PDA

View Full Version : OZZFEST 2010 Press Release!!! OMFG!!!

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-01-2010, 08:11 AM
Ozzfest.com has released the official lineup for this year's Ozzfest. It is as follows:

Main Stage:

METALLICA
OZZY OSBOURNE
TBA**
DOWN
MASTODON

**Major main-stage band to be announced on May 23

Second Stage:

GODSMACK
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
FEAR FACTORY
DEVILDRIVER
ALL THAT REMAINS

Second Stage (rotating):

36 CRAZYFISTS
DIRGE WITHIN
KITTIE
LAZARUS A. D.
SKELETONWITCH
WALLS OF JERICHO

According to an official press release, OZZY OSBOURNE is set to debut his new band while they play the BLIZZARD OF OZZ album in it's entirety. "We wanted to do something different", stated OZZY OSBOURNE.

This year's main stage lineup features headliner and multiplatinum metal legends METALLICA and such formidable artists as DOWN and MASTODON. Fans can also expect a major main stage addition to be revealed on May 23.

Headlining this year's second stage as a perennial favorite is the GODSMACK, who are back on the charts with their new single 'Crying Like A Bitch' from their forthcoming album 'The Oracle'. Joining them are such high-decibel bands whose names alone underline their fiercely uncompromising vision: ZAKK WYLDE & THE BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, FEAR FACTORY, DEVILDRIVER, ALL THAT REMAINS, 36 CRAZYFISTS, DIRGE WITHIN, KITTIE, LAZARUS A. D., SKELETONWITCH, and WALLS OF JERICHO.

The tour will mark Ozzy Osbourne's first solo concert tour in three years (having headlined Ozzfest with his solo band back in 2007) and will showcase new gutiarist GUS G., bassist BLASKO, and newly aquired drummer ROBERT CLUFOTOS. Ozzy will be debuting new songs at Ozzfest from the solo album that he's currently working on with his new band (release date In July).
'Scream' will be Ozzy's first solo album of new material since 2007.

Ozzfest has taken on a life of its own and has become a virtual breeding ground for rising bands. The festival has been instrumental in catapulting the careers of platinum-selling artists like SYSTEM OF A DOWN, DISTURBED, LINKIN PARK, INCUBUS, SLIPKNOT, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, DROWNING POOL, GODSMACK, CHEVELLE and P.O.D. among others.

"As we head into our fifteenth year," says tour founder Sharon Osbourne, "Ozzfest remains committed to its original vision of sharing this vibrant music and lifestyle that was and is still overlooked by the mainstream media. It's something real that our audience understands — and demands and they're undying support for this music is the reason for Ozzfest's continued success.

"Ozzfest has thrived because of repeat business," Osbourne continues. Fans of this music know firsthand that Ozzfest offers them a full-day of music. We give them a chance to see the best of the new bands on the second stage to the legends of the genre on the main stage. It's the only place to see all of these bands on one show!"

Originally launched in 1996, the all-day extravaganza of music and deranged merriment is roaring louder than ever and has produced impressive figures. Number of bands to grace its stages: 146. Number of shows: 263. Number of fans: 4-and-a-half million and counting.

In addition to drawing vital hard rock acts, Ozzfest has always attracted a variety of select sponsors devoted to the tour's core fan base. In addition to hosting the second stage, Monster Energy will be hosting a VIP/Hospitality area and will invite a limited number of fans to cool off and get re-energized with a cold Monster Energy. Hot Topic will be the festival's official soft line retailer. PlayStation will be out in force, giving fans a chance to play the latest software titles for the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system and the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system while enjoying the hard sounds of the Village of the Damned at Ozzfest. F.Y.E. (For Your Entertainment) is on board for the fifth consecutive year as the official music retailer and will host the FYE autograph tent giving fans the opportunity to meet some of their favorite Ozzfest artists. Trojan brand condoms will also have presence in the Village as the official condom of Ozzfest. Jagermeister will once again bring the backyard BBQ party back to Ozzfest and prove their commitment to metal music with artist autograph signings and tons of free swag for attendees 21 and over.

Artist quotes:

Lars Ulrich (METALLICA): "We're thrilled to again be a part of one of the greatest American festival traditions. Ozzfest was an amazing time for METALLICA in 2008. We look very forward to the summer of 2010."

Sully Erna (GODSMACK): "Ozzfest is where we were born. It's been the breeding ground for many hard rock/heavy metal bands and it helped make us who we are. Sharon and Ozzy have both always been strong supporters of the band and we are honored to be doing this tour for a fourth time and to be sharing the stage with some significant Ozzfest alumni."

Zakk Wylde (BLACK LABEL SOCIETY): "First off, the Ozzfest is the most slamming tour out there. I look forward to it every year. You get a chance to see some ass-kickin' new bands and legendary bands, as well. Aside of that, you can hang out all day and drink beer with your buds. Long live Ozzy and Sharon! Long live the Ozzfest!"

Philip Anselmo(DOWN, PANTERA): "DOWN is extremely excited and honored to be a part of this year's Ozzfest. It is by far THE BEST tour we've ever been involved with and we are looking forward to joining up for our fourth year! We will be releasing our fourth album this summer and we plan on playing a bunch of new songs that we've yet to perform live and we're proud to have graduated to the mainstage where our heroes BLACK SABBATH, OZZY, SLAYER, JUDAS PRIEST and many others have performed. We have a lot of surprises in store! See you all this summer!"

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-01-2010, 08:13 AM
April Fools Day mofos!!! We can only hope the above bullshit turns out to be true, at least some of it :cool:

:D

Metal_Head
04-01-2010, 08:18 AM
You asshole hahaha

TonyD
04-01-2010, 09:00 AM
I hate you

IrritatedTrout
04-01-2010, 09:06 AM
I hate you

Same.

daimonos
04-01-2010, 10:02 AM
April Fools Day mofos!!! We can only hope the above bullshit turns out to be true, at least some of it :cool:

:D

Did you seriously make all of that up? You asshole.

b_halperin
04-01-2010, 10:11 AM
i looked at the responses first before reading all that shit haha.

undergroundrage
04-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Well, that show would be amazing...if only...

Crionics
04-01-2010, 11:14 AM
:mad: Lol

rjturtle9
04-01-2010, 11:37 AM
I was soooooooo happy... :mad:

mankvill
04-01-2010, 12:00 PM
36 CRAZYFISTS IS THE BEST NEW METAL BAND I'VE HEARD

Wrathchild_84
04-01-2010, 12:01 PM
You better start looking over your shoulder....

ChildrenofSodom
04-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Ozzfest.com has released the official lineup for this year's Ozzfest. It is as follows:

GODSMACK
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
DEVILDRIVER
36 CRAZYFISTS
DIRGE WITHIN
KITTIE
WALLS OF JERICHO

My first thoughts were, if you were going to make a fake line-up, why include such shitty bands? But then i realized that it made the joke seem more realistic, because Ozzfest is almost consistently made up of shitty bands.

Well done.

PowerMaiden
04-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Even if this was true I would have skipped it, I strongly dislike every fucking band on that list with the exeption of Ozzy, but him, he can't sing & perform anymore so ...

edit: also love Lazarus A.D. a lot :D

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

undergroundrage
04-01-2010, 12:33 PM
My first thoughts were, if you were going to make a fake line-up, why include such shitty bands? But then i realized that it made the joke seem more realistic, because Ozzfest is almost consistently made up of shitty bands.

Well done.

DevilDriver is far from shitty.

I have a hard time calling BLS shitty too because of Zach.

Sanitarium78
04-01-2010, 01:26 PM
If this is an April fools joke the person who posted this truely is lame. Because nothing is lamer than an April fools joke:finger2:

idrinkwine732
04-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Second Stage (rotating):

36 CRAZYFISTS
DIRGE WITHIN
KITTIE
LAZARUS A. D.
SKELETONWITCH
WALLS OF JERICHO

I vomited in my mouth a bit when I saw this...

bt11763
04-01-2010, 01:39 PM
You are such a cunt. Pardon me whilst I cry myself to sleep (at 4 in the afternoon, you bastard) :boohoo:

ChildrenofSodom
04-01-2010, 02:30 PM
I have a hard time calling BLS shitty too because of Zach.

I have an easy time calling BLS shitty because of Zach.

TonyD
04-01-2010, 02:37 PM
I vomited in my mouth a bit when I saw this...

Not a bad thing at all, don't show up til Fear Factory, less sunburn.

Uncle_Meat1940
04-01-2010, 02:37 PM
hahahahahahaha

I have to agree, Zakk really doesn't impress me in the slightest as a guitarist or a vocalist.

ADD
04-01-2010, 02:59 PM
:boohoo:

ravenheart
04-01-2010, 05:11 PM
lol, superlame. Didn't even need to get to the second post.

Anyone seriously fall for that?

Indestructible
04-01-2010, 05:35 PM
METALLICA
OZZY OSBOURNE
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
FEAR FACTORY
DEVILDRIVER
ALL THAT REMAINS
KITTIE(Just to look at. there music isnt that good)
WALLS OF JERICHO

To bad its fake because I would go to ozzfest for these bands.

makethemsuffer12
04-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Why in the world would anyone want to look at Kittie? They're as attractive as much as their music is good.

Indestructible
04-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Why in the world would anyone want to look at Kittie? They're as attractive as much as their music is good.

They are attractive. The music not so much.

makethemsuffer12
04-01-2010, 06:27 PM
They are attractive. The music not so much.

You really are retarded, aren't you?

DethMaiden
04-01-2010, 06:29 PM

Honestly, he probably is, which is why I (mostly) stopped tormenting him. :eyes:

Indestructible
04-01-2010, 06:31 PM

Hear that everyone thinking girls are hot is retarted now.

Maiden33
04-01-2010, 06:32 PM

This.
This is my biggest problem with people defending women in metal as "eye candy" - most of them aren't. At best most of them are just average looking girls that SEEM attractive and oogle-worthy because you (well, used to) see chicks so rarely in metal. Now it's become the biggest trend out there next to the whole "Viking/Pagan/Pirate" movement.

DethMaiden
04-01-2010, 06:36 PM
This.
This is my biggest problem with people defending women in metal as "eye candy" - most of them aren't. At best most of them are just average looking girls that SEEM attractive and oogle-worthy because you (well, used to) see chicks so rarely in metal. Now it's become the biggest trend out there next to the whole "Viking/Pagan/Pirate" movement.

Women in metal who are attractive to me are generally at least partially attractive because of what they bring to the band. I'm talking Jackie Perez-Gratz, Julie Christmas, and Grace Perry here. Maybe they would be like a 7.5 in the real world but they fucking COMMAND a stage and a studio.

makethemsuffer12
04-01-2010, 06:38 PM

http://assets.mog.com/pictures/wikipedia/362399/Kittie_band.JPG

Do I really have to say anything?

DethMaiden
04-01-2010, 06:38 PM

Do I really have to say anything?

Eww...I like Asians, even, and...eww.

Maiden33
04-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Women in metal who are attractive to me are generally at least partially attractive because of what they bring to the band. I'm talking Jackie Perez-Gratz, Julie Christmas, and Grace Perry here. Maybe they would be like a 7.5 in the real world but they fucking COMMAND a stage and a studio.

It should be noted that I have next to no exposure to current metal bands with girls who do anything but sing (badly) - which is where a lot of my lack of respect comes from. Most girl singers in metal are pointless additions that bands seem to seek out when they have no real image, skill, or appeal. They just stick a chick who's average or somewhat better-than-average out there in a whorey outfit and have her sing.

idrinkwine732
04-01-2010, 06:47 PM
It should be noted that I have next to no exposure to current metal bands with girls who do anything but sing (badly) - which is where a lot of my lack of respect comes from. Most girl singers in metal are pointless additions that bands seem to seek out when they have no real image, skill, or appeal. They just stick a chick who's average or somewhat better-than-average out there in a whorey outfit and have her sing.

JPG is nothing close to that.

AnataFan4Life
04-01-2010, 07:22 PM
http://www.metallian.com/dreamingdead.jpg

:drool:

Bloodcurse
04-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Some good bands with female members, who aren't known for "being hot". Not saying some of them aren't attractive, but the women in these bands are known for their talent, not their looks.

Acid (Belgium), Girlschool (UK), Bolt Thrower (UK), Dreaming Dead (USA), Meldrum (USA), Astarte (Greece), etc....

I'm sick of this Winds of Plague, The Agonist bullshit....bring me some REAL metal chicks!!!

rjturtle9
04-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Some good bands with female members, who aren't known for "being hot". Not saying some of them aren't attractive, but the women in these bands are known for their talent, not their looks.

Acid (Belgium), Girlschool (UK), Bolt Thrower (UK), Dreaming Dead (USA), Meldrum (USA), Astarte (Greece), etc....

I'm sick of this Winds of Plague, The Agonist bullshit....bring me some REAL metal chicks!!!

Two words: :rocker::rocker::rocker:HOLY MOSES:rocker::rocker::rocker:

idrinkwine732
04-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Holy Moses as well as Grayceon/Giant Squid

Natrlhi
04-05-2010, 06:36 AM
I just noticed this conversation. You people need to click here. (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11229)

Natrlhi
04-05-2010, 06:39 AM
What does this even mean? Forget it - I don't even care.

...and it's R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D. Jesus, seriously? :rolleyes:

EDIT: The guy you replied to even spelled it correctly for you!!!!!

EDIT2:

Honestly, he probably is, which is why I (mostly) stopped tormenting him. :eyes:

I've thought that for a while, but I guess I got fed up today (see above). Oh well.

Natrlhi
04-05-2010, 06:45 AM

http://blog.internetnews.com/apatrizio/do-not-want-dog.jpg