PDA

View Full Version : Serious PC help, plez

ChildrenofSodom
04-01-2010, 01:38 PM
So...It would appear that my computer is fucked up somehow. I mentioned this a little bit in the What Are you Doing thread...

I got back to OSU on Sunday from Spring Break, and I couldn't connect to the internet. I use Firefox, never had any problems, but it wouldn't connect. My laptop would connect to the network, but the internet wouldn't connect. I took it to the IT folks here, and they did a system restore and used Internet Explorer to bring up the internet. Fine and dandy. Problem solved....

Until i got back to my dorm and i tried to use Firefox and it still wouldn't work. The internet would connect the Firefox wouldn't connect. I successfully downloaded Opera but it gave me the same message as Firefox. I tried to download Chrome, and my computer wouldn't even let me start the download. So.....I've been stuck using boring ole Internet Explorer.

I made the observation that my version of IE was outdated (Got the computer for Christmas 2008), so I downloaded the most recent version. And wouldn't you know it, not the newest Internet Explorer won't fucking work! My computer can connect to the network, but no up-to-date browser will let me connect to the internet!

Does anyone have ANY idea of what I should do? I did a system restore to 2 weeks ago, and I'm going to try to redownload Firefox...but I'm at my wits end here.

mankvill
04-01-2010, 01:52 PM
www.techsupportforum.com

Honestly. If you can, post there and I guarantee they'll help you.

Div
04-01-2010, 03:56 PM
normally i can solve these problems, but its hard if i dont have the pc infront of me to work with. do what mankiss said and post @ that place.

OR backup your files and format your hdd.

ChildrenofSodom
04-01-2010, 04:07 PM
do what mankiss said and post @ that place.

Haha...I'll do that and see what they say. Any other forums that you would recommend?

Div
04-01-2010, 05:25 PM
uhhh, maybe /g/ (http://boards.4chan.org/g/) if youre feeling adventurous.