PDA

View Full Version : Eric Clapton -- Nashville, TN -- February 17th, 2010

JudasPriest89
03-31-2010, 02:58 PM
I know I haven't updated concerts I've actually attended lately (Because I've been busy with other things and when I'm on I usually post a gig I didn't attend) but here's one finally that was an okay gig!

Roger Daltrey setlist

01.I Can See For Miles
02.The Real Me
03.Days Of Light
04.Freedom Ride
05.Gimme A Stone
06.Real Good Looking Boy
07.Mannish Boy
08.Young Man Blues
09.Baba O' Riley
10.Ring Of Fire (Johnny Cash cover)

Best part of the night,first time seeing him (and it definitlly won't be the last!) he sounded great I don't care what a bunch of people say about his voice,He's still an amazing vocalist and I thought he sang better than when he did the Superbowl this year with The Who.Better than Eric,Though I thought he would later do a cover with Eric (Like "I Shot The Sheriff" maybe),But unfortunatly no.Definitlly gonna see him again (With or without The Who).

Eric Clapton setlist

01.Going Down Slow
02.Key To The Highway
03.Tell The Truth
04.Old Love
05.I Shot The Sheriff
06.Driftin' Blues
07.Nobody Knows When You're Down And Out
08.Running On Faith
09.Layla (Acoustic)
10.I've Got A Rock 'N' Roll Heart
11.Badge
12.Little Queen Of Spades
13.Before You Accuse Me
14.Wonderful Tonight
15.Cocaine
-----------------------
16.Crossroads

Clapton put on an okay performance,not his best though,I've hear he puts on longer shows than an hour and 10 minutes,but,you can't always get 3 hour shows though.So I was glad that he did most of my favorite songs by him (Shocked not to hear "Sunshine" though) but I was disappointed because I didn't like the way they played "Layla" and I don't like shows with only 1 encore usually,But overall good performance,I'll see him again for sure.

The Ghost at Number One
03-31-2010, 05:01 PM
I'm not typically one to mention such things, but I really don't think this is the appropriate forum for an Eric Clapton setlist.

JRA
03-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Roger Daltrey covering "Ring of Fire." That's gotta be...interesting....:eyes:

christopher
03-31-2010, 11:34 PM
I would love to see him live someday, even if its just to hear him play Layla and nothing else.

maidenpriest
04-01-2010, 12:05 AM
I'm not typically one to mention such things, but I really don't think this is the appropriate forum for an Eric Clapton setlist.

there are lots of bands on this forum that dont "belong" here but imo clapton was a big influence on hard rock/metal guitarists today. and we have a lot of bands on here who arent metal but have influenced metal later on.

300%_Density
04-01-2010, 12:31 AM
I support Clapton on here as well. Def an influence on some metal guitarists. And really if we can put crap like Muse on here then there is no reason Clapton should be disregarded. Wish I could have seen this when it went through.

bennythedog
04-01-2010, 05:49 AM
I'm assuming Budge is really Badge. That's the one song I'd want to hear if I were to ever go to a Clapton show!!!! By far, my favorite.

I'm okay with it being on here as well.

The_jman
04-01-2010, 07:38 AM
IMO Clapton is one of the best guitarists, and a great influence on music in general. I think a better question would be does anyone have a problem with Clapton on here? Funny its always the non-metal gigs that tend to get a lot of hits...

Fe Maiden
04-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Eric Clapton is legendary and yes he belongs here!

300%_Density
04-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Honestly if we can have crap like Muse on here. Then yea definitley there is room for Slow Hand on here.

Sanitarium78
04-01-2010, 12:17 PM
While i'm not a huge fan of his, Clapton sets are welcomed here. Anyone who doesn't think so is just plain ignorant about music and the influence he's had over all genres of rock/metal. If you doubt this check out some stuff from when he was in Cream during the 60s. They were writting heavier blues inspirered rock before most bands, including Sabbath. In fact Tony Iommi has credited Eric Clapton's guitar sound with Cream as a major influence on him. In "N.I.B." Iommi uses a riff that sounds simular to Cream's "In The Sunshine Of Your Love"

So to sum this up:

No Eric Clapton = No Tony Iommi = no metal.

JudasPriest89
04-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Roger Daltrey covering "Ring of Fire." That's gotta be...interesting....:eyes:

You should have been there,Roger stole the whole show

idrinkwine732
04-01-2010, 02:57 PM
No Eric Clapton = No Tony Iommi = no metal.

Statements like this, although I totally agree with you, frustrate me a bit. We can always trace it back as far as you want. If Robert Johnson weren't a poor black man, we wouldn't really have rock n roll, we wouldn't have metal. The chain goes back infinitely far. Also, I don't think you have to like person x because they had a huge influence on person y, who you love.

Sanitarium78
04-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Statements like this, although I totally agree with you, frustrate me a bit. We can always trace it back as far as you want. If Robert Johnson weren't a poor black man, we wouldn't really have rock n roll, we wouldn't have metal. The chain goes back infinitely far. Also, I don't think you have to like person x because they had a huge influence on person y, who you love.

True. You can keep tracing everything back and go on and on it would be endless in music. I know you don't have to like someone because they influenced another that you like. I was merely trying to inform people who may not know the influence that Clapton has had on the hard rock/metal genres as a whole. He deserves respect at least and most deffinately is worthy of having sets posted on this forum.

Compared to some of the garbage that gets posted on here, and that includes metal bands, an Eric Clapton set being here is hardly anything to bitch about.

idrinkwine732
04-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Honestly if we can have crap like Muse on here. Then yea definitley there is room for Slow Hand on here.

Did you just say crap like Muse? If you think Muse are crap, then show me the best rock band in the game today. They must be phenomenal.

JudasPriest89
04-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Did you just say crap like Muse? If you think Muse are crap, then show me the best rock band in the game today. They must be phenomenal.

Velvet Revolver

Uncle_Meat1940
04-02-2010, 02:11 PM
There isn't one.

JudasPriest89
04-02-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm assuming Budge is really Badge. That's the one song I'd want to hear if I were to ever go to a Clapton show!!!! By far, my favorite.

I'm okay with it being on here as well.

Oh yeah. Thanks,I hate fucking typos

The Ghost at Number One
04-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Velvet Revolver
Good grief. Surely you jest.

dualcitizenrocker
04-02-2010, 06:16 PM
I saw Clapton back in 89 on his Crossroads box set tour. 2 1/2 of pure magic! and to make it even better he had Mark Knopfler of Dire Straights as his rhythm guitarist. He did all his hits and even the old Blind Faith song Can't Find My Way Home. He closed the show with Wonderful Tonight and Cocaine and came out for a second encore and let Knopfler do Money for Nothing. What else can I say, Clapton belongs here!

metalrulez
04-03-2010, 05:29 AM
It is nice to see how we have some music buffs on here. I am a Clapton fan, though not a fan of his $150/nosebleed ticket prices. I am surprised that no one mentioned him playing with Jeff Beck and (briefly) Jimmy Page (of pre-Led Zepplin days) while they were in the Yardbirds, back in the 60's.
Clapton absolutely belongs on here!! Without him and his contributions, we may be posting about rap music.....

JudasPriest89
04-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Good grief. Surely you jest.

No I don't, Who do you know that's better these days exactley?

The Ghost at Number One
04-11-2010, 10:03 AM
No I don't, Who do you know that's better these days exactley?
Anyone that's not Velvet Revolver! Seriously, though, I thought their first album was mediocre at best, and their second album, to me, was complete shit. It always sounded to me as if they were just phoning it in.

Again, this is all just a matter of opinion, but I think King's X, Alice in Chains, Three, Stone Temple Pilots (we'll see how the new album sounds, though - not super keen on the new single yet), Queens of the Stone Age, and yes, even Muse, are much, MUCH better than Velvet Revolver.

JudasPriest89
05-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Anyone that's not Velvet Revolver! Seriously, though, I thought their first album was mediocre at best, and their second album, to me, was complete shit. It always sounded to me as if they were just phoning it in.

Again, this is all just a matter of opinion, but I think King's X, Alice in Chains, Three, Stone Temple Pilots (we'll see how the new album sounds, though - not super keen on the new single yet), Queens of the Stone Age, and yes, even Muse, are much, MUCH better than Velvet Revolver.

I like Muse but I just think Revolver is better