PDA

View Full Version : Immortal -- Brooklyn, NY -- March 30th, 2010

Polock91
03-31-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally, I wasn't even going to go to this show. The cost was way too much, and I almost didn't have a way of getting there. Let me tell you, though; if Immortal ever come back around, don't let the price stop you, they are an incredible live band. While the Masonic Temple may not have the best sound system, they still played incredibly.

When I first started to go see shows, I had this feeling of "holy shit, these guys are standing right in front of me. It's not some picture on myspace, or a video on youtube, they're right fucking here." I haven't had that feeling since Slayer in 2006. I didn't honestly think Immortal would be the band that brought that feeling back, but when the Winterdemons took to stage, it was a feeling of pure awe.

Anyway, here's the setlist:

1. All Shall Fall
2. The Rise Of Darkness
3. Solarfall
4. Sons Of Northern Darkness
5. Tyrants
6. Hordes To War
7. Norden On Fire
8. Grim And Frostbitten Kingdoms
9. Pure Holocaust
10. Unearthly Kingdom
11. One By One
12. Withstand The Fall Of Time
---------------------------------
13. Beyond The North Waves
14. Battles In The North
15. Blashyrkh (Mighty Ravendark)

I don't think they did the "A Sign For The Norse Hordes To Ride/Pure Holocaust" medley at this show; couldn't really tell at that point. I'm pretty sure they just did the song Pure Holocaust. Either way, great show, great set, cannot wait to see them again.

mankvill
03-31-2010, 01:57 PM
FROSTBITTEN I BECAME FORTHWITH TO SEE
CRYSTALIZED DIMENSTIONS
TO WHERE THE UNFAITHFUL FLY
YOU MIGHT SAY I'M DEMONIZED

Maideneer
03-31-2010, 04:28 PM
Great show yes. I was in the balcony because I like seats and I like being elevated. What a weird place for a show, pictures of esteemed African people on the walls...

xStructualDefect
03-31-2010, 05:16 PM
When I first started to go see shows, I had this feeling of "holy shit, these guys are standing right in front of me. It's not some picture on myspace, or a video on youtube, they're right fucking here." I haven't had that feeling since Slayer in 2006.

now that i think about it i used to get that feeling all the time back when i started going to shows in 05, but i never get that feeling anymore, even if it's a band i like a lot. i stopped getting that feeling after about a year of going to shows. i think the only band i still get that feeling from is Korn.

mankvill
03-31-2010, 05:21 PM
now that i think about it i used to get that feeling all the time back when i started going to shows in 05, but i never get that feeling anymore, even if it's a band i like a lot. i stopped getting that feeling after about a year of going to shows. i think the only band i still get that feeling from is Korn.

I felt that extra fucking hard the first time I saw Skeletonwitch. Obituary too, because I was right up against the stage in front of John fucking Tardy and Ralph fucking Santolla.

Last concert to do that to me was probably Witchaven or Magrudergrind. Big time for Megadeth.

xStructualDefect
03-31-2010, 05:22 PM
hmm now that i think about it, Nightwish did that for me. but it might've been because i was on the rail and i've been a fan since '04.

mankvill
03-31-2010, 05:24 PM
hmm now that i think about it, Nightwish did that for me. but it might've been because i was on the rail and i've been a fan since '04.

Sure it wasn't just all the blood rushing to your boner because of Annette? :drool:

xStructualDefect
03-31-2010, 05:26 PM
Sure it wasn't just all the blood rushing to your boner because of Annette? :drool:

lol it could've been. if it was Tarja it would have been even a bigger deal.

ShatteredFlame
03-31-2010, 05:44 PM
I've only been going to concerts for only a year now(10 shows) and already lost that feeling =(. Except for my favorite bands like Devin Townsend and Opeth.

idrinkwine732
03-31-2010, 05:59 PM
I've only been going to concerts for only a year now(10 shows) and already lost that feeling =(. Except for my favorite bands like Devin Townsend and Opeth.

Man, I've been going to shows left and right for the last few years, and I get that rush almost every time I see a band. Live performances just fascinate me.

xStructualDefect
03-31-2010, 09:23 PM
Man, I've been going to shows left and right for the last few years, and I get that rush almost every time I see a band. Live performances just fascinate me.

i still get the rush before seeing a band, but i don't get that "OMG THE BAND IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME" feeling anymore.

idrinkwine732
03-31-2010, 09:31 PM
i still get the rush before seeing a band, but i don't get that "OMG THE BAND IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME" feeling anymore.

Oh jeez do I.

Uncle_Meat1940
03-31-2010, 09:52 PM
I still get that feeling when I see/meet Zappa alumni

IrritatedTrout
04-01-2010, 09:11 AM
I remember getting that feeling for Maiden in 05, it took me like 3 songs for it to sink in that they're real people and not just some musical deities that only existed in pictures and youtube and the like. I bet I'll be feeling that way again this summer.:D

Uncle_Meat1940
04-01-2010, 10:45 AM
I know I'll get that feeling when I see Maiden this summer since it will be my first time and I've been in love with them since I was 10. haha

ricky4502
04-04-2010, 07:45 PM
i've only gotten that feeling 3 times. 1st was with system of a down cuz it was my 1st concert ever, then with SLAYER then MAIDEN... and i know i'll get that feeling again with MAIDEN again when I see them for the 2nd time in june.

oh i think i may have gotten it with opeth too... i'll be seeing them again this friday!

kataklysmicdeath
04-04-2010, 08:52 PM
truly an incredible show. my mind hasn't been blown like that in a whileeee. the price was ridiculous though :mad: