the whole line situation. You let me cut in front because that's what friends would do, and I would do the same for you, but you not getting your ticket on time was not my fault, or anyone else's, but the people who ran the guest lists. I know it wasn't the fairest thing to do, but everything happened so quick man.

Yeah dude I wasn't blaming you at all .. I knew you weren't going for rail anyway! Its people who were on the rail I was talking about.

rjturtle9
04-03-2010, 01:31 AM
Yeah dude I wasn't blaming you at all .. I knew you weren't going for rail anyway! Its people who were on the rail I was talking about.

Yeah ok man. Still sucks what happened. At least you got to see Rust In Piece in it's entirety :mad:

andrew_metalhead
04-03-2010, 01:35 AM
Yeah ok man. Still sucks what happened. At least you got to see Rust In Piece in it's entirety :mad:

Well yeah. Seeing David Ellefson was fucking amazing man \m/

rjturtle9
04-03-2010, 01:47 AM
Well yeah. Seeing David Ellefson was fucking amazing man \m/

Well, I technically saw him at least so do I get points for that :bliss:

bt11763
04-03-2010, 10:40 AM

well im still hoping that they do it on carnage, I didn't even have a chance to see them do it :crosseyed