PDA

View Full Version : Corrosion of Conformity

AnataFan4Life
04-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Anyone know if they're ever gonna put out another album? What the hell happened to them?

Sanitarium78
04-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Anyone know if they're ever gonna put out another album? What the hell happened to them?

COC has turned into more of an after thought now. Which is a shame considering how great their last album, In The Arms Of God was. I don't know about the rest of the band but Pepper Keenan is with Down and that seems to be his main focus now. As for when COC might come out with something new I really have no idea. I haven't heard much news from them lately. Wish I knew more but that's all I can tell you.

It's been 5 years now i'm begining to think maybe they're done:boohoo:

Wrathchild_84
04-01-2010, 06:38 PM
If you ask me they where done after Animosity.

ravenheart
04-01-2010, 06:39 PM
If you ask me they where done after Animosity.

Hell, HELL no.

AnataFan4Life
04-01-2010, 06:41 PM
I enjoyed all of their albums except for America's Volume Dealer, which IMO was really boring modern rock.

ravenheart
04-01-2010, 06:43 PM
I enjoyed all of their albums except for America's Volume Dealer, which IMO was really boring modern rock.

I even liked that one :finger:

Maiden33
04-01-2010, 06:53 PM
I even liked that one :finger:

You're going to see Halestorm, so you probably don't have a problem with boring modern rock. :D

That band is from my backyard, basically - by the way.

ravenheart
04-01-2010, 07:17 PM
You're going to see Halestorm, so you probably don't have a problem with boring modern rock. :D

That band is from my backyard, basically - by the way.

I've been really impressed with Halestorm from what I've listened to off the new album so far.

Plus, it's free.

Maiden33
04-01-2010, 07:21 PM
I've been really impressed with Halestorm from what I've listened to off the new album so far.

Plus, it's free.

Free is good. There's a lot I will go to for free.

They annoy me quite a bit though, because I saw them several years ago - they had been signed but it was still about 2 years before their actual full length debut came out, and they were different. They were edgier, they were heavier, there was more interesting stuff going on. If they actually would've released an album of those songs sounding like that I would've probably liked it. But as time went on they clearly let their label shape them into a commercialized rock band, with their proper debut album featuring only one song that had existed prior to them being forced to write new songs. Also, it should be noted that they worked on that album for at least two full years, and I can't really see why.

ravenheart
04-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Free is good. There's a lot I will go to for free.

They annoy me quite a bit though, because I saw them several years ago - they had been signed but it was still about 2 years before their actual full length debut came out, and they were different. They were edgier, they were heavier, there was more interesting stuff going on. If they actually would've released an album of those songs sounding like that I would've probably liked it. But as time went on they clearly let their label shape them into a commercialized rock band, with their proper debut album featuring only one song that had existed prior to them being forced to write new songs. Also, it should be noted that they worked on that album for at least two full years, and I can't really see why.

There's a lot I do go to for free ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Interesting comments though. I'll bare that in mind. My instant reaction to them is "for fuck sake, this is what Lauren Harris should have sounded like after all the fucking hype". But the product is VERY polished. Shiny, glossy photos, a very up-market digital distribution system (used primarily by Universal and Warners), instant attention despite no history, etc. And I'm always wary of that.